Is this game an unabashed masterpiece or are there glaring flaws?

Is this game an unabashed masterpiece or are there glaring flaws?

Consoles held it back. Even Obsidian themselves admitted it.

It's a masterpiece despite it's flaws

It's trash.
I blame __________

Bethesda and their shitty engine held it back.

It's both.

Both.

Most Overrated game by Sup Forums. Basically the morrowind of this generation's rpgs

This.
Worth playing once or twice but incredibly overrated.

It's a masterpiece but it has glaring flaws.
The worst offender is simply New Vegas itself - it's too bleak.
After that:
Caesar's legion should've been fleshed out more.
Then there should've been a little more heart-to-heart with the faction heads or representatives
and finally romance should've been in the game.

>Basically the morrowind of this generation's rpgs
This but in a good way.

Sup Forums only likes RPGs if they're text dumps with god-awful gameplay, so they love FNV.
It's still a good game.

Too many skill checks and dialogue options, not enough settlement building.

This. I'm really glad Bethesda stepped up and fixed the situation. Remember to buy Fallout 4 guys, it's the best Fallout yet!

Its good but it has some flaws. Mostly the legion. They did not have the time to finish them. They have few quests and very little content when compared to NCR.

>literally unplayable on consoles because of constant crashing
>vegas strip heavily neutered due to console constraints
>legion's storyline cut massively so caesar comes off as a cartoonishly evil villain until you have one specific conversation with him
>scenery is bland since it's 90% desert
>instead of forcing players into a meaningful ending choice, yes-man lets them cop out into a non-ending with extremely vague consequences
>dogshit companion ai
>unarmed skill is useless without also putting points into melee

no idea why Sup Forums praises it so much

Fallout 2 is 100x better

Too many quests that involve traveling from A to B, talking, and then coming back. Sometimes I feel like the devs wanted to make every quest as complex as Fly Me to the Moon, but had to rush shit because of time constraints

>Pick a different faction
>do the exact same quests for the exact same reasons.
>Terrible DLCs
Other than that it's pretty great and probably the last decent fallout game we are ever gonna get.

It's very good. Easily the best of the modern fallouts and one of the best RPG's of last gen

It's not the flawless masterpiece Sup Forums jerks off over though

>It's not the flawless masterpiece
Yes, it is.

Pretty good, only bad thing is that reddit kids praise it too much

This.

Because despite all those flaws which are valid btw. It's still a fucking great game. I couldn't even finish fo4 but I beat new vegas numerous times and never get tired of it.

>are there glaring flaws
it plays like garbage

Is a punching only build fun?

There are so many more important points that would have to be adressed than romance.

Hell yeah, but it starts out pretty tough until Primm.

Punching only is arguably the easiest, most boring way to play if you build optimally for it, unfortunately.

Theres plenty of flaws but is still a great game.

Worst flaw is that it was stuck on a retarded engine created by retards for retards