This game is so FUCKING LEGIT

youtube.com/watch?v=eFwfl95gv8I

The weight behind the attacks, the momentum, it's out of this world. All made by a small indie team.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eFwfl95gv8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He sold out to sony though :/

This is a work of pure passion, this guy is legit a genius.

>muh Sony boogeyman

Game looks sick.

If you're trying to sound like a shill, it's working.

That whipping sound effect is atrocious though.

Small indie team? I thought it was made by one guy.

>litterally Automata + DMC4
Meh, not to mention the horrible fucking audio design.

>steals Ninja Gaiden movement schema/momentum
>steals Devil May Cry's combo style
>steals Bayonetta's witch accoutrements
Yeah, passion lol

fucking dumbass

i would say more akin to ninja gaiden plus automata

Looks cool

>Nintendo stole Bayonetta from us
>Sony stole Lost Soul Aside from us

I’m wary because it’s chink shit

how do you not realize the sfx are placeholders?

What're you talking about? You got the good Bayo game on Steam.

>timed PS4 exclusive

Then ninty got the rights to the next 2 games

Mostly made by one guy, but now UltiZero has 12 members (including the head Yang Bing)

So? Literally every single game copies gameplay mechanics from other games at this point (and add their own twist so it's not 100% plagiarized). Even then, all the animations, the combo design has its own touch. But here's what I can say, even in Bayo/DMC3/4 I didn't even have this pure, visceral feeling I get from watching this gameplay.

They funded the second game, and it was lukewarm. THEN PC got Bayo 1, and then that is still style over substance.
Bayo 3 looks like Platinum grasping for something to prove they're not washed up already.

you fucking RETARD

>all the animations
The animations are lifted straight from Ninja Gaiden. Just compare the movement dynamics after a hit lands to a lunar staff playthrough in Black. They are exactly the same. The guy just apes what is good without any independent thought of his own. It's a mash of so many games with nothing outstandingly new.

game looks good, im hoping they polish the mechanics a little bit, also i know the sounds are place holders but god damm they sound horrible

I'm going to enjoy pissing off FFXV-Kun by making comparisons.

>Literally every single game copies gameplay mechanics from other games at this point
I'm talking the actual playability of it, It's not mechanics. It looks like the animations and even the impacts are direct rips. If I wanted that feeling I'd play either of the other two as they are actually better games.

>steals Devil May Cry's combo style
Now I'm hyped. I'm fucking tired of Dial-a-combo shit. Every action game should copy DMC's combos

??
Sound like a Korean MMO

>complain no one makes action games like DMC or NG
>someone else makes an action game like DMC and NG
>complain it looks like DMC and NG

He made this thread user. Get to it.

Shit, now this game has value after all

Is it wrong to take what's best and make it better? Like Fortnite plagiarizing PUBG's airdrop + randomized loot system, but then adding crafting on top? If there's no need to reinvent the wheel then don't do it

>Bayo 3 looks like Platinum grasping for something to prove they're not washed up already
This. They've been making the same game for years now, I'd like to see them try something new
>their attempt at something new was scalebound
Nevermind.

I guess it's just a sign of the times where developers are so creatively bankrupt that they take what they like and try to build on them.

Sup Forums is full of teenagers who feel loyal to large corporations, so when they see a game being made by one guy, or a small team, they get all pissy for some reason. I re!ever the first trailer for this came out before ffxv's release, and how it looked better. Well it's pretty much guaranteed to be better now.

The enemies seem way too stupid and slow to keep up with the player’s sanic speed. Also that dash looks like it has invincibility frames out of its ass.

Hello FFXV-kun.

>Braindead AI and flashy moves
This is DmC all over again

People give DMC shit for punching bags enemies but at least they can attack more often then this.

>I-It's in progress
Okay. Doesn't change what I said.

>weight behind the attacks

Hahaha no, no there is not, especially on the token Overcompensator sword. Looks pretty cool otherwise.

It also doesn't change that the game is in development.

Yeah user. I can't for the finished game to have enemies that won't even move. How exciting

Haha nope, never played FFXV since it looks even more ass.

this may look good, but i gotta see the moveset inputs, otherwise its just flash and no bash

See: FFXV

Save your shitposting for when the game releases.

IF it ever comes out. Sure.

>dmc on pc
>even bayo now
>still no ninja gaiden
shit man I'd even take razor's edge.

yeah but Bayonetta 2 is complete dogshit and given Platinum's current track record I have -no- reason to believe 3 will be any better.

Even Hideo Kojima (b-but he's a hack) is creatively bankrupt, stealing ideas left and right from the movie industry

agree, that sword looks pretty shitty animation wise

that's more of a problem with this genre, where it's less reactionary and more active/comboing. but from what I'm seeing it still looks acceptable and most likely will be improved as the team finalizes the attacks and balance the enemy AI around that

>I d-don't even wanna play those shitty game anyway!

>the work of one Korean man
>billions of times better than every Western action game ever made combined
How will westcucks ever recover?

>le dmc4 first boss
>bayonetta witch QTE once it's staggered
Super shitty game design

Is this Square Enix? Sure looks and sounds like a Squae Enix game.

Honestly the Wii U and the games for it are the only time in my life I've ever gotten buyer's remorse over vidya.
I wish I never, ever fucking touched the console. I wish Nintendo never got the rights to Bayonetta 2 because that game was literally the entire reason I bought the system. fuck Bayonetta 2 and fuck Platinum's C-Team for making it.

>steam
>stole bayonetta from us
>came out on steam literally in 2017

>QTE once it's staggered
Platinum brainlets need their super cinematic animation moments

>Super shitty game design

it's not really a QTE, more so a way to make that "final attack" more interactive than having a cinematic play automatically for you.

>Take concepts from high quality games that you love and aren't particularly massive or popular and work to make them all work in conjunction with each other instead of being one of their 2-3 primary selling points
>This somehow doesn't demonstrate some level of passion

>youtube.com/watch?v=eFwfl95gv8I
Looks like what FF XV wanted to be

That looks pretty neat.

>mostly made by one guy

>12 members

Holy fuck, in 2018 "indie" won't mean anything.

12 members here, Cuphead published and funded by MS, these are not independent games ffs.

Indie is a marketing tag now. What's the new one for 1-3 person team making it 100% on their own? Super-indie?

Was this that game made with free unity assets?

>one korean man was able to make a better game in terms of looks and gameplay than a multi-million triple AAA company making FFXV

this is gonna freak XV-Kun the fuck out

*so FUCKING GAY

Fixed :)

They better get a handle on that framerate before release.
Also the character design looks straight outta final fantasy

Yeah...

The only thing I'm concerned about is that it looks like a dmc combo video. The people who make those videos have 1000s of hours in the game. This looks like joe schmoe can pull off some crazy shit. What's the point if that's the case.

There is nothinng genius about this shit

Is it still coming to PC? I've been interested in this, but not enough to buy it on my PS4 desu.

>He sold out to sony though :/

what? is sony paying him or what

Is this just arena fighter?

This looks like flashy garbage. All style, no substance. Just because it is a better looking turd than FFXV/DMC games doesn't mean it isn't a turd still.

Sony funded the guy and gave him a team, it'll probably be PS4 exclusive.

yeah, paid assets not free

It's a small studio, Cuphead took what, 3-4 years? this has only been in for 1 year

it really is inspired from about every game in the genre
the style switching, the dragon bite (which is a bit like the drone in Nier), etc.

what makes me mostly sad is the comments on youtube that say "the sounds effects are bad, put some work and show your passion" when this korean guy legit poured 2 years of his personal time into this game already, like wtf

So many animations straight ripped from DMC. But it still looks so fucking juicy I wanna play a demo.

No, first trailer was made by one man and showed a massive open world you could fly around in.

Sony contacted him, proposed a team and a PS4 version of the game, he accepted. Originally he was working on it alone and said it was passion project and would finish it whenever he felt like it, now he is under Sony's paycheck so he must treat it as real job now.

>Just because it is a better looking turd than FFXV/DMC games

not your type of game then, some gamers don't think these games are turd and legitimately enjoy doing over-the-top combos, it's definitely a niche genre.

looks like some more anime trash game

Just shows the retards in the comunity currently. The same tards will praise hearthstone since it has pretty sound and animations, while having the depth of a puddle

fuck , it could had been a lot better in more plataforms specially on pc

this is the kind of combat I wanted Code Vein to have instead of the souls copy. Might as well go full animu hack n slash.

Oh look, it's another weeb fantasy

No one knows if won't come to PC later down the line though as that was the original intent, for some reason Sony loves "also on PC" for certain exclusives.

It doesn't have anything to do with retardation, just lack of understanding of what goes through making a game. It's actually good to have that outsider perspective of the casual joe who doesn't give a shit about game dev, but sometimes it's hard to cope with the criticism.

truth is gaming is really for a lot of different people, some people (eg girls) have zero interest in these types of games, and want to play storyline games like dragon age, some prefer less reactionary(reflex based) games like hearthstone and chess, some prefer pure instinctive combat like lost soul aside, etc

like im pretty sure someone who loves card games will say heartstone is very indepth and beats the shit out of this game, its all relative

Great isn't it?

But it isn't a japanese game.

These threads are so fucking aggressive about how AMAZING this looks.

if you were to tell me 300 people are working on this game, yeah it wouldn't look good at all, but the fact that this is one man and his vision is somehow so admirable, like what could push someone so far into making a DMC clone if not for sheer passion, not money, not fame, just pure love for crazy combo videos.

obvious shill thread

>Parries land slow-mo like in metal gear rising
>That weapon swapping
>Stamina conservation + dodging

Looks pretty damn good.

>20 potions
At least enemies hit hard when they do attack

Hopefully enemies aren't nearly as passive in the actual game, you got some Dynasty Warriors + 99 Nights tier attacks and they don't do anything

Isnt this that game where the protag looked exactly like Noctis?
Was the dude seriously making it all by himself?

First trailer was all one man apparently.
He's now been given a very small team and a budget.

pitiful that one Korean man makes a better action game than the entire western half of the planet.

Remember DMC4SE?

Are you retarded? The guy was Chinese.

If I remember right I think he did it in the course of several years, but still impressive.
I know that animating models is a fucking bitch and takes really long.

same difference, if anything even more impressive.

at any rate it's still depressing that many western devs given huge teams and millions of dollars only make unplayable casual dogshit like God of War and DmC while one Chinese guy makes this.

Hey what's your first language?

OH MY GOD
THE PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS DUDE POSTS HERE

>same difference, if anything even more impressive.
Kill yourself idiot.