"i don't really like P5"

>"i don't really like P5"

"wtf ar u talking about!?! it only gets good after 73h of playtime"

"if you haven't played for at least 173817227 hours you can't really talk about the game"

"t-the game ins't bad just because it takes the time of a full-lenght game to get good!!"

But the first dungeon in P5 is the best so who would say any of that.

no one says this about P5

literally only the first dungeon is good, and everything completely falls apart once beep boop joins the party

It's the exact opposite with P5

From the start until the end of the first dungeon it is absolutely fantastic, by far the best out of the series, and after that it never even gets close to that again

If it kept up the quality from the beginning for the entire game it would have been one of the best JRPG's of all time

As it is it's just an alright game

Persona 5 is fantastic for all 100 hours. I would have played another 100 hours no question if it was longer.

I enjoyed P5 from the start, maybe the problem isn't the game, but your shitty taste.

P5 is easily the worst story and character wise between 3,4,5. It's what really matters in a long JRPG. If 3 got a remaster with the gameplay and visual flare of 5 it would be impossible to refute that it wouldn't be the best game in the series.

t.soyboys.

3 is fucking absolute trash in both story and gameplay.

Only people who think it is good are people who have nostalgia for it

It's arguably better in story and character than P3 and 4. You could make a case that 3 and 4 were better in those regards, but they're not significantly better, and definitely not objectively better.

T-take that back!

>but they're not significantly better, and definitely not objectively better.

ok

Whatever you say sweetie.

I have never heard anybody say that. I fell in love with the game immediately, literally from the moment I got to the main menu.

If it does click with you in the first hour or two, chances are you won't like it.

Incidentally, Persona 5 is also my game of the year.

>"I can't refute the statement, so i'll just use the newest meme."

P3 was literally monster of the month until more than halfway in. The story picked up really late into the game. Tartarus was extremely repetitive.

P4's story was always progressing, but it was consistently slow-paced and most of the time, it was slice of life. At least, the dungeons had different themes, but inside a dungeon, it was Tartarus all over again.

P5 is interesting story-wise from beginning to end, and all dungeons are different enough to not get repetitive.

for real

I've never seen anyone argue "it gets good AFTER Kamoshida's palace". The consensus seems to be that quality takes a dip later in the game

Every mainline Persona is good

I played the Persona series in 4 > 5 > 3. I personally feel 3 has the best story.

The concept of a being that brings forth a calamity based on desires seemed a lot more interesting than that of a god getting bored and giving 3 random strangers superpowers.

P5's story is kinda 50/50 with a select amount of people randomly attaining powers then it being a god that brings forth calamity based on desire but it felt like it didnt know what plot it really wanted to go with so it fell short on both parts.

Gameplay wise Ill give it to u that p3 has the worst.

t. Soyboy with no taste

P5 is a good game, but the only thing it does better than 3 & 4 is the artstyle and graphics.

>can't kick Ryuji
I should at least have the option of muting him

5>3>4>q>2>1

>fucking love p3 and p4
>took me months to beat kamoshida's palace because the game is boring me to tears and I can't stand playing it for more than 15 minutes
I don't know what went wrong. Maybe I just don't give a fuck about the characters or the game's message.

None of the other villains ever lived up to Kamoshida, it's a shame you beat him like 1/8th into the game.

t.soyboy numale in denial.

>P5 is interesting story-wise from beginning to end

im really trying to want to play persona 3 but i just cant
you get zero xp, the characters so far are boring, there's very little voice acting, the colors are dull and the theme in general is just boring. so yeah. fuck that game

P5 is more engaging throughout than 4 or 3. The only point that felt like a total slog in 5 was the part around Futaba's and Haru's dungeons. So much of 3 is a complete drag and the vanilla version of 4 starts to drag after Mitsuo, despite Adachi being entertaining, and it doesn't recover until the end, unless you're playing Golden and then it picks up in the extra months.

It's a shame because P3 is much better than P5 story wise.

Whatever you say, sweetie. Just remember to go to sleep when is past your bed time.

It's all subjective, of course, but at least the game gives you something to find interesting from beginning to end. There's always something new happening, new characters joining, new different palaces to explore. Even the optional events have more variety.

>"Dude, play Persona 5"
>'I don't want it'
>"Why not?"
>'I've already played Persona 1, 3, and 4. I know what to expect, and I'm not interested. The game is pretty much exactly like Persona 4."
>"IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT"
>'How so?'
>"The dungeons"
>'And?'
>"..."
>'It's pretty much the same shit. I don't want it'
>"BUT IT'S SOOO GOOD"
They just don't get it.

Yeah, instead of monster of the week you get Saturday cartoon villain of the month. Big difference.

Good game.
Incredibly overrated though.

Great argument champ.

Ignore them. If you played 3 and 4, you know exactly what to expect from P5.

Posting best robutt now.

>I've played all these 100+ hours games and I'm not interested in the series?
Brain damage?

Persona 5 dungeons and combat are way better than 3 and 4 because it goes to fighting personas instead of shadows.

Also just because you know the over arching story structure doesn't really spoil the experience for you. It's about the journey and how you get to the destination that matter.

I wouldn't say so. Its peaks are better, but its lows are worse, and a lot more of the game is its lowpoints than its highpoints. P3 really doesn't feel like it was designed with the calendar system in mind and it just falls flat as a result for me, where P5 feels like it was designed with the calendar system in mind, and manages to be consistently engaging because of it. I think if you just told the stories of P3 and P5 in a normal format,without the Calendar system the game has, then P3's would come off as better than it does in the game, and P5's would come off as worse. I haven't seen the P3 movies, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the story feels like it's told better in them than it is in the game, assuming the direction is competent.

autism

It is a big difference because that Saturday cartoon villain is not just some random monster out of nowhere but comes with a lot more background story and events. They're always strongly related to the new member and serve as a way of introducing the character.

The story is fine, but the pacing is so horrid that you stop caring about the story. Tartarus doesn't help. The characters/social links being insufferable don't help much, either.

Just tell them to shut up then, what's the issue? Just play what you want to play.

>Persona 5 dungeons and combat are way better
>and combat
Mechanically, it's the same shit. And I don't want to take a journey that's largely the same but longer.

I was just reflecting on how many times I had heard that. Some of the people who push the game on me disregard Persona 4, despite it being so similar. It's kind of funny, but a bit frustrating at the same time.

>just play what you want to play
That's exactly what I do. Just so happens that I'm not interested in most shit this gen, and people don't take that well.

"it's ok if I shit around for 300 hours in BotW or grind for 800h in MonHun but it's not ok to play P5 for 70+ hours" - t. Nintendicksucker

I didn't like a single game that Sup Forums hyped up this year and instead replayed my old favorites, like Gothic 2 or Okami.

Had a good time regardless.

But nintenbros don't have current monster hunter

I personally didn't like the game.
I loved the music, the style, the presentation, but the actual dungeons were pretty poor, it was far to easy, stealth was a garbage mechanic that ensured you basically got to start ever battle with first strike, I only really liked a handful of the characters, and leaving heists to send a letter completely fucks with flow of the game.

>it only gets good after 73h of playtime
Is the whole "pretend someone recommended a game and said it gets good after a long amount of playtime" thing a new meme for brainlets to talk shit about games they haven't played?
The early game is one of the best parts of Persona 5

Does the game ever stop holding your hand? I swear I played for like 4-5 hours and the tutorials and hand holding felt endless so I just dropped the game entirely

There's a lot to explain. If they didn't, you'd complain about the game having artificial difficulty.

I agree though that they should have added a way to skip the tutorials entirely for experienced players.

>artificial difficulty.
>in fucking Persona
I mean, Hard Mode is just inflated stats, which technically fits the definition, but still. What.

I'd rather have to figure things out than having the game make me feel like a retard, even SMTIV wasn't this bad.

Most people who have never played a Persona game get frustrated quickly because they never use any buff/debuff spells and never bother to create Persona for specific purposes. And that's after reading the tutorials. I even saw people on Youtube not guarding when the game literally tells you to guard before a powerful boss attack and saying the game is bullshit.

You underestimate how stupid people can be.

>I even saw people on Youtube not guarding when the game literally tells you to guard before a powerful boss attack and saying the game is bullshit.
Has it ever been as blatant as it was in persona 5? I swear every time it was happening your navigator was like "HEY GUARD SOMETHING BIG IS COMING GUYS!!"

I don't remember it being as obvious in P3 and P4.

P3 didn't even have a guard command.

Can we at least all agree that P3 has the strongest climax? Is there actually anyone who would argue against this?

What does Hard mode change from Normal gameplay wise?

P3 had the strongest climax, P4 had the best twist, P5 had the weakest ending.

The game is excellent, but it's way too long.

What twist?

After going back to it pretty recently, it just feels that way because the rest of the game is so much slower for 60 hours and while there's still down time after the Nyx part starts there's so much less of it that it feels like a lot is happening which gets you excited. P3 had the strongest last hour and a half of the three games, that's what I'm settling on for the time being.

P4 has one of the worst twists in fiction m8. It's also one of the least competent mysteries there is, where they killed any chances of Namatame working as a red herring by not actually having him appear in the fucking story at the start and only referring to him on TV, thus ruling him out as the killer right away and leaving us with pretty much no one else besides Adachi with a character design remotely appropriate. If they didn't take measures to make Dojima appear less suspicious visually, while the story and the plot developments are still awful, it would've been a much better mystery by default.

>watch friend play it
>can't get that fucking stupid battle music or the song that plays when driving around the cat bus out of my head

soundtrack was pure shit. mind numbingly bad.

Why can't I choose a proper name for the MC? I really don't know how to call it, But it's for NG+

I agree on P3, but I do think it has the strongest climax even ignoring the slog leading up to it and just viewing it as it is. I also think that, while the game was not intentionally made to be as boring as it is, it did make a special effort into building towards its ending, and so it's not necessarily a bad thing that the ending is, in part, only enjoyable as it is because of what preceded it.

Just go with that. Jesus Christ for the P3 MC, Senpai Sensei for P4 MC, and Joker Leader for P5 MC.

Who the fuck are you talking with? Is this autism? You are literally speaking with voices in your head at this point.

So basic JRPG shit.
This is why people like ARPGs so much.

You do less damage, enemies do more damage. Sup Forums can cry about difficulty like that all they want, but it does mean you need to play smarter and use more buffs.

when P5 hate threads stop sustaining themselves or get hijacked by other people that's exactly what haters have to start doing

I stopped giving a fuck by the time I got to the end because the entire way there was fucking ass. It had the best ending of the last 3 games, but the rest of the game ruins it for me.

>So basic JRPG shit.
In most JRPGs, there's no penalty for grinding, so people simply grind to the point they don't have to use any tactics and can just press X to win. In Persona, there's the SP problem (at least in the beginning) and you don't want to spend too many days in the dungeon, so people can't press X to win anymore.

>there's no penalty for grinding
>In Persona, there's the SP problem (at least in the beginning) and you don't want to spend too many days in the dungeon
That same concept applies to most JRPGs. Fighting constantly results in you using your available resources, and you'll have to take a break at some point.

Yeah, but most JRPGs allow you to replenish your resources, in this case MP/SP, allowing you grind forever if you wanted. Persona doesn't, at least until you get to a point where you have more SP recovery items.

FPBP

Google the game there's an official name for every MC.

>wtf ar u talking about!?! it only gets good after 73h of playtime"
I think that only applies to P3.

Most rpgs allow you to go to an Inn or something to heal. Persona doesn't allow you yo do that and keeps you on a time constraint at all time.

But in P5 as soon as you get the SP items the game turns to trivial bullshit.

That's why there's the hard mode. Even if you're overleveled, one bad encounter can fuck you up if you don't cover your weaknesses.

>Persona doesn't allow you yo do that and keeps you on a time constraint at all time.
P3 gave you a free full heal.

thats not true at all, the game steadily declines, except for when it spikes during futaba's dungeon

>Inn to heal
That requires you to leave the dungeon.
>Persona doesn't allow that
You heal upon leaving the dungeon. It's virtually the same thing. Grinding outside of a town in another game is similar as well.

>time constraint
It's pretty lenient, for the most part.

But it's good out of the gate

I think everyone's arguing on the assumption that you try to spend as little time in the dungeons as possible in Persona. If you say "fuck the confidant events", then, of course, Persona 5 is easy as fuck.

Basically yes, dungeons need to be done in 1-2 tries to maximize everything else the game offers. A dungeon is time, and time you do not have.

P3 had the fatigue system.

That becomes almost immediately irrelevant.

This. P3 is the most exploitable Persona game by far.
>free heals for grinding
>easily abusable knock down system
>broken as fuck fusion spells