Is this true?

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c
Noah Richardson
Noah Richardson

Yes because crows are smart.

Luke Martin
Luke Martin

This book is to hard, I demand it be brought down to my level so I can enjoy it!

Brayden Myers
Brayden Myers

of course, crows are much more intelligent birds but have an awfully harsh call. Other common birds you find roosting around that are not related to either corvids or doves, are some of the stupidest

Robert Mitchell
Robert Mitchell

Demon/Dark Souls were perfect experiences targeted towards a niche core audience. Anyone who complains about it not being accessible enough is not the games target audience and therefore has no say on how the games should be developed moving forwards.

Angel Richardson
Angel Richardson

Dark Souls easy mode would be to not suck
So yes, higher standards for game development. Fuck the east for this and failing to iterate while giving the illusion of choice.

Playing one of the provided playstyles should not automatically be harder than any other just because you can't balance or do level design for shit.

Jordan Cooper
Jordan Cooper

This, this is the joke the author didn't release he made.
Crows are fucking smart but are large annoying fucks.

Dylan King
Dylan King

this, crows are one of the smartest birds. Not every game needs to be made to appeal to everyone.

Noah Cruz
Noah Cruz

FPBP
OP BTFO TO INDIA

Brandon Morris
Brandon Morris

Was Dark Souls even hard? Ripostes and backstabs were broken as shit

Charles Edwards
Charles Edwards

there is a Dark Souls easy mode though.

Jason Nelson
Jason Nelson

crows are smarter birds than finches
Checks out.
Not every game needs to be accessible to everybody. There is nothing wrong with niche, and if you can't enjoy a game because it's too difficult for your tastes, there's nothing wrong with that, either.

Dylan Rivera
Dylan Rivera

accessibility is important

Why? If you want to make, say, something like dwarf forteress, making it more accessible will just result in dumbing it down.

Caleb Scott
Caleb Scott

Retard bird gets rekd by bigger retard bird
Yes

Caleb Green
Caleb Green

Dark souls already has an easy mode it's called summoning phantoms

Jacob Hill
Jacob Hill

accessibility is important in video games
why do faggots always say this like it's a fact?

Blake Robinson
Blake Robinson

Dark souls is very accessible. Just go offline and complain about how easy dark souls is.

Ryan Foster
Ryan Foster

Dark Souls isn't even that difficult

90% of deaths in From's games come from extremely unpreditable movesets of bosses and other enemies that the player simply has to memorize

Prove me wrong

Adrian Sanchez
Adrian Sanchez

what is co-op

Isaac Smith
Isaac Smith

But then how would they summon people to fight the bosses for them

Charles Phillips
Charles Phillips

There's also nothing wrong with accessible and easy games or playing on easy mode where available. Just don't start demanding that every game caters to that.

Ryan Ward
Ryan Ward

If they were to add an optional easy mode, I personally don't think it would hurt the experience. That being said, the people who whine for one are fucking pussies who just need to try a little harder. If the devs decide they want to add one, fine. But goddamn, stop crying because you suck at video games, it's embarrassing.

Evan Miller
Evan Miller

I don't get this comic because the crow is entirely right and the crow is a smarter bird. Is he trying to pull a reverse strawman.... towards himself?

Zachary Flores
Zachary Flores

Boss moves are telegraphed so you don't need to predict them, you can dodge them on reaction alone

Ryder Moore
Ryder Moore

what does accessibility means in this concept?

Ryan Diaz
Ryan Diaz

The original comic is about how nice birds sound.
tweet tweet
twe-
CAAAW
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!

Mason Hughes
Mason Hughes

NPC summons

Asher Lee
Asher Lee

If you remove the difficulty, it is not even DS anymore.
Just play another game.
Do you go into a vegan restaurant and demand that they serve human food?

Levi Moore
Levi Moore

Not all bosses have them/and or they are shit

Gavin Harris
Gavin Harris

Why Dark souls need accessibility? The difficulty it's one of the main features of the franchise, between all the fucking problems it has you just picked the non problem?

Ryan Parker
Ryan Parker

Not exactly, you can't predict how many slashes a humanoid boss will do, or if he will suddenly make a weird jumping attack. It's true that you can tell when a boss will attack, but how the attack will look exactly is never certain.

Gabriel Parker
Gabriel Parker

This copout can be lazily applied to ignore any criticism of almost anything.

Ian Stewart
Ian Stewart

except it boosts the boss hp so much your damage ends up being shit, if everyone doesn't pull their own weight it can end up significantly harder

Evan Cooper
Evan Cooper

Accessibility is only important in games that are likely to be played by children. If you think dark souls should be dumbed down then you're playing the wrong game.

Blake Morgan
Blake Morgan

If he slashes more or jumps you dodge, none of these attacks are instant and again can be dodged if you have decent reaction time

Gavin Morris
Gavin Morris

I bet that you've argued with your teachers about the books being too hard for you as well?

Jayden James
Jayden James

I don't think accessibility options are a bad thing as long as it doesn't affect the way the game is meant to be played.

Owen Gray
Owen Gray

play a game on hardmode
some bs boss
turn it down to easy
beat him
never opened the game since

Connor Bell
Connor Bell

I'M SILLY
Accessibility is important in videogames. That's why colorblind options and support for various controllers and the ability to rebind keys/buttons are important because those can be actual uncircumventable roadblocks.
But an actual easy mode should be entirely about leveraging you back into the normal experience ergo the default difficulty. Anyone who just want to play an entire game on easy mode doesn't actually want to engage with the game, it's like skimming a book because you don't want to read it and then wanting it to be less complex because you don't understand what is happening.
Dark Souls is just an easy example here because it is the "Supposed to be hard" game in current popular culture and as such is representative of any mild speed bump or hurdle encountered by people who are used to not encountering them in your average movie game and is also entirely ignoring the manifold different ways to actually make the experience easier that someone who doesn't want to engage with a game doesn't pursue.

Pretty damn smart for a bird. I wonder if the bird in the comic is supposed to have a feathered beak because otherwise it isn't a crow.

Some things are just better for different situations.

Connor Lewis
Connor Lewis

Dark Souls DOES have an ez mode.
It's called summoning 2 phantoms and letting them do everything.

Just look at Criken's Dark Souls 3 playthrough.

Benjamin Kelly
Benjamin Kelly

Yes, and it will be just as true for all of those things as well. Not every experience should be catered to every person, the vision of the creator can be consumed by those who appreciate it and the rest can fuck off
that's the real reason video games are art

Noah Cooper
Noah Cooper

But it always does, thats the problem

Jaxson Wood
Jaxson Wood

dark souls does need an easy mode
Clearly not, as dark souls was very successful

Hudson Jenkins
Hudson Jenkins

Still there's nobody that consistently beats bosses in Dark Souls on their first try, yet there are plenty of autists who beat the games naked on level 1. Decent proof that the game is more about memorization than actual skill.

Jeremiah Williams
Jeremiah Williams

This has nothing to do with art.
Music is considered art and has the exact same shit.
hurr durr I wish the The Who would play more like The Beatles so everyone can enjoy it

Charles Hall
Charles Hall

This. You dont even have to summon real players, there is a lot of npc phantoms that can tank a shit ton of damage and deal alot too. Some can even 1v1 bosses without your help

Dominic Fisher
Dominic Fisher

Except that there's a tell before every attack in every dark souls game. The windup is different, whether it be the angle or the amount of time they hold it, or the glint in their eye as they realize you're just another copout shitter who's going to blame the game for the player's failings. If you don't know how to read the boss just hold up a shield and backpedal until you learn the attacks. There's a reason people can do SL1 runs and it's not luck.

Liam Carter
Liam Carter

Crows are literally way fucking smarter than any little shit like that one in the comic.

Samuel Brown
Samuel Brown

Yes. Not every game needs to be for everyone, and this is coming from someone who finds Dark Souls to be more frustrating than fun. If the high difficulty is what people enjoy about a series why should that be compromised just for you?

Austin Phillips
Austin Phillips

Doesn't matter if they're shit, they just need to be a distraction for the boss. That's usually how I treat summons anyways.

Evan Green
Evan Green

Pretty damn smart for a bird. I wonder if the bird in the comic is supposed to have a feathered beak because otherwise it isn't a crow.

It might be a magpie.
In which case it's still smart as fuck.

Ayden Johnson
Ayden Johnson

absolutely everything should be tailored to me and my needs
No

Anthony Collins
Anthony Collins

accessibility in games is important

But why? What is the purpose of a video game?

I would argue it is exclusively to sell as many copies as possible. Would an easy mode have sold more copies of Dark Souls? I would bet everything I own that it would not have, because Dark Souls was so wildly successful due to word-of-mouth discussion about its purported difficulty. This can be easily proven just by looking at the marketing of Dark Souls 2, which put so much emphasis on the difficulty because that's what got people into the first one.

Accessibility is only as important as it is relevant to the game's design.

Oliver Hernandez
Oliver Hernandez

Guys, I've become pretty casual at this point in my life. I don't have a lot of time for games and I generally prefer games I don't need to invest a lot of energy in. I almost didn't even bother with Dark Souls (and didn't try it until after 2 was out) because I was intimidated by how hard everyone was saying it was. That said, Dark Souls is not a hard game. It has a high learning curve, and you have to approach it differently than most games. But there's definitely a point where something just "clicks" and you just kind of breeze through everything. It's not your character leveling up or anything, it's more like just "oh okay, I get it now."

Mason James
Mason James

Look at enemy.
Look for telegraph.
Dodge, block, or counter.
Punish.

This is action game 101. There, I've just made every action game accessible for you. It's not anyone's fault that developers have decided to neuter this cycle instead of just teach players how to do it, but that's really all there is to it.

Bentley Rodriguez
Bentley Rodriguez

anyone have the version with adventurer 3 ninja flipping through the whole thing?

Austin Harris
Austin Harris

To elaborate even further, given how notorious Dark Souls has become, it seems like the people who want to dumb it down only want to play it so they can say they did and fit in with the cool kids.

Oliver Morris
Oliver Morris

My opponent is making several points, what should I do?
I know, I'll just restate all of it in ALL CAPS AND GIVE HIM A DUMB FACE THEN MAKE A SMUG FACE IN REACTION

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

I don't see why that game even needs an easy mode when it doesn't even have a story.

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

Dark Souls is mostly about patience
Its not that difficult as long as you stay calm

Matthew Bennett
Matthew Bennett

Wouldn't be much of a game if you beat everything on your first try, that would mean it's too easy

Jack Brown
Jack Brown

Nah, bristles on the beak are a corvidae trait so it goes for magpies too.

Matthew Phillips
Matthew Phillips

Dark Souls is mostly about patience
And retarded hitboxes.

Connor Stewart
Connor Stewart

Accessability isn't important in video games.
You are playing a game in which the entire point is to overcome gameplay challenges. You're supposed to learn and master the mechanics of the game in order to succeed, and if you fail your only recourse is to improve and try again.

Taking away that element of the experience doesn't have a direct analog in non-interactive media like movies or books, but imagine if when you went to see a movie you could choose either watching the actual movie or watching a cinemasins """review""" so you don't have to put in all the effort required to actually watch the movie. It's stupid, unnecessary, and devalues the point of experiencing the thing in the first place.

I don't know a whole lot about how the dark souls series handles difficulty outside of memes but the idea that a game needs an added easy mode to be accessible to mentally challenged games journalists is so ridiculous to me.

Parker Nguyen
Parker Nguyen

The games difficulty doesn't come from the enemies, stage design, or smart AI. it comes from the limitations placed on the player. It's bad for the same reason monster hunter is bad.

There's nothing to git gud at as it pertains to the game itself, it's simply learning when NOT to do anything more than it is doing anything.

Luis Williams
Luis Williams

You show up after the story, it's up to you to figure out what happened and what's going on. This is not an uncommon thing in literature, to have a third party relate the story to you with all the gaps, foibles, and eccentricities that come with it. If this type of narrative is an acceptable storytelling vehicle for novels then please explain why it's not valid in an exploration-heavy video game

Ethan Peterson
Ethan Peterson

ITT: birdbrains

Austin Flores
Austin Flores

The copout of muh accessibility can be lazily applied to ignore actually investing any time in doing anything
fighting game needs to be more accessible
stem needs to be more accessible

Easton Barnes
Easton Barnes

it comes from the limitations placed on the player
Like what. You have plenty of i-frames, you're usually just fighting on flat planes, there's no tank controls or any momentum-based movement, no really what.

David Flores
David Flores

Not sure about accesability being important, but a game doesnt need to be hard to be good.

Dark Souls is not fucking hard, this is the game that came out in the era of QTEs and streamlined gameplay which is why it has the mantle, anyone who has played games at all that werent just from that era will not have found Dark Souls difficult. Its punishing, not hard.

Brayden Foster
Brayden Foster

read his newest book
we'll never find the ultimate answer and nothing is true and actually physics and also the universe not just seemingly but also actually changes depending on how we look at it so fuck it all
Dude has been in a wheelchair for too long

Jaxon Hill
Jaxon Hill

The only thing I can think of when reading that image is how your weapons bounce off of walls, and the NPCs' don't. Other than that nothing comes to mind really

Aaron Campbell
Aaron Campbell

But there are plenty of people who do no hit hunts in monster hunter, and what even is clunky about monhuns controls anyways

Nathan Green
Nathan Green

Not saying that the average retard should be able to do it. But someone who is generally very good in hack and slash and similar games should be able to do it, right?

My only gripe with Souls is that most of the success comes from simply knowing what the enemy will do and reacting to it quickly. Obviously a smart player will anticipate more and die less, but success still comes mostly from simply mindlessly memorizing the fights.

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

This is my favorite soyboy meme

Christopher Moore
Christopher Moore

This, OP babby BTFO

Lucas Howard
Lucas Howard

Flock off, featherface.

Alexander James
Alexander James

I should be able to experience the entirety of an interactive medium without a moticum of effort on my own part.

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

While I don't fully agree with you I do think you make a very good point.

Juan Rivera
Juan Rivera

Low test soy boyds need to fuck off from vidya

Xavier Rogers
Xavier Rogers

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Brandon Torres
Brandon Torres

If someone is very good in these types of games then they should be able to beat most bosses first try, they might need to wait out some attacks to see what the boss can do but they can definitely beat most of them without issue

Jackson Adams
Jackson Adams

I agree. There's a world of difference between making a game accessible and actively making it less of an experience because of 'accessibility'.

Colourblind mode or other modes to allow people who normally would struggle, to play? Sure. Tutorial or an easy start (preferably optional so experienced gamers can skip past it) to ease newbies into the mechanics? Great!

But if you want to just blaze through a game without actually fucking engaging with the gameplay, go watch a movie; like a Michael Bay movie or something. They're plenty 'accessible'.

Don't get me wrong; sometimes I just want to turn my brain off and blitz through a level without worrying about so much as scratching my power-armoured codpiece, but not every game has to be like that; not every game has to be accessible; not every movie has to be an explosion-filled popcorn flick. If a game is MEANT to be challenging, or meant to be deep, then accessibility is not a fucking concern. There is a VAST market out there of easy games for easy people and if you don't like this one game because it's too hard for you, no-one is forcing you to play it. Not everything has to appeal to everyone and trying to do that just makes your game bland and uninteresting; too hard and complicated for the plebs and too watered down for true fans.

Daniel Rogers
Daniel Rogers

What games do duckes play?

Josiah Anderson
Josiah Anderson

I mean at some point you realize people don't really listen to you unless they want something and it makes you really depressed and if you don't have something to get you out of bed in the morning you're just gonna end up hating your life. So I can't really imagine how irritated he feels cause his ass can't even get out of bed to start with.

Jordan Lewis
Jordan Lewis

Why?

Bentley Scott
Bentley Scott

Dark Souls needs an easy mode
The fuck? Do people really need an easy mode to lock on and circlestrafe to one side? Are Souldrones really this bad at video games?

Chase Ward
Chase Ward

Turns out you can trick retards into thinking Edgy Zelda is hard if you just say it is.

Robert Myers
Robert Myers

Accessibility isn't even an argument in this case. Accessibility refers to a person's ability to use the software. Color blind options are accessibility. Rebinding keys in case you have only one hand is accessibility. Subtitles for the deaf is accessibility. Even if the game itself is hard as fuck you're still able to access the game just fine. Maybe the game just isn't for you.

Yes, I realize that I'm autistic for trying to argue with a fictional bird comic.

Jordan Anderson
Jordan Anderson

Same reason people think female representation is important

Xavier Morgan
Xavier Morgan

Well yeah
He is smart and all but the guy can't even relax with some good vidya.
Possibly Flappy Bird

Adam Young
Adam Young

So my wife's son can play without getting angry and beating me up

Jace Collins
Jace Collins

tfw prefer crow cawing to normal songbirds
dreary swamp with grey lighting, light rain, and crow cawing is calming as heck

Jordan Nelson
Jordan Nelson

accessibility=/=difficulty

When I think about accessibility, I think about stuff like custom keymapping. If you don't like how some game plays, why not just play something else? I personally didn't really care about Dork Soles, but that's just because I didn't really like how it plays. I don't mind about difficult games, I have beaten the original X-COM which is notorious for its difficulty.

Jason Turner
Jason Turner

I used that tactic until I met those two fuckers in gold armor. Then it stopped working

John Hughes
John Hughes

"Give easy mode pls" is for brainlets who can't identify the easy mode already in the game or who don't want to be bothered to find and use alternative equipment.

Familiarity makes Souls games much easier. If you want to easy mode a Souls game, use your first several level ups to put Vitality/HP to like 1000 as fast as you can. DS 1-3, Bloodborne, it'll nullify the first half of the game pretty handily. From there you discover enough gear to start planning around new challenges. Use meme weapons and builds. Actually use the extra emergency heals that cost souls and are one time use per rest. Put on heavier armor and damage resist rings appropriate for the boss you're fighting. Build your Stamina and use that shield. Grind out another 20+ levels to get your passive damage resist higher. I've cleared every Souls game with conservative turtle builds(stack your lightning resist to 90%+ and tell me how epic Nameless King is!) and going back with yolo dodge only.

Sure, there's some things you can't out-prepare for and are close to one shot city but you can sure as fuck beat the regular game every time.

Ayden Robinson
Ayden Robinson

What accessibility actually means and would be a good thing for video games:

Complete button rebinding systems
No, not just controller Type A B and C, let people totally customize their buttons and sticks because there could be people who play with one hand, or other fucked up configurations based on their disability, who would like to play games.

Color blind options
Self-explanatory, just a few changes in hue can really help people out

Dyslexia fonts
Just a few changes to letters being spread out a bit and making certain letters larger can help a lot of people

What dingdongs think accessibility modes mean:
Easy modes
Assist modes
Play for the story modes

If they're included then great, more people can finish the game. If they're not included, don't bitch at the developer because they want people to achieve a specific level of proficiency to beat the video game.

Jacob Cooper
Jacob Cooper

Thats just what I mean though, hes legit trying to do stuff to make the world a better place and take great strides forward in science and understanding the universe and people are just like "lol u sound like computer" I'm honest to god surprised he hasn't driven himself off a cliff.

Grayson Russell
Grayson Russell

That's pretty much what Bamco did with its marketing for DaS, innit

Alexander Gutierrez
Alexander Gutierrez

I wonder if the bird in the comic is supposed to have a feathered beak because otherwise it isn't a crow.
Do you honestly believe the creator of that comic has the intelligence to actually look up the actual taxonomic characteristics of a crow?

Caleb King
Caleb King

This movie isn't accessible enough, my wife's boyfriend got bored and started hollering at the screen. Why didn't Tarkovsky direct an Easy Cut with more action scenes and quips?

Xavier Johnson
Xavier Johnson

That duck looks so pleased with itself that it got on top of the hand

Elijah Moore
Elijah Moore

have shitty fucking eyesight even with glasses
mfw game has option to adjust font and hud size

Jacob Torres
Jacob Torres

Smith and Wesson? Their AI literally can't see the pillars in the arena. It's piss easy to get them stuck.

I have this personal theory that From only made the player character in Souls games take so much damage because they couldn't program their AI to provide any legitimate challenge.

Brody Fisher
Brody Fisher

Nah man, he did once but as I said, in his latest book he sounds as if he just wants to give up

Gavin James
Gavin James

Edgy Zelda
Wrong on so many levels, the two aren't even comparable

Robert Flores
Robert Flores

wanting "gateway" shit
That shit kills communities.

Xavier Murphy
Xavier Murphy

hide behind pillar
tom barges straight through pillar while jerry runs around and fucks you in the ass
You don't think I already tried that one?

Noah Ramirez
Noah Ramirez

Skilled crow gamer BTFO casual babby sparrow
Based

Andrew Gutierrez
Andrew Gutierrez

If you're not good at something and you can't get good, then stop doing it. Period.

Mason Jackson
Mason Jackson

no it's not

Isaac Moore
Isaac Moore

What the fuck do you mean by "communities", dark souls is a single player game
It's far from any game that takes actual effort

Caleb Hall
Caleb Hall

that one time when all video games were suddenly playing exactly like modern military shooters

Wyatt Anderson
Wyatt Anderson

tom barges straight through pillar
He can't.
jerry runs around and fucks you in the ass
Again, not really. Their AI is incapable of interacting with the pillars. You'd need to actually be off to the side or in an unfortunate coincidence where their models "slide" around the pillar for them to get you. Otherwise, they quite literally can't get through.

Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell

Wrong on so many levels
Nice 2008 rhetoric. Next you're going to tell my argument is invalid because you've got a picture of a cactus and then get diagnosed with something.

Julian Reyes
Julian Reyes

dark souls is a single player game
no it isnt

Noah Turner
Noah Turner

Dark Souls is perfectly accessible. I don't even mean it in a contrarian "it's actually easy" way. It is a difficult series. But it can be played for some length of time by any brainlet, and the controls/mechanics can be grasped very quickly. There are very few games that are truly inaccessible - hardcore simulators that require an understanding of the subject might be an example, or crazy kaizo games like IWBTG that go out of their way to be ball-bustingly difficult and obtuse. But the vast majority of games can be enjoyed by virtually anyone.

However, accessibility doesn't mean you are owed a win. You can play the game at any skill level, but you have to get at least a little good if you expect to beat it or play it at a pro level. However, it is also perfectly fine to just fuck around casually while realizing you will never beat the game. What isn't okay is expecting that you should always be handed a win. And that has nothing to do with 'accessibility'.

Isaiah Hughes
Isaiah Hughes

Uh oh, someone's been reading Know Your Mum

James Gomez
James Gomez

Only one using outdated memes here is you. Save it for the Darksiders 1 threads.

David Foster
David Foster

I really hope they keep it mostly the same but with some minor changes to backstabs and shit that means you cant chain or be chained.

Carter Price
Carter Price

I don't like difficulty modes in video games. Balancing a game is hard, balancing it several times is harder. Often games with difficulty levels end up with a "recommended difficulty" where it plays best. Dragon's Dogma is completely broken in hard mode for instance. On the other hand Stalker is broken in anything other than the hardest mode.

Games should be accessible, I agree. It's annoying to start a game only to realize that you suck at it and you can't make any progress. The good news is that Dark Souls is not like that, you have multiple paths as soon as you reach the shrine, places to explore, secret items to get etc... If you're good you'll progress fast, if you suck there's going to be a lot of trial and error and you'll use your souls to level up a bit.

If you don't enjoy playing Dark Souls that way then you just don't enjoy the game, that's it. Watch a let's play if you're just in it for the story.

Camden Watson
Camden Watson

I remember him just smashing the pillar to bits... Hmm... I'll try again then

Levi Bennett
Levi Bennett

people have different opinions
some people are anoying when trying to impose their opinion
yes, it's true

Aiden Reed
Aiden Reed

They can smash the pillars, but it's just a visual effect. The base of the pillar stays and so does its collision box.

Aaron Butler
Aaron Butler

I find funny the same people that say dark souls needs an easy mode also want to see videogames as art.

If I remember one of the mayor criticism that videogames could never be art its thats primary purpose its to entertain a consumer, to be "fun".

Isnt forcing a creator like miyamoto to add an easy mode goes against that? Its his vision of the game, forcing it to change it would be the same as to ask a painter to only draw what you want.

Most interviews I see from the games I like I always see that the dev team wants to make a game that they would like to play, that its fun for them while ignoring the public. Doesnt it prove that developers primary intention its to follow a vision that fulfill their pasions more than to please someone?

Doesnt that makes them the same as a painter?

Would you demand a painter to explain every piece they paint?

You need to experience things like they are meant to be experienced, faggot.

Angel Hughes
Angel Hughes

He smashes the pillars but a solid base remains. If Snorlax pushes his hammer like a plow he'll usually slide around the side of it and keep going, presenting the illusion that he went through it. Other than that the pillars do usually hold him.

Pikachu can do his light speed dash and if he locks onto it a second before you break line of sight with the pillar he might dash past it, pause for a second weirdly, then dash you a second time with a 90 degree turn. He's also very likely to move around the pillar since he moves so much faster and can keep pace with you.

source did my 100% replays recently

Lucas Morgan
Lucas Morgan

They can smash the pillar but the base of the pillar remains.
It can block most of their movement but sometimes something like a leap can go over or around or whatever.
Second phase Ornstein can easily get into a loop of throwing lightning bolts behind a pillar.

Souls AI really is kind of eh. Walks up to you and selects a random pattern of attacks to do based on range and rarely orientation and if you get it to the edge of its aggro radius then it walks back to its origin point which is pretty bad when its origin point and the edge of its aggro radius are sometimes a few meters apart because of level boundaries or some shit.

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

Getting familiar with a situation and using that to improve is skill though. Otherwise which game qualifies as skill-based game in your opinion?

Imagine a competitive FPS where one team knows the map and the other doesn't, or an RTS where one team knows what the units do and the other doesn't. Imagine a basketball game with a custom ball that one team trained with and the other didn't. Trial and error is integral to getting better at a game. There's no abstract notion of "skill", you're skilled *at something*, by doing it over and over again.

The only way to remove the trial and error aspect from Dark Souls would be to have the same enemy types with the same attacks throughout the game with only higher DPS and bigger health bars. Doesn't sound very fun to me.

Carter Miller
Carter Miller

I love Sup Forums
Thx guse :3

Liam Taylor
Liam Taylor

I don't see why you would think that; please elaborate

David Diaz
David Diaz

The only reason people give a fuck about Dark Souls and other edgy hard games having an Easy Mode is because you dumb tryhard fucks can't stop jacking eachother off to how cool you are for beating it.

The entire DS/Bloodborne fandom has been one gigantic dick measuring contest ever since Demons Souls dropped. Every general is a symphony of people mocking each others builds, insisting that THEIR way is the REAL way to experience the game.

At the same time you dumb fucks have been pissing off of your JO Crystal Tower onto the heads of everyone who doesn't want to engage in these dingy frustration simulators. You could've kept your experiences to yourselves, but no. You had to go and rub your palm flattened balls all over everyone to the point where every game thats gets released gets compared to Dark Souls in terms of difficulty. Even games that aren't even vaguely similar. If a character can die, game journos know they grab your attention by shouting "WUH IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAV ANOTHER SOULS-LIKE ON OUR HANDS!".

There's nothing wrong with games being hard.
But your incessant ass-sucking of a series simply because of it's difficulty is the reason for this "Make a baby mode for everything" backlash.

Matthew Cox
Matthew Cox

2nd panel crow speech bubble comes from the right
3rd panels reveals the crow to be on the left
it's shit

Dominic Hernandez
Dominic Hernandez

any ds game
hard
just press b/circle u fucking retard jesus smash it

Sebastian Howard
Sebastian Howard

You want it to be accessible to your target audience.
Anybody else can get fucked.

Unless you just want to ship copies in which case fuck yeah accessibility for the win. that's also how you get shit games.incidentally.

Kayden Ross
Kayden Ross

what if he's fast?

Matthew Nelson
Matthew Nelson

making it less of an experience
Damn you are an elitist. Why does it matter to you? No honestly, why does it matter how someone else accesses media? Should action replay be illegal? Should hacking? Nodding? Cheating? It dilutes the experience and makes it easier.
Just admit that you’re an elitist loser who needs dark souls to be hard for validation.

Lincoln Gutierrez
Lincoln Gutierrez

Go ahead and mod it to make it easier than. Or cheat to beat a boss. No one is stopping you. Just dont beg the devs to wipe your ass for you.

Benjamin Ortiz
Benjamin Ortiz

The crow caws with purpose, other birds do not

Henry Williams
Henry Williams

what the hell are you talking about? the franchise is popular because its selling point is that its punishing and challenging to the player. if you remove that quirk and changed the game then the franchise loses its only redeeming quality and becomes nothing more but a scenic walk simulator that nobody cares about because theres a million of them already in the market.

Kevin Gomez
Kevin Gomez

It matters when enough whining dipshits like you make the game less of what actually attracted anyone to it in the first place.

You have your games over there. I am not trying to take those away from you. Now YOU stop coming over HERE and shitting up everyone ELSE'S games and experience with them in the name of 'accessibility' and the need to consume everything. If you can physically play the fucking game and you still aren't very good at it, it's not because it's 'inaccessible' it's because you are not good at it. There is a barrier to fucking entry and you FAILED. DEAL with it.

Not everyone is fucking equal. Not everyone enjoys the same things. You are a square peg, so stop trying to force yourself to fit a round hole. There is plenty of media for you to enjoy without having to force the developers to change it for you, so stop trying to make every single thing something for you to enjoy, because in doing that, you make it worse for everyone else who liked it the way it was.

And if you want to mod or cheat or whatever? Fucking fine. Do that. Just don't claim you're as good as those who actually put in the effort.

Yeah I'm an elitist, because I'm a big enough man to admit when I am just shit at something and it's not a good fit for me. I believe people shouldn't try to be a homogeneous grey morass but should actually have something that defines them, that others can admire and envy, just as THEY are admired and envied and it's the same with games.

Luke Gomez
Luke Gomez

This.

Colton Martin
Colton Martin

Dark Souls already has the perfect dynamic difficulty.
Too hard? Summon up to two allies.
Too easy? Stay in human form and use dried finger.

Joshua Wright
Joshua Wright

It would detract from what the game stands for, which is go fuck yourself you're on your own, so no an easy mode would not work for this game.

Elijah Reyes
Elijah Reyes

*teleports beside you*
heh

Ethan Cook
Ethan Cook

/thread

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

there's 3 of them
the third one is diving from the sky to take out the tit

Nicholas Jenkins
Nicholas Jenkins

not CAW
Missed oppurtunity, to be desu.

James Hill
James Hill

This has nothing to do with art.
Music is considered art and has the exact same shit.
That's the point you fucking idiot

It's the creator's artistic vision; they made it that way for a reason. It was made by them for them, not for you (ofc, often artists selfishly want to make works which others will enjoy).

Noah Collins
Noah Collins

If something is beyond the qualifications in which I can enjoy it, it must be mutilated to fit my specific tastes.

And there's your problem. I don't like DS: I don't like its arbitrary difficulty, and have no interest in drudging from boss to boss and area to area for no real accomplishment except for the sake of accomplishment.

I applaud people who are good at it, because I could not achieve that myself nor have the patience to do so. To make the experience appealing to me is like sawing 900 meters from Mt. Everest and call the stump "good enough to qualify beating it": It is insulting.

I like games with more of a roleplaying aspect: The more information you remember of a world and the more you can apply it, the better you are. I don't see why those games need to be dumbed down for a wider audience.

Zachary Green
Zachary Green

Not everyone is fucking equal. Not everyone enjoys the same things.
You literally just proved you feel superior for being good at dark souls, and that’s honestly sad.
It really doesn’t matter, why do you care if the deva add easy mode you never need to touch?

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

I don't like this game, change it for me
Or just don't play it.

Daniel Lopez
Daniel Lopez

I am absolute fucking garbage at Dark Souls. The only reason I beat the first was because I completely cheesed it with a mage build.

Here's a funny fucking thought, bucko: You can be elitist and not actually BE elite. I am sitting here at the middle of the road in terms of skill and i like the fact that people can have different talents, different things they are good at to different degrees and I like the fact that games can appeal to different emotions; I like the fact that you can have games like Dark Souls which AREN'T so insultingly easy I barely feel any engagement at all or sense of triumph when I win. I like that you can have other games where the story's so fucking deep and complicated you can drown. I like games that appeal to wildly different segments of humanity. I like a varied. Fucking. Market.

What I DON'T like is when people like you try to make everything feel the same. Fuck off. You make things worse.

Oliver Sanders
Oliver Sanders

It’s more like
I don’t like this game because it’s too hard, but if it was easier I might buy it. If you want me to buy the game make it easier please.

Samuel Peterson
Samuel Peterson

Or just don't play it.

Tyler Jackson
Tyler Jackson

What r u, casul?

Blake Cook
Blake Cook

the virgin songbird
the chad corvid

Jack Ramirez
Jack Ramirez

Please explain to me how having an easy mode on top of a normal mode makes the game entirely easy and not worth playing.
People aren’t saying “make the next dark souls easy” they’re saying “add an easy mode”

Juan Reed
Juan Reed

and it remains true. if a product is designed with an audience in mind, and the non-audience doesn't like it, they should be ignored.

Charles Parker
Charles Parker

Dark Souls (1) would be alot easier for newer players if they knew how the weapon upgrade would work and how important they are.

Alexander Hernandez
Alexander Hernandez

They have to spend development time and money on the easy mode instead of the intended “normal” game

Also

I never learned how to swim so could you make the ocean shoulder deep mkkkk

Nathan Miller
Nathan Miller

Accessibility is important for sales of video games.
fixed

Luis Clark
Luis Clark

Depends on the game.
But it would undermine the meta of a game like souls as it would ruin the mechanics present in the game. '
If a game is too hard for you and you have to bitch at others to make it easier, maybe you're the problem.

Blake Wood
Blake Wood

The weak should fear the strong.

Leo Wilson
Leo Wilson

Arguing with soyims.

William Butler
William Butler

if dark souls was accessible it would lose its appeal instantly

Cooper Bennett
Cooper Bennett

take a minimalist amusing comic
take a giant stinking dump of words all over it and make it unfunny
Reddit.

Alexander Kelly
Alexander Kelly

That doesn’t make any sense, how does that dilute the experience for someone who would never touch the easy mode. you just don’t want other people playing the game and seeing the content because then you wouldn’t be able to feel superior to anyone for seeing the content.
How would it ruin the mechanics of normal mode? The easy mode wouldn’t affect you.
I agree that development time is a reason to be afraid, but I doubt that would really matter. Your second answer compares a force of nature that no one can control to a man made thing and that’s just silly.

Julian Green
Julian Green

Not everyone is fucking equal. Not everyone enjoys the same things.
You literally just proved you feel superior for being good at dark souls
Christ you're a fucking retard.
"Everyone's better at different things"
"Yeah well you're just an ELITIST who thinks he's a BETTER PERSON because he's BETTER AT ONE SPECIFIC THING"
Way to project your feelings of inadequacy. You should kill yourself, I'd bet you'll be great at it.

William Brown
William Brown

still too hard! I demand a brieferer version!

Camden Watson
Camden Watson

It would have to renumber and rebalance the game, making ok abilites and items OP it would be a nightmare. There is also a fact that it is not a wholly singleplayer game.

Wyatt Ward
Wyatt Ward

What? How does having an easy mode make the accomplishment less of a thing if you’re not simply being an elitist about it?

Oliver Gutierrez
Oliver Gutierrez

Its like a normal person participating on a retard olympics

Dylan Rivera
Dylan Rivera

is that the supreme champion duck?

Joseph Martin
Joseph Martin

How does that affect normal mode? Easy mode players play with easy mode players and it’s balanced around normal mode. I really don’t see a problem.
How is it anything like that? I honestly don’t a see parallel.

Elijah Edwards
Elijah Edwards

dark souls does have an easy mode, its called grinding so youre overlevelled

Jose Taylor
Jose Taylor

Isn’t it more like
the olympics exists and retards can’t compete
retards want easy mode olympics
Olympic runners reeee claiming it ruins the olympics because only those who can get good should be able to compete.

Jose Kelly
Jose Kelly

you do know lots of games have hard or impossible modes thats extremely challenging like dead space 2 and TLOU but the games werent known for those. Game theory dictates if theres a way to beat the game easily everyone will go for that route

Christopher Barnes
Christopher Barnes

Or upping carrying capacity and using heavy armor with the flip ring

Jose Green
Jose Green

So what you’re saying is if there’s an easy mode you wouldn’t be able to resist playing it? Some people did play those hard modes, how did having easy mode affect their enjoyment of super hard mode?

Jacob Allen
Jacob Allen

The 'tard Olypmics is completely seperate from the actual Olympics, though.
It's also a shit analogy because you literally do have to be good to even think about taking part in the Olympics. Hell, even the retards are fucking good at what they do and I doubt you (assuming you're able-bodied) could do better under the same circumstances. So we're back to square one.

Henry Murphy
Henry Murphy

I mean you made the analogy in the first place.
Now we’re back to my question
How does having an easy mode make the accomplishment less of a thing if you’re not simply being an elitist about it?

Charles Roberts
Charles Roberts

because asking for an easy mode for a game like dark souls is like going to a high end restaurant and asking for ketchup for perfectly good steak. sure, it doesn't affect the other people directly cause they can avoid, but you'll be treated like a barbaric and tasteless idiot that should've gone to a McDonalds instead. like the other user said, dark souls is a niche game and should remain a niche game and not compromise itself to appeal to retards who can't be bothered to learn the game and have to be spoonfed like other games even tough there is already an easy mode in the game which is summoning other phantoms. easy mode won't affect veterans, but with the influx of retards to series would alienate the core audience the games were made for in the first place. Easy mode is if they want to get $$$ at the cost of losing their base audience.

Anthony Campbell
Anthony Campbell

I'm just chiming in, I haven't made any analogies.

Justin James
Justin James

This.
80% of deaths in Dark Souls come from impatience. The first time you're exploring an area you have to be as careful as possible. Then, when you know what to expect, you can clear it easy.

Jace Harris
Jace Harris

This is too complex for me. Could you dilute the experience into something other than you intended so I can enjoy it because I want to but I just don’t feel like putting in the effort you want me to

Adrian Fisher
Adrian Fisher

Or sorceries if you're lazy.

Angel Flores
Angel Flores

Does someone beating DMC4 on Human with automatic combos on detract from the fact that you S-Ranked everything on Hell and Hell?

Mason Gray
Mason Gray

The wait staff will not treat you like a barbaric idiot, I mean if you're eating at their high end restaurant you likely make much more money than them. only people online with lofty opinions of themselves and their taste would do that.
Why does it have to be niche? Is it your secret club? Why do you care so much what other people enjoy? Why would it alienate the core audience other than they would have no reason to feel superior for seeing more content? If you admit you only play it to feel superior than I understand your point.

Julian Flores
Julian Flores

a fandom that jerks itself raw on "git gud" and how difficult dark souls games are is bitching about an easy mode that would allow less serious gamers to get into the series
Could Soulsborn fans be the shittiest fandom on Sup Forums?

Jace Collins
Jace Collins

Yeah, and games are more accessible than ever. In terms of disability, there are more options. Especially on the PC platform.
easy modes
Are a form of accessibility, and Dark Souls has it. All you have to do is play the cheesy builds. In DaS1, this was pyromancer. Just hit everything with fire blast and wow you beat the game, good job.
Souls isn't a hard series and I don't know why people get so upset about it. You can grind out practice and learn the patterns of an enemy pretty quickly. The only way this would be a problem is if you have a learning disability.

Personally, I don't play games for the street cred or to appease other people. So yeah, I typically play on lower difficulties. At most I creep up to a lower-hard difficulty, like in Doom. Why should I subject myself to masochism, when I could be having fun?

Also, y'all are posting in the comfy thread that is up right now. Comfy games are the epitome of "I don't want a challenge, I just want to relax". Easy mode. Tryhards can fuck off.

Liam Sullivan
Liam Sullivan

enter a community
tell them things need to change if they want you to stick around
get shat on

Anyway, every fanbase is shitty if you involve yourself in it for longer than 5 seconds. There are no exceptions.

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

allow less serious gamers to get into the series
And why?

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

How does having an easy mode affect the normal mode? Why does having an easy mode make normal mode less of a thing?
Because it makes more money. Why not?

Jack Young
Jack Young

Because the devs want to?
Are you 12?

Blake Gray
Blake Gray

literally the 'I AM SILLY' argument.

Developers are free to build the game around a single difficulty they feel is appropriate. It's all part of the story with all aspects of gameplay having a in game explaination. You are meant to overcome your struggles and plenty of bad gamers have managed it and felt better for their trouble.

Isaiah Jackson
Isaiah Jackson

In this kind of arguments people always forget the most important people: the developers.
What type of experience do the creator of the game want to give to the player?
If it's difficult, there is a reason behind it?
Yes, they could make it easier. But in that case people would play a different experience.
Maybe they would have fun, but it wouldn't be the experience the developers want to tell.

Dark Souls is not even very hard. It punishes the player for being impatient and not paying attention to details.
Also, the punishment set the atmosphere. The world of Dark Souls is grim, dark and ruthless.
When you see a dark alley or a new enemy, you must be scared of it. Exploring a new area must make you curios, but also anxious.
If you don't die by making mistakes, you won't feel the world like that.

Michael Cooper
Michael Cooper

Could you make this game easier so I can finish it before my wife gets back from Tyrone’s house

Aiden Cruz
Aiden Cruz

I'm all for having a selectable difficulty. Doing it that way, as you point out, makes it so the normal experience isn't effected by the easy one.
I think Souls would be improved by a selectable difficulty.

Robert Williams
Robert Williams

As an example, colorblind mode changing the color of the bars for your health as your state changes. Made a huge difference for me in left 4 dead.

Cooper Stewart
Cooper Stewart

Any game that can be beaten with non-stamdard controllers is accessible enough. Just because a game is difficulty doesn't make it unaccessible and people who complain it is too difficult need to play a different game

Hudson Allen
Hudson Allen

If the developers ever add easy mode you have given up all right to bitch.
Also, again, how would easy mode make the normal modes “grim gritty atmosphere” any less so? Why do you need to dictate how others enjoy the game?

Oliver Price
Oliver Price

It's utterly un-needed.

Maybe if the community was smaller and games absolutely had to fight for every single sale, you'd have a point. Maybe if there were less games out there, you'd have a point. But they aren't and there's not.

Just play a different fucking game. The whole POINT of Dark Souls, the whole POINT of the entire game is to struggle and overcome. Putting in an easy mode means you aren't playing the game for its core fucking purpose anymore. You have used developer time and resources developing something that does not serve to make their game a better product.

Stop demanding everything change to suit you. You have other stuff that is a better fit for you. Face it; the only reason YOU want an easy mode in games like Dark Souls is so you can say you beat them, without actually having to put in the effort your BETTERS do.

Mason Cox
Mason Cox

Thy're making enough, why would they want more?

Easton Cook
Easton Cook

This. Hard games interfere with my soy dinner.

Hunter Diaz
Hunter Diaz

I think Souls would be improved by a selectable difficulty.
And how would that apply to PVP? What is stopping me from stomping the game on easy to get all the OP equipment at a low level and going back to the starting area for easy kills on new people?
You're already allowed a small army of phantoms. This IS your easy mode.

Tyler Murphy
Tyler Murphy

How about you stop sucking dick at an easy game?

Jonathan Gomez
Jonathan Gomez

struggle and overcome
By simply playing a build that's more powerful. Wow, such hard, much adapt. Overcome. Achieve.

Henry Mitchell
Henry Mitchell

crow here

i'd be okay with an easy mode that merely gives the player more items and makes upgrades cost less, but dont make things less deadly or anything

an easy mode change i would support would be the chest in undead burg giving 15 lightning enchant stones instead of 3

an easy mode change i would never support would be enemies dealing less damage or poise break.

Jordan Diaz
Jordan Diaz

Giant fucking monsters don't have the same movement and stamina restrictions as a puny human
Wow, who would have thought. It's almost like the game would not be nearly as fun to play if the enemies didn't feel so much greater and stronger than you

Oliver Reyes
Oliver Reyes

Why in the everloving fuck would anyone subject themselves to pvp, or other players?
Fuck that.

Elijah Bailey
Elijah Bailey

And THERE you have how the game makes itself 'accessible'. You have found your 'easy mode'.

Now are you actually going to fucking refute my other points, or are you just here to further make sad attempts at mockery that only serve to show that your argument has no real leg left to stand on?

Dylan Rogers
Dylan Rogers

If the devs change their game because they think it's a improvement, sure. You'll always get people who will think they caved into pressure from babies though.

I figure a easy mode would have to be in the settings menu because like other gameplay aspects of the Souls games you wouldn't be able to weave it into the setting. Maybe someone could cast a spell messaging all the hollows to be nice to you.

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

It's mitigated when the aggro is divided. Most bosses can't comprehend more than 1 player at a time.

Jayden Martin
Jayden Martin

I honestly hate the combat in dark souls and wouldn’t play it even if it had an easy mode. I just want the fan base to realize they’re elitist losers who only play the game so they can feel good about themselves. Having an easy mode undermines this.
The whole POINT of Dark Souls, the whole POINT of the entire game is to struggle and overcome.
That’s literally an opinion. You are trying to dictate how others should enjoy a game. Why does it matter to you if some retard plays the game “the wrong way and undermines the point of it”? How does that change your experience of the game? The only way it does is by allowing more people to see it, and thus diminishing your feeling of superiority.

Christian Wright
Christian Wright

Whether you like it or not, multiplayer is a major thing in Dark Souls and a lot of people enjoy it, for better or worse.
The only way selectable difficulty could possibly be implemented would be to have anything under the hardest difficulty be automatically offline. How is that fair to the people that want to experience the online, but still play a lower difficulty?

Justin Fisher
Justin Fisher

I discussed that in the ass band post.
Souls isn't hard, and acting like it's a golden cow of such difficult gameplay is fucking stupid. You can grind out to learn the enemy's attack patterns unless you have a learning disability.
Someone asking for a selectable difficulty is asking for something that effects you in no way. You, who would prefer to play on the harder difficulty.
Souls fans are the worst.

Brayden Lewis
Brayden Lewis

FPBP
Get dragged OP

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

would you go into another community and ask for standards to be lowered so that you can participate? i understand not many people take video games seriously, because at the end of the day that's all they are, games. but the few people who have a passion for something of quality they enjoy, and can appreciate within this community want to preserve and keep what makes these games memorable and good. its a reason they are regarded as niche despite them being popular as hell these days. it a disrespect to what the original work was made for. see pic related. this is what the "elitists" see when they hear an easy mode for dark souls. a rape of the original work in order for retards who can't be bothered to put in effort to learn about the game and be patient so they can join in on the fun. i myself am good enough to beat dark souls games but i know i'm not good enough to join in on PVP. doesn't mean i want it to be dumbed down for in order for me to enjoy it.

Ethan Lopez
Ethan Lopez

I'm the fucker who immediately dismisses any invaders or just kills myself when someone invades, because going back to human is ridiculously cheap and easy.
Pvp is the ultimate cancer in online RPGs.

Henry Myers
Henry Myers

From caves into pressure to add a easy mode into Dark Souls.
just changes the name of the Pyromancer class to 'Easy Mode'

job done.

Dylan Bell
Dylan Bell

Popular as fuck game
Nearly everyone under 30 is aware of it's existence
Millions have played it and beat it
Beating it at level 1 and naked is easily possible
Still trending 7 years later and getting a remaster
"Needs to be more accessible"

Yeah nah how about fuck off

Kevin Sanders
Kevin Sanders

Read up on opportunity cost before you go into the workforce.

Nicholas Hall
Nicholas Hall

Due to the nature of DS multiplayer implementing an easy mode without harming longevity is a herculean task that is ultimately a waste of resources for a very small minority. Additionally, variable difficulty already exists in the form of summoning.
The difficulty is also a tool the director uses to create an oppressive atmosphere. By demanding it be changed, you're demanding an artist compromise his vision because you lack the expertise necessary to appreciate it. You're no different than a child upset about his older sibling getting more conplicated and delicate toys and demanding to be allowed to play with them in spite of the fact that you wouldn't use them properly and would break them in the process. This is especially damning since the Souls games are not particularly difficult even without summoning.

Jordan Davis
Jordan Davis

immediately kills themselves
I get free humanity and a sense of salt.

thanks I guess.

Matthew Sanchez
Matthew Sanchez

Crows are smart birds
/thread

Adrian Johnson
Adrian Johnson

You do know there are abstracts, summaries and review articles of books, specially academic ones, right?

Blake Turner
Blake Turner

Sonybro is shorter than the Nintendo guy

Samuel Murphy
Samuel Murphy

opportunity cost
Load of bullshit. You can't proove it exists.

Brandon Diaz
Brandon Diaz

But you also have to suffer through two loading screens and no fun, so there's that.

Jackson Long
Jackson Long

beating it at level 1 naked is easily possible
Beating most JRPGs at level 1/minimum level has been possible for decadesbut people even in 2018 still insist that grinding is a necessity. People are just retarded and can't grasp the idea of player-controlled difficulty if they aren't outright told that something is a difficulty option.

Mason Wood
Mason Wood

I think that's a tough subject, accessibility is nice sure but some games are crafted for an "experience" and the difficulty being reduced would take away from that experience. But, that said there's really no reason not to include a bitch mode or something but clearly state that enabling it would not give you the proper experience and disables achievements I mean, the game already has heath and damage scaling on foes just turn the dail the other way a bit and idk remove some harder to avoid moves from bosses.

Jeremiah Taylor
Jeremiah Taylor

No one is saying get rid of normal mode, they’re saying add easy mode. Your community can still exist. Seems like anything translated from its native language is an easy mode bastardization by your standards. “Want to read Kant? LEARN GERMAN YOU SCRUB”. People still insist that the only way to read Kant is in German, and I agree, but having a translation does not diminish the original work.

Camden Barnes
Camden Barnes

BAAAAAAW I CANT SUMMON 3 PEOPLE TO KILL THE BOSS FOR ME WITHOUT A MEANIE DOO-DOO HEAD INVADING ME :(

Jackson Parker
Jackson Parker

It's not just about PvP, though. There's co-op, too.
I'm not overly fond of PvP either, but I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy laying down a sign and co-oping bosses with people all day.
A selectable difficulty would drastically shrink my pool of available players, all because a game journalist wants in on something that wasn't made for her(male).

Liam Richardson
Liam Richardson

I'm not going to post a big stupid rant that's going to get drowned out, so I'll just keep it simple.

Boiling shit down for the least common denominator is why video games are this big shitfest of QTEs and walking sims in the first place. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being niche and not everything is for everyone.

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

Adding a lazy easy mode means either you split the playerbase or you gain an inherent advantage in multiplayer by playing on easy mode, either of which completely destroys the multiplayer aspect of the game. Fuck off with this shit, Souls doesn't beed an easy kode because several already exist in each game.

Angel Collins
Angel Collins

Also, again, how would easy mode make the normal modes “grim gritty atmosphere” any less so?
You see an enemy. A disgusting demon crow with two heads.
You charge like a brainless idiot.
Get hit.
Now:
You die
"Shit, that monster looks dangerous and IS ACTUALLY dengerous."
So, you know that things can easily kill you.
You lose 1/5 of your health, you kill the crow anyway.
"Kek. The monster looks dangerous but it's actually very easy."
When you'll see a new monster you'll think "Cool", but you won't be afraid of it anymore.
Even if the game is all grim and dark and SP00KY, why should you be anxious if those scary things can't kill you?

Also, I'm not dictating how the game should be.
I'm just saying that the devs decide this sort of things.
They made 5 games this way, so I'm deducing that this is probably the kind of experience they want to deliver.
If the devs honestly want to introduce an easy mode in the future, well, it would be fine for me.
But if they don't want to, I find the players who pretends an easy mode pretty obnoxious.

Chase Hall
Chase Hall

I'm considering learning how to program just so I can make a game that's ball-busting hard and have the easy mode called "game journalism mode". I wanna see if they'll swallow their pride to play it.

Anthony Anderson
Anthony Anderson

There are games where not grinding just results in hour long fights. See Ys.

Jaxson Jenkins
Jaxson Jenkins

Why would it decrease the pool of available players for co-op?
Who says anything about how the game is designed?

Luis Flores
Luis Flores

You can't prove it doesn't.

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

Same with vidya, its called lets plays.

Owen Russell
Owen Russell

the truth is: I dont fucking care abaout some shit game called dark souls. I couldnt care less if the game didnt exist at all. Also the game isnt that hard. Its just medium difficulty with scary design you suckers

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

The city of OP

Jackson Hughes
Jackson Hughes

no shit people play it cause it's hard. it forces you to learn and in doing so, makes you think about the lore in series and everything around you. you're on a video game forum where people who have should have STRONG feelings for video games come to discuss these topics. why is it so hard to accept that people want to keep what makes the game memorable alive and not deviate from its core audience? you call them elitist losers but would you say the same thing about people in ANY other hobbies who want to keep their thing the way it is if not better? there are so many games out there that cater to common guy who just want s to play fun vidya after a day at work. they only want more accessibility so they can say they beat it too. why else would they do it? the story? walking around and seeing the atmosphere? that's why people are mocked when they ask for "accessibility"

Jacob Martin
Jacob Martin

Except Ys has you constantly at an acceptable level if you arent a retard who misses treasure and upgrades.

Owen Rodriguez
Owen Rodriguez

So you’re saying the easy modes atmosphere wouldn’t be the same? How would that affect normal modes atmosphere? I agree that the devs can do what they want, but I’m not arguing what the devs should or should not do. I’m arguing that dark souls players who are against easy mode are only that way because they think it would prevent them from feeling superior.

Adrian Garcia
Adrian Garcia

I AM SILLY

Camden Moore
Camden Moore

he plays on normal
wow

Alexander Morgan
Alexander Morgan

Because why should some guy playing on easy have end-game weapons in the world of some guy struggling through an area on the hardest difficulty?
It throws matchmaking out of the window completely.

Parker Morales
Parker Morales

Again how would adding easy mode make normal mode any different?

Luke Wright
Luke Wright

Hardly a setback, invading by it's nature has a fair bit of waiting around. Failing to connect or low activity areas. People who panic and die before you find them or people who just disconnect to try and spite you. If someone opts out of a fight you just try and try again.

Dark Souls 2 it was annoying because invasions were a limited resource. In the original Dark Souls you could just sit by Anal Rondo and spam invasions until you got that fight you wanted, or more likely fight the gank squad.

Carson Mitchell
Carson Mitchell

A flock of crows is called a murder. Does this mean an uncomfortable truth is called a murderpill?

Evan Bailey
Evan Bailey

Would the other way around even be a problem in the first place? Would the Kirby's Epic Yarn playerbase complain if Nintendo added a completely optional Nightmare mode to their easy, failproof game?

Hunter Peterson
Hunter Peterson

As always people seem to forget that accessibility has nothing to do with "dumbing down" or dropping skill ceiling. Accessibility is to give a less steep curve to learning the game, simple as that. And Dark Souls was notorious for not explaining shit which can add to an inexperienced player's frustration.

Zachary Anderson
Zachary Anderson

Epic Yarn is pretty challenging when getting 100 percent.

John Allen
John Allen

This does make sense, but what if they had easy mode pvp and normal mode pvp? It wouldn’t lower the amount of players in normal, because no one who plays dark souls for the reasons listed in this thread would play on easy.

Camden Scott
Camden Scott

You say it does, the burden of proof is on you.
I say economy should be based on solid facts, not "what if" fantasies.

Ryder Adams
Ryder Adams

What economic facts do you know, brainlet?

Owen Jenkins
Owen Jenkins

No actually I play on nightmare. Defense values are unaltered by difficulty you retard. It only changes enemy damage, HP, and attack patterns. Additionally only being a level or two off the already low estimation the bosses are balanced around is only a small liss in damage output as long as you didnt skip chests or trips to the shop like the same kind of retards who think Souls needs an easy mode.

Juan Perry
Juan Perry

Multiple reasons:
Dev time is now built around balancing that mode.
They have to rework entire systems such as invading can only be locked to that mode which means you have less victims in the normal mode, summoning which means less people to help in the normal mode, Gravelording, etc due to how many more items you would have on you to make it easier on you.
It now means the developers will have to pay attention to people who played on the easier mode since they become part of the market as well and thus it dilutes the experience for the normal player due to them trying to find a middleground in development.

The Souls games already have an easy mode in multiple ways:
Summoning NPCs or other players who can literally carry you because they already played the game.
Using cheese methods such as magic, pyromancy, or miracles to just slaughter bosses from afar.
Looking up a guide for the easy to obtain incredibly powerful weapons such as the Great Scythe or Gravelord Sword in DaS which are literally one area away from Firelink Shrine and only require you to fall instead of kill anything.
Kindling a bonfire nets you +5 Estus Flasks for a total of +20 in DaS1 and you can unlock this ability less than 20 minutes into the game with a single summon.
You can simply overlevel killing easy enemies like the skeletons in 4-1, Black Phantom Skeletons in 4-2, I don't remember what you could kill in 1 or 2, running any Chalice Dungeon in BB.
Just run past the enemies once you learn their locations.
DaS2 literally despawns enemies if you're not in the Covenant of Champions.

Hell, you can already pull enemies one by one in every game that isn't called Dark Souls 2 with a bow so you never have to encounter more than one enemy at a time.

Asher Diaz
Asher Diaz

Wait it totally does exist. You have 20 years for you’re business to operate before you retire. On year 5 you make 20,000 but could have made 50,000 if you made a different decision. That year is gone and you missed out on 30,000.thats a fact!

Mason Rodriguez
Mason Rodriguez

Unless easy mode changed invasions to be purely optional while online, people would have easy mode PvP characters just to shit on easy mode players. Think of how many people already make low soul level twinks to invade starting out players. It's the same mentality.

Thomas Gonzalez
Thomas Gonzalez

Post steam profile and let me check your achievements, if you are so great.

Kayden Stewart
Kayden Stewart

it starts with easy mode and ends up with the dumbing down of the entire franchise. people already have the "sit on the couch after a long day of work and relax" games out there. they only want an easy mode in order to say they beat dark souls as well. because the story is in pieces in dark souls and all the lore is practically made up by the fans. what is the point? so they run through game and add to the pile of beaten games? the game is fun as it is and it's super fun when you have a buddy to play with you if that's what you need. there is no point to adding an "easy" mode just so that stacy and bob can see what fuss is about the game.

Justin Morgan
Justin Morgan

Sounds like a maintenance nightmare. Not to mention the extra balance and testing teams ramping up development costs for absolutely no reason.
The whole thing is just pointless. I'd be willing to bet more people bought the game falling for Namco's BREBARE TO DIE! meme than did because they thought it looked like a genuinely interesting game. They can't just turn around and say "whoa wait this isn't what I expected at all, pls change it"

Nolan Morgan
Nolan Morgan

but could have
But could have not. If you didn't make something you didn't make it. You can't predict the future.

Gabriel Lopez
Gabriel Lopez

tell me this is an edit and not what the original comic says

Owen White
Owen White

Because then you have a split playerbase. Everyone looking to do co-op will be on normal mode because theyre not "playing for story" like the easy mode brainlets. Everyone looking to summon will be on easy mode because theyre babbies looking for a carry. Everyone looking to invade will be on easy mode because they want to stomp newbies/shitters. So you have everyone on easy mode unable to summon competent phantoms and constantly getting invaded, and everyone on nornal unable to get summoned.

Jackson Adams
Jackson Adams

The absolute state of OP

Gavin Gray
Gavin Gray

it's a edit.

Bentley Anderson
Bentley Anderson

Make one where the crow is a re6 fag thinking he matters anymore or one where the crow is a Sylux tard trying to fancraft the next metroid title

Leo Morgan
Leo Morgan

Dev time is now built around balancing that mode.
the increase in cash flow from adding an easy mode and bringing in a new playerbase would more than cover the dev time. If the priority was still normal mode would you be upset?
They have to rework entire systems such as invading can only be locked to that mode which means you have less victims in the normal mode, summoning which means less people to help in the normal mode, Gravelording, etc due to how many more items you would have on you to make it easier on you.
not if they developed it for normal mode and just added easy mode after.
It now means the developers will have to pay attention to people who played on the easier mode since they become part of the market as well and thus it dilutes the experience for the normal player due to them trying to find a middleground in development.
again if they just added easy mode i dont see a problem.

Leo Taylor
Leo Taylor

So you’re saying the easy modes atmosphere wouldn’t be the same?
Yep.
How would that affect normal modes atmosphere?
The normal modes would be the same. I would have an identical experiece.

My point is that the devs probably want all the players to have the "true" experience, the one they decide it's the right one.
If at this point they still didn't put an easy mode in the games, I think they don't want players to play like that.

I’m arguing that dark souls players who are against easy mode are only that way because they think it would prevent them from feeling superior.
Well, I think that's true. Part of the community is actually elithist (if you go on /mhg/ you can often see soulsfag acting like assholes). Personally, I don't think like that.

Jason Lee
Jason Lee

Longtimenosiege
I dont remember if my profile is private or not but you can see my score on the leaderboard. My Galbalan tome was 2.29 so it should be pretty high up still

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

If the crow is anything relating to the RE crowd he is a de-facto RE4 fan.

Nathaniel Rivera
Nathaniel Rivera

if you read what i wrote earlier you would know that i said that it wouldn't affect the GAME itself but would alienate the core audience the games where made in the first place. why is that so hard to understand?

Nolan Peterson
Nolan Peterson

Yes, I used to be one of the Ds needs an easy mode shitters until I actually played it for more than a few minutes it practically needs to be hard or else it's just a boring slog through some neat looking locations

Andrew Jones
Andrew Jones

There are countless problems posted over and over again ITT stop being obtuse. Also easy mode hardly creates new revenue when only about 3 people are stupid and incompetent enough at life to both want to play Souls "for the story" and be so bad at it that they can't beat the game with summons or a trainer

Levi Collins
Levi Collins

And you wonder why you're a virgin

Brandon Wright
Brandon Wright

but there must be a reason youre against stacy and bob playing the game. That reason is you want your accomplishment feel like something. If stacy and bob could breeze through it you wouldnt feel special.
Youre playing games for the wrong reason

anyway i gotta dip ill be back later to explain more about why you guys are idiots

James Campbell
James Campbell

RE doesn't make sense here. Every game in this series cince 4 is completely different game, not the same game with lower difficulty.

Grayson Gutierrez
Grayson Gutierrez

tfw don't know what "de facto" means
looked it up after using it in a sentence
I swear I heard someone using it like that please don't bully
haha
ha

Luke Myers
Luke Myers

this is perfect situation on why it would be bad. shitters would ruin easy mode either way unless they completely disable invasions and summons.

David Thomas
David Thomas

Can someone make the bird Sup Forums background picture? Thanks in advance.

Cameron Jones
Cameron Jones

How would easy mode increase revenue? It does nothing to draw in new players. If you're getting your ass beat, then you've already bought the game.

Nolan Hill
Nolan Hill

Nah, the comic in OP is irrelevant. I meant it more like anytime a classic RE fan says literally anything the RE4 fans start screaming down the house about how their game was just THE tightest shit.

Cameron Powell
Cameron Powell

would more than cover the dev time.
We're not speaking of a monetary sense, we're speaking more in the sense of them taking time away from completing more areas or refining other things because now they have to balance two separate modes, the damage you deal, the damage enemies deal, etc. They already barely finished DaS1 properly and tons of things are either rushed or cut, and DeS had an entire area cut. You bring more people in but lose more time polishing the game. This isn't something like Dead Space where you just tweak the damage you take and give along with some ammo drops and you're good to go, you have to balance like 80+ weapons, magic, bosses, each individual enemy, the way you heal, and so forth because it also has a multiplayer component you have to factor in.

Adding an easier mode will just waste time and take away from half the point of the game which is learning from your surroundings and learning patterns and exploiting them to proceed and fail to teach you how to proceed properly because you can just tank everything. It's like if I gave a brand new player Havel's Ring, the entire set of Havel's, 40 VIT, and an endgame +10 weapon and every bonfire was enhanced three times. You wouldn't have to learn anything because you could fling yourself at every single boss and tank through the damage because you could just heal yourself with your 20 Estus Flasks to full health.

Xavier Jones
Xavier Jones

fucking rekt

Michael Diaz
Michael Diaz

Make subtle changes so let's players and journalists reveal their retardation without knowing. Something you & maybe dataminers would only notice.

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

/thread

Aaron Rodriguez
Aaron Rodriguez

If you play easy games that's fine but don't demand that every game caters to your casual ass, there's games that would literally die if devs made them more casual to appeal to scrublords. It's ok to be a casual faggot, but not every game is for casual faggots.

Kevin Diaz
Kevin Diaz

kinda.

An easy mode would definitely detract from the game though. Part of the appeal is that you need to be on your toes and smart about your actions in an environment that'll kill you for being careless.

If the environment won't kill you for being careless, who really cares? There are hundreds of popular games with easy modes that you can mash face through, why do you NEED to play Dark Souls if you aren't the target audience?

Samuel Brown
Samuel Brown

The game is unfinished as it is. You want them to finish even less because they have to make 2 separate versions of each level? They could just tweak numbers but that's the laziest kind of easy mode.

Elijah Evans
Elijah Evans

doesn't shit on his windshield
Based birb

Isaiah Brooks
Isaiah Brooks

But Dark Souls is accessible.

Leo Foster
Leo Foster

It's not fucking difficult to make an easy mode that can still be interesting, jesus christ. Just reduce the amount of damage enemies can do and increase the amount of health that they have to compensante for the fact that you're spamming your attacks more without thinking.

Aaron Foster
Aaron Foster

the increase in cash flow from adding an easy mode
So what you're saying is, throw away all of the marketing they've already don. Drop that strategy, it was proven to be wildly successful but we don't want that. And instead add an easy mode in contradiction to the old marketing and start up a new marketing campaign that somehow justifies it?

Michael Howard
Michael Howard

Oh, and reduce the poise damage that you take so that you can facefuck bosses more.

Ryan Powell
Ryan Powell

I want games to be accepted as an art form
btw I also want games to be made easier/dumbed down for the masses

Adam Martin
Adam Martin

you're such a dense idiot you know that? I've said repeatedly everything you're supposedly using against me.

People play the game cause its hard and makes them feel proud.

people also PRIMARILY play the game Because it is FUN and CHALLENGING and REWARDING

easy mode would undermine the roots of the game and what made it so noteworthy in the first place. NO IT WON'T AFFECT NORMAL MODE IF THEY DISABLE SUMMONS AND INVASIONS FOR EASY MODE. we don't go on other forums asking for the difficulty to be spiked up so "hardcore gamers" can enjoy the game. there are tons options for the casual gamer out there that makes them feel good for beating the game. there is no reason to undermine one of the last games people are passionate about just for the sake of inclusion and $$$. i honestly can't make this easier for you man if you're such a brainlet who just skims over what i type.

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

He's completely right, the only thing hard with Dark souls is having time enough to memorize all the dumb shit your enemies do and figure out timing etc.

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

doesn't shit on the windshield

What the fuck is the point then you fucking faggot bird?

Adrian Sanchez
Adrian Sanchez

Dark Souls has a so-called easy mode, but I think you'll find that every enemy becomes a giant sponge of HP, making it the true hard mode of the game.

Gavin Wood
Gavin Wood

The last time someone tacked on an easy mode (STALKER) it broke the game. It's a lot more work than you think it is.

Cameron Watson
Cameron Watson

memorizing patterns
not adapting and beating bosses and enemies in one go

BRAIN+LET = (You)

Isaac Ramirez
Isaac Ramirez

And the last time someone tacked on a hard mode (DaS2), nobody gave a shit about the balance or the consequences.

Carson Taylor
Carson Taylor

In that pigeons are retarded and ravens are very intelegent?

Yes

William Martin
William Martin

be Dark Souls
offer NPC phantoms to beat bosses and clear areas, DS2 even lets them cast heals on you. This mechanically breaks most of the boss fights as they aren't designed to split focus
have no level cap or permanent despawn (SotfS offers champ covenant) so farming a disgusting soul level is possible
healing is trivial in every game, via kindling/humanity/lifegems/shit loads of estus + estus drops from enemies to say nothing of regeneration or miracle builds
plenty of game breaking items, builds, and play styles
needs an easy mode

Caleb Butler
Caleb Butler

It's literally impossible for anyone to beat the entire game in one life without having played the game once before.

Prove me wrong lad, or I won't fuck you in the ass tonight.

Jonathan Brown
Jonathan Brown

crows are best birb. other birbs cannot even compete

Wyatt Wood
Wyatt Wood

he is a polite bird you fucking pigeon-lover

Owen Sanders
Owen Sanders

intelegent

Jordan Edwards
Jordan Edwards

The big thing is that most people have no clue about basic combat tricks that the game doesn't teach you directly, like dropping your shield for stamina regen or the fact that rolling has iframes or how many iframes specifically it has (which is kinda clued in via the animations, but not really). The real easy mode would be to force these people to understand those tricks or make them easier to catch.

Benjamin Barnes
Benjamin Barnes

literally impossible
It's possible, just unlikely. What makes it unlikely isn't the difficulty though, it's that the game employs got-cha moments like the first time you get torched by the dragon. Or the first time you get torched by the DLC dragon. It is entirely possible that someone clears the game on their first go without ever dying to a single boss.

Dylan Powell
Dylan Powell

I could prove you wrong but for some odd reason i don't feel like it.

Henry Peterson
Henry Peterson

It's up to the developers. If you want to make a game that's accessible to everyone, go for it

At the same time if you want to make a very difficult game, that's just as viable.

It's like movies. Not all movies are Disney Animations. There's violent movies, or movies with adult concepts, and both are fine.

Its up to the artist. Anyone complaining about games being to hard have a perfectly viable option. DON'T PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Xavier Butler
Xavier Butler

now post the real version where he's just rolling.

Luis Turner
Luis Turner

does this person really think that the devs/bamco haven't thought of putting in an easier difficulty ever since the success of dark souls 1? like the thought never crossed their mind to appeal to a wider demographic by adding in an easy mode? there are plenty of modern games that are as hard or harder than dark souls if you select the higher difficulties. but the souls games have gained their reputation because of the fact that they force you to play on one difficulty mode, not despite it

Landon Powell
Landon Powell

And you're laziness should not be rewarded for not taking the time to learn the game as it is now before dumbing it down with a easy mode

Jeremiah Hill
Jeremiah Hill

Don't pretend like you wouldn't like it, I could hold you and give you little kisses.

Anthony White
Anthony White

"But user, as a casual I wouldn't even know of a third of those strategies because I don't bother reading anything or exploring at all. Why can't I just walk through everything so I can see what's so cool about the Dark Souls games?"

These are the people who want the "easy mode" that want things like a skip combat and god mode cheats when they don't succeed on the first try.

Mason Torres
Mason Torres

What about the first Seath fight?

Jose Gonzalez
Jose Gonzalez

Who's pretending? We could go to the park and cuddle while eating ice cream.

Cooper Sanders
Cooper Sanders

It is true. DS could have an easy mode, yeah but the games are build around their difficulty.
All this "accessibility" talk often forgets that difficulty isn't something that games slap on at the end of development. Many games(and most older games) build the whole experience around the "difficulty". Because its more than just a term.

Difficulty impacts level and enviromental design, pacing, enemy placement, even atmosphere and affects playstyles a lot. You can make enemies easier but you cannot re-design the experience.
I don't have anything against an easy mode, but it'd would flood the world with a lot of "is it just me?" or "am I not getting it, whats the appeal?" posts than we already have.

Austin Davis
Austin Davis

Why do you care what other people enjoy
You're the one ruining what we are enjoying by demanding an easy mode for a game that doesn't need one and wasn't intended to have one

Robert Howard
Robert Howard

accessibility is not important in video games. it's the same shit as any non-video game. learn how to play chess or fuck off.

Jacob Cox
Jacob Cox

T.

Kevin King
Kevin King

Literally everything wrong with videogames in one post, and the proof 90% of persons in this thread and Sup Forums has no fucking idea about game design.
A game must be ENTIRELLY a fair challenge to the player's skill and/ or strategy, and if you can't beat it in your first try then it's based either in memorization, RNG, or both, and the only reason you morons allow this shitty style of designing games is because you know nothing better, as it has become the main rule in game creation thanks of the stagnation of the medium.

Xavier Hill
Xavier Hill

I don't have anything against an easy mode, but it'd would flood the world with a lot of "is it just me?" or "am I not getting it, whats the appeal?" posts than we already have.
It's almost like Dark Souls has problems and people overrate it, but because of the difficulty, the lid is put on the people who would point out those flaws.

Anyway, the key thing about this is that the people who complain wouldn't play it in the first place otherwise, which is just more money for From since they caught them for at least one game, and those who do enjoy it are gonna buy their next game which increases sales more in long term. Just look at Monster Hunter World.

Isaiah Morales
Isaiah Morales

An easy mode would kill the mystique of Dark Souls.

The whole sales pitch for those games is that it's a challenge intended for "hardcore players" (like myself ;)

The whole point of it being difficult is its entire point. You take that away, and then it becomes a lot less unique.

Grayson Martinez
Grayson Martinez

thread should have ended here

Grayson Turner
Grayson Turner

casuals wouldn't be able to complete this game

Connor Garcia
Connor Garcia

I think it's a sign that nobody has any pride or enjoys a sense of accomplishment anymore. People just want free handouts across all of life and when something goes bad, they just whine and become victims until it goes away. Translate this to videogames and here you have this argument.

Anyways, I reinstalled Dark Souls 2 for the first time in forever, and DS4Windows doesn't work anymore, and neither does the built in driver with Steam. Am I just fucked if I want to play it with a DS4?

Kevin Jackson
Kevin Jackson

game must be fair challenge
so you should flawless it first try
are you fucking retarded?
do you know what those words mean?
You genuinely sound dumb as fuck, to the point I'd wager you consider shit like viewing a boss pattern and learning their abilities as "memorization".

Leo Ramirez
Leo Ramirez

if you can't beat it in your first try then it's based either in memorization, RNG, or both
or maybe you shouldn't blame the game for your own shortcomings and instead work towards doing better the next time?

Noah Bennett
Noah Bennett

If a game is too hard for you, why want an easy mode? Why not go and pmay something else that's in your skill range? Why does every game have to be fully accessible to every single person on the planet?

Owen Hill
Owen Hill

game has lots of optional features to help players like shields, summoning, kindling and leveling up that they can use(or stop using) whenever they want
nooo we need a hard setting that cuts enemy damage or whatever
Fuck game "journalists".

Brayden Baker
Brayden Baker

Save points every few feet
Free infinite source of healing from the start of the game
This can be upgraded over and over to be even better
Leveling system lets you eventually overpower the game with stats if you couldn't pass it with skill

How much easier do the soyboys want it to be? It couldn't be more fair of a bargain. It's a game perfectly set up to coddle the unskilled but deep enough to reward anyone willing to put in effort. What's the issue? So scared of the idea of losing HP they won't even take openings given to them? So aggressive they won't accept any strategy other than brainless attack mashing?

Christian Harris
Christian Harris

No. Not everything is for everyone.
I can barely play above normal difficulty in rhythm games, and I've accepted it's because I'm not good enough and haven't invested the time to get good.

Brayden Perez
Brayden Perez

Dark Souls 3 was bad not because it was hard, but because it literally had only one trick
"Guy with sword with attack that needs to be dodged imminently and attack that punished for dodging imminently"

Gavin Reyes
Gavin Reyes

muh content
Just watch it on youtube then

Joseph Russell
Joseph Russell

These exist for videogames too. They're called Twitch streams and Youtube Let's Plays.

Nathan Foster
Nathan Foster

Difficulty is an important part of pacing and gameplay.
Forcing the player to interact with all of the aspects of the game is an incredibly important part of the experience, and you're ruining some of the most important features of that experience if you never struggle.
This is double the case in story oriented games. The game should exhibit its tone and themes through gameplay, and the player should do his best to follow along. If he cheats, the impact is lost.

Think about how unrewarding it is to watch the best ending of a game on youtube instead of in engine.

Isaac Adams
Isaac Adams

friend complains about Midir being too hard
tell him he's completely optional and just rewards a single covenant
"yeah but it's unfair of the devs to hide lore behind a boss that some people might not be able to beat"
I was genuinely speechless for a few minutes.
The kind of people asking for any easy mode in Dark Souls are the kind that also don't want to admit that it's solely because they're just bad and don't have the skill to get better. I've had a bunch of discussions about this exact issue with this friend and each time I have to tiptoe around just straight up saying "If the boss is too hard why don't you just get fucking better?" because I know he'll launch into "waaah waaah muh work hours waah waah wageslave woes etc." (he's done it before when I said that it's all just about time to practice). If you can't beat something in a videogame that's on you, this isn't climbing a fucking mountain, unless you literally have no hands or brain you can play and get better at a game, the devs shouldn't have to ruin the experience of the game just because you're too used to everything being handed to you.

Hudson Davis
Hudson Davis

people get salty as fuck when they die in a video game
why though

Julian Allen
Julian Allen

Dark souls IS accessible.If you can't play it it means you're retarded.

Carter Perry
Carter Perry

So more people can have fun
If the easy mode does absolutely nothing to effect the rest of the main core game, then who the fuck cares.
Being an exclusionary contrarian is pretty immature
theres really no logical arguments against adding an easy mode if it doesn't change anything about the game
Fans who want the traditional challenge can have it still
Easy players can try the game out and maybe even work their way up to harder modes, something they might not have tried if those options weren't there.

Cameron Lewis
Cameron Lewis

Is ok user that's how we learn and grow as people you fucking downsey piece of garbage

Sebastian Lewis
Sebastian Lewis

watch the best ending of a game on youtube
This is the root of the problem imo. Although I do enjoy watching games and there's something to be said about being able to see games you'll never actually play (don't own the platform, no intention of buying it etc.) it also creates an atmosphere of instant gratification. You watched this funny meme video of Dark Souls where a guy beats the game with a ladle? Haha how funny. The game isn't actually 5 minutes of edited footage long and requires some effort to get the gratification of winning? Wtffffff??!?!?!

Hunter Wright
Hunter Wright

Observing sub atomic particles actually changes their behavior. We're in a dream.

Kayden King
Kayden King

Losing in a skill based video game is harsh. Particularly when you know the game was legitimately being fair about the whole thing. Huge wind ups you should have been able to dodge. Attacks do enough damage to be scary but still so little as to give you plenty of chances. So why did you fail? Maybe you got too hasty. You gave in to panic. Either one causing you to dodge too early out of fear of being hit. You let your chance to strike back pass you buy cause of any number of factors only you controlled.

All leading to only one common link. You. You are at fault. You weren't good enough. Rather than seeing a chance to improve, the majority of people simply see themselves as failures.

Nolan Walker
Nolan Walker

That is what happens when people get to adulthood without ever being told they're wrong. It's the same with the retards who get offended over everything, it's just people who were never taught how the real world works.

Benjamin Edwards
Benjamin Edwards

So more people can have fun
Not every game is made for everyone.
We don't have a habit of designing games that can be beaten by the blind, for instance.
The challenge is often a vital part of the game's story, mechanics, and pacing.
If you aren't willing to put in the effort to overcome those challenges, you aren't getting a genuine experience, just a shallow facsimile.
I don't think anyone should cater to people who want such things. That kind of attitude which demands everything be accessible without difficulty is one which is destructive to good design.

Isaiah Green
Isaiah Green

An easy mode in a game designed to be somewhat challenging is like designing a hedge maze then handing everyone that enters it a pair of hedge trimmer "just incase", what was the point of making the maze in the first place?

prove this statement wrong

James Hernandez
James Hernandez

If the easy mode does absolutely nothing to effect the rest of the main core game, then who the fuck cares.
if
this is you're argument, and it's retarded because it will and heres why
make game
game is like this and were done with it
make game again, or not?
we choose not

Easton Adams
Easton Adams

hiking is accessible
no, there needs to be an elevator
Ahaha, fuck off

Oliver Campbell
Oliver Campbell

To add to this people also often get angry because they can't admit this. They aren't used to a game actually pushing back and so even if they obviously fucked up it was the game being "bullshit" or "unfair" and anyone that tells them to suck it up and take another swing is an "elitist asshole". When someone who can't admit they're at fault keeps fucking up solely by their own fault it starts to really fuck them up as there's nothing to direct that petty rage at, so it goes towards the game rather than themselves, because how could THEY possibly be at fault?

Nicholas Williams
Nicholas Williams

the crow should be saying it needs accessibility and the little birb should be saying that it doesn't and getting drowned out by the vocal minority

Evan Parker
Evan Parker

Different person but I don't really mind easy or hard modes cuzz like you said it doesn't effect my experience. However developers may not want an easy or hard mode because it might dilute the experience they intended. Dark Souls was designed to be played on one difficulty because thats the feeling they wanted to evoke they didn't want you to be able to skim past a boss cuzz you pushed a setting, they wanted you to adapt and change to the scenario to overcome the challenges they put forth, whether you cheese it or actually do it. It all just depends on what the developers want the player to experience.

Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Dark Souls needs the Nioh treatment.

tutorial level that shows all the basics
then training mode where all the basics are shown again
then first level where the basics are shown AGAIN
then way of the warrior dojos where all the basics are shown AGAIN
then menu page where all the basics are shown AGAIN

Cameron Wright
Cameron Wright

it's not a matter of "accessibility" the Dark Souls games are just really tedious, intentionally. either you like them or you don't.

the true part of this is that there are screeching retards who can't accept that not everyone likes the same things and spam LMAO GIT GUD XDDDD because they think this is /r/gaming and they want those precious upvotes.

Ryder Bailey
Ryder Bailey

The maze doesn't cost 60$ to play.

Jayden Cox
Jayden Cox

game is built entirely around being punishing, not difficult, and if you have patience and pay attention it's actually quite easy
casuals just want to sleepwalk through it so they can say they beat the popular game
The game isn't killing the bosses. The game isn't seeing the credits roll. The game is overcoming the tough but fair difficulty curve every step of the way. Without that, with an easy mode that fundamentally changes the experience, you have no game.

Liam Lopez
Liam Lopez

I would hate this, but then the majority of people are fucking retarded. Christ, I remember when handholdy tutorials were loathed just for existing. Now we're at the point the same hand holding tutorial needs to be done 5 times?

Carter Johnson
Carter Johnson

These two are honestly perfect analogies. To the people whining about 'elitism' and asking how someone elses experience cheapens your own: What if you climbed the tallest mountain in the world and then the dude who got a helicopter to drop him off at the top was allowed into the same press events and got the same medals etc. as you? Would you feel that was fair? You absolutely cannot tell me you would think he had accomplished the same achievment as you. You can't take the easy route and expect people who took the hard one to see you as an equal, because you aren't, you're lesser. You took the route that required less skill and you're being treated accordingly. This isn't elitism so much as it's simple fucking fact. Should you be allowed to stand on the same winners pedestal as Usain Bolt because you jogged to the shops? Fuck no.

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

This would be better with just birds.

David Martinez
David Martinez

This. I have a normie friend who wears Dark Souls shirts and talks about the games and stuff and yet I know he literally just summoned his way through every single entry. People like this just want the 'gamer cred' of saying "Yeah I beat Dark Souls, no big deal ;^)" but they didn't actually beat it, not in the sense of the actual challenge and reward the game intended. If anything the game beat them. They weren't good enough at it and weren't willing to put in the effort to get better so they just took the easy way out the game was dangling infront of them. Maybe it is elitism? It most probably is, but it still infuriates the fuck out of me that someone like that can consider themselves equal with people who actually put some effort into the game.

Oliver Kelly
Oliver Kelly

every game should be accessible to me the person who only plays video games occassionally
What other genres do this?
Normies don't protest in front of art movie teathers demanding that Dogme films be dumbed down to the level of Transformers.

also, fpbp

Asher Reed
Asher Reed

Duck Souls

Justin Hernandez
Justin Hernandez

Not every game is made for everyone, that's fine, and I don't think every game should be made for everyone, genres and varying game types exist for a reason. I think genres should play harder to their strengths if anything.
I think the blind analogy is a little poor, of course we don't design games for the blind because that's so far off the mark. Video games are partially a visual medium, sight is required by nature, that's not to purposely exclude the blind, that's just the nature of the beast.
Challenge is relevant to the game a player is playing as well. But usually games with difficulty settings tend to be designed with challenges to overcome to some extent.
I disagree as far as what makes a "genuine" experience. Once the devs have put out their product, how each player will perceive it is extremely subjective. I don't think accessibility has to equate to a shallow experience.
I don't think keep an easier mode in mind has to be destructive to good design at all, it really does depend on the mindset of the dev team of course but I think Ninja Gaiden Black is a perfect example
I honestly could never beat the original vanilla Xbox NG. Loved the game but always got stuff on the titty lizard lady that smashed through the church after you come up from the underground.
But in Black I gave Ninja Dog mode a try to familiarize myself with the game and eventually worked my way up to playing on some of the games hardest difficulties.
This is an ideal/perfect example of how difficulty variety can be implemented to give more players a chance at enjoying all the game has to offer while not losing the core design philosophies of the game

Ryan Thompson
Ryan Thompson

just watch zizek's review

Carter Reyes
Carter Reyes

I like this one. Sorry in advance for Afro Souls shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c

Xavier Sullivan
Xavier Sullivan

It makes you sound like an old man when you say it but it really is because of the instant gratification that our devices provide us with now. Want to watch a funny video? Here's literally millions, one after the other, enough to last you your whole life. Want to read something? Here it is, instantly. Want to chat to someone? No worries, here they are, constantly and instantly available almost 100% of the time, if they aren't then they're weird. Want to play something? Here's a thousand million games that give you instant gratification and within which you can pretty much literally buy a reward response from your brain. All at the touch of a button and sitting in your pocket nearly 24/7. Not a lot is hard anymore, so when the average "normie" comes across something that is, what do they do? Ask for a way to bring it closer to what they're used to. Closer to easy, instant reward and falsely earned bragging rights.

Sebastian Anderson
Sebastian Anderson

games in general shouldn't have difficulty selections, it really does remove the consumer from what the developer's intended experience be like.

what are we supposed to think about these games? was 'easy' the way it was originally developed? did the higher difficulties just give the enemies higher health and damage output?

was 'hard' the original intention? did the easier difficulties require them to slow down the AI of the enemies in the game to compensate?

accessibility is a stupid argument, because it then demands that a game creator give up some part of their own control over the product they're making in order to attempt 'mass appeal', further deviating them from the game they wanted to make to begin with.

I'm not the best at video games, this decision would probably bar even me off from some content I would have otherwise played, but if there were no difficulty selections, I may have found games more enjoyable in general, to play it knowing that's how it was supposed to be.

Evan Carter
Evan Carter

the game intended
The game gives you the option to summon, therefore it is intended.

Jose Williams
Jose Williams

I don't understand what you're trying to say?
Of course there's an if because these are hypothetical situations. OP's thread was starting from the "what if there was an Easy mode in DS1" question and there isn't.
What does adding an easy mode have to do with making a game again

Gavin Collins
Gavin Collins

I think the blind analogy is a little poor, of course we don't design games for the blind because that's so far off the mark. Video games are partially a visual medium, sight is required by nature, that's not to purposely exclude the blind, that's just the nature of the beast.
I used the blind analogy because it's someone who is by nature unable to appreciate videogames through no fault of their own.
Regardless of whether or not it is in someone's ability to complete a game, the game should never be held back because of this.
how each player will perceive it is extremely subjective. I don't think accessibility has to equate to a shallow experience.
Horseshit. The game requires the same things of everyone. While it allows some degree of freedom in how the player goes about accomplishing the goals it sets, there remains a high degree of similarity between experiences. Given a certain target audience (all people who share a common interest!), they will all be very likely to have similar reactions.
Given a set of standards and expectations, everything can be analyzed objectively.
Deconstruction is useless when applied to experiences in art and culture, don't you fucking forget that.

Including an easy mode invites people from outside of the target audience to enter the discourse of the game and weigh in on the direction it ought to take in the future. You shouldn't ever try to be inclusive to the point where your game is attractive and accesibly to everyone, because you will end up with a dilute and dumbed down experience in the future.

Obviously people can't start hearts of iron 3 without ever having playing a Paradox game and expect to go full speed ahead into an axis victory, and obviously there needs to be documentation and pacing to allow enough room to learn. But this should be done naturally through design, not by incorporating a mode which compromises the challenge building over the course of the game.

Liam Sullivan
Liam Sullivan

If you can't play a game, then don't play it. You aren't entitled to play or enjoy every single game in existence. I don't like JRPGs, so I don't play them. I wouldn't demand that Atlus make Persona 5 into an RTS game to appeal to me.
Nobody argues that sports should be more accessible. Should we make games like football and rugby more accessible so even little typhoid Johnny can play from inside his iron lung? By making a game more accessible, you have to fundamentally change it. You can't have complex and in-depth games while also having them be accessible to everyone on earth.

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

I don't know why not being able to do something has suddenly become such a massive problem desu. If I'm playing an old retro or arcade game and I can't beat a certain level, oh well, I couldn't beat it, I tried my best but that's it. It was fun but I'm going to need to get better to see the other levels. Maybe I'll take another crack at it, if I care I'll probably come back and do it again until I can pass the level I couldn't. And if I can't then I simple don't get to see the rest of the game. I'm not sure when that simple fact became "problematic".

Jaxson Jones
Jaxson Jones

dark souls
hard
lolno. Games where you have effectively infinite lives and there are no serious consequences for dying repeatedly are not hard. Souls games are games that assume you aren't retarded when you play them and punish you with being sent back to the bonfire if you are retarded.

That's how it is on NG anyway. It's when you start going through multiple NG+ cycles that the bullshit starts.

Brandon Ortiz
Brandon Ortiz

Accessibility is important in art. My stickman sketches should have just as much value as The Death of Marat.
Accessibility is important in cooking. My grilled cheese should be just as good as coq au vin.
Accessibility is important in video games. My inability to play Dark Souls shouldn't matter, Dark Souls should be made easier for me.

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

Dark Souls really isn't that difficult though, it's difficulty is designed just like old school titles is all. The first time through most areas feels difficult, long, and eventually you're praying for the next bonfire.
Then you get to the boss, die, and repeat. But each time you make the run back you get sharper and realize more efficient ways to kill the latest enemies and the fastest path, which often times is actually a short run to the boss gate.
Rinse repeat. This isn't even accounting for knowing builds or what gear to look for which makes most of the Souls games, save some bosses, easy mode until later NG+'s.

Luis White
Luis White

I can't experience this game for myself, therefore I want to change the game for everyone else who can already experience the game by demanding the game be changed so that I can experience it as well.
Just fucking watch a Let's Play on YouTube or something. If what you want is a """cinematic experience""" then just fucking watch someone else play it, you don't even have to do anything yourself.

Grayson Bailey
Grayson Bailey

I

Luis Bell
Luis Bell

No it doesn't, retard.

Oliver Long
Oliver Long

T

Carson Reyes
Carson Reyes

it became a problem, I think, when reviewers came into the equation, and helped dictate what people bought, if some retard at IGN says the game is too hard, oh well, that might just turn off a chunk of their readers from even attempting to play the game, even if they might have otherwise enjoyed it.

I think the problem would really go away if the game review environment and it's self-sustaining poison on the game industry went away.

if quality control was back in the hands of game companies and not the consumers themselves...but then, maybe as development costs and time investments into making games rose, they got lazy.

Anthony Rodriguez
Anthony Rodriguez

therefore I want to change the game for everyone else
t. fucking retard
An easy mode doesn't change normal mode.

Jason Perry
Jason Perry

Fpbp. Fuck off pigeons.

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

It's when you start going through multiple NG+ cycles that the bullshit starts

How? The enemies are just as easy on NG+, they just have a bit more hp.

Tyler Miller
Tyler Miller

Imagine Escape From Tarkov had hitmarkers and 3D spotting. Yeah, not everything needs to be accessible and it isn't elitism either, not every game needs to be enjoyable for everyone, they are not making the video game for you personally.

Aiden Collins
Aiden Collins

Yea especialy because you will start with "full gear"

Levi Turner
Levi Turner

Reviewers have always been part of the equation. What differs is the barrier to entry of reviewing games. Any cunt can do it now.
When I was like 12 it really did seem like the reviews I read in the magazines were written by people who really loved video games. It's not quite the case now that video games and the internet have totally blown up.

Noah Bell
Noah Bell

There wasn't as much money in it back then, people usually reviewed games as a side project along side their regular editing/writing work.

Aiden Barnes
Aiden Barnes

Found Demon's Souls and Dark Souls really intimidating when I first played them.
Beat them anyway.
Look at me I'm a big beta male, blah blah blah.
All games should have easy modes, blah blah blah.
I let college girls decide my opinion on things, blah blah blah.

Andrew Nguyen
Andrew Nguyen

S

Sebastian Myers
Sebastian Myers

Accessibility just means the game can plausibly be played by everyone. It should have nothing to do without difficulty. Just like diversity is all about backgrounds and experience, and should have nothing to do with race.

Leo Mitchell
Leo Mitchell

Samefagging this hard

Angel Anderson
Angel Anderson

WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN

Levi Butler
Levi Butler

I'd like to enter maze
I worked hard on making this maze, so that'll be $60

Dylan Ward
Dylan Ward

The game does have difficulty settings
NG with summoning
NG
NG+

Christopher Roberts
Christopher Roberts

Dark souls is popular because it forces you to take the path it gives, there is no easy mode so you have to practice and feel the accomplishment of getting better at it.

Almost everyone that loved it would of put it on easy mode when they failed to kill a boss two times in a row and finished it in a day.

Austin Martin
Austin Martin

It may not change normal mode but it devalues the sense of accomplishment you feel when beating it.

Jaxon Jackson
Jaxon Jackson

NG+ is easier than NG until you get to the point where you fully upgraded your weapon. Even after that you're good enough to have much easier time.

David Richardson
David Richardson

I honestly don't understand the too hard meme. if you seriously don't like the trial an error mechanic, just pic up a guide and summon non-stop and bam, it's a piece of cake
I just think that this series was made in mind with the whole trial and error thing as a centerpiece, and if you don't enjoy that part then the game is simply not for you. this is the equivalent of people complaining about RTS metafests, complaining about too much micro, when you have a wonderful elo system that tells you in which skill level your kind of gameplay fits in

Ethan Morgan
Ethan Morgan

It depends on the game. If a game is literally meant for children but played by adults then having both modes is okay but if a game is meant for adults and not nu-males, then just one mode is fine. Let them cry.

Julian Martin
Julian Martin

Yeah accessibility is bullshit, and dark souls is in fact perfect. Games aren't supposed to be easy. If they were all easy why would you even play them? Yet it remains to stay mildly challenging without having to add more bullshit hard difficulties. If I play a game for an hour on normal and it's a retarded cake walk I'm dropping the boring shit, I'm not gona go replay that hour on hard mode or nightmare mode, witch is literally always enemies are buffed. I'm gonna find a different game.

Carson Rogers
Carson Rogers

lmao. you could be fucking a girl right now, but your posting on Sup Forums instead, but your okay with the devaluing of your lifes accomplishment right now somehow

Jason Fisher
Jason Fisher

Part of the experience of dark souls is it being hard so you can feel helpless, it isn't hard just for memes it has a significant importance to the game. Games shouldn't be made for everyone if someone can't play through dark souls well then they can't play through it. Simple as that.

Robert Reed
Robert Reed

What the fuck. The Souls game while shtick is that they drop you in this intimidating dark fantasy world pretty much without any context. If subsequently the interaction with that world would be like walking through babby candyland the whole experience would just be nullified.

Dark Souls is not about LOL SO HARD AMIRITE, but about creating a consistent, interactive world. The challenge is necessary if you want to make it immersive and believable.

Chase Anderson
Chase Anderson

challenge
just shit hitboxes and clunky interaction
lmao

Jason Williams
Jason Williams

I like games with more of a roleplaying aspect: The more information you remember of a world and the more you can apply it, the better you are. I don't see why those games need to be dumbed down for a wider audience.

But that's what Dark Souls is all about, user

Nathaniel Sanchez
Nathaniel Sanchez

People who talk about sex the most are people who get the least sex.

Xavier Turner
Xavier Turner

clunky interaction

Please elaborate. Dark Souls' controls, while simple, have always felt very responsive and predictable to me.

Elijah Lee
Elijah Lee

underrated

Easton Brown
Easton Brown

Kevin Kelly
Kevin Kelly

Don't get salty when I lose at vidya
Instead get unreasonably sad and disappointed in myself

Joseph Parker
Joseph Parker

Dark Souls REALLY isn't that hard. Just build tank if you plan to get hit. If you want to be a dexterous ninja that dodges everything and hits for massive damage, don't get mad if you're not actually good enough to dodge.

Nathan Ramirez
Nathan Ramirez

look at the line directly above that lmao

dark souls player, not even once

Ryder Taylor
Ryder Taylor

This. Pigeonlets can fuck off.

Thomas Ortiz
Thomas Ortiz

summoning was easy mode all along

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

why fp is always bp?

Carter Gray
Carter Gray

prick

Jace Diaz
Jace Diaz

but have you beaten Terror from the Deep

Easton Reed
Easton Reed

I'd be pretty mad too if Eddie redmayne played me in a biopic.
Dude looks like someone stretched someone elses skin over a manequin.

Eli Fisher
Eli Fisher

no pickle posting

Easton Lopez
Easton Lopez

Monhun
enemies/world aren't bound to the same rules

You mean sliding? Because god damn, this idiot never fucking used a lance then if he thinks sliding was exclusively a monster-only thing.

Nathaniel Walker
Nathaniel Walker

Observing sub atomic particles actually changes their behavior.
Because observing particles actually means basting them with energy and detecting the energy bouncing back.
It's like driving on a highway at night and throwing a burning basketball out of your car and noticing the fat kid on a scooter you hit because it bounced off his front wheel pushing it in an unknown direction, you don't know where he's crashed because you know were he was.

William Lewis
William Lewis

Dark Souls
roleplaying
If you sexually identify as sonic the hedgehog, possibly. DUEDLMAO PRAISE THE SUN XXXDDDD

Adrian Butler
Adrian Butler

that's because the crows are cawing important information to the rest of their group. All the other birds are saying is "fuck me" with varying degrees of urgency

Cameron Morris
Cameron Morris

To be fair that just makes it more accurate

Wyatt Davis
Wyatt Davis

Cockatoos/Ravens>crows>macaws>ducks>chickens>everything else

Ethan Bennett
Ethan Bennett

Dark Souls literally isn't that difficult though.

Joshua Watson
Joshua Watson

But its the darksouls of videogames, of course its the most difficult and dank thing ever xD

Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson

Meme game for meme people.

Benjamin Perez
Benjamin Perez

What is the purpose of a video game?
Sell.

Nathaniel Clark
Nathaniel Clark

"Soulslike"

Matthew Cook
Matthew Cook

dark souls
hard
I wish this meme would end

Leo Watson
Leo Watson

don't reply to me ever again

Luke Barnes
Luke Barnes

But anon-

Brayden Collins
Brayden Collins

can somebody post that MSpaint comic about the alienation of the core fanbase after something gets popular and normies invade? I'm pretty sure that applies here.

Liam Hill
Liam Hill

"Soulsbourne."

Hunter James
Hunter James

stop that. this place is slowly making me more accepting of passable traps and that's not okay

Kevin Gonzalez
Kevin Gonzalez

retarded shit that you thought was from the right is actually from the left
Subtle.

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

what game?

Christian King
Christian King

he's clearly catching a ride

Robert Campbell
Robert Campbell

did you stop reading at the quote?

Carson Lee
Carson Lee

Stay away from /fit/ then. It's turned me into a pseudo/faux faggot

Gavin Powell
Gavin Powell

Went there a few days ago and very nearly considered picking up my phone and searching for traps in the area on the relevant services. I have a gf.

Ian Cruz
Ian Cruz

second fang
Is Asstolfo a vampire now?

David Rivera
David Rivera

you get guaranteed healing when the boss is attacking the other player and a lot of the sun bros have put 1000 hours in and never get hit

Asher Fisher
Asher Fisher

Yes. Birds are cool

Adam Walker
Adam Walker

Having carrying difficulties doesn't portray the game the way it is meant to be played imo. Though when it comes to games like diablo and grim dawn the harder game mode just means enemies have more skills which is comparable to your own character

Christopher Lewis
Christopher Lewis

snatched up mfer

John Richardson
John Richardson

accessibility and ease are probably the worst things you can possibly do to anything you can think of. look at what discord has done because it's easier for retards to use than IRC. look at what videogames have become. look at this website.

Jack Perry
Jack Perry

If a game is in a huge part defined by its difficulty, allowing an easier difficulty does dilute the experience. There is also a certain rush from perfecting the mechanics/timing/etc., that many players would not get if they were allowed to step down to an easier difficulty.

I'd be amenable to having to having a cheat/code to unlock to make it an active admission that you are playing an unintended gameplay experience, by which the player makes the tacit admission that they aren't good enough.

Haven't really played Dark Souls but have an appreciation of difficult games.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson

Well, actually yes, literally.

Noah James
Noah James

There is an easy mode for every single game.

It's called Twitch or YouTube. It's so easy you won't even have to play it. Enjoy, now go fuck yourself.

Sebastian Jenkins
Sebastian Jenkins

Chofl sounds about right. Godspeed user.

Hudson Campbell
Hudson Campbell

Chofl

Ethan Powell
Ethan Powell

Saddam got pked chofl

Ryan Diaz
Ryan Diaz

the sweet fuck
this just raises more questions. Is he okay? Which one of us is having a stroke?

Jaxon Diaz
Jaxon Diaz

Honestly I don't even know what I'm talking about half the time, but gosh darn do I enjoy it.

Brayden White
Brayden White

The games difficulty doesn't come from the enemies, stage design, or smart AI. it comes from the limitations placed on the player. It's bad for the same reason monster hunter is bad.
The entirety of Dark Souls' difficult comes from stage design and enemies you fucking moron.

Noah Hall
Noah Hall

If it had movement and combat like any normal third person game it would be piss easy, don't delude yourself user.

Noah Barnes
Noah Barnes

pigeon fags on suicide watch

Michael Davis
Michael Davis

If it had movement and combat like any normal third person game it would be piss easy
There isn't anything wrong with the movement or combat at all. And Dark Souls is piss easy you shitter.

Angel Taylor
Angel Taylor

if the games not for you its not for you why do mother fuckers think theyre owed something why doesnt barbie race and ride have a hard mode this is prejudice i demand satisfaction

Anthony Young
Anthony Young

the absolute lack of self-awareness in this thread would be of academic interest to a psychologist phd/grad student

Oliver Anderson
Oliver Anderson

too bad you didn't graduate, huh?
Also if you're job title doesn't have the word "engineering" in it then you didn't graduate.

Justin Perez
Justin Perez

i'm am angry at this

Alexander Lewis
Alexander Lewis

being so booty-blasted after losing an argument you made an epic meimey depicting it for everyone to witness for ever after
lmoaeing @ u kid

Christian Jenkins
Christian Jenkins

This book is too difficult to read! All books need a picture book mode!

Sparknotes exist for people who don't want to take the time and effort to read, just like you can go watch a let's play if you can't get good. The Witcher 3 only has a piss easy no damage taken mode because it has really good dialogue system and cutscenes. Dark Souls pretty much wouldn't be worth playing if it was easy.

Luis Thomas
Luis Thomas

You sound like a sanitation engineer.

Hunter Brown
Hunter Brown

I had no idea how to use magic for the first 10 hours.

Andrew Foster
Andrew Foster

t. media relations engineer

Nathaniel White
Nathaniel White

All games should be made to appeal to everyone and it's not okay for there to be a niche of challenging or difficult games.
Even though I am clearly not the intended audience of this series I demand it abandon that niche audience that enjoy it for what it is so that it can cater to my needs instead!

Jeremiah Anderson
Jeremiah Anderson

Anymore more crow vs bird comics that are Sup Forums related?

Nicholas Gonzalez
Nicholas Gonzalez

SJW and girl gamers in a nutshell

Charles Jones
Charles Jones

PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP GUYS

Jackson Butler
Jackson Butler

I'm sure Nuzlockes are very fun for you then.

Aiden Adams
Aiden Adams

This.

Jaxon Stewart
Jaxon Stewart

ITT: we don't understand /biz/

Adrian Garcia
Adrian Garcia

well literally anybody can start the game and play it without any prior knowledge of anything and anything in the game is beatable if you try enough times, seems accessible to me
dark souls needs an easy mode
its called using a guide

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page