How's the Sea of Thieves game session going?

I'm for the weekend and I had access to Sea of thieves play session and I wanna know how it'l be when I come back monday. Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WB9hJNfMa5M
store.steampowered.com/app/247350/Artemis_Spaceship_Bridge_Simulator/
youtube.com/watch?v=LnbLwyRKYq4
youtube.com/watch?v=gkjzgSbgnuA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Dream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm not in the current alpha but it's "ALT"

its garbage, played for 3 hours, all we did was sail and dig up treasure to hand in, seems very lacking in content.

pretty much this

how much content has been added to the game since gamescom

Quite the opposite for me. It's pretty good. The voyage stuff (like the basic quests in the game) is good but the most fun I've had so far was chasing another boat for half an hour to plunder them

youtube.com/watch?v=WB9hJNfMa5M
The alpha doesn't have everything.

Thanks.

I've had fun with it so far. I hope they expand the map and maybe add a bit more persistence. Right now it just feels like the game is made to jump in, get a random crew, then do one voyage and quit until another time. Doesn't feel like the game is meant to be played for a while.

rare should have stayed dead

Is there no spyglass in the game yet? How do I get one?

There is but i don't know if it's in the Alpha.
The alpha is mostly to test the server. They showed it here & webm related.

>go to outpost
>see ship docked there
>go ashore and find a guy running to sell a skull
>stab him in the back and take his skull
Thanks for doing the work bitch

Is it a copy of this?store.steampowered.com/app/247350/Artemis_Spaceship_Bridge_Simulator/

youtube.com/watch?v=LnbLwyRKYq4

No this is Project Dream the cancelled game of Rare for Nintendo 64 but rethought youtube.com/watch?v=gkjzgSbgnuA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Dream

how well does the game run?

Pretty well I guess. I don't know if the framerate is capped or not but my game runs pretty smoothly besides occasional freezing since it is an alpha

On console or pc? The game can even run on toaster so this should be the last thing to worry about.

It's really fantastic and I'm looking forward to the full release. Definitely more fun with a crew, but sailing a sloop around is super comfy. Also if you haven't boarded another ship by firing yourself from a cannon I don't even know what you're doing with your life.

that's impressive if the game runs well on a toaster. the water tech looks amazing and i just assumed given the trend of microsoft games on pc being poorly optimised that this might be a similar case.

Really hope there's a ton of shit like this in it and it's not just repeating the same 5 things like in Destiny 2, I'm slightly hopeful/hyped cause seas that aren't flat and rocking ships look fun as fuck.
Waiting for pc though, fuck paying extra for multiplayer.

You don't have to wait, it is coming out on PC at the same time

Oh, well that's a pleasant surprise.
I think this and Monster Hunter World are the only 2 games I'm moderately hyped for this year.
Well, and Dragon Quest XI if that gets an english release this year somehow.

See, this right here is why you need a crew.

are outposts a bit of a free for all? can you just shoot people and get away with it?

Yeah there is no limit on when you can fuck people up, but outposts are that dangerous because there are only like 20 something people per server so you don't run into people that often

>mfw one man sailing a ship to islands while drinking grog and looking for treasure
>mfw it all comes so naturally
I'm sure it's more fun with others but like the sailing mechanics.

I usually hate open pvp, but that doesn't sound that bad.
Playing Ark games like Black Desert killed all my interest in large server shit with pvp. Chinese or NEETs always manage to fuck up anything fun.

I've done both 4 man crews and single sailing. I have yet to come across other ships/people while on a 4 man crew. The positive side to a 4 man crew is it is easy to make gold/gold fraction rep.

Solo play I've come across a few people. My first voyage a 2 man crew attacked me while I was treasure hunting. I got the treasure back then camped the fuck out of the 2 man crew. Ran their boat into the island as well. Sadly that's a waste as it bounces back off the island.

>Killed a guy and stole his two treasure chests
This is pretty fun.

>Drinking several mugs of Grog
>you just just stumble all over the place while repeatedly puking

Sweet i could run this on my laptop

>check Pirate Chat while hammered as fuck on grog
>one of the options is ;kjfljabsckljbdsakljfbdsa;kfabdsf

You can also puke in really heavy seas. It leaves puddles on the deck, and cover other player's screens with this massive green blop

What if puking is a viable strategy when sword fighting other players?

>Friends and I have been searching for pirate game
>Come across Sea of Thieves
>Holy fuck this looks amazing
>"Only available on Microsoft Store"

Shame, looks like a lot of fun.

Puking only seems to happen when the player isn't in control, so I don't know viable it could be.

>Windows store
>Not on Steam

The game would have so many more players and so much more support if it were on Steam.

that's too bad. enjoy your weebshit, sonneighger.

Well it's a Rare game and Microsoft wants it's exclusives.

I got motion sickness from the alpha. :/

You just broke the NDA

How do you get in I got a Xbox one x?

Apply on their website.

Havent been able to find any other players

You can't. You needed to be an insider to either xbox or windows 10 before the 1st december.

I have the alpha access but I keep getting an error when opening the Xbox Insider Hub...

Really hope I could download this from somewhere else than the Windows store

havent had issues with frame rate but the game takes forever to load

They're doing an open beta early next year.

WE

Have to be on the latest version of windows 10, the anniversary update that just came out. Also helps to be signed into your microsoft account within Windows

Oh nice, got an invite.

>given the trend of microsoft games on pc being poorly optimised
isn't gears 4 one of the best pc ports of this gen though?

i wouldn't know. i just heard quantum break and forza horizon had all sorts of technical issues

I got an email saying "Your Alpha Session is now live!" but it doesn't give me any instructions on how to actually install it and whatnot. The fuck?

so.. no one is bothered that windows 10 is mandatory?... or am i missing something here

Download the Xbox Insider Hub first

legit haven't cared about stuff not being on steam since 2012 i think.

I guess people are used to Microsoft games being Win10 only

I play on Xbox One and my PC runs on Win10.

Yes, they want seamless crossplay and xbox play anywhere, plus achievements.

>Not on steam
>Requires windows 10

???? What?

>Finally purchased the Blunderbuss
Time to grief

literal shill thread.

game is okay to mediocre but like any game with friends has its high points.

the high points are from being with friends, not from the game. very repetitive, no, this won't be fixed for release.

look carefully at the replies in the thread. to whoever rare/microsoft is paying to shill this, you're pathetic.

Literally every positive thread on Sup Forums is a shill thread, my dude.
You need to be paying more attention.

Isnt this only available for Windows 10?
I already put myself through that tripe once for a game and it wasnt worth it.

What game was it?
Killer Instinct for me

yup, only wind 10

they need to do something about brig voting.
It's out of control

Kill yourself.

>4 years
>still barebones and repetitive
>game come south in March

>no new IPs

really made me think, Pajeet.

Can you still get into the alpha if you pre-order?

Believe it or not people play on different platforms than you, child.

I've played the game, if you werent some third world Indian slave your English comprehension would have been good enough to understand that. It's very very mediocre and shallow. Fun with friends, but not for very long.

More fun to look at the fucking hideous Nigger character generation and run around holding Bananas than anything else.

Play what? Super Lucky's Tail? Forza 25? or is Unfinished Pirate simulator the best you have on your dewritos box?

I installed windows 10 just to play this. I hope they expand it enough for it to be good.

You have to have windows updates turned on. I have to go back into services.msc every fucking time a new alpha comes out because I turn off updates otherwise

>GFWL- I mean XBox totally isn't as shitty this time around guys, honest!

Microsoft is fucking horrible.

Will someone answer this before the console wars start?

I'm pretty sure no, pre-ordering only lets you into the beta for sure. It probably makes you more likely to get picked when they pick who is in the alpha though.

are you seriously going to preorder a mediocre game you've never played just to try out an alpha? you're a fucking idiot.

I think preordering and signing up for the alpha are two different things senpai. I'm pretty sure there's going to be another beta before march so maybe they'll let pre orders play early too

I played it a few alphas ago and it was honestly the most fun I've had in a while. But now that a new alpha is here I suddenly find talking to people fucking exhausting. I have some weird mental block now keeping me from wanting to play the game

>*checks promotional information given by employer*
>I uh.. Yeah I think they're separate, but make sure you pre-order for the beta! I think!! Hehe.

He asked a question and I answered it you retard. What do you want me to say

thank you.

My problem is that there are only like 4 songs. They need a ton more songs.

disclose that you're advertising a product and I'd accept it as a thread for talking about the game.

>I've played the game
Not him, but you obviously missed the part where it was just alpha testing the server without much turned on.
I'm just praying the shit they turn on isn't insanely samey Skyrim INFINITE quest style stuff.

having more songs just means i'll have to cycle through more shit songs to get to ride of the Valkyries

psh whatever you're not my real dad you can't tell me what to do

>been invited to THREE alphas
>don't have W10 installed

I'm sorry, I just can't.

>praying the shit they turn on isn't insanely samey Skyrim INFINITE quest style stuff

ask yourself what else it could/would possibly be.

There is a way to filter the things that upset you user. It's a lot easier than being angry about people playing an alpha on systems you don't approve of. Don't forget that you aren't forced to buy any of these things that upset you so much.

downloading now
someone tell me what to do

but i'm on said system, what, are you not allowed to deviate from the clients approved script/talking points?

It's pronounced deviantart, not deviate.
That's where Rare got jollyjack from, you know.

Sad. I win.

Played the alpha today, still barebone as fuck. sad.