I-its happening right? i-it wasnt a wast of money, right?

i-its happening right? i-it wasnt a wast of money, right?

It a box that plays Atari 2600 games like the Nes and Snes classic is a box for thier respective console games.

Except it isn't manufactured or commissioned by the real Atari.

They making these Atari Flashbacks for years. Last edition has about 100 games. Kill yourself.

nuAtari already released a bunch of emulation boxes before NES classic was even a thing, and they already said the Ataribox will play modern games.

Some post the Jive Turkey Wojak. Very underrated meme.

If it was just an offbrand brand-name Steambox(or Amazonbox) as it were that's just meant to play the PC versions of multiplats with the convenience of a console, that'd be one thing. And with its retrochic design there's that novelty angle to it. The fact that the first controller they showed off was just a modernized version of the classic Atari joystick with single button is a bit concerning though. Let's face it, the old-ass Atari stuff is not gonna carry the same appeal as a NES/SNES Classic. Honestly, I'd at least wait until we see where it's trying to set itself before we write it off. I'm not really optimistic about its market performance though. If you want PC games, you're playing on PC. If you want the no-hassle, no frills gaming you're getting a PS4. And of course, whatever company is currently using the Atari name really doesn't have the heritage or pedigree of Nintendo and its franchises.

At least we got some good natured and funny console-war wojaks out of it. It was a fun break from all the anal vore and quadruple ironic falseflag shitposting.

best thing to come out of this and atari can't even take credit for it

The "real" atari hasn't existed since the late 90s.

the indiegogo campaign was delayed

they haven't even shown the games for it and it's already disappointing

Rip Cheggers.

>Atari makes a console
>It is somehow successful
>EA gets the idea that they could also make their own console with their games as exclusives
>Sega sees everyone making consoles and decide to make one too
>Activision sees the mad money EA is making and produces a CoD machine
>Customers are overwhelmed and confused and stop buying consoles
>Video game market crashes again thanks to Atari and Activision

dis

No game for the Atari is worth spending money

It's just gonna be a Linux box with a steam big picture esque UI.
The form factor seems pretty cool but Linux gaming performance is kinda iffy, and it's a second rate platform in the PC market, which is already an already second-rate platform in terms of market share and how many fucks publishers give about patching games and whatnot.

Why would you ever want to replay Atari 2600 games? Most of them were terrible and I'm sure you can emulate them just fine on your pc

Was going to check if Ghostbusters the video game was by them but it was removed from the Steam store for the "Ghostbusters" game.

>cheggers
Too fucking soon