*grows stronger*

*grows stronger*

>Fortnite is on PS4, Xbox, and PC
>PUBG is twice bigger on PC alone

>Fornite BR is free
>Runs better on toasters
>Has console players
>PUBG on PC alone still has more players playing at any given time despite the $30 fee

>20 million F2Pers, most of whom played 1 game max
versus
>Over 20 million people who bought a copy of PUBG at ~$35 a pop

The only argument for PUBG is playerbase, and fortnite is catching up.

Didn't the guy behind PUBG threaten to sue any game imitating / plagiarizing his game?

I just feel bad for people who paid for Fortnite early access, since the shit the devs are focusing on the past few months is primarily the F2P side of it they did in reaction to PUBG.

Players, not concurrent users.
I tried out Fortnite for like 2 hours, and never touched it again, but I still count towards that 20 million number despite thinking its shit and not even having it installed.

PUBG is pirced and in limited platforms, and is still bigger than fortnite, while Fortnite is multi-platform and free

nigga i hate PUBG, but stop being a sore loser and enjoy video games

No he cried that copycat games are bad and should be stopped but is unable to do anything.

Also his game is fucking chinese who live off plagarism

someone explain whats so special about this game. I watched a streamer who always bitches about graphics play this game and enjoy it, it looks like h1z1/pubg/dayz/arma 3 but with real shit graphics.

Playerbase is literally the only argument for pubg.

Rubberbanding aside, PUBG just feels better to me, where-as Fortnite is rather stiff and arcadey in handling, which isn't what I want in my fps.

Im pretty sure Pub is live on xbox now.

It would be seriously fucking hilarious if everyone just shifted from pubg to fortnite with absolutely no loyalty whatsoever.

and then China, irritated by Tencent buying PUBG access, started flooding into fortnite instead, and then next year's VGAs have to give Fortnite an award as all the executive fatcats shift their financial investments from pubg Corp to Fortnite / Epic

although aside from the battle royale rules, the games actually plays vastly different from each other

THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR, WHY DOES STEAM ALLOW GAMES TO STEAL PLAYERS FROM THEIR RIGHTFUL CREATORS, THEY ARE LITERALLY STEALING SALES FROM PUBG (WHO CREATED THE BATTLE ROYAL CONCEPT) AND IS GETTING PRAISED FOR IT.

Is fornite also 90% chinese players?

No more Russians, but you don't run into them often.

No, just pubg.

No, more Russians*

Lots of BRs.

The 50vs50 mode is pretty fun, shame it's not permanent

Fortnite needs bigger maps. Being on this cramped island you will be lucky to live 5 minutes without some faggot gunning you down.

>lucky to live 5 minutes
you are shit

It can't have larger without further stress to the server due to the building system.

There are too many moments where you're just running for several minutes with nothing happening, I don't think they should add larger maps unless they also add vehicles.

the problem is more of how common guns are. There are 40 sniper rifles on the map and they can all one shot you and half the game ends up with landing and immediately getting shot because there was a gun randomly on a fucking rooftop that the guy picked up before you.

Fornite just needs to add Tribes' jetpacks and skiing system, and we're gold.

Firstly, get good at the game. Secondly, they are adding changes to the map including new locations. I wouldnt be surprised if they made new maps in the future.

>be 10 vs like 30
>get shot at from every direction
>mfw

If any vehicle is added it should be a bicycle or skateboard. Cars would kill the style of the game.

>I insist it's skill-based! I must believe it!

that shit would be amazing grinding on roofs and shit

>small map means getting landing and getting ganked by someone lucky enough to find a gun is more prevalent
>no cars so you cant avoid running sim
>no aimdown sight, weapon modding, leaning, proning making range battles more in depth

No im not saying that the game is hard. It's just that you have to be really fucking bad to live less then 5 minutes, the only reason you don't live for 5 minutes would be not finding a gun.

It is hampered by having the ability not to communicate with more than 4 people. the mode should have a push-to-talk option for all 50 people and at least a 5 minute grace period so tat both sides can build their capitals

I mean it runs better in general, not just on toasters.
But both are still garbage games liked by garbage people.

Just like Overwatch huh?
PUBG has 2 million concurrent players every day

And Fortnite or Overwatch devs boast about how they managed to surpass milestone after milestone, while not giving us the real numbers.

>no aimdown sight, weapon modding, leaning, proning making range battles more in depth

>any of these
>depth
kek

>lucky to live 5 minutes without some faggot gunning you down
I can commonly get into at least the top 30 by a combination of not jumping into the first city I see and not being retarded. Luck is gonna play into it because that's the nature of the game, but if you regularly die before at least half of the other players do you might just be shit at the game.
>no aimdown sight
Why is this such a sticking point for people? I've even heard people say they can't stand Counterstrike because you can't use the sights for most guns. Am I just supposed to blame CoD?

It is. It's also horrible.

>pubg Is $30 and was only made available on a 2nd platform only recently
>Fortnite is a free rip off on all consoles that people only play because they can't play pubg for whatever reason
Lel

I fucking hate how they do that. It’s all just marketing bullshit to make the game appear insanely popular, meanwhile it means absolutely fucking nothing. Over watch does it all the fucking time. I want real numbers.

Just pray there is never a Chinese release or they get there own servers.

Tencent owns Epic Games so a Chinese release is likely

That wasn't even true back then. Also

>specifically wording the article as some triumphant thing when the comparison is flawed

Wonder how much Epic paid for that article.

Half of them are chinese
so no one really cares

The chinese dont have access to xbox or playstation :)

I fucking love Fortnite, most fun I've had with a game in ages. The building mechanic really adds a lot of dynamic to the fights. Also the devs seem to be genuinely interested in making the game better, they constantly put out great updates.

fortnite has servers in asia so they all just go there for the lower ping

I AM GOING TO SUE THEM SO HARD
PAPA XI HELP!

>people only play because they can't play pubg for whatever reason
Nah. It's fun.

>All these numbers for PUBG and Fortnite
>Know one person between both on and offline that plays Fortnite, no one that plays PUBG
>Not even an "Tried it, didn't like it", everyone I know refuses to even touch it
>Never see any conversation or dialogue about either game beyond these "LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY IT" threads

Who the fuck is playing it?

Has the 50v50 stuff started? I might give it a try.

you wouldn't believe me if i told you but 90% of the pubg players are chinese

fortnite as well because they're a) free and b) battle royale

It started about a week ago, pretty fun

It actually really sucks. Just a giant clusterfuck.

What do your friends play?

If it's not

PUBG, league, dota, cs:go, minecraft, latest ea shooter for pc

and

fortnite, cod, fifa, gta, minecraft,, latest aa shooter for ps4/xbone

I have a very hard time believing you.

I'm happy the Despacito of videogames is starting to feel the pressure but isn't fortnite even worse? It started out as survival with crafting elements #99999999, and now its a pubg knockoff, and its free to play so microtransactions out the ass.

We don't have real numbers from unreal, so we can't say for sure
But I don't think so, seems like pubg is really popular in china and there is no reason to play an unpopular game since you already bought pubg / pc enough for it.
At least pubg has steamspy data

Its a streambait game, streamers play it, and their chat plays it for the slim chance of meeting their streamer in game.

I think they're both ppular in china, but the basic rundwon which is immediately obvious if you step outside for 1 nanosecond is:

PUBG is the most popular game on pc in the west. Excluding easy to run free games the difference is absolutely ridiculous.

fortnite is somewhere in the top 3 most popular games on console in the west, likely being the most popular. A lot of xbox owners are switching/planning to switch to pubg

>chinese crate farmers

not true, they've made big improvements recently and the christmas event is great.

Is fortnite fun? Fuck blue hole and ms

Not him but FFXIV, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Project M and Granblue Fantasy

>have checked it out
So how many people actively play the game?

Don't worry, they'll eventually be 'done' with it, and just milk it for cosmetics while not really adding anything more to the game.

Chinks don't give a shit about Fortnite.

Why don't we address the pink elephant in the room?

>25 million sales on PC
>at 30 bucks, never went on sale according to isthereanydeal
>a platform that has been widely regarded as "dying" and how games don't ever sell as well as consoles
>unlike most exclusives, this game is extremely demanding and not anyone can play it
>a fucking PC game outsold practically every single console exclusive
>a fucking PC game sold more than nearly all console exclusives COMBINED

Just what the fuck happened?

>>at 30 bucks, never went on sale according to isthereanydeal
GMG has discounts for it frequently. Got my copy for $22.

>>a fucking PC game outsold practically every single console exclusive
This actually happens almost every year, people just don't shitpost about it.

A lot of the popular ones do eventually get ported to console though (ark, minecraft)

you're forgetting that the fortnight gunplay is fucking horrendous

PUBG doesn't even run back now as evidenced by the test server. fortnite is exclusively for consolefats

That's what this entire thread is about you fucking idiot

and epic is owned by the Chinese so, chanks chanking chanks

Yeah, like PUBG itself. But PUBG has done on a much larger scale than any other PC hit before it, and in a much shorter timeframe. It still makes me wonder just what makes PC games explode while the most popular console games are just flowing with the tide. I'm guessing it's because console publishers can't match the "PC explosion" with their PC sales why "PC is dead" has been a thing for so long.

Same. All my friends avoided it because they hate early access games.

atleast FN has original art. You could literally recreate PUBG in UE4 using the exact same assets from the store and there isn't a damn thing they could do about it.

Easier for streamers to stream on PC than console.

PC is the easiest to develop for, which means it has far, far more games. Admittedly most of these are shit, however due to having far more games, there's a much greater chance one will be a hidden gem which becomes popular due to being unique.

e.g. minecraft, ark, rust, pubg

The pc dying meme was actually true before steam, but it's clearly been growing relative to the other platforms foir at least the past 3 years and probably much longer

I think the whole "PC is dead" meme came about by the late 90s and early 2000s, when a startling number of western developed multiplatform games didn't get PC versions. Then again, why bother with such a niche market when the PS2 sold fucking gangbusters?

???
consoles have streaming built into them
you literally push a button

if you want a shit stream sure

This genre of games is so fucking boring, why do normalfags like it so much

>Fortnite
>Free
>Functional
>Filled with 12 year old hackers

>PUBG
>$30
>Sometimes functional
>Filled with Chinese hackers

This and MOBAs are the face of gaming right now.

Just kill me.

>this is a daily 'gaming news' article

console streams are vastly superior because 90% of the time it is just the game being streamed, whereas on PC 90% of the time it's 2/5ths of the game being obstructed by some dumb faggots face and various pieces of clipart, banners, and text scrollers.

I just uninstalled fortnite after playing it only once because I couldn't create my own character and it made me play as a sheboon

Since I play neither of these games, or anything like them, I've got even less of a stake in this than the players do.

But Greene is such a bitch I have to smile to see this news. I hope he wastes all his money on a fruitless lawsuit, but I wonder where he'd find a lawyer dumb enough to go along with him

>high competition, new subgenres and new ideas, the days of cod vs battlefield are in the past and people are now sick of AAA shooters
why is Sup Forums not celebrating?

>Project M
Thats just embarrassing

Te aim assist in this game is horrendous.

Why? We think it's the most fun Smash game.

They have crap bitrates, resolution (on non PS4 Pro/X1X models), and none of the overlays/twitch integration they want.

As someone that plays both, Fortnight is more fun as an arcady quick game and PUBg is more fun as a serious tactical experience. Depending on the mood I'm in I'll enjoy both.

Have y'all tried not being so black and white about everything?