There are people ITT who has never played on a crt

>there are people ITT who has never played on a crt

what's a crt?

Literally what?

nu-Sup Forums everyone

what?

PLEASE be bait you underage fucks

really makes you think

Crystalline Resolution Trasmitter. You can't see pixels anymore.

>crt
?

Crash Team Racing.

>ITT
>crt
speak english, man

>people on this site don't know the feeling of waiting for the light to shine in the car when you were playing the gameboy/gameboy color at night during a drive with parents

jeans jackets were really cool and are the only part of the 90's that shouldn't be consigned to the dustbin of history

>wanted to turn the roof light just so i can save my pokemon game
>parent's act like every second the light is on it drains money from their bank account

I was playing TF2 on a CRT, in 2007.

>85 hz framerate
>zero lag and zero motion blur
>superior blacks and contrast
Why did we switch to LCD again?

I had the light accessory for Color, so there was no issue, but I have no idea how I managed to play Advance during night. The screen was somehow even darker.

ITT soyboys clutching onto ancient technology.

Give it up you cucks, the free market decided that your shit has no use.

Also HD resoltution before it was even called that.

>when you switched from a 85 Hz CRT to a 60 Hz TN panel LCD

That was my first encounter with visible jaggies, ugly color banding, blacks that were more grays and really bad ghosting.
Early LCDs where fucking terrible.

t. numale soyboy

Sup Forums is 18+

>Pressing the degauss setting
>*BWWOOOOOONGGGGSSSHHHHH*

>his parents didn't love him enough to buy a worm light

I was just wondering about that the other day.

Why don't people who consider themselves really pro use CRTs since they offer so many advantages? I mean we have mechanical keyboards too so why not CRT?

Imagine 2017 if the world wide web never happened

>using weapon in the lefthand
also 1.5>1.6>1.3>CS:GO the rest irrelevant counter strikes

crit, it's when an attack does extra damage

>tfw dad bought me a worm light because it was hard to see my Gameboy when going to see him
>tfw stepmom would read some words for me when playing Pokemon so I could understand them

Felt good man, like reloading some energy weapon.

bigger, sharper, better colors matte screens
but yeah crt has an advantages on twitch shooters and low res gaming

Economy of scale.

How heavy would a 32 inch CRT monitor be?

>low res
You can make a better res CRT, it's just a matter of developing it.

That fat piece of shit they're using as monitor

just doing some quick math here I would say about 830 pounds

Plasma, like CRTs, were also superior to lcds but they cost more to manufacture so they simply stopped making them.

>There are people who have never played on a cathode ray television (CRT) monitor and feel that satisfying feel of turning it on with a remote control (RC) and listen to that mild skksrskrkrskrskrksr sound as the particles inside the device scrambles to arrange themselves into a coherent animation picture
>there are people who never played games on a video histogram selenoid (vhs) dvd player because everyone has their newfangled ps4 playstation home devices

really sad for this generation it's pathetic

>there are people on Sup Forums who never took part in a LAN party

Aperture grills had good colours. I'm sure with 15 years of development they could have stayed fairly competitive in the colour department. Also you could get CRTs with matte screens

>go to internet cafe
>get really weird and homoerotic on the in-game chat
>guy next to me looks over in disgust

Not as fun as it sounds, desu.

Hurting women isn't funny

I mean it's better for displaying low resolution vs an lcd.

>tfw never took part in LAN party because poorfag/friends only have consoles
I did have many fun times playing mario kart with the multitap though. Good times.

>there are people here who never put their CRT and tower in the trunk of grandma's car so she can take you to a LAN sleepover

you know now that i think back on it, somehow not ONE of my friends growing up played PC games at all.

i did, but i had no fucking clue about any of the classic games (id, epic, blizzard, valve). as in didn't know they existed.

i played weird flight sims, age of mythology, sega saturn and N64 ports, and star wars games

Fuck I know this feeling all too well. Made me genuinely think there was something very wrong with having the overhead light on. Now I'm 30 and drive and realize they were just being hysterical wackos.

>ywn have your PC overheat while playing AoE 2 on a 14 inch CRT again

Why live?

Or maybe it was distracting and unsafe to drive with the interior light on not to mention they didn't enjoy being a spectacle for every passing motorist.

There is absolutely no way it is distracting unless you have ADHD and can't contain your autism long enough to ignore the little bit of light it generates.

> using wep on left hand
what the fuck

t.redneck

>tfw youll never lan with the bois after cleaning chicken

It lights up the interior and creates all kinds of glare on the windows and contrast against the dark exterior. It's simply not as safe and you should be grateful you didn't die in a fire because your parents let you play your stupid gametoy.

Or you can have shit night vision and having the overhead light on will make seeing out your windshield bloody damn near impossible

t. soyboy

Something tells me this isn't foodsafe compliant.

>put a dvd-rw in the disc tray
>put some files to be written

That fucking noise mates...

holy shit does anyone else remember the late 90s?

>unironically still playing video games as a grown adult
fucking kys

I remember playing Quake 2 for the first time at London Drugs. We didn't have a PC so it was the first modern FPS I had played. I was glued to the thing until the manager told me I'd been playing it long enough.

>kys
kill yourself, mate

>unironically posting while underage on a website for adults only

Have either of you even tried putting the rear overhead light on in a sedan? It doesn't even affect the front compartment whatsoever, let alone the windshield.

It never was about distractions or making the inside visible to other drivers. It was always exactly as the first user said, to them it was like having the light on was draining their wallets because they believed it was sucking gas faster than the fucking 75mph the engine was outputting. It was money. Nothing else. And that is fucking retarded.

>play on CRT TV
>low res games look great
>play on CRT monitor
>everything looks like shit

I don't get it

t. soyboy

>you will never duct tape yourself to the ceiling because there is no space

Plasma is trash. The panel is good for a couple years and then starts fogging up and making the image fuzzy.

Ye

This is objectively false. Playing half life, StarCraft, etc at 640x480 on my 17" Dell 1600x1200 75hz screen looks fantastic. They're sharp as hell with no detail loss, and minimal aliasing.

You must have gotten a defective one. Mine is closing in on ten years old and it still works great.

>JUST IN CASE YOU'RE A COMPLETE MONGOLOID I'M DESCRIBING THE ENTIRE PICTURE IN ALL CAPS HAHA
thanks to whoever made this

I still have my CRT. It's too big and low res to be useful to me anywhere outside of a server rack
People here bitching about LCDs are probably using shitty TN panels, response times shouldn't be an issue because you aren't CS professionals

I thought it would give some context. Here's it without it. On phone so ignore img.jpg

Of course I forgot the photo

kill yourself you fucking sperg

what's a crt

That seems really weird, I was born in 1996 and my family used CRTs until I was 12. Also why is that kid's Diablo 2 box upside down?

I have an irrational hatred for this androgynous child.

>being this triggered

>having shoes on in the yard

is there nothing sacred

>tfw your step dad always said you're too old for pokey mans.

>androgynous
It's clearly a girl you autist

t. blue haired individual

WHAT THE FUCK IS A CRT REEEEE

>there are people on this very board who never had to switch the channel on the tv to channel 2 to play videogames

My first and only LAN party I've ever been to was at my friend's house on Halloween 2015 and it was the shit.

Since then, the 6 of us who were there have all moved apart and having another LAN is a pipe dream.

Sure buddy. With her very feminine penis

please don't misgender hir

>left handed option in cs
oh yeah, guess who grew up to be a cock thirsty boyslut

>channel 2
I think you mean 3.

The Commodore CRT I used with my Amiga 500 had RCA AV inputs so after I replaced the A500 I hooked up my SNES to the monitor and played SNES games on it.

>when i could actually see the details instead of it being blurry
we all grow up sometime

It was always channel 3 or 4 on the televisions I used. Also the SNES converter box had a switch for one or the other and whichever one you chose would come in slightly fuzzy even when the console was off.

>there are people here who never played consoles
truly the master race

>i had no fucking clue about any of the classic games (id, epic, blizzard, valve). as in didn't know they existed.
Sort of the same here, although part of it was being too poor to buy anything. I guess we take the internet for granted now but back then it was actually difficult to find out about that stuff unless your friends knew.

Cathode Ray Tube. Existentially big complicated light bulb where the end of it was a monitor screen instead of a single colored light. It needed a big box to fit which is why you see all those big ass monitors in the old pics. It was also heavy as fuck and magnets made it act funky.

I wouldn't fault anyone for never touching a console in their life

PC was always the master race. 80's,90's,00's, and 10's are the year of the PC.

>You'll never play Keen Dreams again with your IBM mechanical keyboard on a 3.11 os.

OOOOOKAY

Not an argument

Where can I find a good CRT?