Sup Forums is absolutely SEETHING at the fact that this game has better movement mechanics than anything out there

Sup Forums is absolutely SEETHING at the fact that this game has better movement mechanics than anything out there

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZV5UNS2y60
youtube.com/watch?v=kRT8VnZs5N0
youtube.com/watch?v=EBpScHbVxZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is rolling tied to waggling the joycons?

no, you press ZL+Y

I mean it has good movement but why couldn't they have binded some of the cappy motion controls to x/y or a/b? Instead those buttons do the same thing.

>velocity of the hat is the same both under water and in mid air

great game nintenbros

>magic hat isn't bound by the laws of physics

>has good movement
>you never actually use it for anything
>game is piss easy
>999 blue coins
Glad I could clear that up for you OP

They almost always are, it's just unlisted.

>momentum comes to a full stop when he tosses the hat
Would have looked so nice without that

There is nothing special there at all, all its doing is jumping to a projectile, everything else is the same as fucking mario 64

Better than the 3DLand games
Worse than 64/Sunshine

As long as it's still designed around the flat, fixed-acceleration style of the post-Galaxy games it's stuck relying on its (thankfully very good) level design instead of it being intrinsically fun to just run around and control like in 64/Sunshine.

Sunshine was more fun to play. Mario's movement in Odyssey feel janky

Oh yeah, remember when you could roll in 64
remember when jumping immediately after a ground pound increased the jump's height

>worse than sunshine

no

>remember when jumping immediately after a ground pound increased the jump's height
Odyssey didn't invent this

So easy to identify the kids who weren't born before 2002

>worse than sunshine

it's so easy to identify the people not worth talking to
if only there was some way i could remove you

>people still think Odyssey is worse than 64 and Sunshine

The worst case of nostalgiafaggotry.

Hell, even the galaxy games are better than sunshine

Has there ever been a Mario game with bad movement? It's like the core of his gameplay so if it's not on point then everything else gets shot to shit

wrong

The New Super Mario Bros games are honestly pretty bad by Mario standards.

I think 2D mario controls like trash and only really care for his 3D titles.

>if only there was some way i could remove you
Spoken like a true autismo
I'm sorry I've upset your Nintendo hugbox, I'll go now

Please don't let 15 be the bar now. The internet should have a 25+ section...

They are. For example to throw cappy down, you need to jump, groundpound and then throw. Turns out, nothing in the game requires motion controls.

Literally the only people who think Sunshine controlled badly were the people who, since the game was so easy and never required it, never bothered getting past using the slow, boring FLUDD hover to complete everything.
It's no coincidence that people bitch ceaselessly about the bonus stages and the lava level that took away FLUDD.

Other than that Sunshine controlled identically to 64, and saying that 64 wasn't the best controlling 3D Mario game doesn't even register as an opinion.

Kill yourself

I am seething at the fact that i can't pull that move consistently. Jump,throw,plunge while holding the throw?

>Jump,throw,plunge while holding the throw?
Yes, that's how you do it

Seeing this never not makes me feel sorry for hit fans. So starved for content they need to copy it from other games.

That guy under the what scares the living shit out of me.

Thats once,but how do you do a chain?

sorry shill, I'm not buying a switch.
my PC lets me play Breath of Emptiness and a Cappy in Time all I want.

>throw cap
>dive
>throw cap
>dive
>throw cap
>dive
I would rather use fludd then this.

>bad jump correctors, no momentum, mid-jump turning, barely any sliding
>better movement mechanics than anything out there
maybe in the past 5 years, but then again the only 3d platformer really competing for that is hat in time, which suffers from the same issues

I'm just upset at the bad button combos because AB and XY do the same thing.

Sunshine was better.

Its like you dont even remember all the jank that sunshine had. Here's just a few off the top of my head.
>Glitchy water lily controls
>super overly touchy watermelons
>glitchy pachinko machine controls
>being able to fall below pianta village, and not die. The game just leaves you in the abyss.
>the rotating platforms in the fluud-less levels
Sunshine was fun, but its not the masterpiece Sup Forums seems insistant on making it out to be these days.

>he thinks AHIT has anything on this
OH NO NO NO

Oh, and how could i forgot, the worst offender of them all in sunshine, the fucking blue coins. Literally the entire reason i lost all motivation to get all 120 stars, and stopped at like 115. You get no indication of which ones you have or have not collected in any, way, shape, or form.

Need your hand held to 100% the game I see.

I thought you said everything else wad the same as 64?

Man, imagine being so fucking starved for games that you think this is some incredible innovation.

>defending shit game design.

This move is legitimately one of the worst parts of Odyssey.

It's obviously 'designed', as in it's an intentional move to discover rather than clever use of mechanics, because it has properties in place to limit doing it infinitely; but nothing in the fucking game actually ever requires you to use it.
Once you figure it out it takes 0 skill to do and it just lets you skip something like 1/3 of all platforming challenges in the game.

Fuck this move, it literally makes the game worse, like if the fucking long-jump had been so long and high that it invalidated the normal jump.

>Defending your bitch ass having to be babied harder than journalist mode in Odyssey

It's worse than Sunshine.

Think of it this way: 64, Sunshine, Galaxies all have stars that force you to explore levels in different ways. Each has its own "story" or whatever you want to call it, and many even change the level.

Odyssey has like 1-3 "stars" worth of content per kingdom (moons that have actual objectives and feel worthwhile to get). The overwhelming majority of the actual game is just mindlessly exploring every nook for stupid collectibles.

The game just isn't as satisfying and doesn't have the heart of previous titles, I'm super disappointed that it got 10s across the board. 8 at best, most overrated game since Skyrim

>defending having to look through every single level in the game to find 1/10th of a shine so you can unlock a fucking screenshot at the end of the game.
Sorry, I liked sunshine, but not enough to go through a wild goose chase through every single level to find that one blue coin i don't have.

>taking shortcuts to beat bare-bones ai that takes the worst route possible
>vs
>winning a race that the game actually says is impossible without a certain item, and doing it with precision and momentum
somebody post it so this retard gets what good movement looks like

So why are you so desperate to unlock that screenshot? It's the equivalent of having to get 999 moons in Odyssey.

What is this supposed to showcase? How much flashy nothing you can accomplish? I mean, I can ape out in plenty of games. Granted, it might not look as cool or as tightly controlled but hey. You weren't concerned with proving anything anyway.

Let me put it this way. I love Sunshine, but the blue coins objectively blow. Although Odyssey at least lets you keep track, the game basically became only about blue coin collecting. Moons are lame as shit.

Not so fast Nint0ddler
youtube.com/watch?v=JZV5UNS2y60

I'm not. that's why i quit at 115. But what i'm saying is sunshine has a lot of shitty design decisions. Which apparently you're agreeing with now.

Theres an online leaderboard. you dont race the ui you race other peoples times.

It has some shitty design choices, yeah. Like the plinko. Blue coins isn't one of them. They're not only optional, but they're also not baby tier to find. Games shouldn't be given shit for not holding your hand in optional content.

reddit wouldn't know good movement if it hit them in the face. neck yourselves specimens

A Hat in Time is better. You don’t even have to shake your arms like a retard when playing.

I keep trying to do this but constantly fuck up and go into a wall jump. This shit is impressive every time I see it.

Optional content is great. Challenge is great. But blue coins aren't challenging. They're a tedious and boring scavenger hunt which doesnt even give you the decency to let you know how many are in a level. I'm not asking for it to tell me exactly where they are. but at least let me know how many are in a level and how many I've gotten.

>Pioneer of the platforming genre has good movement
Wow what a shock

nah, im more upset with how nintendo refuses to release anything on PC and forces me to emulate it all

the way to "win" is to beat the ai. you dont get additional rewards for beating some jap who watched the same "how to get sub-25 seconds" video you did.
youtube.com/watch?v=kRT8VnZs5N0
youtube.com/watch?v=EBpScHbVxZc
take your pick of which one you think is more impressive, but either one beats your snorefest

But that's actually an example of good movement. OPs is just a retard sperging on the buttons. He's going nowhere and doing nothing. Yours is actually moving towards a purpose and is impressive.

>Oh no, Dr. Conner's class. I got so caught up in what I was doing, I forgot all about it!

Neither of these videos is impressive mechanically or presentation.
>Jump dive, jump dive, cannon
>Jump dive, slide

I haven't played either game and I can tell you that Mario looks better than your Hat kid stuff.
Most of it is just sliding and dash. There's little to speak of as far as technical skill involved (at least that's the way it looks).

Mario looks good because it looks technically impressive, and it actually uses the level geometry in ways that the average player wouldn't think of. The hat kid stuff uses things that the level specifically placed to go fast.

I think the level design speaks a lot about why Mario looks impressive in movement compared to A Hat in Time. I've got no doubt it's a good game, but Mario just looks better on a technical level. That's my opinion.

This was slept on, 10/10 comment

>youtube.com/watch?v=kRT8VnZs5N0
>just fucking clips through the doors after being fired out of the cannon

this

>having infinite air movement and no absolutely no challenge is good gameplay
>"s-s-s-s-seething!!1"

Thanks here. is the kind of shit I wanted to see. It's too bad this big fan has to resort to such weak ass shit as the Reddit boogie man to try to discredit people. I like good movement. I don't like spastic examples of weak garbage.

Except for a few extra movements with the captures and throwing Cappy up. I'm still holding out for a patch.

As fun as the movement in this game is, that was a horrible example of it. It only showed off one move over and over.