When does this game get good?

I'll admit I've always found it hard to get into wrpg's but I'm a big fan of DnD and want to get into this game.
Is the city area in the beginning just a slog? Should I press on until I get to cooler areas?

Other urls found in this thread:

adwr.wikia.com/wiki/Valine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When you download adwr.

it gets a bit more interesting than clear 4 areas once you leave neverwinter, and the expansions arn't bad

but it doesn't get good til you join an RP server online. not ERP, as in actually playing DnD.

When you will accept Aribet as your waifu in your heart.

Just jump to the second campaign, it's much better than the first and then continues into the third.

The modules are where its at man.

adwr is one of the things that got me interested in NWN but Id rather play the actual game first

Yeah I know about the online rp servers and they do seem really cool.
So the beginning few areas of the game are kinda boring and sloggish?

fpbp

Never. The base campaign is like 50h, if you feel like you are forcing yourself through it after chapter one it isn't going to get better.

If you play as a 2h fighter with great cleave, it will be much faster.

Too bad Im rping as my first Monk who absolutely despises Paladins

>Paladins
Well... keep playing.
Main campaign not so bad, but a bit formulaic (go to this 4 areas, do this and etc).
2 expansions a bit better.
1st one not so great, but you will meet deekin.
2nd best of all, but better play main and 1st addon to get everything.

Might be faster with other classes.
As a beginner, if you pretty much talk to all the important NPCs and explore most areas chapter one alone should be about 8-10h.

Im usually someone who likes to go around and explore/do everything I can in an area, should I forgo that if I'm feeling like I'm having to force myself? Is there even much interesting to find?

the first area is sloggish, rest of the game has more interesting areas

Some user said it's great for coop playing, like a tabletop party raiding.

>When does this game get good?
in the second expansion pack

It gets good around hordes of the underdark, I think. The city is a slog, and the next chapter is a slog as well. It's not all bad though. There are some redeeming moments though.

Unironically one of the absolute best RPGs

>some redeeming moments
Sure, but you are asking him to play a 50h game for "some redeeming moments".

Well i'm play the same, so prepare to kill a lot of goblins lol.
I think some areas interesting like a trial or past, or spirit deer. So it isn't all the same. Did you freed driad yet (in 1 chapter)? I think it is not so bad

Why everyone hates first chapter? I loved it and I always get super bored with second one and never finish it.

>When does this game get good?
Never

>obsidian drones will defend this

NWN has always bwwn shit op only the expansion and the numerous quality fan modules make it good

You could just pick one, have it be a lie, stay in the cave forever and end right there. It's up to you to roleplay the way you want m8.

MotB? I tried playing it only to give up in disgust at the engine's garbage controls and camera angles.

I basically just got out into the city and explored the core, recruited the sexy bard and then went into the Zombie infested part of the city so Im really not that far, but it so far hasn't drawn me in yet

>PLAYING THE FUCKING CAMPAIGN

Holy shit. You completely missed the entire point of the game.

>Zombie infested part of the city
Braineater? I think this is worst part of 1 chapter.

I haven't played either of the games and people always say NWN2 is better. Is NWN at least as good as other Bioware games? Cause if the difference is just like between KotOR 1 and 2 that's still fine

>When does it get good?

When you start playing on online persistant RP worlds and get engrossed in your character

Though I doubt there are any good ones left at this day and age. Maybe when the enhanced edition comes out

It's shit, don't bother and nwn2 isn't good either.

There's something off with nwn2, and I'm not even talking about UI and camera.

idk if its for the brain eater
Its like the shitty slums area, the last thing I did was walk into a house and then immediately got gang raped by a group of cultists who killed me and the bard almost instantly

I do not really think NWN2 better, it is different and total technical mess.

I think zombie area - for braineater and one of the hardest lol.

NWN1 Class Tier List

>God Tier:
Druid

>Top Tier:
Wizard, Sorcerer, Cleric, Shifter

>High Tier:
Champion of Torm, Black Guard, Bard, Weapon Master

>Mid Tier:
Paladin, Harper Scout, Fighter, Red Dragon Disciple, Dwarven Defender

>Low Tier:
Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Pale Master, Arcane Archer, Shadow Dancer

>Trash Tier
Barbarian, Assassin, Purple Dragon Knight

I know theres one for Barovia, which is interesting because Curse of Strahd was the first campaign I played

the campaign is just a tech demo, start browsing nwvault after you've finished ADwR

>ADwR
Kill yourself dog fucker

inb4 b-but monk is op

Maybe in Baldur's Gate 2.

play pretty much any other Bioware game instead, NWN is pure trash and even the bioware shitlords admitted it

>Ridiculous AC and SR
>Fast attacks
>Can run away from a fight and heal whenever they see fit

They're pretty good in PVE and PVP overall

How does the EE look?
I've tried to get into NWN1 a couple times I can't get over the clunky UI

>clunky UI
Lol, i wonder how vanilla UI looks on 4k.
It isn't scaled at all, even dialog text.

I know they're half retarded but they somehow did a pretty good job with bg as far as I know, even if half the features were shit ripped from the modding comunity stuff like colored selection circles for your party was a great adition

>Ridiculous AC and SR
No

>Fast attacks
low BaB

are regular druid shapeshifters any good?
I know there is a PRC for shifting into crazy shit but I don't want to play a fucking minotaur/drow, I just want to maul faces as a bigass bear

Elemental ones are, Dragon shape is also pretty much god mode

skip the original campaign and do the two expansions back to back

>that fucking stoneskin effect
damm, I always forget how much I hate looking like a fucking golem 90% of the time in D&D games

I miss the online when you could pick pocket other players

adwr is unironically just some womans sexual fantasy in nwn form

Some trannys sexual fantasy*

This makes it even better.

>authoress

Oh well if he calls himself female that surely means he can't be a tranny

Could be worse.

Skip original campaign and jump straight into HotU, then user modules.
Also don't listen to , it's an ok module because it makes you feel like really vulnerable in the initial parts, but it's far far from the best.

This looks much better, are you blind?

I do get the feeling that adwr is a meme module because its spouted in every thread

So I guess after this thread Ill skip the shitty main campaign
it being 50 hours is a huge turn off

Now I am

Who the fuck told you that NWN got good? Someone was playing a prank on you, OP. It's a platform for custom campaigns and multiplayer, not something you're supposed to play and enjoy out of the box.

This module is from 2006, long before you discovered your "redpill" on Sup Forums, you were in kindergarten most likely.

>Sup Forums invented trannys
butthurt tranny detected

>actual girl writing giant piece of erotic fiction in a videogame
>in 2006
Fuck off tranny

>mental illness didn't exist until after 2006

No one told me it got good you spazmoid, that why I was asking about whether or not it ever did

i said it was a girl, why i highlighted the fact it says authoress. if u do a bit of research about her, you'll find she was an assistant professor back in 2k6 at some european university, i doubt she was a tranny personally but i guess its possible. probably some fat ugly bitch if anything.

Endgame is pretty cool up until a certain point

Any sources to your research? I've seen nothing about author but rumors.

>tranny calls itself a she
wow you sure showed us that's all the evidence anyone needed

adwr.wikia.com/wiki/Valine
>fan of ASoIaF in a time long before GoT came out
Definitely not a girl
FUck off tranny

You are underage retard who sees any timeline through the current day.

You got memed.

why do u all want this to so desperately be a tranny? u dont think she wouldve MADE the main character a tranny if she was, considering it was just her fantasy basically?

ur deluding urselves for UR OWN FANTASY

tranny lovin faggots

t. mentally ill tranny

>considering it was just her fantasy basically
What, you think every single sex story with a woman main character was written by a woman? Good lord you are deluded my man

When you stop playing the shit campaign and check out persistent world servers. If they still exist, that is.

I didn't even thought about the author as a tranny, not back then, not now.
I'm just curious if your info legit or it's another rumor, nothing more.

t. tranny worshipping faggot

it aint a tranny a woman made it

are u srsly trying to tell me it was more likely a tranny than a woman that wrote it? r u a retard?

it aint a trany at all

>are u srsly trying to tell me it was more likely a tranny than a woman that wrote it?
ye im srsly tlling u that dl wth it

ya thats y ur just some tranny worshippin faggot

So you read nwn thread enough to know adwr is a meme but not enough to know the oc is shit?

"she" was exposed as a tranny a while back, your shitty dog fucking modual was made by a mentally ill tranny

When you go play on persistent world RP servers. I have no idea if those even exist anymore.

>"she" was exposed as a tranny a while back
where?

>u hte trnns cuz u scrtly luv em
epic

Threads I saw never mentioned the original campaign, or not that I remember at least

Another NWN thread ruined by the adwr pushing samefag

I you want my advice just drop the game and go play something else. Even the supposedly good part are pretty shit

I mean I might as well give Hoards of the Underdark a chance and if it doesn't hook me like the main campaign I'll just assume nwn isn't for me

no she wasnt

u luv tranies thats y u keep insisting valine is one

Yes he was

no, its a fat ugly bitch that never got any IRL, trust me

Wouldn't surprise me if you are the brain damaged mentally ill dog fucking tranny who made the mod in the first place, it would explain why you are so desperate shill this god awful piece of shit.

ive enver even played it moronb ut ur a retard if u genuinely think valine's a tranny

I liked 2 more desu