Final Fantasy

I'm going to play each of these games.

I have two questions.

>1. Can you please Rank the games into tiers (Top tier, good tier, bad tier, garbage tier, etc)

>2. What are the definitive ways to play each game?

I know some of them have multiple releases and there are fan patches and all sorts of stuff out there. What is the definitive way to play each game?

ie. maybe the definitive experience for FFX might be the PC release, or it might be emulating the PS2 version if they royally fucked up the PC version somehow. Or maybe so-and-so version of FFIV has horrible translations and the best way to play it is emulating the original release, or vice versa? I just wanna know what to avoid.

Thanks. Also, Final Fantasy thread.

final fantasy is for women and fags exclusively, that's all you need to know

Is ff7 really that good?

Calm down junior

just google it faggot

don't bother playing any of them. They are all shit and the only reason they are so popular is because stupid children played and couldn't see how awful they are.

>See final fantasy thread
>It literally has no discussion of the games in it.

Honestly you can't really go wrong with most of them. Just avoid VIII, II, and all the XIII games.

>go on Sup Forums
>sees no one actually talking about vidya
welcome to Sup Forums newfriend

FFX is definitive on PS2. It doesn't matter which versions of FF7/8/9 you play.

>ELDER GOD TIER
V, VII, XII/IZJS

>GOD TIER
VI, IX, X-2

>TOP TIER
I, IV, X

>LOW TIER
III, VIII

>DOG SHIT TIER (IRREDEEMABLE)
II, XIII, XIII-2, LR, XV

As for definitive versions:
- I&II on GBA
- III on NES since the NDS version just adds worthless characterization and story that nobody asked for
- V/VI are strongly advised to be played on SNES, though GBA isn't too bad and has new shit to experience
- X just play the remaster (since it looks nicer) or get the international version on PS2
- XII get the IZJS translation patch and play it either on PCSX2 or get the remaster (I guess, I only played the PS2)

>Is ff7 really that good?
It's medicore. There's better and there's worse, it just tends to suffer from fanboy overhype.

Best are 5 6 and 9
7, 8 and 10 are good but overrated
Rest are meh
Tactics is the best FF game

disregard this shit tate pleb

it's the best jrpg

>Can you please Rank the games into tiers

>Pretty good
>I, III through XI and XIV a Realm Reborn
>OK
>XII and XV
>Shit
>II and XIII

>What are the definitive ways to play each game?
I trough VI on the GBA except for II that one you wanna play it on the Famicom.
VII through IX on the PS, X on the PS2, XI PC of course, XII i didn't check the Zodiac thingy but i heard that is pretty OK, XIII on PC the same goes for XIV, as for XV there's going to be a version for PC next year so maybe it will have all the DLC and shit that the PS4 version has.

Give me your own opinions then so I can listen to you instead.

1 and 6 are the best. 10, 12 and 7 are kind of okay. Everything else sucks.

Nice argument there.

is Zodiac Age as easy as people say? I like the setting and the Judges are a best, but if it's piss easy I'll pass

You play III on the Famicom not II.

no

All the FFXIII games are true kino. This board just can't appreciate them because they pre-emptively get mad at all the waifu-ing of Lightning and by the time they actually try to form an opinion about the game they're already too mad and don't even give it a chance.

>- X just play the remaster (since it looks nicer)

Yes. Only the first game offers any kind of a challenge.

V > VII > IX > X > VI > III > VIII > I > II > IV

Haven't played XII but it's supposed to be good. Anything after isn't worth your time, XIV is an exception if you like MMOs

There are fan patches to fix this so you can have all the good things about FFX and still have good models.

OP 13 is good it's just different and we can't have things be different around here can we? Just remember that

Lighting is cute and all but the problem is that she is stuck in shitty ass game.

FF1-2: PSP
FF3: DS if you can stand its 3D
FF4: PSP
FF5: SNES with fan patch or GBA if you must with color fix patch
FF6: SNES unpatched all day erryday
FF7: PS1 or PC with music restored to PS1
FF8: PS1 or PC with fan made music restoration patch
FF9: PC
FFX: PS2, don't touch that shitty remaster
FFX2: Game is shit so it doesn't matter, PS2 or remaster
FF11: kek
FFXII: PC
FF131-3: PC
FFtype0: PC
FF15: Upcoming PC
FFT: PS1
FFTA: GBA i guess

No there aren't. The main problem is that the animate very poorly since the models are not only low poly but they aren't even rigged correctly.

Sauce

>FFtype0: PC
You could also emulate it. There's a 60fps patch but only for the PSP version. I've read that some prefer the more consistent PSP visuals as well.

I'll rank them by the ones I've played
>god tier
FFVII
>top tier
FFIX, FFX, WoFF
>med tier
FFXIII:LR, FFVIII
>low tier
FFXIII
>trash tier
FFXIII-2

Consider that you're not likely going to like every single one. They all have flaws.

>top tier
>WoFF
what is wrong with you

Outside of the cutesy graphics, it's an awesome return to form. The combat is a mix of IX and X while the leveling system reminds me of VII. It's very well put together.

He's still an impressionable FF whelp

>the other Fabula Nova Crystalis games

Let us know how they turned out.

>There's a 60fps patch but only for the PSP version
I've tried it and it's not true 60 fps, the game still runs at 30 fps, it's just frame interpolation

The remaster looks better here.

xdd ids got da big bossse maens its good :dd

don't be daft

If you say so.

It's more like the villain is good and the late game designs are immaculate. That's the last hold over from the old game style. Modern games don't really touch me in my special place anymore, and FF has changed with 15 to be just another turd in that respect

His eyes make him look so dead inside

OP, I did the exact same thing this year. Here's my opinion as someone who was never an FF fan

>Must Play Tier
5, 6, 7, 9
>Looking for more Tier
3, 4, 8, 10
>Bottom of the Barrel
1, 2, 12, 13, 15

These aren't my personal likes/dislikes since I love 8 and 13 but I'm ranking them on what I consider the quintessential "final fantasy" experience is. God speed

Fair enough.

I'll help ya. FF fan since eternity.

>GOD TIER
VI (GBA for extra content, altough sounds slightly off)
VII (any version)
V (GBA)
>GREAT TIER
IX (any version)
XII (PS4 is nice)
XV (PS4)
Tactics (PSP) and Tactics Advance (only-GBA)
>GOOD TIER
I (PSP for extra content)
III (I'd say Steam, but PSP is all right, DS got Onion locked. You can also play the original NES version)
IV (Steam)
X (any version is fine)
>MMO TIER (never played them)
XI and XIV
>BAD TIER
VII Advent Children (it's a movie, and a bad one)
II (PSP for extra content)
X-2 (one of the HD Remasters)
>SHIT TIER
XIII trilogy
VIII

>XII (PS4 is nice)
Why do people say this? They made the game easier and it looks like shit.

Never played the original, sorry.

It's not a bad idea to play every version vanilla. The only actually get remake was FFT right?

>rank by tier
No, fuck you.
>what is the definitive way to play

cry more faggot

worst taste in this thread

Play Comrades.

==TOP TIER==
VII
IX
X
Kingdom Hearts
==GOOD TIER==
Tactics
VIII
Crystal Chronicles
==ACCEPTABLE TIER==
XIII
XV
XII
==MEDIOCRE TIER==
IV
VI

Here is how you spot an underage: when they say the Super Nintendo game that defined this series is "simply mediocre":

Oh the irony.
The only ones who praise SNES mediocrities are the ones who only played it when they were little kids, when neither them nor the industry had the same standards as now.
SNES FFs are to jrpgs what Giotto is to art: their value is *entirely* an historical one. They are remembered solely because they were the best for their time, even if they aged horribly, horribly bad.

Oh the irony.
The only ones who praise SNES mediocrities are the ones who only played it when they were little kids, when neither them nor the industry had the same standards as now.
SNES FFs are to jrpgs what Giotto is to art: their value is *entirely* an historical one. They are remembered solely because they were the best for their time, even if they aged horribly, horribly bad.

this is newfaggotry on a level I've never seen before

If you don't mind my asking, why is someone being new a bad thing? Why are those grounds for you to attack them?

God tier:
IV, V, VI, VII, IX and both FFT
Great tier:
X-2, XII, III, Type-0
Good tier:
X, XIII-2, XIII-3
Ok tier:
I, XIII, VIII, XV
Bad tier:
II

I probably forgot some along the way, also I never touched the MMOs since I don't like playing MMOs alone and none of my friends play it either, but I heard they're both pretty good.

They think games age. He's dogging on the older games because they're old, not because of how they're designed. That's not how you rate games.

>blatant strawman

>it's an awesome return to form.
What is return to form with Final Fantasy? What is the form of Final Fantasy?

VI is not an antique. It set the tone and is still regarded as the best of its kind.

ATB combat with open customization and optional grinding to get stronger?

My favourite ones are the ones that allow you to customize your characters to your content.

So Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, and X aren't Final Fantasy?

I just bought ff x and x-2 on ps2, did I do good?

Did you get the international version of X?

Don't people hate II? And I like X up until Dark Aeons because of how customization the sphere grid is, however once everyone unlocks everything it boils down to who has the best Overdrive.

I should add I haven't played 1-6.

It's the pal version.

I am just going based on what you said what "return to form" is. I~III and X are all turn based, IVs extent of customization is what items you can equip your characters and that is pretty linear within itself.

>Don't people hate II?
They can hate it, but it pretty much made Final Fantasy what it is. Changing the mechanics from one game to another along with everything else like certain enemies that reoccur, chocobos, Cid, Dragoons, and so on.

Get at them dark aeons boy

If someone says its their opinion and leaves it at that, then they actually played it

If they're rabbid about how much they love it, they've never played it and only watched Advent Children and or Kingdom Hearts

As for me, it was alright, didn't like it that much but still worth playing