Hearthstone

I can get into this game but I don't want to spend any real money in a children card games. What do?

Don't play it.

Don't play it.

>What do?

You have 3 options

1) pay money to get every card in the game so you are valid and can actually play
2) keep grinding and losing over and over again
3) you dont play it

from someone who spent $60+ on each expansion. Don't.

Don't play it.

Just stop. The speed at which new cards are released and the old ones get phased out is extreme if you have to grind gold.

You cant keep up if you dont play several hours a day.

Grind every day with a boring face budget deck. After two months you will be able to piece together overpriced cards to netdeck a deck or two if you're extremely lucky, and start the grind to legend, a long and tedious process during which you will meet a billion meta slaves playing the same tempo curvestone shit or sleep inducing control/dragon priests.
Or you can play Gwent alternatively

Just don't spend money on it. You can edge out a lot of wins even with shite basic decks with some budget crafted cards thrown in, game's pure luck (and knowing basic math)

Play arena and go infinite. Download some program which will tell you what to pick, but use some common sense at the same time.

>After two months you will be able to piece together overpriced card

Problem is that in those 2 months there will be a new expansion so you just repeat the grind over and over again

Somehow become insanely good at Arena.

That's the quickest way to get cards if you're going F2P

>he can't spend $4500 a year to lose to a priest playing randomly generated firelands portals and it randomly creating earth elementals
what are you poor?

3 expansions a year is a joke, $150 for the whole year and the cost of each expansion does not guarantee you the full set, you'll be lucky enough to make a deck or two from the cost.

>become insanely lucky at Arena
cmon now, don't bullshit the kid

One of the best arena players just went 0-3 with a good deck while his opponents made glaring mistakes.
How do you learn to get good in an environment like that.

If you want to make even 1 competitive deck, youre going to have to either grind gold for months or spend about 75 dollars to collect cards/dust to get the best legendaries. The only way to get into this game now without spending a dime is not taking standard seriously and just playing arena.

>make card game
>make it so expensive over time that new players can't begin with it

Building a paywall seems like a great way to market this shit.

>One of the best arena players just went 0-3 with a good deck while his opponents made glaring mistakes.

I bet you mean amaz. Funny to see him claim to go 12wins with a deck but insted goes 0-3 and whines how lucky his opponents are but whenever he gets lucky its *skill* in his view

Yes there is a shit ton of rng, but eventually you learn how to trade, what the best move to make is, and how to draft. Even the best poker players can lose hands to casuals.

>just playing arena.
Which is an exercise in frustration, becazse your access is limited and the game fucks you over at the drop of a hat. So you better make enough money per run to buy two more, or it's back to constructed grinding.

Ya pretty much. Most new f2p players are just stuck playing arena or playing rank 25-20 in standard.

That's RNG for you. Let's assume that you win 80% of the games at 0 wins. The chances of going 0-3 is 0.2**3=0.008. So 0.8% of their games are going to be 0-3. It's expected for them to go 0-3 every 125 game. They easily go 0-3 once per month.

Playing arena is pure depression for new players. You have to grind several days doing daily stuff that might be sometimes hard to pull of with basic cards in a casual match since people have new cards and will wreck you. Not only that you are pretty much forced to do so since versus AI you are not getting any coins etc. So once you make enough money to get a arena ticket and see yourself going 0-3 for nothing it just crushing.

They easily go 0-3 once every three days, if not per day. The RNG is just that bad. Anything below 3-3 is a certain loss, which happen at least 1/4 of a time. Anything below 7-3 is a tossup, you need to shoot for that at least.

remember how they wanted the new dungeon mode to be a place to start for people with not many cards? Well you cant even complete the daily quest in it making it completely useless for new players who want to get more cards

>have autistic blizzdrone acquaintance
>played this shit every free moment of the day he has since the game got released
>lol all these scrub noobs complaining about not being able to play, you can grind arena
>lol, just grind for like a week constantly it's easy
>lol just copy the decks from deck sites then grind the cards lool
Fucking blizzdrones, I swear.

Will MTG Arena be good or a horrible money sinkhole?

You're getting a card pack and a few pennies at the least so it's honestly not that demoralising. Hell, even 0-3 it's worth the price of admission just to get the pack and play with cards you're probably never gonna get (or willingly use) otherwise

t. new player or near enough considering my experience beyond this last week or two was a month during the cthulu expansion on an account I used a temp email for and lost the password to

>remember how they wanted the new dungeon mode

Do you even get anything out of the dungeon when you finish the run? I saw amaz finishing it a bunch of times but he never gotten a reward for it

the 3 initial quests for dungeon run give a K&C pack each
you get a card back if you complete dungeon run with every class
that is all

Finished as a paladin the other day and there's no indication that I did, so I'm assuming the dungeon run is mostly for fun. Because nothing says fun like a turn 1 astral portal fuck you Inara

If you clear with all classes, you get a new card back.

Yes, this is what they spent their time developing a new game mode for. A system to grind for a single cosmetic.

>cmon now, don't bullshit the kid

If you're really good you can go infinite with an average of 6 wins I believe. But if you're good enough to go infinite you might as well spend your time with a better game unless you're a streamer like Kibler or Trump and need that popularity dosh that games like Magic and Gwent won't give you.

they pretty much stated initially that they didn't want to put rewards in the mode so people aren't forced to play it. Then put 3 quest for packs related to the dungeon and once you complete those you get nothing and you can't even complete quest which would have been a great thing for new players since there are no weaker classes or card requirements in the mode

>finishing the whole thing gets you a card back
>not free legendaries
>not free packs
>but a fucking card back

Jesus glad I dropped that shit like a year ago, blizzard is getting more greedy as time goes. Like remember how blizzard zsed to hype up every expesions and make promo vids / teasers that could go on for days. But now there was basically nothing they just released it a few weeks later. Well cant blame them, every time they release a new one people buy +500 packs

they still make promo videos and make streamers reveal cards in the weeks prior to the expansion

get into a better game instead

this used to be true, because you could usually pick one of the OP arena classes and be guaranteed 7+ wins if you were good. but now that the game rigs the drafts for "balance" it's a pure luckfest where you get shit drafts most of the time

>How do you learn to get good in an environment like that.

RNG is part of any card game, Heartstone has just a lot of it to attract casuals that will win game out of luck and feel better about themselves thus will keep playing and funneling money into Blizzard pockets.

But ON AVERAGE if you're good you will still have more win than losses even in arena. Even people like Kripparian have a positive winrate in arena and he's just above average (which is good enough as you don't need to be a master just better than the average player). It's still a frustrating experience tho. The only way to enjoy this game is being bad at it or relishig in the sbolute insane rng asspulls and not take it seriously.

>Eternal getting a counterspell
If I didn't main Feln control I would be mad

Kripparian played arena for years do you relly think a new player can reach thet level instantly?

>do you relly think a new player can reach thet level instantly?

Obviously not but you don't need to play arena for years to understand how to make above average decks and play decently. There's even add on that will rate cards for you so you don't even have to be able to rate cards on the fly unlike in magic drafts, Like I said you don't need to be good, just above average the rng will fuck you sometimes and help you sometimes that's just how the game is. If you hate RNG just don't play the game.

>RNG is part of any card game
Not in Yugioh. That is why ygo is still the best card game

but wait, there's more

>Not in Yugioh

Card draw order is still rng, it's just a lower amount of it. I guess through card filtering and card drawing you can soften it but it will never go away completely which is fair, it's part of what make card games exciting.

I'm ok with that one because it's very situational

play gwent

I legitimately don't know why any newcomer to a card game would pick hearthstone. Pretty much all of its competitors are more advanced games (hearthstone is literally the same shit for 3 years now) and they have much friendlier business models since they have to tempt people away from HS.

Let me describe you the free to play experience

>log on
>delete all Win with class X quests
>build dumb decks that let you play X amount of minions/spells to finish those quests
>if there is a brawl do it if you don't need to build a deck for it
>log off

can't really play it without spending money unless you've already been collecting gold and cards for years. try shadowverse, it is similar but can easily be played for free.

Lmao utterly delusional. Yugioh is heavily influenced by card draw RNG since games can easily end in the first couple of turns there. Your opening hand can mean everything.

Even a shitty opening hand is powerful in ygo

>it's just a lower amount of it.
This isn't even true necessarily. You can imagine there being a card that simply won you the game if you were to draw it. At that point, the game becomes all about which person draws the card first, which is almost 100% rng.

No game really features cards like that, but the point is that the more you rely on specific cards, the more rng there's involved in card draw order. If all your cards are the same power level and work in the same situations, it doesn't matter which order you draw them in. If there's a large variance in the power level, you absolutely need a specific card to win or your cards are very situation specific, the more rng there is involved in card draw order. Some games with no rng mechanics on cards may actually be more rng dependent than games with rng mechanics, simply because card draw order.

>no option to open lots of packs instantly like shadowverse
>have to open each pack and click on each card individually
Fuck this shit man.

Bot. Buy a license for 20 bucks and use it to get 100g per day. You will still need to grind for about 2 years to catch up.

Even with the 50 dollars preorder you can get 2-3 legendaries, which is ridiculous given that a set has 22/23 legendaries. Most of them useless.

If you bot and catch up, you can finally play the only way to have fun in this game: play on low ranks / casual with meme decks

YGO has search mechanics

>You will still need to grind for about 2 years to catch up
It is really that bad?

Depends. If you spend every day doing dailys you should be able to make a budget netdeck in like 4 months.

>he game becomes all about which person draws the card first, which is almost 100% rng.
>almost 100% rng.
Not true at all

Thanks for the valid point.

What

If you cant get a 60% winrate up to rank 5 with any shitty decks you might as well play another game that fit your style more... like banging your head on sharp rocks...

Play shadowverse instead.

>weeb shit
No thanks

>lose 70% hp every game from storm damage
fuck this shit

t. Literal faggot
Git gud

For archetype cards yeah. The RNG in games now is whoever starts with a better suite of hand traps in hand

SV is in such a shitty place right now and the latest expansion and rotation will solve absolutely nothing except finally culling DShift like it should have been months ago. Too much removal, too much storm to get around said removal.

To expand on those:

1) pay hundreds of dollars (id say AT LEAST 400$ today, and thats if youre LUCKY with packs) to be able to enjoy the game with meta decks and/or fun decks

2)grind for literal months playing for hours every single day (enough to get 30 wins a day + daily quest) using only the same shitty aggro hunter/warlock deck with basic cards and a few rares from standard expansions which would get boring and unfun very quickly. When a new expansion is out, you use all the gold you saved on arena runs and get over 5 wins average to get max value for buying packs, and then MAYBE JUST MAYBE you will be able to enjoy 2-3 viable/fun decks.

3)just dont

i personally paid a bit over 500$ overall (have been playing since the day it came out, with a couple of big breaks) and i do not regret it especially now because it is on mobile and passes time on 3 hour train rides amazingly.

*blocks your traps*

Wait for Artifact.

It's not like hearthstone is a shining example of balance. Shadowverse has had more balanced metas

>had
Yeah there was a point where that was true. Sure as shit ain't now and it's not getting any better going by the recent card reveals.

*blocks your path*

As someone whose played hearthstone since beta don’t even start if you have no intentions on ever paying. It is literally the greediest fucking card game outside of MTGO and there are no catchup mechanics.

This. FPBP

That said, I'm playing it, haven't spent a single cent, and am enjoying it.
It's about as F2P as a children's collectable card came could possibly be.

I'm not playing YGO, but there are trap cards against shit like that, right?

I play since beta and have never payed a cent, Im having fun with Hearthstone, but that's because I'm not a faggot who copies his decks from metastats, I play my own decks.

I usually reach rank 10-13 with my own custom non-meta decks

If we new anything about it I might be more interested
until then I'll just wait for set 3 in eternal while bitching about the meta

Yes but I prefer this

>played the game for a while
>they tried too hard to make the game into esports and wouldn't add any fun card designs to the game
>give up on game
>came back and only played the brawl to get quests done
>never played normal play mode after that
>quit after a while
>came back again recently and only play dungeon run mode
>it's fun but after i beat it on the 9 different heroes i'll probably quit again
there's no reason to pay money for that game because you get nothing out of it. the rng is too strong and the meta is too forced in ranked play. you're either playing exactly what a guide tells you or you're wasting your fucking time.

Play Shadowverse.

Absolutely not. Valve is worse than Blizz when it comes to jewing out money. Artifat is just a stupid rip off tcg and playing it is an insult to every person that got shit on by valve

You can play Hearthstone Arena basically for "free" and get a nice collection going, if you got a ton of time.

This. We have memes

play shadowverse you fucking faggots

>We have memes
haha epic!

>biggest product is dota
>all gameplay relevant aspects free from the start, blizzard sets up a one million prizepool tournament as soon as they possibly can during the earliest stages of the beta and invites dota teams to participate
>hots all heroes are extremely expensive
>overwatch forces teams to pay to participate in normal tournaments
uh huh

Just look up the current meta and build a deck towards that. It's not hard, using a charge paladin and at this point comp is to easy.

Better than /hsg/ that only talks about streamers

no we don't

I remember back when I played Shadowverse, I downloaded a Unity decompiler and replaced Humpty Dumpty’s image with that one. That and I replaced a Haven card with her Granblue version since it showed more thigh.
Do people still do card edits?

Based on that priority queue I think it's not going to be great. You may have to wait 2 weeks after signing the nda, and there are only 2 weeks left in December.

And half the fucking keys they send people still don't work. What a joke.

Trump did it.

Trying to get back into it after having a break for almost a year. What are some good budget decks to start? Have enough to craft 6 leggos and already got Aggro blood. Because it was cheap and already had some leggos for it.

Lately I only have fun in some Tavern Brawl. Especially when I don't have to make my own deck and with some crazy rules