Sit through 10 minutes of terribly acted dialogue

>sit through 10 minutes of terribly acted dialogue
>finally get to shoot some bad guys
>expend 20 rounds killing 2 street thugs
>loot bodies
>they inexplicably only have 2 bullets apiece on them
>Inventory is so small you have to make choice between either having ammo or a gun
>fall off ladder
>die dramatically after falling approximately 4 feet
>loading screen for 10 minutes
>autosave takes you back to dialogue scene where you have to make contributions to conversation every 4 minutes or so or else it wont skip
>successfully climb ladder this time
>go to do some leet haxxor stuff on a computer
>literally zero rules or logic for hacking computer will either lock you out or let you in its a flip of the coin
>get locked out of security terminal
>have to charge face first into turret
>die
>loading screen for ten minutes
>back to dialogue

Why is this game so relentlessly fucking trash?

git

gud

Forgot to add

>spend hours and hours of gameplay perfecting tactics and upgrading gay little augmentations
>game just turns into resident evil at the end anyway

Definitely not an acceptable response

>Why is this game so relentlessly fucking trash?
I liked it but it definitely has flaws. People shit on it for the poor boss battles, and I will not leave that criticism out. Those boss battles are truly cancer. However, I enjoyed the world exploration and relatively simple weapon upgrades. too often in vidya weapons take like 5 different bullshit things to upgrade but in deus ex it was just a box you found, which I liked.

The games highlight IMO was heng-sha, detroit was too depressing and the later garden place werent open. also the last level was obviously shit as well.

7/10, which is a good score. I didnt play mankind divided and wont because im sure its shit considering it killed the series.

>Imagine being this bad at videogames
Holy shit, if you have trouble playing that game because of difficulty can you even complete any other game in existence?

>Assumes the hacking mechanic is a diceroll because he cannot figure out how to do it.

Come on son.

You should play with the developer commentary on its the saddest shit ever. Every single blurb you find is just them going "Yeah so this place was supposed to be like 5x bigger and had way more enemies but we had to cut it due to budget and time constraints." Or areas that were meant solely for testing AI were just kept in the game and were used as full fledged levels like when you have to sneak through that gang territory to hack the satellite dish.
That said i still think its good enough to be considered a deus ex game although it doesnt hold a candle to the first one.

Get good white boy

OP is either retarded and should be ignored or merely pretending in the hopes of creating a successful thread, so let's discuss what our own complaints with the game were.

>Open-world that encourages you to choose your own path and allows you to bypass fights.
>Assigns XP values to everything, encouraging the player to lick every wall and double stealth KO every enemy.

Actually, the rerelease fixed the boss battles by adding stealth/hacking solutions to all of them. For example, you can break a hole in a wall and turn turrets on Barret.

This is a reasonable complaint though.

>However, I enjoyed the world exploration and relatively simple weapon upgrades. too often in vidya weapons take like 5 different bullshit things to upgrade but in deus ex it was just a box you found, which I liked

I will give you that, It was quite nice to whack a silencer and a laser sight on anything you wanted.

As for open world it wasnt really open world. It was like ODST tier open world. Sure you can wander around aimlessly for hours but you sure as shit arent gonna find anything interesting

>find locker room with 18 lockers in
>meticulously open every door and search them
>find 2 machine pistol rounds

Just waste my time

you really sound like you're having a hard time playing video games, are you sure you don't want to just watch a movie? one that's not too complicated either?

Why are your fingertips white?
Does that happen if you don't steal for a week?

>somebody complains that a game is boring and repetitive
>OH GOD YOU MUST BE SHIT AT IT

Mate deus ex isnt a challenge its just really fucking badly put together

>expend 20 rounds killing 2 street thugs
the pistol can 1shot almost every enemy in the game and only gets more overpowered after you upgrade it, takedowns too.

They made a difficulty level just for people like you, OP.

>not headshooting
>no silent takedowns
>what are autohackers
>no gas grenades
>no emp grenades
>bohoo so hard games shit
Jesus christ fucking kill yourself

>what are autohackers
imagine being bad enough to actually need those

Putting aside the clunky gameplay lets examine the bag of smashed crabs that is the general narrative of human revolution:

>the year is 2038 and earth is inexplicably about 200 years ahead technology wise
>everyone has gay little robot arms and legs and shit even though there literally cannot be that many amputees in existence requiring such upgrades
>youre a plain old boring human
>your babe ex wifey is a geneticist working on a way to make people even more faggy and robotic when she gets kidnapped by some faggy robot men the irony is delicious
>you get thrown through a plate glass window which somehow rips open your stomach and somehow for no reason at all wrecks your shitty human body so badly that your boss replaces virtually every bit of you with weeb tier robotics (you still cant fall more than 3 feet though not yet)
>you get to spend about 4 hours of game time stumbling around aimlessly in an open world that isnt an open world talking to homeless niggers and retarded helicopter pilots and crying over your kidnapped ex gf
>robofags and pure humans dont really get along for absolutely no explained reason and humanity is on the brink of a civil war
>but guess what.... motherfucking illumanati is behind it all so you gotta stop your crying and go on an increasingly pointless series of fetch quests to try and stop humanity from killing each other
>oh and theres zombies

Now you will say
>but original dudesex wasnt stupid at all

Didn't Chad fuck you up as well as throw you through the window?

>there literally cannot be that many amputees in existence requiring such upgrades
You're an idiot

And if any part of your response is "but you expect me to believe people would willingly have their limbs amputated on purpose", you're flat out fucking retarded

(You)

>Actually, the rerelease fixed the boss battles by adding stealth/hacking solutions to all of them. For example, you can break a hole in a wall and turn turrets on Barret.
Im not gonna pay for the rerelease of a broken game. Square enix should have been bombed for jewing us that hard.
>As for open world it wasnt really open world. It was like ODST tier open world.
Well said, it was rather empty yeah.
the hardest difficulty is a joke. the boss battles are just as hard on the highest setting as they are on easy. they just rely on the stun gun. also, as long as you hide behind cover enough you will always regen health.
the game encourages you to hoard items and never use them IMO, kind of sucks.

>the game encourages you to hoard items and never use them
MY KINDA GAME

Its more a comment on the imbalance.

Deus ex doesnt reward you for your time spent. Youre able to loot bodies but theres never anything good on them. Ammo is always short, if you get into a major firefight you can bet that when youre done theres not gonna be enough ammo on those dead bodies to counteract what you just expended.

Same goes for exploring. You can waste your time wandering around a cityscape and come away with an extra 15 credits and 3 rounds of revolver ammo for your trouble.

I have a copy of Mankind Divided I picked up at last year's Black Friday sales still in the plastic sitting next to my Xbone.

>powerful organizations force backdoor into software so they can more easily control people
>other groups find this backdoor and use it to create chaos
The zombies and the Illuminati killswitch were the best part of the HR story. This exact fucking thing happened not too long ago in real life.

But do you really expect me to believe people would willingly have their limbs amputated on purpose?

So you bitch about enemies taking 20 bodyshots because you cant aim, hoard items and not using them? Are you stupid? Do you just grab the beers around the world and let them sit in your inventory? You never crafted mines?
If you need more than a box of ammo unless its the assault rifle or tranq gun then you just suck ass

It's more a comment on how you can't aim

If you're not a talentless hack who can't put bullets reliably into heads then you're going to have a hard time. People who don't suck will have plenty of ammo left over.

He punched Adam once, but would that really tear up his stomach like that? Sure, the guy's augmented, but Adam's way too fucked up to be entirely from a punch.

You can get a lot of good shit if you actually look, there's a sniper rifle hidden on a roof in the first hub.

Congratulations, you are the cancer killing video games.

He shoves you trought a wall in which at the other side was a big computer screen which was completely made up from glass, also you are in a lab where they test shit loke the typhoon so I wouldnt be surprised about those glasses being thick as fuck

It was a reinforced glass , one of the comments in the cutscene showing Adam being augmented is "how thick was that glass?"

I think it's meant to be really obvious it wasn't the sort of window you could just stumble into and break

>The only reasonable explanantion for not liking a video game is that youre really bad at it.

Yeah thats a valid argument lads

Adam can bust a human-size hole in a concrete wall with his augmented punch.

you know you can buy ammo right? looting is unreliable because the game doesn't want you to murder everyone for loot. the game would be super easy if every bad guy you knocked out or wasted dropped as much ammo as they seem to have. I found that, if I wanted to, I could knock out a bunch of NPCs with guns, loot them, sell their guns for easy money, and then buy ammo. that alone is a cheesy thing you can do to gather an absurd amount of items, but by the end of it you'll have a city full of people who've been murdered and left in the streets or KO'd and it will look stupid.

>loading screen for ten minutes
What? The loading screens are like 10 secs on a standard 7200rpm HDD

>can't aim so he wastes ammo
>can't figure out the hacking minigame so he gets locked out
>can't manage his inventory
>walks into a turret because he's too stupid to figure out an alternate way
He really is bad at the game.

I like the one where it made you play Touhou.

>list problems with videogame
>most problems listed don't exist for people who are good at the videogame
Yes, it's a perfectly valid argument you shitter

No, you can be bad at the game and still play it tye way the game encourages you to play, tranqs are a onehit takedown and you get more points from doing a nonlethal run, and if you want to do a lethal run then just aim to the fucking head for fucks sake

>most of the complains are about dying or not giving enough bullets for muh shootan

the funny thing is that you don't even need a gun to take down most encounters. you can literally run up to someone and trigger a takedown, or even throw stuff at them. I did an entire run where my only weapon was a crate I walked around with and used as cover and as a projectile.

>other groups find this backdoor
The Illuminati put the backdoor in the new TYM biochip so they could control augmented people and stop them ever rising up against them. They didn't know that one of their own members was going to use it to ruin augmentation for everyone.

>expend 20 rounds for 2 street thugs
How in the fuck? the pistol is a literal sniper than 1 hits anyone. How can you be this bad at aiming

>>expend 20 rounds killing 2 street thugs
how shit is your aim? it only takes 1 shot to the head

Anyone who plays a DX game without learning how to pick up boxes and crates and work evil with them, doesn't deserve their computer.

Evil or autismal.

You played this shitshow more than once? What the fuck is wrong with you

....Is that... windows xp?

>he only played it once
Lmaoing at u

If you're the OP then you aren't even able to play it a first time lol

This game is the shittiest pile of crap I've ever played in my entire life.

You can activate the classic skin up to Windows 7.

>They didn't know that one of their own members was going to use it to ruin augmentation for everyone.
The point is the same, they made a backdoor for their own purposes but someone else unexpectedly used it to shit all over everything.

They're not mutually exclusive.
Sometimes you just gotta get somewhere that looks interesting, and it doesn't even matter if nothing's there or how many niggers you gotta spike to do it.

Mad because bad lol.

Mate, straight up, if I could afford perfect robot limbs to replace my bags of meat I’d do it in a heart beat.

me has autism

>in a heart beat
more like in a heart BEEP lol

Nice

Honestly I just want my left eye replaced because god is a cunt and gave me a defective one

Side note

Do the people whove had their augs taken over still retain consciousness?

Seem to remember blasting them away but theyre screaming things like "no dont do it" and "sorry i cant control it" while theyre running at you

In the context of HR it's not a good idea.
>expensive
>only military grade augs are better than regular limbs
>have to take neuropozyne forever to avoid rejection which is also expensive and made exclusively by one company
>targeted by harvesters who want to cut you up and sell your bits
>unforseen problems like the illuminati back door thing

The only thing I really hated was that augs cost candy bar points. Deus ex could be cheesed to have you jump over fucking skyscrapers and hold your breath for 9999 seconds but apparently seeing through walls and jumping kind of high is TOO OP.

They dont go fully berserk, ingame its explained they get horrible hallucinations so in a way they are looking at everything happen

Big businesses started offering augmentation/employment deals for blue collar workers, a lot of people in the game have their augments because they signed up for a company that was practically giving them away. Panchea, in particular, was built by an entirely augmented workforce.

Augmentations specifically for work were better than the human body, so non-augmented workers were being pushed out of the market. Like the chick who wants to be a broker but all her competitors have CASIE augs she is physically incapable of competing against.

The casey aug for persuading people would be super useful though. Not in the game so much but thinking of how useful it would be in reality. If any of them would be worth it then it would he that one. It'd cost a lot but you could just go persuade your boss to give you a raise and sugar talk people to give you discounts and shit, plus many other uses. It'd pay for itself.

>Like the chick who wants to be a broker but all her competitors have CASIE augs she is physically incapable of competing against.
You can ask her why she actually needs the aug to compete and she doesn't answer you. There are very few cases where augs seem better than human bodies. Some of the workers in Panchaea for example have welding torches instead of hands, how is that practical at all? A regular human would be objectively better due to being able to switch between multiple tools quickly without having to take their entire hand off.

The casey aug still relies a lot on your own ability to recognize social cues and read facial expressions.

>accident hapens to aug worker
>"ah well I'll replace the hand"
>accident on regular worker
>"THE PAIN, SOMEBODY STOP THE PAIN"

>You have to stop the broadcast, I think it's causing the new biochips to overstimulate the vagus nerve - causing horrifying hallucinations
They're freaking the fuck out but they're still awake

>"ah well I'll replace the hand"
Assuming the accident doesn't rip your entire arm off of your torso which augs or not will probably kill you.

>Enter Modern video game on console
>Company logos, credits
>Have to sit through 20min of unskippable inteo cutscene dialogue with overpaid VAs who think they are actors
>Must spend 1 hour on tutorial intro level where my hand is held so hard my fingers nearly break
>Wait 5min loading
>Finally get to pla- no have to wait for opening credits to roll
>More VA garbage and cutscene
Modern games are trash

>actually failing HR hacking
holy ahit how ban can you be at video games

>she doesn't answer you
She's a broker, she relies entirely on convincing people that she's capable of handling their money. It's significantly easier to do that with an augmentation that lets you manipulate people than it is without.

Might as well ask why Blue Collar Bill doesn't get robot arms when robot armed workers are getting all the good jobs. Sure, it's possible to still do the job without but the economic competition is going to bury you because they're objectively better at what they do.

holy shit how bad can I be at typing

Wanna know how i know youve never worked a day in your life?

>It's significantly easier to do that with an augmentation that lets you manipulate people than it is without.
For the manipulation augmentation to be effective you have to be good at manipulation in the first place which makes it really unnecessary.

meanwhile in original DE
>terrorists successfully sneak in and capture the anti terrorist organization headquarters
>send one man rookie to deal with that shit

That's not entirely true. A person with a CASIE aug is still vastly superior to someone without it because they're being fed a constant stream of information about their target's body language and facial expressions, including the ones a normal person would miss, while also providing the ability to secrete "bio-engineered pheromones" that influence behaviour.

The fact that some tiny Asian chick has been able to tell several angry Triad thugs to fuck off, and actually get them to fuck off without getting what they came for, speaks volumes about how effective it is. There's also a number of times when Adam can use it to get information out of people they would never otherwise share.

>

> the year is 2038
Immediately wrong right off the bat. And we’re supposed to take you seriously?

Information is useless unless you actually know what to do with it. Even with the pheromone thing you still need to know when to use it, you can't just walk up to someone spewing pheromones at them and screaming in their face to do stuff for you.

So, was the IP abandoned or are there plans for another sequel?

Currently on ice after the last game sold below publisher expectations.

Eidos was shocked to see people cared about Deus Ex after not buying MD, so they "clarified" that the series isn't cancelled, it's just on hiatus until after they get done making more popular games like the upcoming Marvel related shitshow

>I play deus ex for the call of duty part, let me skip the story
>I cant headshot
>Inventory management is too hard, pls give me black hole bag
>The minigame hacking with litteraly 3 mechanics is too hard
>I cant run in front of a gun turret and die

Consider me baited

>upcoming Marvel related shitshow
I did not even know this existed. Cover based TPS. This is going places.

Not OP, but to be fair for a series about having multiple solutions and multiple ways to play the COD part does have to meet a minimum standard of quality otherwise its just a hole in the design. The shooting in HR is notorious for being weak and it's also the part the RPG parts affect the least. Also the game implicitly labels all combat as the 'wrong' way with its exp system that gives you more points for not shooting when for a game about multiple solutions it shouldn't be picking sides over how you proceed. These are legitimate complaints.

With all that said it does sound like the OP has potato tier aim and struggles using a controller.