POKEMON, DIGIMON

POKEMON, DIGIMON
OR MONSTER RANCHER?

Which is the ultimate monster raising/battling experience? Of course I'm talking only about the games and don't give a shit about the anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-v4fEDYHjk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pokemon is the best, most complex battle system and breeding system, but its cool to hate it because its the most popular one.

Definitely not Pokemon since you don't do any raising on that one.
Pokemon don't need to eat, their stats depend 90% on their species, they have no life cycle and the obedience system is ridiculous, all feral pokemon are 100% obedient from the get go but trained traded pokemon can disobey you.
Pokemon may have the battle part but if you want to raise monsters Digimon and Moster Rancher are widely superior.

Bought Digimon Cyber Sleuth last week and it's been pretty good and it's my first Digimon game.

I always found the raising systems of things like digimon world 1 not fun in any way
Even soul hackers the loyalty system is just an annoyance.
IMO they still havent come up with raising systems that make the game better and fun, they are just boring and tedious, like flushing your tamagotchi poop for the 6th time today

>God Tier
Digimon cartoon
>Little kid tier
Pokemon cartoon
>Nobody fucking watched Tier
Monster Rancher cartoon

Digimon. At least for monster variety instead of "animals. plants and objects with their defining features exaggerated" or "monsters in a shitload of different colors".

M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MONSTERS RULE

I think digimon is underrated.

I think its fairly rated.
I hope the next story game they said they are developing actually shakes the formula and they put some actual budget behind it

Ironically Yugioh has by far the best and most imaginative monsters and it is not even a damn monster raising game.

Yeah but Digimon almost always keeps a straight pattern in evolution and rank (Almost always "6 and a half stages" with each one becoming more and more powerful and sometimes different ways that are discarded after the season ends.) as well as a much larger focus on actually caring for them instead of just having them be objects used to fight for your amusement.

Monster Rancher. Though even that feels a little stiff and mechanical, with training down to a strict science despite attempts to occasionally incorporate the monster's personality and quirks in attempt to throw a wrench into things.

>most complex breeding

blocks you're path

What about Dragon Quest Monsters?

DQM is the GOAT

Just such a great atmosphere/feel

what is this exactly?

Your mom

Anyone else played this?
The fusion system was cool, the problem is I could never complete it because moonrunes.
youtube.com/watch?v=8-v4fEDYHjk

>Which is the ultimate monster raising/battling experience?
Shin Megami Tensei

pokemon has bestgirls tho
you have 10 seconds to name a Monster Rancher or Digimon waifu

>Waifufags

I use to Jack off to holly on monster rancher show