Why did this game go downhill after you kill Andrew ryan?

Why did this game go downhill after you kill Andrew ryan?

Because killing Ryan was what you set out to do, and instead of ending the game pulls a plot twist out of its ass and keeps beating the dead horse for another hour or two

>2k Boston HQ 2007

>"hey ken do you have the ending to bioshock written out yet ?"
>shit I actually forgot
>"well we gotta come up with an ending we ship in two months"
>how about we just copy system shock 2
>"isn't that a bit hacky ?"
>it's a seven year old game nobody will notice

anyone notice how the stage where you go into tenenbaum's apartment is literally copied from system shock 2?

In what way OP? Story or level-wise? Huge Biofag btw

a bit of both

see

Spoilers mother fucker.

nigga it's ten years old now

And? I just got to playing the game recently they are spoiler tags for a reason.

Boss fight is quite easy as well, just completed it on survivor without vita chambers. All you got to do is spam freeze blast and throw oil drums at him.

or just spam arrows

ken is a fucking hack, im glady he isnt relevant anymore and hasnt made a game since he killed irrational with this infinite fiasco

I usually don't mind spoilers but this is a fallacy, my brainlet friend.

likely they didn't think about story beyond that point, until publisher told them game is too fucking short

he's good at designing game mechanics but not much else

it's a shame he wants to focus on story

>Update
yeah he shouldnt get into a game's writting/story team anymore, he is incompetent at that, just look at how stupid infinite story is, is completely retarded and smartass wannabe 2deep4u, i fucking despise infinite cuz it not only killed bioware but also the series while 2 get all the shit just because it was the first one with a spin-off-like story but the best gameplay and atmosphere in the series

Yeah after how fun Neptune's Bounty, Arcadia, and Fort Frolic, the other levels just couldn't compare. Gameplay wise it's kind of annoying having your health bar lowered and then having your setup negated to random plasmids that you don't want to use which is the main appeal of the game. Then when you finally get your plasmids back you face enemies with resistances and annoying hidden cameras. You then just get some slight buffs in a tedious final level. Storywise I don't have problems but it could have done with more details about Jack's creation instead of being shoehorned in by the ending.

>you can maximize framerate on the console version

Games should have this option available more often.

so tell me friend which one of the bitches sent you ?

KGB wolf or the CIA jackal ?

What is wrong with Infinite?

I'll admit right now I loved Infinite. Some disappointing parts like no real end boss fight and also never being able to fight Songbird for example, but I thought it was a fun, entertaining game. Are the story problems you have based on the world/universe hopping?

It's definitely did go somewhat less tense after ryan kicked the bucket but god tier game nevertheless
well anyway dasvidanya or goodbye

infinite started out very promising but the finished product was disappointing

Once again, what about it was wrong/disappointing?

In the end, what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses; a slave obeys.

This excuse is so shitty.

This.

On top of that, it's hypocritical. The game tells you getting bossed around by Atlas is bad, only for you to get bossed around by someone else for the remained. So much for "a man chooses".

The game should have ended with the twist.

Because the climax happens in the second act.

The entirety of Burial at Sea's story

The M.night Shamashlog of video games

No complaint there. That is DLC though, I'm talking the actual game. From beginning to when Booker gets drowned.

More like Bioschlock. It's slow as shit, level design is cramped and every plasmid is either stun or damage, replayed it recently and dropped soon after beggining.

Not the guy you're replying to, but my issue with Infinite's story is that it took an interesting premise (i.e. "What would it be like if America really *did* follow the beliefs of the Founding Fathers to the letter?") and threw it out the window halfway through in favor of a needless convoluted episode of Rick & Morty.

So I'm guessing the world jumping and what comes with it was your problem with it? Or maybe it was the multiple Booker/Comstocks and the things that happened to people who world jumped into a world where their equal was still alive? I understand that view if so.

My main problem with Bioshock 1 is that it felt padded because at multiple times you basically just had to sit and farm enemies until you so many of this drop or so many of that drop. Really slowed it down and made it annoying.