Who killed western gaming

Who killed western gaming

The white numale cuck

MBAs

The internet

(You) did

Lizard people.

The explosion of dev marketing budgets due to the profitability of mainstream titles in the early 2000s coupled with the 3d technological arms race from gen 5-7 basically killed the (then) regularity of more creative efforts. It wasn't any 1 dev so much as big publishers noticing blood in the water and biting.

I never understood why people would pay for that shit

gamergate

Women

Micro transactions

Sup Forums did user,Sup Forums did

They let it happen, but it was women and blacks.

The death of AA gaming. AAA was always bad, but now you have little alternative.

No one. Western games are still much better than Japanese shit. It's a fact, you're just a pathetic loser who thinks his passion for something foreign makes him superior.

(((?)))

dude-bro gaming(call of duty) and wimmin

>implying gamergate wasn't the last whimper of a now defeated community

Gamergate's enemies were the actual killers.

Hello soyboy!

>implying western gaming is dead

the world wide consumer market is so large these days for vidya that companies can play it safe and formulaic and millions of subhumans will still buy it. it's just the natural progression. on the bright side it seems like indie devs are really upping their game lately. i like to think that Sup Forums in part helped kick out the indie faggots who tried turning it into their degenerate art shit

did you open your lockbox today?

no because i dont play those kind of games.

>i dont play western games

ftfy

western gaming confirmed dead

When was AAA western gaming ever good? Never is my answer. AAs used to be fantastic though.

asscreed 2 was good

No it really wasn't. I think you might have just been young at the time.

John Soros

i've played it recently. it still holds up imo.
plus, it was something new at that time, so it gets bonus points for that.

When the western devs started to make console games

(note that I don't dislike console games, basically all the classic western games just are made for PC)

Not that user but it was decent. It was the only AC game I enjoyed.

Women did. Just like how they ruin everything else.

Lmao Gamergate was a reaction to it at most.

Stop being retarded.

the players

JRPG

Western games killed themselves. Back then western developers saw how successful japanese games were and tried to copy them, or make their own spin on the concepts. In later gens when western games started outdoing japanese games in success and sales, thing shifted and now western games looked at other western games for success.

white people

steam

It just iterated on AC1. It wasn't really anything new.
I'll accept decent, but not good. I can't think of a time that western AAA was good, because AAA almost by definition has to be safe by the numbers bullshit because of budget.

For the longest time I thought the horse armor increased your horse's health or defense but it's literally just cosmetic.

Sony.
They opened the floodgates for atari tier shit again.

ea
bethesda
ubisoft
the unholy trinity

this is the only correct answer

It drastically improved the formula of the first game though, I wouldn't call it a mere reiteration. The way it improved and expanded on the first game, I had really high hopes Ubisoft would keep the trend going with the sequels. Jokes on me I guess.

Western AAA Gaming is Good OP

The contrarian's answer, you mean.

>gamers stand up to corruption in the video game industry
>somehow this is what killed western games

kys

MattherMatosis

pic related

>It just iterated on AC1. It wasn't really anything new.
it was still the only game with the building climbing gimmick, and it made good improvements on AC1

Why do so many western games focus on cinematics? Its like they are trying to be a movie.

No, Valve is just a symptom. Valve is exactly what all AAA console makers want to be: a platform holder and retail service provider, not a thing that actually makes games or consoles. This trend began before Valve, see Oblivion's horse armor.

This.
As much as people want to go "muh draconian rule!!!" Nintendo and to a lesser extent Sega made sure games were all of an at least acceptable quality to ensure another crash wouldn't happen.
But Sony came in with the PS1 with extremely lax control and surprise western games went to shit and became shameless rehashed of nip ones

It's not even dead

It is creatively and has been for nearly 20 years

>ywn go back to the 80's and 90's in western gaming where the women were babes, sexualization wasn't even a word, politics were libertarian at the most and white dudes could freely make and discuss what they want without women and minorities scrutinizing our every move

SJWs and Annoying women

Me

at no point was gamergate ever about gaming journalism. from its inception, the purpose of gamergate was to harass and harm women in the gaming industry and female gamers in general. everyone, including gamergate themselves, acknowledge this fact.

Calladudy

you're not supposed to say that out loud

Yeah let's just ignore the fact that it started because someone slept around for good reviews

me

>Back then western developers saw how successful japanese games were and tried to copy them
shut the fuck up you stupid weeaboo faggot. the usa specifically invented nearly every genre and perfected them. japanese games were always shallow shit. the usa showed they could be more than just bing bing wahoo! and for awhile it was really good

I'll bet you 15 bucks you didn't even use this site 5 years ago.

>this is what reddit actually believes

lmao how are americans always so full of themselves, does all the excess salt and sugar in your food turn you into arrogant, boisterous assholes?

Casuals

>rigged reviews for a free game

>the usa showed they could be more than just bing bing wahoo!
By making bing bing wahoo clones that used awful stock sounds all the time.

I guess man. The combat was so dogshit I had trouble looking past it.
It did, but not enough imo.

>America runs the console market
>crash

>Japan runs the console market
>two decades of excellence with no lack of great eastern games, and western games on PC

>America back to the console market
>things got progressively worse ever since

>japan starts dominating again
>we are graced again by excellent games

I did.

And I regret nothing

The Jews

the person she slept with did not review her game. it was just an affair. the boyfriend made that allegation, and gamergate used it to mask their true intentions. they went after her because she was a woman in the gaming industry. period. that is the truth, and gamergate wants no one to know it.

i have been here longer than you. i watched gamergate form. this is it's history. history does not change based on your feelings and opinions.

this is the truth. nothing you say, think, or do will ever change this fact.

>japan
>dominating the current console market

>free games are exempt from criticism

>If you ignore everything about it and listen to proffesional victims about it it's TRUE
wow fuck off retard.

lmao

>I've been here longer than you

(citation needed)

what killed western gaming was the failure of the west to purge it's liberals and /fedora tipper parasites in a bloody pogreom after the cold war.

With the advancement of the internet in civvie use leftist trash could now spew their bile for everyone to see instead of it being stored in their containment universities.

Mobas,excessive dlc's, and soyboys/numales didn't help.

>400279581
>"look mom I'm shitposting like the cool kids XD"

western gaming isn't shit op, just the western hemisphere, canada and the us haven't made a good game in over a decade

redditor spotted

i came here from ytmnd, and was here when we raided habo hotel for the first time. about mid 2007. you and your kind got here way after that.

Why don't righties just make their own games? You sound like women whining about lack of representation.

I came here in 2007 for the first time too, that was definitely a big wave of cancer. But I didn't post for the first time until like 2012.

this

Yeah, you're a real progressive person, alright.

was lurking for 5 years really worth it?

I didn't do it out of respect. I just didn't feel like engaging. I regret posting for the first time because now I do it out of habit. Sup Forums used to be really good for gaming news and info, but I've never really been a memer or cared about the board culture.

Looks pretty progressive to me.
After all if you really want to be progressive you have to stop giving a fuck instead of giving special privileges to people previously deemed as inferior.

This is a lie newfags make up