Does Sup Forums like Guilty Gear? Or is too hard for you?

Does Sup Forums like Guilty Gear? Or is too hard for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20Dc-Cb2ATc
youtube.com/watch?v=eY_O6YiSM64
youtube.com/watch?v=JEDUHEC_H9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like it, but I'm trash garbage at it.

I like it but I only have Xrd from when it was first released on Steam. Have yet to purchase the others.

Way too fucking hard.
There's a mirrion mechanics to remember and combos are too long and complicated. Pressure seems really hard to get out of also.

Was playing yesterday on PC. It's at the point now where the community id completely filtered. The dudes that are still playing are hard. fucking. core. Got completely obliterated. Gonna try again later today.

its good, but i prefer blazblue

I love GG but I have to admit they completely fucked up with new characters. Raven is too damn OP right now especially if you're playing online.

Make a player match lobby for beginners. All the new players seem to come out of the woodwork as no one seems to want to make their own lobby.

I like it, but there's too little hitstop for me. Also I prefer Blazblue anyway. Still fun though.

What about blazblue is different from gg?

Xrd is a lot easier than the older stuff so I got bored. Fun game though.

I can only play Jack-O Valentine and Ramlethal. Even then, I am terrible if I don't play equally otherwise I forget one moveset over the other. No other fighting game trips me up like this if I don't play enough. Every time I load online, I get fucked. Playing PS3.

2weeb

More emphasis on character gimmicks

>Sup Forums
>liking fighting games

I like the older ones. The genre has kind of gone to shit with the death of arcades in the US.

The characters are way less appealing compared to Blazblue characters.

This.

I don't like the mechanics, I prefer BB, UNI and Koihime.

I played GG for the first time yesterday with some friends. Not sure if this is the kind of fightan' I'd get into but I enjoyed doing random shit with Faust.

This combined with several meters. Who the hell can keep track all of this?

i want to like it but im too much of a brainlet to properly learn its mechanics. generally any Arc System Works games for that matter.
ill still play it casually but for a bit more in the competitive play, i dont fucking know what im doing.
I dont know when to properly use those roman cancels or bursts or whatever they are called. i just kinda use them randomly

>Does Sup Forums like Guilty Gear?
Sup Forums got Guilty Gear banished to /vg/ because people actually talked about video games.
So yes.

He's not. He's easier to be competent with than most characters, but Rev 2 is mostly balanced just fine. Just look at the last Arc Revo, every character but Baiken was played by somebody.

Explain Koihime to me, I only had a few times to actually play it.

Blame the fag that kept posting the thread with the same picture over and over again. You at least have to pretend it's not a general.

This. The guys who were making the thread were really retarded and smug about it

It's not that hard. There's a couple of things that may be difficult to keep track of, but those things aren't something you have to worry about unless you're at a really high level of play.

Is Raven still unga bunga top tier?

I unironically enjoy him.

Bursts are just combo breakers, essentially. It's not too hard to figure out when to use them.

excuse me?

He's still really good, they re-worked his excitement meter to not be completely useless in Rev 2 as well.

It's the best Street Fighter ever made.

Hot opinion alert

GG 2D Sprites > BB Sprites 3D > GG 3D Sprites

I hate Blazblue characters, to the point I haven't even tried the game because of it. Hakumen and Hazama are the only members of the roster whose design I really like at all. Maybe if I did just sit down and play it I would come to like one of them, but I find their designs as well as the early 2000s VN aesthetic it has really offputting.

Plenty things. Blazblue is much more pressure focused game and there's less defensive options. You need to block much more. Each character also has a gimmick bound to their D button which kinda defines what the character is or how it's supposed to be played.

Guilty Gear is more freeformish and archaic when it comes to characters (though most of them have a gimmick, they just aren't completely defined by it). Guilty Gear also has far more defensive options and the game revolves around knockdown and mixups in general. Characters will often forego heavier damaging combos just to set up a good knockdown because unlike most if not all modern fighting games GG does not have any kind of way to change your wakeup timing.

>RC flashes make some parts of combos easier, therefore the whole game is easier to the point it's boring
Wow. Have you tried playing actual people?

Matchups are much more polarized, since characters are much more gimmick heavy. There is much less character specific shit, and everyone wakes up at the same time after getting knocked down.
The game is much cleaner in many ways. Like, you can actually punish a -7 move on block with a 7f move consistently. There is also hold to tech, you don't need to mash for anything.
Different types wake up options, which means that the okis aren't as braindead as on GG.
Blockstrings are much longer.
Tension management barely exists in BB, since it doesn't have as much types of RCs.
No slowdowns on BB.
Moves in BB have properties. An aerial move with the head property will always get anti-aired with a head-invul move no matter what the spacing or the hitbox of the move is, unlike on GG (which has pure hitbox/hurtbox interaction).
Throws comes out in 7f and actually have a tech window(only 2f in GG). You can throw someone during blockstun or combo, but the throw tech window is like 28f instead of the usual 15.
BB has arcsys V-Trigger, which is named overdrive. Also, in BB you're much less encouraged to burst since it will deny the damage boost ou get from being offensive for the whole round.

Maybe some other stuff I missed out, but at least it can give you an idea on how different both games are.

I need more of an explanation than that.

It has very little to do with how RC flashes work. Have you played the older games?

These are the same faggots that are hyping DBFz saying that it will save the fighting genre as if they know shit about fighting games.

Remember Sup Forums, DBFz will be popular for the first 2 weeks because its a DB game and it will then die because brianlets like these are trash at fighting games and refuse to learn it.

DBZF will be a really fun game, but I doubt it will be a good competitive game.

DBFZ will save the genre

I mean, except for AC/+/+R, the feeling is mostly the same as the older game.
I hope you're not the kind of guy who defines GG by the Accident Core series

youtube.com/watch?v=20Dc-Cb2ATc
I've gotta run but this video is a good rundown.

Playing Potemkin makes me want to kill myself because I hate how you need to hammerfall cancel to get optimal damage but I like his design.

Now I just play Sol instead.

Xrd is objectively easier game to get into compared to older GG titles for multiple reasons including but not limited to: an actual input buffer, no retarded ass character defining mechanics like enkasu or I-No's FRC combos and YRC.

t. someone who started with Xrd

Eeeh #R > Slash = AC > Xrd imo

>Does Sup Forums like Guilty Gear? Or is too hard for you?
Why not both?
I love it and it's too hard for me

Bursts have more uses than that but most of the time they are used as pressure/combo break, yes.

Dragon Ball Fighter Z will curbstomp Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Street Fighter 5 into irrelevancy.

Thanks, user

Just preordered 500 hundred copies of MvC Infinite

I'll take it I guess

>MvCi
Oh for sure
>SF5
Extreme doubt

Nobody brought up those fucking failures.
>can only prop up DBZ against obviously shitty games

Fuck man, are you still mad about BB? How can one man be so buttblasted?

They do, but I'm just saying that if you feel like you have no idea when to burst, then you'll probably be just fine using it as a combo breaker.

>an actual input buffer
This one works in a very weird way in Xrd tho. Like sure, some combos are easier to pull out, but I can definitely tell you I don't feel any input buffer when trying to get out of a blockstring (it's actually hella hard to punish a 6f gap with a 6f move for instance).

>no retarded ass character defining mechanics like enkasu or I-No's FRC
That kind of depends on the character, I guess? Because Johnny has SDTH, Pot has 6K loops for instance. I can definitely agree that none of those are nightmare inducing, but telling that there isn't any anymore is kind of false.

Not to mention that simplifications that Xrd got barely helps parts where the game is actually hard, like doing clean confirms and optimized combos on lightweights.

SF5 is trash but it still has about 2-3x the competitive player base of everything else out right now.

People are drinking the kool aid if they ever think something will be more popular than SF no matter how bad it is, and SF5 has proved that.

where is the pc lobby?

Fucking true that. Things get too bad, flash some fan favorites around and a new update and all is forgiven.
I fucking hate it, but nothing has the same kind of clout as street fighter.

None of those things are as difficult as +R stuff. I FEEL (heavy emphasis on 'feel') that #R also is much stricter when it comes to some inputs compared to even AC or +R. #R was plenty difficult and they just upped it a notch pretty much when it comes to every character in AC by adding bunch of shit.

I'm not the same guy and I'm also not saying Xrd is an easy game but there's no comparing the difficulties. Xrd has many crutches that help weaker players to catch up to technical gods and veteran players in general. Removal of FRC and most of true 1f timings is one of them.

You forgot old Guilty Gear's shitty aerial neutral, with super jumps sending you to the moon. Also, Johnny is harder now then he was in AC-era.

This is also visible in tournament play because you'd regularly see top players go for optimal combos any drop them.

You don't really see that happen much in Xrd unless someone tries to do something very character specific.

>Also, Johnny is harder now then he was in AC-era.

Only XX and the other sprite games, i even enjoyed isuka.

Fuck xrd though.

>Also, Johnny is harder now then he was in AC-era.

Gonna disagree on that one. He's still one of the hardest characters to play in Xrd and I like him a lot, but AC Johnny had absurdly tight timings when trying to be optimal.

Yes, and yes
The only thing I don't like is the character designs. Most of the females (and some of the males) seem to be especifically tailored to appeal to virgin weeaboo mouthbreathers...

It's too hard for me but I like it

Tekken sold more and the player base might not be as big on americant but it's big enough. It's bigger than sfv on south korea and other asian countries for sure.

lol no

youtube.com/watch?v=eY_O6YiSM64

bonus youtube.com/watch?v=JEDUHEC_H9c

That's Blazblue not GG

>Most Females seem to be tailored to appeal to virgin weaboo moutherbreathers
Welcome to fighting games
I won't give Efphelt and Jack O a pass but everyone else is fine.

I like the humor and artstyle, but it’s too hard to play casually and I know nothing about the universe and hits and attacks don’t feel as satisfying as in Tekken.

How's Under Night compare to BB and GGXRD? A new one comes out in February and UNIEL characters will be in the Crosstag so it captured my interest

>No Testament
>No Anji
>No Zappa
>No Bridget
>Three Valentine clones

It's actually hard to tell when someone drops or not. In GG, you can easily feel that your combo won't continue, and adapt to it. If you see people go for tech traps in some situations, it's most likely because they felt like they were going to drop. And tech being as retarded as it is in Xrd, you don't really want to put yourself in a situation where you hunt for the tech, if you character can avoid it.
And you can also define optimal in different ways. There is always a way to do more damage on your stuff. Take Ramlethal for instance. Doing 5KKK wallsplat is optimal, since it has no proration. Yet, after lengthier corner carry combos, you can still do 5PPP instead, which has a proration, and call it optimal. The damage gain is basically not worth the difficulty. But it's considered optimal still.
Not to mention that when you actually watch some tournaments, people won't always go for the big boy combo with great optimization. If you look at Machaboo's Sin, he tends to do easy shit much more than hard shit. Same for Omito.

>Johnny is harder now then he was in AC-era.
No. It's now much easier for Johnny to convert into knockdown off random hits thanks to Zweihander.

>Like it
>No one in my friend circle but this one insufferable guy likes it
>Don't really like playing with rando's

Oh well

Old Johnny only needed lvl2 mf frc (which was 3f), divine blade frc (which was 3f), and SD-Jackhound is piss easy compared to treausure hunt. Xrd j.MF shit gives him a million more options, character-specifc shit, and the dust loops are much harder the his old aerial BnBs, and Zwei yrc leads to backwards IAD converts are harder then the retard converts like 6k frc or TK ensenga gimmicks.
The only old Johnny thing that really stands out as harder is 1-hit Ensenga and FRC timings, but once you get those down, the party is over whereas with Xrd Johnny the skill ceiling just chugs on forever.

Ground-based, tug-of-war mechanics, and reverse beats.

>Elphelt
>Ram
>May
>I-No
Literally designed to appeal to weaboo fetishists. Actually, toss Dizzy on that pile too.
Only Baiken and Milia are not cancerous.

Yeah, Baiken and Millia definitely don't appeal to fetishes at all. Nope. Oh no.

This shit isn't that hard. Have you played Johnny for a long time? The only thing that's hard in the whole video is divine blade frc to flame frc.

You don't ever get 1-hit Ensenga down because it's different for almost every character.

Johnny had to use a different combo path for every weight class. It's much more universal in Xrd because there's more or less only 3 weights you really need to consider, and that's only for optimization.

FRC timings and heavy use of jump install is another factor that complicates it.

Raven is just so damn cool
>Likable personality
>Awesome voice
>Fun to play
>Moves are fun to watch

FRC is a mechanic that makes the game harder, not easier, because it was broken as fuck in AC/+R. If online warriors can do 1 frame links in SF4 they can do FRC since most of them, especially many of the good ones, are around 3F

AC/+R are only harder in the sense that you need to learn longer combos because nothing does any fucking damage in these games outside a handful of characters who do HnK level damage/stun

Here
Pls play Johnny before commenting.

>no baiken no buy-ken
Fuck bacon memers. She comes out busted and they all drop the fucking game again.

>good enough to win locals
>bad enough to get 0/2'd or 1/2'd at minors and majors

I fucking hate this feel

>no retarded ass character defining mechanics like enkasu or I-No's FRC combos

Try doing I-no's SJ FDC IAD specific combos and then talk to me about no retarded ass character defining mechanics. Literally only one guy can do that, and it's not even Koichi.

>divine blade frc to flame frc
wat

im really good at it but i dont like it

How the fuck am I wrong about Johnny

Don't trust waifufags unless the'y particularly dedicated/autistic to keep playing their waifu despite balancing issues

>The character who's outfit is a walking music reference
>The character who wears a gross teeth cape
>The least sexualized young girl character in fighting games
>A direct reference to an actual person

meanwhile kenshin with fat tits or the girl who spent every game before this one running around with only half an outfit are fine?

The FRCs were my favorite part about I-No. Xrd changes killed the series for me tbqh.

She's too honest in a dishonest game

There actually was a ridiculous amount of Baiken players for quite a long time online.

Because he's a mindless AC/+R dicksucker even though that game killed guilty gear for years and people only played it because there was nothing else to do

Sure user.

>Can't get it down.
Speak for yourself. Also, the same thing can be said about Zweihander kd; you can eyeball it, but you're better off figuring out an aerial chain that nigh guarantees it. I always practiced it against the few character I knew I'd be playing against, and so I never had an issue.