Xavier Flores

http://www.vgchartz.com/db/game.php?id=182673

It sold a total of 370.000 copies

All urls found in this thread:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/949770-arc-rise-fantasia/55457719
http://archive.is/TMh9e
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/eu-study-finds-piracy-doesnt-hurt-game-sales-may-actually-help/
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/04/nintendo-incredible-second-quarter-thanks-switch/
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-q2-financial-results-fy32018-switch-at-7-63-million-shipped-total/
Dominic Jenkins
Dominic Jenkins

Piratefags killed Metroid and 3DS

fuck live

Jeremiah Cook
Jeremiah Cook

making a 3ds game after literally everyone has homebrewed their 3ds
serves nintendo right
just move to the switch for fuck's sake

Logan Baker
Logan Baker

VGChartz
lol

Luke Perry
Luke Perry

reminder that no one uses this site unironically, every vgchartz mention is straightforward shilling

Cooper Morales
Cooper Morales

Not surprised. Fewer people than you think give a shit about Metroid.

Camden Turner
Camden Turner

Nintendo DS was easy as fuck to pirate yet it made tons of sales.
Metroid fans are just bitter hypocrites as usual.

Parker Flores
Parker Flores

vgchartz

even uganda knuckles shitposting is less pathetic

Thomas Diaz
Thomas Diaz

makes a mediocre game
blame fans because they didn't bought mediocre game
Then people say gamers are entitled instead companies who like to sell shit and got offended when not everyone buys it

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

I pirated it and it was shit. Not surprised it bombed.

Sebastian Jenkins
Sebastian Jenkins

I thought Sup Forums liked this game. Are you telling me Sup Forums isn't one person with a single static opinion?? What the fuck!

Michael Fisher
Michael Fisher

Switch version when?

Jace Jones
Jace Jones

Wasn't there a site saying that it sold 500k worldwide?

Isaiah Flores
Isaiah Flores

outsourced remake did poorly
Considering how hacked to hell the 3DS is, 370k is amazing

Joshua Howard
Joshua Howard

vgchartz
lmao, wheres an actual Nintendo investor report?

Nolan Wilson
Nolan Wilson

Meanwhile AM2R was universally praised.

Connor Howard
Connor Howard

VGshartz

that said it's probably not off a lot, no one cares about 2D metroid anymore

Caleb Foster
Caleb Foster

tfw Xenoblade Chronicles is doing better than Metroid
tfw Fire Emblem is doing better than Metroid
tfw Splatoon is doing better than Metroid
tfw Star Fox is doing better than Metroid
tfw Metroid has such a poisonous fanbase that Nintendo would be better off making a new Sci-Fi game and leaving the unpleasable neckbeards behind.

You miserable cunts, this series is gonna die and it's all your fault.

Elijah Mitchell
Elijah Mitchell

that's not bad for a metroid title.

Elijah Sanders
Elijah Sanders

the Metroid fanbase is a vocal minority
Wow, how surprising.

Bentley Young
Bentley Young

Make Star Wolf

Sebastian Clark
Sebastian Clark

prime 4 will sell gangbusters

implying

Levi Ward
Levi Ward

game was mediocre anyway

Jason King
Jason King

prime 4 will sell gangbusters
Prime has never sold gangbusters.

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

Sup Forums liking a game has nothing to do with how well it sells
though Sup Forums often likes to brag when sales are good, because apparently this matters

Levi Brooks
Levi Brooks

oh, well i blame the 3DS then. should have just released it on the switch.

Matthew Fisher
Matthew Fisher

Or we know when a game is shit. They threw that game together to shut fans up instead of making something decent.

Henry Gonzalez
Henry Gonzalez

nah i was playing the much superior version aka AM2R, i had no interested in that ugly looking game, seriously why they didnt go full 2d with sprites, game texture in 3d looked ugly and ridley in the end was stupid, could have been much better, the game had pratically ZERO story

Chase Ortiz
Chase Ortiz

I blame the 3DS
gamecube games sell over a million/2million

Justin Gomez
Justin Gomez

v
g
>chartz

I guess you're new so you're unaware, but the entire site is fake news and has been this way for over a decade. There's a reason the industry ignores this trash.

Blake Perez
Blake Perez

It's a remake. It's not like it had a budget or anything. 300k is probalby plenty. :/

John Wood
John Wood

In order to determine if it "bombed" or not, expected sales need to be considered.

Jeremiah Scott
Jeremiah Scott

Good! Fuck this Other M 2.5D cancer.

Justin Cruz
Justin Cruz

holy shit THIS many people bought a 3DS? i thought it was a meme toy no one actually used.

Carson Sanchez
Carson Sanchez

wasn't advertised as a brand new Metroid
was barely advertised as it is

I think someone at Nintendo just hates Samus.

Grayson Gray
Grayson Gray

We
NIgga, don't play that revisionist shit, people were saying both A2MR and Samus Returns are equally good if different takes.

Carter Brooks
Carter Brooks

This doesn't bode well for Prime 4

Chase Moore
Chase Moore

Prime 4 is likely going to sell fucktonnes becaue it's hit that "hype" stage where it's "Gaming royalty" and even if people who didn't play Metroid, pretend to like it for gaming cred.

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

are you the same retard that's posting vgchartz console sales in another thread?

i hope you're just trolling, nobody can be stupid enough to still believe vgchartz numbers

William Nguyen
William Nguyen

I actually really enjoyed this game. The parry system was something new and different and at least added some sort of strategy on basic enemies and using the circle pad for aiming was such a nice feature. Music was amazing, added boss fight was great and added a little characterization. Chozo lore was interesting for those wondering what's next.

All around solid game. Not amazing, but I honestly don't understand how people could think it's shit.

Asher James
Asher James

I want that bastard to moon me

James Howard
James Howard

outsourced remake did poorly
I unironically hope that Metroid Prime 4 shits the bed for the same reason.
I want Nintendo to fucking bleed to almost death so they can feast on their own arrogance and kikery.
Their no fucks given attitude of the past couple of years is alarming. Their faces need to be curmbstomped into shit so they learn some modesty and respect again.

Ayden Murphy
Ayden Murphy

This.

Dylan Peterson
Dylan Peterson

the only people that think it's shit are retards that unironically cite vgchartz as a credible source

Nicholas Hall
Nicholas Hall

We don't know if prime 4 is outsourced

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

no its not

Elijah Jenkins
Elijah Jenkins

I wasn't too impressed with the remake imo. I still have my GB copy of Metroid II

VGChartz

Ayden Collins
Ayden Collins

I knew vgcharts wernt accurate but fuck thats litterally just guessing

Aiden Hughes
Aiden Hughes

That’s not bombing for a AA 3DS game shithead that’s a profit.

Nolan Garcia
Nolan Garcia

...that doesn't seem true

I recall that Samus Returns did pretty well, unless I'm mistaken.

That or >VGChartz

Jace Bennett
Jace Bennett

I bought one so....can't blame me.

Gabriel Evans
Gabriel Evans

This, sales fags need to fuck off back to >>>r/eddit/.

Eli Fisher
Eli Fisher

reddit > Sup Forums

William Davis
William Davis

Then go back.

Bentley Young
Bentley Young

This
Nintendo's marketing department is garbage. Plus they don't let youtubers lets play their games which is basically free advertising.

Jose Morgan
Jose Morgan

wouldn't be the first time

Owen Williams
Owen Williams

return whence you came

Juan Bailey
Juan Bailey

No, Nintendo killed Metroid and 3DS by:

a. Making Samus Returns doodoo 3D with shit models
b. Releasing the Switch

Jayden Sanchez
Jayden Sanchez

nah reddit controls Sup Forums, you fags tell people to go back but 99% of channers users reddit, reddit gives life to this plance and you know that right ?

Jose Torres
Jose Torres

99% of channers users reddit
but where are the proofs?

Xavier Howard
Xavier Howard

No, piratefags killed Metroid

Jason Ross
Jason Ross

visit reddit and u will see

Jace Bailey
Jace Bailey

I dunno, they're still making MP4 so I guess Metroid is still alive. Plus I think Samus is one of the Switch avatars.

Eli Miller
Eli Miller

i don't want to go to reddit.

Anthony Reed
Anthony Reed

Even who commented about this without shitting on vgchartz is an idiot or a falseflagger.

This post is 100% the best, all others suck.

Easton Thomas
Easton Thomas

Keep Metroid and Star Fox on ice for years and half ass games when fans demand for a game
bombs
ZELDA MARIO SMASH ZELDA MARIO SMASH for years and years
Constantly and consistently does well
It's a mystery

Dylan Parker
Dylan Parker

Isn't that more, "99% of redditers go on 4chan"?

Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez

I could see it selling 3 million plus if it has online multiplayer.

Zachary Roberts
Zachary Roberts

Keep donkey kong on ice for years and half ass games when fans demand for a game
returns sells over 7 million

oops. No one cares about a 3DS remake, everyone's waiting on prime 4. Star fox zero was straight shit.

Kevin Watson
Kevin Watson

metroid fags whine about no metroid
get a metroid still don't support it
they stop bothering with metroid
"wah where's metroid Nintendo wah"

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

THis

Joshua Hall
Joshua Hall

10/10

Christopher Lopez
Christopher Lopez

Any metroid fan that pirated the game deserves everything they have coming to them
I hope you don't buy Prime 4 as well just so Nintendo can permanently ignore you kek.

Nathaniel Gutierrez
Nathaniel Gutierrez

*raises paw*
What if I simply did not buy the game? I'm not gonna play trash just because it's free.

Ethan Lewis
Ethan Lewis

i'm a metroid fan, but the fanmade remake was way better

also the 3DS is dead, the game came out too late

Leo Garcia
Leo Garcia

Donkey Kong was never in dire straits the way Metroid and Star Fox were.

At least DK had good games, meanwhile Nintendo half-assed games or just made shit games like Federation Force, Other M, Command, Assault, Adventures and yes Zero.

Connor Young
Connor Young

DK didn't have a good game since 64 until returns came out

Levi Sanchez
Levi Sanchez

yfw Prime 4 bombs because Metroid has never sold a ton and Metroidfags already hate it simply because Retro isn't making it

Grayson Gonzalez
Grayson Gonzalez

same goes for Starfox

Ian Perez
Ian Perez

I bought a 3ds just to play samus returns then sold it and the game right after i beat it

totally worth it though. one of the better games I've played in a long time

Cameron Nguyen
Cameron Nguyen

underage detected, the backlash against retro developing prime 1 instead of nintendo and it being in first person was almost at the level of fed force. It sold over 2.8 million copies. prime 4 is nothing but hype

Camden Sanders
Camden Sanders

Metroid's sales never stopped going down ever since Metroid Prime 2 and Fusion. Are those bad games too?

Chase Brown
Chase Brown

Yes recall the immense hype for the top seller metroid prime when it was revealed an American studio was making a first person metroid

Jason Clark
Jason Clark

Seriously why did Nintendo not just negotiate with the author of AM2R and put it up for sale on their eshop? completely out-of-touch company.

Joshua Long
Joshua Long

the backlash against retro developing prime 1 instead of nintendo and it being in first person was almost at the level of fed force. It sold over 2.8 million copies.

Back when Prime 1 came out people still gave games a chance. Whereas now seemingly some games are condemned upon reveal.

Nicholas Martinez
Nicholas Martinez

prime 3 though

Easton Green
Easton Green

You do realize the reason no one rips on Donkey Kong is because those post 64 games are those dumbass Bongo Drums that no one considered actually main entries in the DK series. Anything that looked like a glorified mini-game was not something the fans treated seriously. Now if Nintendo or Retro made a main intended entry and that one indeed was horrid to play through? Then you'd have an argument.

James Allen
James Allen

Metroid fans are the muslims of the gaming community.
"WAAHHH WE WANT THE EXACT SAME GAME WITH VERY MINOR DIFFERENCES!"
Nintendo "Here you go"
"WTF IS THIS ITS JUST A LAZY REHASH WE WANT SOMETHING FRESH"
Nintendo "Here you go"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS TOO DIFFERENT IT'S NOT EVEN METROID NOW GIVE US SOMETHI-"
Nintendo "Nah fuck off you ain't getting anything lmao"

Adam Young
Adam Young

Back when Prime 1 came out people still gave games a chance
no they didn't underage tard, people wrote the games off for being first person and they still do

Ethan Miller
Ethan Miller

Holy Shit...PEOPLE ARE STILL CITING VGCHARTZ?!?!?!?!

No seriously if you believe those numbers, you are retarded. Those numbers don't even make sense if you look at the Amazon 2017 video game list. No way it sold only 150K and beat AC: Origin on PS4.

Granted Amazon doesn't give numbers and doesn't represent everything, but most everyone does their shopping there so the general trend should be indicative.

Isaiah Robinson
Isaiah Robinson

le ``protecting the IP'' face

William Sullivan
William Sullivan

Get the fuck out of here, nobody wants you here and your opinions on games are shit you fucking normies now go back to /reddit/ and stay there.

Julian White
Julian White

no they didn't

Hence why it's one of the best selling Metroid games by a significant margin, because no one gave it a chance in 2002.

Ethan Sullivan
Ethan Sullivan

this

Justin Moore
Justin Moore

only pre-existing metroid fans bought prime

prime 1 is responsible for over half of metroid fans today

Jace Hughes
Jace Hughes

negotiate with the author of AM2R and put it up for sale on their eshop?

It took him 11 years to make it on Gamemaker and it was still a glitchy mess. What the hell is the chance he'd even be capable of putting it on 3DS?

Nathan Stewart
Nathan Stewart

thats because AM2R was the better game overall

Lincoln Ward
Lincoln Ward

Except they didn't blame anyone and actually said they were satisfied with the sales

Aaron Garcia
Aaron Garcia

actually said they were satisfied with the sales
That's PR

Isaiah Lopez
Isaiah Lopez

glitchy mess
?
i had no bugs when i played it.

Ryder Jenkins
Ryder Jenkins

glitchy mess
u wot

Charles Jenkins
Charles Jenkins

I've been a metroid fan all of my life and I bought SR the day it came out. Played through it three times back to back, loved every second.

Andrew Brown
Andrew Brown

first game in a long while where Samus is actually given dignity and isn't just a piece of tits and ass to be ogled over
gameplay could've been improved somewhat, but considering previous attempts at reviving Metroid, it was a godsend
actually ends up with a worse attach rate than Metroid: other M, all because Samus isn't a piece of meat being told what to do by a man

And Sup Forums will claim that they don't love Other M.hah!

Jaxson Barnes
Jaxson Barnes

first game in a long while where Samus is actually given dignity and isn't just a piece of tits and ass to be ogled over
Fed force came out a year ago

Angel Gray
Angel Gray

I don't think they expected to sell more than 500k desu.

Also, since Sakamoto has confirmed Metroid 5 is in the works, we shouldn't have to worry about sales of the franchise anymore.

It even got handheld game of the year at the Game Awards Show in a year where we had Pokemon come out (yeah yeah they're annual now, but the point is Pokemon almost always wins handheld GOTY in most award shows / publications).

Lincoln Wood
Lincoln Wood

it was also an incredibly shitty game

Robert Butler
Robert Butler

Nintendo confirms firm sales
Nintendo has the game in the 3DS best sellers page
game gets the best handheld game award
gets a game of the year award
Sakamoto talks about his ideas for Metroid Dread and hopes and believes fans have the same ideas of where he plans to take the next 2D Metroid game
Sakamoto is looking at the Switch for Metroid 5
MercurySteam wants to work on with Sakamoto again on Metroid Dread
Reggie says that DS/3DS games only need to sell around 100k-300k to make a profit
it’s a failure because Reddit says so
OP , Reddit, and all the faggots from Reddit need to be gassed and the mods need to permabanned anyone from that place.

Wyatt Walker
Wyatt Walker

remake with zero advertising
two direct predesecors were utter dogshit and nobody wanted anything Metroid from nuTendo anyway
sells like dogshit

Wew, nobody could've seen this coming

Joseph Wright
Joseph Wright

The people have spoken - we want Bimbo Samus.

Juan Sullivan
Juan Sullivan

Yeah, and it ends with her being beaten and brainwashed by entry level pirate rookies.

Joseph Wilson
Joseph Wilson

I didn't realize this game was out yet. Was still waiting for it. Any good?

Zachary Nguyen
Zachary Nguyen

I don't think they expected to sell more than 500k desu.
Metroid fans hyped up that they would support the series so Nintendo would expect it doing better

Kevin Richardson
Kevin Richardson

More like

we want cinematic experiences with women who are as deep as a puddle and exist solely for fanservice

If anything, it does explain the popularity of movie games like Xenoblade and Bayonetta.

Jonathan Ward
Jonathan Ward

Can someone make another thread? You-know-who's here, and he only infects one thread at a time

Blake Edwards
Blake Edwards

?
i had no bugs when i played it.
u wot

Slowdown
Poor Collision detection
Invisible Gravity suit glitch

Metroid games aren't supposed to be like that. Super, Fusion, Zero Mission and Samus Returns are actual polished products leaps and bounds better than AM2R.

Jayden Ramirez
Jayden Ramirez

If Metroid M and federation Farce wouldn't have been the ultimate piieces of hsit they ended up being, the numbers would easily been higher.
That is simply what happens if you damage a brand to such an extent that even fans get cautios of every new (old) instalment and rather not buy it then to get burned yet again.

Gavin Campbell
Gavin Campbell

It was meh. If you played Castlevania Mirror of Fate, it's like that but tastes a bit more like Metroid.

Levi Phillips
Levi Phillips

Newsflash, Metroid fanbase has likely shrunken since the latest big entry (Other M), due both to lack of awareness and not enjoying the last one (Federation Force) to be sure.

In Japan at least, it sold through 70% of its sell-through rate at launch so at least that's good news (since Japan historically has never shown interest in Metroid).

Angel Gutierrez
Angel Gutierrez

You just described damn near every fanbase on Sup Forums, possibly the internet in general. Good job.

Anthony Richardson
Anthony Richardson

ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD
ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD
ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD
ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD

David Hernandez
David Hernandez

the numbers would easily been higher.
l o l

William Rivera
William Rivera

Worse than AM2R, which was worse than the original Metroid II.

Luke Roberts
Luke Roberts

holy nostalgia

Jonathan Ward
Jonathan Ward

Newsflash, 90% of Metroid fanbase is from tumblr and NeoGAF and like the idea of a strong independent women (tranny) and don't actually play games
FTFY

Jackson Baker
Jackson Baker

Post yfw you pirated it.

Nathan Jackson
Nathan Jackson

See, this is what I'm talking about. Majority of Sup Forums loves Metroid: Other M because Samus is a bimbo who's submissive, and they hate Samus Returns because she's actually a cool protagonist who isn't a crying baby.

Brayden Walker
Brayden Walker

neogaf/trannyera actually hates metroid, they always sperg out about muh sales and how overrated the series is

Lucas Clark
Lucas Clark

actually hates metroid

Liam Russell
Liam Russell

ACfag pls go and stay go.

Sebastian Torres
Sebastian Torres

ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD
ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD
ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD
ACFAG DETECTED
ABANDON THREAD

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas

Majority of Sup Forums loves Metroid: Other M

Brayden Clark
Brayden Clark

Majority of Sup Forums loves Metroid: Other M

Hudson Gutierrez
Hudson Gutierrez

VGchartz
Appropriate banner

Easton Jones
Easton Jones

artists and designers were the reason why a game like Super Metroid was ever good in the first place. Not the programmers or directors.

Landon Bell
Landon Bell

Good, don't listen to

It captures the atmosphere and gameplay of Metroid really well while adding in some cool new features (like 360 degree aiming, the ability to auto-morphball into crevices when you get near them, power bomb boost jumping, etc).

Hudson Robinson
Hudson Robinson

I guess Other M outselling it 3 to 1 is just a coincidence then?

David Jenkins
David Jenkins

What if this game gets a remake for the switch, will you bought it?

Brody Torres
Brody Torres

Has nothing to do with /v/'s opinion of the game, stupid.

Angel Collins
Angel Collins

why the FUCK are they creating a Metroid Prime 4?
serious question

If you were an investor in Nintendo, and you learned that they were putting serious budget resources into creating a game in a franchise that has not been commercially successful for decades and and repeatedly failed and has no mainstream appeal in ANY demographic, why would you continue to give them your money?
LOOK AT THIS
LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS

If metroid prime 4 gets canceled before its ever demo'd, don't be surprised. And even if it launches some day, don't be surprised if it goes full Wind Waker with every single corner cut and filled to the brim with low quality assets, filler content, etc

Carson Price
Carson Price

no

Logan Hernandez
Logan Hernandez

no source on the official numbers for either outside of an offhand comment from Reggie around 3 months after its launch stating "It's getting close to half a million units."

What did I say, ACfag?

Tyler Williams
Tyler Williams

I don’t buy remakes plus the game was successful to Nintendo and guaranteed Metroid 5 to be made for the Switch.

Jose Collins
Jose Collins

see this is the kind of post the trannies at resetera make about metroid

Alexander Green
Alexander Green

the game was successful to Nintendo
no it wasnt

Eli Perez
Eli Perez

VGsharts
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/949770-arc-rise-fantasia/55457719

Caleb Sanders
Caleb Sanders

If that were the case this would have sold well, especially well considering it was its "big revival".

Henry Carter
Henry Carter

Broke a million
Those are good numbers

Lincoln Peterson
Lincoln Peterson

Nice, now they'll release it on Switch.

Sebastian Rodriguez
Sebastian Rodriguez

Yes it was

Hunter Kelly
Hunter Kelly

What's wrong with VGchartz?

Nathaniel Roberts
Nathaniel Roberts

I enjoyed it a lot. I'd probably rank it second best of the 2D games after Super.

Juan Taylor
Juan Taylor

no it wasn't

James Gonzalez
James Gonzalez

I remember seeing commercials for it on TV

Isaac Nelson
Isaac Nelson

*spacepiratefags
but no metroid always sold bad despite being of such high quality

Juan Robinson
Juan Robinson

Zelda doesn't fair that much better when you consider platform install bases.

The only real breakout games are Ocarina, Twilight Princess and soon to be Breath of the Wild.

They probably make enough money off Mario, its spinoffs, Pokemon, Kirby and Animal Crossing to be able to make whatever they want.

Then there's all the profit that they made off Wii Sports and the Wii Fit series of titles.

Austin Taylor
Austin Taylor

You guys claim to like good video games. Well, if Samus returns is a good game, why did nobody buy it?

You guys are always the first to tout sales numbers of the Switch and Zelda and Mario and talk about how you guys actually support games. Yet when it comes to a game without mainstream appeal and sex and tits everywhere, it's left to rot and die.

This just proves to me that Nintendo fans don't care about gameplay.

Brandon Reed
Brandon Reed

But fusion was better than super

Isaac Diaz
Isaac Diaz

Keep telling yourself that, Reddit.

Jaxon Lopez
Jaxon Lopez

Charles Johnson
Charles Johnson

got outsold by shovelware party games
Nintendo sold 101.6 million wiis
the game-specific attach rate of Metroid Prime 3 was 1.4%

Meanwhile Breath of the Wild has 5 million copies sold with 50%+ attach rate

Julian Morris
Julian Morris

offhand comment from Reggie
when was that? l don't remember anything about reggie commenting on the game's sales

Joseph Thomas
Joseph Thomas

neo-/v/ calls SR a bad game
praises monotenous trash like Hollow Knight

Andrew Stewart
Andrew Stewart

vgchartz

Bentley Myers
Bentley Myers

ability to auto-morphball into crevices when you get near them
yet the game still makes you wait for bombs to explode as you slog through the little morphball tunnels-- why?

Adam Sanders
Adam Sanders

neo-/v/ is Reddit

Parker Taylor
Parker Taylor

I bought the special edition even, I did my part. It's not my fault the casuals have casual taste and don't buy every game I like, no matter how good it is.

Evan Walker
Evan Walker

What else are women for? It's not like the game is gonna make me a physical sandwich so eye candy is the only option.

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin

http://archive.is/TMh9e

Source is

Kotaku

Unlike most Nintendo titles, Other M was not an evergreen title ( believe I picked it up on Best Buy's website for like $3 clearance that same holiday season).

Jace Gutierrez
Jace Gutierrez

all the dumb faggots in this thread that actually believe OP
holy shit you're all pathetic

Landon Morris
Landon Morris

but according to your chart, even triforce heroes, the literal "what?" zelda game, sold as many as metroid prime 3
and wii had one of the biggest mainline console install bases after PS2, and most people were using a PS2 as a DVD player for the same price, so Wii arguably had the biggest install base of all time considering rate of sales (yeah yeah ps1 sold more 1m more in the course of 12 extra years)

Metroid has been an extremely underperforming franchise for nintendo since the SNES era. Only Metroid Prime (1) had any significant sales at 2.82 million, and then metroid prime 2 dropped all the way down to 1.14 million

Levi Carter
Levi Carter

sounds like someone has mommy issues

Xavier Brooks
Xavier Brooks

Piracy ids proven by science to not effect sales
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/09/eu-study-finds-piracy-doesnt-hurt-game-sales-may-actually-help/

Jaxon Moore
Jaxon Moore

This is the way I see it: every day on Sup Forums I see Switch fans talking about how other companies are bad because their games barely have 1% attach rates on even their biggest games. You see regular threads about making fun of Horizon fans for only selling a couple million on a system of 70 million. So for them to turn arouund and let a game like this die miserably is hypocritical.

And I'll bet you anything that, should Metroid Prime on the Switch be good, it'll not even break 1% attach rate. It'll be the first Switch title to not even break 100k sales. You know how I know this? because if it's good, that means it won't just mindlessly sexualize samus every 5 seconds, and that's considered SJW shit according to Sup Forums.

Meanwhile movie games like Xenoblade sell millions solely because they have tits in them. No gameplay whatsoever.

Leo Thompson
Leo Thompson

Zelda II: Adventure of Link: 4.38 million
is that actually true?
did more people play zelda-fucking-two than link's awakening?
I find that hard to believe

Thomas Flores
Thomas Flores

From now on every time VGcharts is brought up I want to see this posted in the thread.

Nolan Martinez
Nolan Martinez

consoles that people buy as media devices instead of game devices are always going to have lower attach rates

Nolan Kelly
Nolan Kelly

Did somebody say... "mommy"?

Brody Ortiz
Brody Ortiz

Yeah but that doesn't negate the fact that Zelda isn't doing that much better than Metroid.

Zelda historically has only sold well in the US.

It like Metroid are not Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc.

Why not? It's a follow up to one of the most highly regarded NES games of all time.

Nobody knew that Zelda II would become the black sheep of the series back then as it was just starting out.

Isaac Collins
Isaac Collins

got outsold by shovelware party games with both the Mario and Sonic brands on it, two of the most famous icons in gaming
Wow! Who's fucking surprised!

Nathan Harris
Nathan Harris

what's going on with her skull there

Adrian Nguyen
Adrian Nguyen

And the 3DS is a game device, right? As is the Switch? Then why didn't anyone support the games? Even now there isn't a single Switch owner even tangentially excited for Prime 4. They consider it SJW shit. See

Ryan Brown
Ryan Brown

Sup Forums needs to shut it's whore mouth.

Samus Returns is a fucking gem

Jayden Wilson
Jayden Wilson

comparing Metroid Prime 3 to the next ALttP/Ocarina of time in terms of recognition

That's not even remotely fair.

Nevermind that you're your comparing ratio of a console that has only been out for 10 months in the market with a game at launch vs a console that had already been out a year with many more consoles sold and Metroid Prime 3 was just coming out then.

Of course people will jump in for a launch game that got a Super Bowl commercial and of course general audience who bought the Wii (families and elderly) will ignore a space FPS adventure game which got very little advertising.

Bentley Carter
Bentley Carter

What is it with Metroid threads attracting such obnoxious shitposting?

Samuel Brooks
Samuel Brooks

And sold 0 copies

Andrew Lewis
Andrew Lewis

It’s acfag

Caleb Thomas
Caleb Thomas

Personally I blame Smashfags/Ridleyfags. Smash4 ruined like 6 fanbases because of rosterfaggotry.

Luke White
Luke White

Sup Forums has an intrinsic desire to shitpost against games where women aren't overtly sexualized. I hate throwing this word around, but it feels like genuine misogyny.

Angel Lopez
Angel Lopez

Yeah but that doesn't negate the fact that Zelda isn't doing that much better than Metroid.
metroid is far less niche than what memers like to parrot but let's not get retarded

zelda is nintendo's third best selling franchise of all time with more than 80 million copies sold in total while metroid is around 18 million

Hunter Ortiz
Hunter Ortiz

i pirated it and purchased 2 copies.

fuck you.

Angel Butler
Angel Butler

Bitch please. Don't flatter yourself. S/M/US/UM were probably pirated far more than Metroid Samus Returns and they both sold more. Samus Returns is just repetitive trash.

Tyler Morales
Tyler Morales

They really are, Nintendo have already confirmed Samus Returns was a success but Reddit keeps invading Sup Forums to post their favorite shitty sales website VGChartz as a source.

Caleb Fisher
Caleb Fisher

zelda is nintendo's third best selling franchise of all time

Get with the times gramps.

Wii Series titles overtook Zelda long ago and did it in a much shorter amount of time.

It'll be a long ways before Zelda will be able to climb back into 3rd (unless you consider the Wii branding of game titles dead in which case I suppose you have a point).

Even then, people are surprised that Metroid is getting a resurgence when Fire Emblem sold even less than it and was even more on death's door nail until Awakening.

Nathan Hernandez
Nathan Hernandez

/v/thread/403194256#p403200000

Dominic Kelly
Dominic Kelly

Samus Returns is a success at 1% attach rate
but Horizon and Uncharted and any other movie game by sony is a horrible failure haha never ever

Dominic Rogers
Dominic Rogers

Reddit, we can’t even have a good Halo thread because of them.

Jason Brown
Jason Brown

Nintendo have already confirmed Samus Returns was a success
nope

Juan Carter
Juan Carter

Why does Sup Forums like to shit on Metroid and its fans? Easy target or something? The series has some missteps like Other M and Federation Force, but is otherwise a consistently terrific series that receives tons of critical acclaim and a passionate fan following alike. The games inspired a whole subgenre that is still receiving support from indies and professionals. Perhaps it didn't inspire it all alone, but you can't ignore that Metroidvania is a known label even if you hate it. The series doesn't have the same wide appeal of Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, et cetera, but Nintendo still chooses to support the series.

Is it really worth making fun of a series and its fans just because they aren't as numerous as those if more popular series? It doesn't deeply bother me of course, but it would definitely be nice to talk about the series without all the shitflinging. So again, I have to ask: Why does Sup Forums like to shit all over Metroid and it's fans and act like the series has never been a success or of any merit whatsoever?

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

EU Study
It was dumped by the EU because the data was collected in a flawed way.

Once again piracy ruins a good series.

Nicholas Cooper
Nicholas Cooper

A fucking soyboi

Evan Morgan
Evan Morgan

Yes because the bar for a fucking free fan game is so high.

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

Why does Sup Forums like to shit on Metroid and its fans?
see

Also see posts like this.

Metroid is for fucking soybois because Samus isn't a bimbo who sucks off men constantly

Right from his post.

Caleb Adams
Caleb Adams

Wii Series
completely irrelevant, franchise cratered in the span of a generation and will never be used by nintendo again

Jacob Perry
Jacob Perry

Yes

Hunter Rogers
Hunter Rogers

202 million.

Jaxson Sanders
Jaxson Sanders

Dread
What's Metroid Dread?

Liam Smith
Liam Smith

Has Metroid ever actually been popular, though? I don't really recall it ever selling super well. Like, it's definitely not a mainstream series despite what people say. Frankly, I'm pretty sure Samus' staying power is due to Smash and not her actual games.

Aiden Ross
Aiden Ross

wow it's almost like if nintendo bothered to advertise metroid at all it would sell more just like they did with animal crossing.

Carter Peterson
Carter Peterson

We couldn't save her

Dominic Hall
Dominic Hall

Yeah prime 1 sold almost 3 million

Juan Jones
Juan Jones

look at the sales of the wii series games on wii u

it's the worst drop in the history of the company, it's not an enduring franchise like the classics that show up every generation, might as well act as if brain age was still a relevant ip

James Barnes
James Barnes

Advertisement doesn't completely sell the product, but it does help alot.

Here's hoping they take what they learned from 2017 (great marketing = great sales) and keep going with it.

That Doug Bowser guy that they hired from EA's marketing team is doing wonders for them I believe.

Zachary Wood
Zachary Wood

This post Was for a Sonyroach, don’t use me for your shitposting please.

Julian Myers
Julian Myers

It's vgchartz, it was already confirmed to be over 500,000 sales.

Levi Jenkins
Levi Jenkins

You're fucking retarded, metroid will never sell more than animal crossing, it does have the widespread appeal/accessibility

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

It was supposed to be a 2D sequel for the DS but was put on hold.

Nolan Flores
Nolan Flores

sony roach
I'm not the one who said Samus Returns was just as bad as Horizon because it pushed the "feminist propaganda".

Nathan Baker
Nathan Baker

Nice that means like Zero Mission it sold over what Nintendo considers a success for a handheld game.

/thread, OP and his associates can fuck off now.

Jeremiah Ortiz
Jeremiah Ortiz

lmao, this image is old.
The 3DS is the best selling console of this generation

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

Newsflash, 90% of Metroid fanbase is nostalgiafags and waifufags
FTFY

Jeremiah Thomas
Jeremiah Thomas

This
I remember when S/M first got leaked. And /vp/ was all over that shit. But S/M still sold over 14 million copies.

Leo Rogers
Leo Rogers

Muriel from Courage the cowardly dog is a muslim

I hate it
What's wrong with it
More Cheese
More Macaroni
More Macaroni
More Cheese
More Cheese AND Macaroni
AAAAAAAAAAAH TOO MUCH CHEESE
Ahhhh Perfect
I hate Macaroni and Cheese

Grayson Richardson
Grayson Richardson

I gave a good friend, who really dislikes it because of copy pasted bosses, the "same old environments", and "forced" Ridley fanservice.

Ryder Myers
Ryder Myers

That's understandable. The game isn't perfect. I was the biggest advocate of just playing AM2R over it. However, If eel like it does deserve some credit for learning from the mistakes of Other M.

A pity Sup Forums hates it for not having enough sex appeal.

Dominic Allen
Dominic Allen

vgchartz
You mean that site that gets Switch figures wrong month after month?

Anthony Wright
Anthony Wright

People loved it at the time.
There was a cartridge shortage at the time and people went as far as to import it from Europe and Japan then. There are lots of newspaper articles at te time because it was crazy.

Sebastian Ortiz
Sebastian Ortiz

Vgchartz

Adrian Morgan
Adrian Morgan

It failed because it was overpadded crap with terrible bosses

I pir8ed it to see if worth playing, finished maybe 3 levels and was bored to tears so never went back

Benjamin Thompson
Benjamin Thompson

227 replies and only 98 posters, so how many of you fags are samefagging?

Samuel Price
Samuel Price

ACfag regularly posts 50 times per thread

Josiah Morales
Josiah Morales

It was conflicting. I'm not a huge Metroid fan but I like the games, and I want them to sell well so there are more and higher budget Metroid games. But I also want the 3DS to die. My cousin insisted on hacking my 3DS so I got to play it for free before deciding whether I wanted it or not.

Cameron Murphy
Cameron Murphy

What's wrong with VGchartz?

Easton Gray
Easton Gray

They've expressed disappointment in sales before, though.

Reggie did so with Other M.

David Brooks
David Brooks

This, I can imagine the shitposting that will happen when Metroid Dread (Metroid 5) gets made for the Switch.

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

Every day I thank God that I'm not ACfag.
Imagine speding 7 years of your life shitposting a videogame franchise everyday with the same exact copypasted baits.

Landon Campbell
Landon Campbell

Dread hasn't been confirmed or even alluded to.

Alexander Stewart
Alexander Stewart

Who cares, I liked playing it.

Luke Bennett
Luke Bennett

Sakamoto already teased it.

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

The ending of Samus Retruns obviously alludes to another Metroid game

Caleb Wilson
Caleb Wilson

Literally made up numbers.

Jaxon Adams
Jaxon Adams

Metroid is feminist bait that only soyboys and sex traitors like.

Austin Robinson
Austin Robinson

Do either of you have a single fact to back that up?

Aaron Gray
Aaron Gray

amiibo bullshit
can't use d-pad to control my character in a 2D SIDE SCROLLER
these two things lost my sale

Dylan Russell
Dylan Russell

The ending of Samus Returns was an allusion to Metroid Fusion, and the dark chozo ending will probably tie in with Prime 4.

Parker Harris
Parker Harris

Thats what happens when you release on a dying handheld while your other handheld gets ignored only get wii u ports

Cameron Rogers
Cameron Rogers

The ending of Samus Retruns obviously alludes to another Metroid game
Two. Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

Nicholas Howard
Nicholas Howard

Sakamoto's interview.
Sakamoto is in charge of mainline and only vaguely aware of Prime 4, he didn't even know when exactly it started development.
Chozo warriors will be in Metroid 5.

David Foster
David Foster

Samus Returns teases that Metroid Dread (Metroid 5) will be Sakamoto’s next project and he hinted in a GameSpot interview that he’s moving on from the 3DS to Switch development.

Daniel Cox
Daniel Cox

Unlock the secret art nigger.

Colton Cooper
Colton Cooper

Already seen it.

Adam King
Adam King

Tamale stated that Chozo will not be I. Prime 4 so sorry, evil Chozo will be in Metroid 5

Juan Williams
Juan Williams

Vgchartz
I knew Sup Forums was shit nowadays but you guys continue to disappoint unrelentingly

Jason Hughes
Jason Hughes

effect

Christian Martinez
Christian Martinez

Mainline games doesn't link directly to prime series in plot

Cameron Smith
Cameron Smith

Why would the dark chozo be a reference to Prime when the 2D games and Prime practically exist in seperate universes?

Carter Long
Carter Long

*Tanabe

Isaac Allen
Isaac Allen

Assemble a small team of talented nintendo programmers to help streamline the code?

Jace Flores
Jace Flores

tfw discovering power bomb jumping
I'll be mad if it's not used more intensively in Metroid 5.

Zachary Parker
Zachary Parker

Power bomb jumping is a stand-in for shinesparking.

Leo Long
Leo Long

shitter can't shinespark and would prefer bomb jumping

Levi Rogers
Levi Rogers

It works differently enough and makes for interesting puzzles.

Owen Thompson
Owen Thompson

See
Dumbass

Gabriel Rodriguez
Gabriel Rodriguez

Nah, not really. The only difference is the fact that for power bomb jumping you don't need any kind of wind-up, you just position correctly and drop the bomb. Different start-up, same end result.
Also, power bomb jumping is more restrictive compared to shinesparking because when shinesparking, almost any surface can be used to maintain/build up speed if you know what you're doing. Power bomb jumping is 100% limited by the amount of ammo you have.

Jason Miller
Jason Miller

I can't believe people are posting as if vgchartz is correct. Are Anons getting dumber?

Tyler Mitchell
Tyler Mitchell

Sounds like the Zelda fan base too.

Huh

Charles Sanders
Charles Sanders

Yes. Why even ask when its so blatantly obvious?

Adam Diaz
Adam Diaz

Power bomb jumping can be used in the middle of morphball mazes, even multiple times from different platforms. The applications aren't the same at all.

Cameron Gutierrez
Cameron Gutierrez

You think it won't fool the masses here? Sup Forums is kind of the same board that will blindly buy a game as long as it has tits in it. They're not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Brayden Watson
Brayden Watson

Why do you fags complain about SR being too similar to the other games while praising Sonic Mania for being a Rom hack?

Cooper Wright
Cooper Wright

the applications aren't the same
Power bomb jumping is literally a stand-in for shinesparking. The applications are the exact fucking same. Both perform the same thing: a sudden burst of speed to circumvent obstacles. It's a fact that power bomb jumping is far more limited than shinesparking because you can perform finite power bomb jumps. You can - environment permissive - perform infinite shinesparks.

Colton Campbell
Colton Campbell

environment permissive
Duh
Read my post again.

Kayden Campbell
Kayden Campbell

I read your post. You're still wrong.

James Morales
James Morales

Both are right

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

I'm not. You keep only considering the results of the abilities in a vacuum, without realizing that they exist in fuction of the level design. You even had to specify "enviroment permissive", because there could be many situations were it simply couldn't be used.
Like in one of the morphball mazes I mentioned in my second post, that can be navigated with power bomb jumping but couldn't with shinesparking.

Aiden Thomas
Aiden Thomas

Spidersparking is nice, but shinespark in is better.

Aiden Morgan
Aiden Morgan

I bought the fucking game and the amiibo dual pack even though I have freeshop on my 3ds

Fucking pirate fags make me sick.

John Fisher
John Fisher

Does anyone have a non-VGChartz source for its sales?

Carter Reyes
Carter Reyes

The only source there is that isn't limited to Japan or UK is FE Echoes and SR sales being described as "firm" to the investors.

Lincoln Ramirez
Lincoln Ramirez

It has been dead for a while. Prime gave it some life back, but there are so many copycat games that are just as good or better that there is no reason for Metroid to exist anymore.

Samuel Lewis
Samuel Lewis

Good

Noah Kelly
Noah Kelly

If that's the case explain why Other M bombed?

Joseph Bell
Joseph Bell

Not buying games because you want to but also not giving a shit about what pirates do
Chill my guy

Robert Morales
Robert Morales

Don't reply to ACfag.

Jason Perry
Jason Perry

How can it have bombed when it sold 3 times the amount of Samus Returns, which Nintendo considers a success? :^)

Isaiah Jackson
Isaiah Jackson

last few games completely shit on what people originally liked about the series in the first place
adds all sorts of awful story and loreshit we never asked for
p.. p..piratefags waaah
I didn't even pirate this pile of shit it's such a travesty. Stop running good IPs into the ground and maybe they won't die.

William Johnson
William Johnson

it's considered a success
but it also kills the series for 6 years

Nathaniel Jenkins
Nathaniel Jenkins

First of all, we don't know how much Samus Returns sold. 300k comes from VGChartz, which might as well be "I pulled this number out of my ass."

Secondly, a Wii game with Other M's budget needed to sell way more units to make a profit as opposed to a comparatively cheaper 3DS game. You can't say two games that sold the exact same amount of units are an equal success, for example.

Bentley Russell
Bentley Russell

Nintendo neglects it because it doesn't make billions of dollars like Pokemon and Mario

Are you surprised?

How are you so sure that Other M didn't make bank? Last I recall, Nintendo never went over budget with their games, and even their worst atrocities always gave them profit back.

Robert Hall
Robert Hall

vgchartz

You fucked up.

Daniel Torres
Daniel Torres

There's an article from shortly after Other M came out where Reggie said Nintendo was very disappointed with its sales and they were trying to figure out why it didn't sell as well as they would have hoped.

David Peterson
David Peterson

it's a success
nah let's kill it off because it didn't sell enough
Then it's not a success fucko

Landon Allen
Landon Allen

Objective ranking:

Super > SR > ZM > Fusion >>> 2 > 1

Carson Flores
Carson Flores

SR > ZM

Blake Gomez
Blake Gomez

anon has a different opinion from me
IT'S BAIT!

Kevin Thomas
Kevin Thomas

Other M comes out
Metroid games ded for 6 years
Samus Returns doesn't even release yet
Prime 4 already announced

Hurr durr you're right fucking Other M did not nearly kill the franchise. SR was a flop.

Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy

If a game makes 3 times the sales and is a failure, why would they be excited with a game barely having 1% of an attach rate? I guarantee you they did not make their money back. If they did they would've advertised it more, instead of letting it die in obscurity.

The same could be said of F-zero or Starfox.

Lincoln Lopez
Lincoln Lopez

partially scripted stealth sequence
Gravity suit and Power Bombs shoehorned at the end of the game for literally no reason
awful backtracking from Chozodia for the 100%
Major flaws that ruin an otherwise perfect game.

Ian Reyes
Ian Reyes

We literally don't know what Samus Returns sold. The 370k number is bullshit. vgchartz basically admitted that the sources for their numbers are merely educated guesses.

Camden Martinez
Camden Martinez

This

Jose Bailey
Jose Bailey

the denial

Evan Wright
Evan Wright

It did poorly because it was bad, repetitive, lazy shit. It's the first Metroid game I bought and have not beaten. The biggest issues I had with it were the repetitive sub-bosses and the parry-then-shoot repetitive shit combat. Exploration aspect is good but a bit of direction wouldn't hurt, I stopped after I got lost.

Samuel Gonzalez
Samuel Gonzalez

gravity suit and power bombs shoehorned
How so? Just because they were the last upgrades?
Complaining about backtracking in a Metroid game that even gives you teleporters.

Andrew Wilson
Andrew Wilson

Why hasn’t ACfag got a permaban yet?

Charles Roberts
Charles Roberts

I'm perfectly willing to believe that VGchartz is full of crap and probably made up their numbers on the fly, but Nintendo refusing to acknowledge the sales numbers is definitely an indicator that it didn't sell well, and that makes me a tad nervous.

Jacob Richardson
Jacob Richardson

Here’s a comparison for all the Metroid titles. SR sold less then the NES rerelease on GBA

Ryder Morris
Ryder Morris

Nintendo stated that it was a success.

Thomas Hill
Thomas Hill

Cause it was free.

Gabriel Cruz
Gabriel Cruz

Exploration aspect is good but a bit of direction wouldn't hurt, I stopped after I got lost.
The absolute state of Samus Returns haters.
Maybe Other M is more suited for you.

Henry Lewis
Henry Lewis

Where?

Anthony Wood
Anthony Wood

He hasn't broken any of the rules.

Jaxon Ramirez
Jaxon Ramirez

Posting vgchartz should be a bannable offense.

Ryder Lopez
Ryder Lopez

LOL no it was not thrown out, it was actually fucking suppressed by EU because of the fact they couldn't find any way to spin it against piracy anyway.

Jason Sanders
Jason Sanders

You know 4 is still happening right?

This isn't like Metroid Dread.

David Hall
David Hall

I stopped after I got lost.

Why does it seem like the only people who don't like SR are too dumb to play it?

Nicholas Gomez
Nicholas Gomez

How so? Just because they were the last upgrades?
You get them right before the final boss. The Gravity Suit is perfectly useless in Chozodia and the Power Bombs only open 2 doors. They're in the game for the sake of being there, they're pure fluff.
ZM
teleporters
Nigga what?

Jose Price
Jose Price

And yet no official numbers. Almost like they're trying to keep it from hindering Prime 4.

And I hope it doesn't hinder Prime 4. But I'm expecting that game to not sell much either, even if it's amazing. Not enough sex and story for your average casual. It would probably be too videogamey.

Connor Rogers
Connor Rogers

ZM
Teleporters

Thomas Price
Thomas Price

Pirates tried to preserve metroids though?

Zachary Murphy
Zachary Murphy

It only bombs if Nintendo states it as such. It doesn't have to sell 15 million copies for it to be a success.

Ryan Parker
Ryan Parker

Here

Fucking dammit

Parker Ward
Parker Ward

This thread is still up.
People are still replying.
Jesus christ Sup Forums, your retardation has no limits.

Jose Nguyen
Jose Nguyen

When has Nintendo ever stated a specific game to be a bomb?

Joshua Gonzalez
Joshua Gonzalez

xD

Colton Baker
Colton Baker

SeeAlso 2D Metroid has no effect on Prime and vise versa.

Connor Lee
Connor Lee

Seriously, what is it with everyone being so desperate to shit all over Nintendo and everything it makes lately? Even resorting to sucking eceleb dicks and worshiping video game sites we've long derided and despised while twisting everything to "NINTENDO IS FINISHED EVERYTHING IS DOOMED!!".

Zachary Gomez
Zachary Gomez

AM2R=Sonic Mania
Samus Returns=Sonic Forces

Jack Watson
Jack Watson

Stop replying to ACfag.

Thomas Turner
Thomas Turner

Because BotW got good reviews.

Benjamin Moore
Benjamin Moore

Nintendo confirms firm sales

Where is that?

Josiah Gutierrez
Josiah Gutierrez

FUCK ALL YOU NIGGERS FOR NOT BUYING HER GAME

Adrian Campbell
Adrian Campbell

Lots of niche DS games got pirated and won't ever see sequels, like Ghost Trick. Piracy hurt DS game sales later in its life significantly.

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

Yeah the shitposting ramped up to 500% since the Switch launch, Sup Forums has never been this bad.
Nintendo haters are in a frenzy.

Liam Butler
Liam Butler

Here

“Both Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Metroid: Samus Returns held firm sales”

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/04/nintendo-incredible-second-quarter-thanks-switch/

Xavier Barnes
Xavier Barnes

only in terms of hardware; games like hotel dusk got financially ruined because piracy

David Cox
David Cox

what is budget?

Jose Kelly
Jose Kelly

If you gustimate Digital sales at 10% then 400k isnt too bad for a late in life 3DS game of a remake of a older game.

Still I would have gotten it if it was on the switch

Adrian Smith
Adrian Smith

I'm angry at the double standards here. You guys seriously think 300k sales for a game with an install base of 70 million is good? Where are the people who supposedly support good games? Every time I hear criticism of Samus Returns, it's the same thing. "she's too much of a lesbian dyke" or "why isn't she taking her clothes off" or "she should get back to the kitchen". Just complete nonsense basedly solely on the fact that she isn't sexualized every 5 seconds. And how is that fair?

not a single sales number
Yeah, I ain't falling for that.

Nathan Flores
Nathan Flores

Same shit is going on in Xbox threads as well. They’re pissed the Switch and Xbox One outsold the PS4 last month.

Isaac Allen
Isaac Allen

sales
because apparently this matters
Apparently nothing, of fucking course sales matter.

Wyatt Cooper
Wyatt Cooper

We already know it sold over 500k though

Kevin Wright
Kevin Wright

*after a better remake was made

It's because Nintendo made a huge failure (WiiU) that couldn't recover. Nintendo drones got so desperate they continued to spew false shit (WiiU is [email protected]!!!). Drones dropped the WiiU as soon as NX rumours started and those threads were also full of wishfull thinking (more powerful than PS4/X1!)
Ignore idiots like this
It's just a continuation

Also every console manufacturer gets shat down, it's not exclusive to Nintendo.

Liam Young
Liam Young

Fuck off ACfag

Nathaniel Russell
Nathaniel Russell

I seriously hope you're not talking about the "We'll see if I have other projects ;^)"

David Reyes
David Reyes

hurr drones
hurr desperation
hurr

So, because your kind believes that nonsense, you falseflag threads like this and the Odyssey threads with that retarded eceleb for... revenge?

Carson Campbell
Carson Campbell

vgchartz

OH NO NO NO

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

Nintendo more or less stated this with Fire Emblem, before Awakening became a hit and then started to aggressively push it these days.
But yeah, Nintendo tends to be pretty hush hush about the sales of their games unless its Mario, Pokemon, Animal Crossing or Zelda.

Robert Stewart
Robert Stewart

What kind of childhood trauma made you this pathetically autistic, ACfag?
You really have nothing better to do in your life than making the same exact shitpost everyday for years?

Grayson Clark
Grayson Clark

Every time I hear criticism of Samus Returns, it's the same thing. "she's too much of a lesbian dyke" or "why isn't she taking her clothes off" or "she should get back to the kitchen". Just complete nonsense basedly solely on the fact that she isn't sexualized every 5 seconds.

Let's see some examples of that, ACfag, because I have never seen any complaints like that. All the complaints I see are about it being polygons, the dev, and your personal favorite bitchfit subject the parry.

Chase Price
Chase Price

What the fuck are you talking about?

Luke Fisher
Luke Fisher

Oh fuck off

Henry Ward
Henry Ward

Other M shattered his mind. What's funny is how he rages about people waifuing Samus while he white-knights her like she's his own waifu.

Gavin Carter
Gavin Carter

It's alright

AM2R is better

Hudson Barnes
Hudson Barnes

let's see some examples

Wow, reading. So hard.

Leo Martin
Leo Martin

tfw still havnt finished it
im at last boss and couldnt figure out how to kill it

Nathaniel Roberts
Nathaniel Roberts

everyone SAY IT WITH ME

Mercury Steam

Dominic Rodriguez
Dominic Rodriguez

Shoot it until it's dead

Noah Gray
Noah Gray

STILL defending Other M as anything other than an atrocity

Oliver Peterson
Oliver Peterson

one post from a typical Sup Forums "hurr women are only meat for my amusement stupid broads nyarf nyarf" retard = the opinion of all Metroid fans

Why do you do this shit, ACfag?

Carter Sullivan
Carter Sullivan

Still perpetuating the 'Other M was bad' meme

Asher Long
Asher Long

Where the fuck did I "defend" Other M in that post? Are you as retarded as he is?

Ayden Cook
Ayden Cook

one post from a typical Sup Forums "hurr women are only meat for my amusement stupid broads nyarf nyarf" retard = the opinion of all Metroid fans
When it's an opinion spammed to infinity, to the point of it ruining every single metroid thread, then yes it is the opinion of all metroid fans. And again, I would like to remind you that 69 million people had the opportunity to show their support for Metroid, but none of them did.

I mean for cripes sake, this board makes fun of Uncharted for not having a 99% attach rate, but suddenly it's okay when a game barely reaches 1%.

Blake Jones
Blake Jones

everybody on earth must be saying it because a couple of people say it in Metroid threads and usually get ignored but trust me every single person on earht all 9 billion of them say it nonstop forever and ever I am the only person in existence who fights against this mindset I am the holy warrior you represent all of my pain and rage

Seek help, dude. You're more mentally broken than Barneyfag.

Alexander Morris
Alexander Morris

Metroid fanboys told me Samus Returns sold well because it cost only like 500k to make.

40 dollars at 370,000 each would be a profit.

Liam Reyes
Liam Reyes

No one cares about Uncharted, ACfag

Colton Roberts
Colton Roberts

everybody on earth must be saying it because a couple of people say it in Metroid threads and usually get ignored
Is that why 90% of metroid threads are porn dumps?

every single person on earht all 9 billion of them say it nonstop forever and ever
The fact that games like Xenoblade, Zelda and Bayonetta sell like hotcakes for absolutely no reason other than their tittilating sexual fanservice? That should give you an indication.

Joshua Sanchez
Joshua Sanchez

now nintendo needs to make a new f-zero so it bombs too

Asher Myers
Asher Myers

This

Brandon Foster
Brandon Foster

Why are people even taking OP seriously???

Josiah Edwards
Josiah Edwards

Since when has Zelda had 'titillating sexual fanservice'?

Jayden Garcia
Jayden Garcia

I didn't have money to buy it or I would have

Juan Martinez
Juan Martinez

Nintendorks just don't like the franchise. If it isn't Mario, Zelda, Smash or Pokemon they never really gave much fucks about it to begin with. The other franchises only matter when it comes to Smash. This is the true mentality of Nintendo "fans" in actuality. They pretend to love everything Nintendo put out but Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid and other shit is actually B tier at most and these "fans" only pretend to give a shit. Many probably never even played a non Zelda, Mario, Smash or Pokemon franchise in their lives.

Luis Cooper
Luis Cooper

Don't reply to ACfag.

Jayden Anderson
Jayden Anderson

new Metroid game announced
trailers hype game
buy
it's shit
realize it's been outsourced
another Metroid game announced
see it's also outsourced
skip

Don't see people being tricked into buying a game equates to that game "being better".

Levi Scott
Levi Scott

Last time I checked a few pictures =/= porn dump, child. Also try to remember where you are, people will post lewds simply because it's Sup Forums and every single thread ever made had at least a couple of pictures like that.

in my personal opinion it's shit

FTFY

Jayden Gray
Jayden Gray

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-q2-financial-results-fy32018-switch-at-7-63-million-shipped-total/
Nintendo said SR and Fire Emblem Echoes are successful globally
previous reports saying SR was selling pretty fast in the US first week and cleared most selves via Japan, something Metroid might've never done before

Primefags and AM2Rautists proceed to spam VGChartz fake news, just to bitch about Other M and Sakamoto again
Doug Harris spamming his Other M/"muh cinematics" infographs once again
anti-Metroidcucks downplaying 2D Metroid once again because of said shitposting thread
its a unending cycle

Jonathan Hill
Jonathan Hill

this one nigger

Lincoln Butler
Lincoln Butler

90% of metroid threads are TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES
Zelda
Fanservice
lol

Jace Peterson
Jace Peterson

Welcome to Sup Forums, where the board culture is to shitpost and troll no matter what, even when it's extremely blatant, because people will devour that bait and start parroting it themselves.

Levi Nguyen
Levi Nguyen

Just fucking ignore him. Its pretty obvious when its him

Caleb Miller
Caleb Miller

in my personal opinion it's shit

Have you not been on the internet at all since it's release?

Brandon Brooks
Brandon Brooks

nintendo puts a game that isn't mario or zelda out
it bombs

nintendo knows people only buy nintendos for those two game franchises they've been milking since the 80s. every metroid fanboy is on PC, should've put it on Steam instead of nintendo.

Brayden Garcia
Brayden Garcia

Bought a shit game
See that it's outsourced
Skip a good game because it's outsourced to a completely different company
Sucks to be you

Samuel Flores
Samuel Flores

some people agree with me therefore it's objective

And if everyone ran off a cliff, you'd do that too?

Hudson Myers
Hudson Myers

got outsold by shovelware party games
yeah and Fire Emblem, a series that never broke 2 Million officially, is doing better than 3D Sonic
what's your point?
Nintendo sold 101.6 million wiis
and the software success rate was still around 1 million for AAA games
do you know how software sales work?

Adam Garcia
Adam Garcia

Funny coming from a Primefag.

Nicholas Roberts
Nicholas Roberts

why is this thread still up

Leo Morgan
Leo Morgan

The amiibos they made for it were better than the game itself. Adding Ridley doesn't technically fuck up the timeline of their next encounter, but it still seems silly.

They made everything too colorful and tacky because they wanted it to 'pop' in 3D. And it does succeed at that since plebs say how colorful it is. Except the original and AM2R were dark and solemn. you were running deeper and deeper into a chasm that hadn't been explored for eons and led to the deepest depths of the planet, where the metroid queen lived. People like KingK have explained it better though.

Do not like the counter mechanic. Every enemy in the game feels deliberately placed (as opposed to just existing in the world going about its business like in old games) for counters. Also reminds me of OM, too many echoes of OM

Henry James
Henry James

Zelda doesn't sell that well.

Chase Taylor
Chase Taylor

Look at BOTW, especially Zelda bending over or the gerudo. Look at the porn threads if you don't believe me.

Last time I checked a few pictures =/= porn dump, child.
When those few pictures are enough to skew discussion entirely, yes it is still a porn dump. Infact, I can safely say that pornography is one of the worst things to ever happen to video games. Sexualization in general was a mistake, and it's why I advocate completely removing it from all video games. Look at Metroid. The more sex you threw in, the worse the games got.

Colton Clark
Colton Clark

Every Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight thread has copious amounts of porn in them too, are they fanservice games now as well?

Jacob James
Jacob James

Maybe I would have bought it if it was actually a new game. I'm not paying to play a game I've already played, especially when I'd just finished playing AM2R right before they announced this, which is probably the only reason this game even exists.

Landon Young
Landon Young

this is the 3rd or 4th time i seen a VGChartz thread pertaining to SR
and each of those threads had people pointing out OP's bullshit with the OP screeching about Prime 4 selling gangbusters

why are Primefags so obsessive about SR being successful?

Levi Roberts
Levi Roberts

I hate ACfag and Primefags

Landon Stewart
Landon Stewart

Every Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight thread has copious amounts of porn in them too, are they fanservice games now as well?
1. That's not true. Even the threads that have porn in them will have discussion continue away from it, whereas in Metroid it never happens unless you're specifically talking about a good Metroid game, and even then the Other M taint has to be fought at every corner.

2. The games aren't actively encouraging it with lewd disgusting fanservice, so the fans making it is far less in number.

Asher Campbell
Asher Campbell

I thought it was tasteful, even the Ridley part. Loved the X stinger at the end (Something AMR2 completely ignored). Aions didn;t feel too instrusive though the counter sure did...hope they leave it out of the next game (But keep the aiming)

Chozo memories felt like Mercury Steam fanwanking though. But I guess it finally gives them an excuse to set a game after Fusion for fucking once.

Nicholas Moore
Nicholas Moore

Fans = The Developers intentions
Zelda's barely in the fucking game, people make porn of her because people always make porn of female video game characters because they're horny fucks, regardless of if they're even sexy or not. I mean for fuck's sake I just saw somebody in the Kirby thread draw lewds of Ado, who's a goddamn polygonal child. Does that mean Hal was trying to make her sexy? Of course not you mong.

News flash! Men find women hot! Wow!

Leo Morales
Leo Morales

Are we now just randomly throwing random insults around? I like all Metroid games except for MOM, 2D and 3D. Try again, dipshit.

Benjamin Robinson
Benjamin Robinson

That's not true.
But it's very true, some of the things I've seen anons describe in detail what they want to do to Hornet is pretty mild compared to what I see in Metroid threads.

Nathan Sanders
Nathan Sanders

SR sold successfully, bucko

Kevin Thompson
Kevin Thompson

Metroid threads discuss things even with the lewd pics, too, idiot. Of course you always deliberately ignore everything that doesn't fit your shitposting.

Wyatt Howard
Wyatt Howard

The Fusion tease was cool, I will admit. Although they said outright they had no more remakes planned for Metroid, right? The X cameo was just to confirm the whole "annihilating metroids was a bad idea" thing

Kevin Lopez
Kevin Lopez

actually ends up with a worse attach rate than Metroid: other M, all because Samus isn't a piece of meat being told what to do by a man

I mean, it sold really well by all actual accounts.

Anyone actually believing VGChartz is just fooling themselves. Their methodology is literally just "Asking the channels and comparing against similar games"

Elijah White
Elijah White

It's got the MercurySteam Seal of Shit on it. A lot of people weren't going to even bother pirating it.

Ethan Lee
Ethan Lee

See, the joke here is, you think it's bad.

Brandon Hernandez
Brandon Hernandez

This.

Carson Perry
Carson Perry

They want 2D Metroid to fail so Prime could be the only type of Metroid game we get. It makes me hope Prime 4 flops. They keep stating that Prime 4 will be called Dread and that they will just put Metroid 5 on the 3DS even though this is pretty much the 3DS’s last year.

Jackson Myers
Jackson Myers

reminder
he's a leaf

Lincoln Cox
Lincoln Cox

Zelda's barely in the fucking game, people make porn of her because people always make porn of female video game characters
The difference is that the game constantly makes her out as some kind of dumb waifu. Whether she's crying in one cutscene, or bending over in another. It comes across as sickening.

News flash! Men find women hot! Wow!
That doesn't belong in video games. After Other M, women should no longer be sexualized in this industry. It only leads to trouble.

I've seen anons describe in detail what they want to do to Hornet is pretty mild
And if the game encouraged it, you'd have a point.

Metroid threads discuss things even with the lewd pics, too, idiot.
Is that why you constantly have people spewing memes like "le remodeled shithole" and "mommy milkies"? Come on user, who are you trying to fool? all you have to do is just admit that you don;t like SR because it didn't sexualize Samus enough. You can't just be honest with me?

Anthony Perry
Anthony Perry

Not only it doesn't fuck up the timeline, it ties Prime and Super together. It was a great addition.

The game was dark because of the hardware limitations. Talks about horror game and genocyde of the species are horseshit that only redditors that unironically follow e-celebs could listen to.

I think you meant: the enemies feel actually alive and threatening like real fauna and predators as opposed to being completely passive and not even registering your presence.

Landon Flores
Landon Flores

Are we now just randomly throwing random insults around?

Why would you assuming being called a Primefag is an insult?

Jeremiah Ramirez
Jeremiah Ramirez

give him a floating metroid

Aaron Lewis
Aaron Lewis

it's so unnatural dude every enemy exists and is placed to dash toward you in an arc to be countered. you have to do this shit every single time you pass through the room, and you never get shinespark to let you dash through them.

in the old games the monsters were just minding their own business and attacked because samus was potential prey.

Kevin Flores
Kevin Flores

You know what else bombed according to Sup Forums? Every Nintendo game ever made and every single console and whoa, the switch in reality is on its way to being the no. 1 sold console of all time

Bayonetta 1 and 2 "bombed" as well but a third is on the way

Liam Perry
Liam Perry

A FUCKING LEAF

Adrian Harris
Adrian Harris

370 copies
wtf did they even try selling to more than 1 store?

Brody Taylor
Brody Taylor

personally glad Nintendo called out on Smashfags bullshit and keep cucking Smash with Metroid at the time
"no smash but hey keep an eye on SR! Ridley is in this game!"
was so fun

Christopher Adams
Christopher Adams

Nintendoomed since 1886

Elijah Clark
Elijah Clark

this
/r/Metroid needs to fuck off

Connor Nguyen
Connor Nguyen

that's what they get for not moving on to the switch

John Wilson
John Wilson

Bayonetta 1 did actually bomb and that's why nobody but Nintendo would pick it up. They've had faith in their third parties recently, I like that.

I'm ashamed this fag came out of my country

Thomas Walker
Thomas Walker

The difference is that the game constantly makes her out as some kind of dumb waifu. Whether she's crying in one cutscene, or bending over in another. It comes across as sickening.

So she picks up a frog and reveals everything that happened to her kingdom and father and herself which had taken an incredible mental toll on her and in your mind that's disgusting and waifu-pandering. Your brain is very strange, it sees something then immediately links it to one of your little pet peeves no matter how hard it has to crush that square shape through the triangle hole. You deliberately see everything as negatively as possible and in your personal filter for the sole purpose of having something to shitfit over. And you've been doing this for SEVEN. STRAIGHT. YEARS,

Hudson Ross
Hudson Ross

"This is why people don't like reddit"
WHICH ONE OF YOU FAGS DID THIS?

Andrew Green
Andrew Green

SR was successful, nigger

Thomas Brown
Thomas Brown

Who is that ACfag fellow I hear so much about and what's his deal?

Nolan Campbell
Nolan Campbell

and attacked
90% of them ignored you and just followed their pattern like in a Mario game.
SR is the first game where combat isn't completely mindless outside of bosses. Even the screw attack got nerfed. And it was a good choice to focus on since Metroid 2 isn't a game about exploration.

Elijah Ross
Elijah Ross

so they just want to mantain a ''muh nintendo hates us'' mentality?

Ryder Roberts
Ryder Roberts

I don't need an excuse to bitch about Other M and Sakamoto

Tyler Roberts
Tyler Roberts

vgchartz

Liam Clark
Liam Clark

literal fake news
always account retail numbers only and make up guesstimates to placehold a game's sales unless said official numbers are out

Ayden Edwards
Ayden Edwards

He wasn't wrong. Donkey Kong sure as fuck wasn't given to Rare because they were massive weeeaboos.

No need to ban the guy.

Josiah Young
Josiah Young

So she picks up a frog and reveals everything that happened to her kingdom and father and herself which had taken an incredible mental toll on her
why should I care about her mental state? She's useless background noise meant to be waifu material , and the game wouldn't even change if you took her out. Emotional tripe like that doesn't resonate with a good game, because a good game can make you feel emotions without a single cutscene, or at least with few cutscenes as possible. I base it on an altered concept of "show, don't tell". If your story needs to show someone crying to get me to care, then you've failed miserably. It's cheap emotional manipulation, and I don't fall for it.

Ian Gomez
Ian Gomez

I bought it, and still haven't finished it. My biggest problem with it is the parry mechanic.

It really feels like it was only made because, "It'd be so cool for Samus to do that." and from there someone decided, "We can't just use this mechanic at boss fights or rarely, every enemy should have an attack that Samus needs to parry."

It's really fucking annoying to have to keep using it just to fucking survive in the game.

Angel Anderson
Angel Anderson

doug
eric
lee (barneyfag)

is this the year retarded leafs dox themselves?

Evan Price
Evan Price

It's a "People don't understand how little money 3DS games need to make to turn a profit, especially when the groundwork for this game was already laid out on the gameboy" episode

Xavier Taylor
Xavier Taylor

Metroidfags bitch about how Nintendo ignores the franchise
don't even buy the game
lamo

Eli Garcia
Eli Garcia

Man why's it always gotta be my country? Why can't the retards ever be from like, Brazil or Germany or something. I don't wanna be associated with these goons.

Kevin Martinez
Kevin Martinez

they're in the same place, just that Prime games act like they're self-contained despite newer 2D Metroids soft-confirm the events that happened there without outright saying it

also the user was wrong, Tanabe said there will be no Ridley rivalry or Chozo shit in future Prime games

Connor Lopez
Connor Lopez

Learn to use the ice beam nigger. Parrying is sub optimal past the first 20 minutes.

Nolan Murphy
Nolan Murphy

Doug Harris, so that’s his name.

John Thompson
John Thompson

*Zelda is legit a terrible character using excuses to hide her insecurities and attachment issues to her ded mom

*Angry Miphafag

Benjamin Torres
Benjamin Torres

and SR still sold at success

John Ortiz
John Ortiz

EVERY FUCKING TIME

Matthew Cox
Matthew Cox

Where is XV-kun from?

Owen Campbell
Owen Campbell

Melbourne, Kangaroo Island

John Perry
John Perry

So only SHitlux and the Space Pirates most diabolical invention: the grow ray?

I'd rather Phazon came back than that shit. Why are they even calling it Prime at this point?

Jackson Torres
Jackson Torres

fans complain about OtherM being a shit game that took away atmosphere, ruined Samus character, and was neither 2D pixel exploration or 3D FPS exploration
"hurr it's a good game you just don't like it because it because she's not your silent waifu anymore"
SR comes out
fan are split between "it's faux 2D, this is nonsense, AM2R is a better version of this" and "oh hey look FINALLY a good '2D' Metroid...oh no I'm not going to play it I'm waiting for the new Prime game"
"hurr durr you just don't like it because she isn't your sexualized waifu anymore"

I don't understand people like you.

Christian Cruz
Christian Cruz

I guess that explains this post in the archives.

Mason Martin
Mason Martin

sonicfags not being retarded
reminder they still endlessly defend shit like Forces, RoL, and 06 and suck Sonic Team's jap cock

Cooper Wood
Cooper Wood

Melbourne, Australia

Christopher Wilson
Christopher Wilson

fans complain about OtherM being a shit game that took away atmosphere, ruined Samus character, and was neither 2D pixel exploration or 3D FPS exploration
when did that happen? All I remember is people posting porn threads in celebration of Metroid being freed from, how did they call it, the "haloid prime shit".

I can't in good conscience trust anyone who thinks pornography belongs in video games. Their view on the matter presents a conflict of interests.

Carter Ross
Carter Ross

Ahahahahahahahahah

Ayden Foster
Ayden Foster

The same could be said of F-zero or Starfox.
their very last main titles didnt even break past a typical Fire Emblem game on consoles
Fusion and Hunters was successful on the other hand

Evan Robinson
Evan Robinson

If they aren't Canadian they're australian, goddammit.

Brayden Evans
Brayden Evans

its a fucking remake of a free game for 60 dollars
w-why would it fail?

Jeremiah Phillips
Jeremiah Phillips

Go home Canadian Doug “ACfag” Harris.

Angel Hill
Angel Hill

if they were gameplay centric, they why do they have story in the first place?

Jesus

Hudson Cox
Hudson Cox

If a game makes 3 times the sales and is a failure, why would they be excited with a game barely having 1% of an attach rate
because Other M an AAA Metroid Wii game while SR was AA Metroid on the 3DS
AAA Wii titles need a million while AA 3DS tiles only need a merely 350k or higher to be a success

Justin Taylor
Justin Taylor

I can't in good conscience trust anyone who thinks pornography belongs in video games.

The fact that THIS is what you are concerned about shows where your priorities lay.

Neck yourself.

Andrew Gomez
Andrew Gomez

If you don't give a shit about the characters in a video game why are you here throwing shitfits about how those characters are shown? Just play the game, yuo autistic faggot.

Cooper Jones
Cooper Jones

Why is it that nothing on this godforsaken website can make me mad except for
ACfag
People who say Mega Man 11 looks like Mighty No. 9

Evan Nelson
Evan Nelson

Liking Return of Samus

Mason Nelson
Mason Nelson

My loyalty is to the gameplay, and I am enemy to any element that attempts to subvert gameplay. Story, pornography, excessive graphics, lazy optimization, you name it. I dislike it all equally. And that's why I take such offense at Other M. Not that I think that "my waifu" was ruined, but rather my "gamefu" was ruined, that's why I was mad. Finally we get a decent, albeit flawed, game like SR, and I genuinely think it deserves better than the horrible fate it got dealt. Yes,you can go on about how it still made Nintendo money and it's technically a success, but how low do you have to go to consider a 1% attach rate successful?

I dislike it because I consider it a detriment to the gameplay.That's why I voice my concerns.

Lincoln Diaz
Lincoln Diaz

Vgchartz
none of the re-releases ever gotten official global sales data beyond japan

Jason Ward
Jason Ward

You're talking to ACfag, this has been his nonstop schtick for seven years, it's impossible to talk to him.

Christian Wood
Christian Wood

that's wrong, SR was a success like Mania

Lincoln Bennett
Lincoln Bennett

I can’t wait to see Sakamoto return for Metroid 5.

Aiden Bennett
Aiden Bennett

FUCK ALL YOU NIGGERS FOR NOT BUYING HER GAME
well fuck you for believing VGChartz fake news and ignoring news of SR's success

Camden Cook
Camden Cook

How does she affect the gameplay at all? She doesn't? Then shut up and play, faggot. Also why do yuo white knight and waifu Samus so hard yet shit and fart and poopie over Zelda?

Christian Hill
Christian Hill

This.

Jose Foster
Jose Foster

leave f-zero to me

Matthew Sullivan
Matthew Sullivan

What the fuck is with this sudden influx of vgchartz shitposting? It’s like it’s 2014 all over again.

Vgchartz is literally and objectively made up data. It’s less accurate than a broken clock.

Gabriel Reed
Gabriel Reed

Release it on Switch so I can buy it

Landon Sanders
Landon Sanders

SR was a success and there are other Nintendo games that aren't Mario and Zelda that sold successfully too

Dominic Gonzalez
Dominic Gonzalez

What kind of faggot doesn't have a 3DS in 2018? Kill yourself.

Ryan Rodriguez
Ryan Rodriguez

How does she affect the gameplay at all?
Interrupts the gameplay with cutscenes and memories. You can say they're optional, but frankly they shouldn't even exist. It's wasted time and money that could've been spent elsewhere. I'm sorry user, but I've suffered through enough movies on the Ps4 to get sick of games with emotional women who need to constantly vent their feelings. I can't have a decent woman who doesn't cry and show off her tits every 5 seconds?

Jose Richardson
Jose Richardson

owning a 3DS

What is it like being gay?

Grayson Diaz
Grayson Diaz

reddit spacing
What is it like begging for games?b

Nolan Stewart
Nolan Stewart

Yes yes yes your autistic retarded nonsense about remove absolutely everything from games except the gameplay because Other M traumatized you so badly. You must have really worshiped Samus as a child to have been this utterly damaged by a video game.

Isaiah Jenkins
Isaiah Jenkins

stop reading fake news nigger
SR is a best seller

Caleb Foster
Caleb Foster

wanting a remake on the Switch instead of a new game
I’m ready for Metroid 5 and I’m glad Sakamoto is too, I don’t want Samus Returns on the Switch, I want Metroid 5 on the Switch.

Isaac Hughes
Isaac Hughes

Lmao

Justin Morales
Justin Morales

UK
irrelevant
US and Global sales matter only to Metroid

Brayden Perry
Brayden Perry

I never played the original so it is basically a new game to me, same goes for Bayonetta 2 and DK:TF which I will also buy on Switch.

Thomas Sullivan
Thomas Sullivan

Then buy a 3DS.

Colton Cooper
Colton Cooper

UK
relevant

Ayden Reed
Ayden Reed

W101 port when?

Liam Richardson
Liam Richardson

I'm just flabberghasted that Sup Forums has such double standards. But of course nobody wants to admit they have a problem.

Jayden Thompson
Jayden Thompson

Have people finally realised that no one actually wants Metroid?
They just think they do but they will never play it.

Brandon Morgan
Brandon Morgan

We want Metroid not Nutroid.

Isaac Torres
Isaac Torres

he says as he supports Metroid: Other M

Adam Reed
Adam Reed

Nutroid
Not soytroid
Not Mesoyd
Get with the times grapz

Leo Thomas
Leo Thomas

Pray tell, what is Nutroid?

Samuel Allen
Samuel Allen

Have people finally realised that no one actually wants Metroid?
another fucktard eating up VGChartz fake news
people do. you already have Sakamoto talking about Dread after SR's success

Wyatt Reed
Wyatt Reed

I had none of these problems, Nintendo shill.

Isaac Watson
Isaac Watson

370,000 copies is not a bomb. Sure, it's not going to reach Mario, Zelda, or post-Awakening Fire Emblem levels, but 370k isn't half bad at all for a second-string IP on a system on its way to pasture.

Landon Baker
Landon Baker

Double standards about what?

Carter Sanders
Carter Sanders

What? All he replied was that comment.

Fucking metroid fans are nutters.

Jose Ross
Jose Ross

It was hampered by weird control decisions and ugly graphics and I know some people like it but I personally hate the Ridley fight. AM2R is better, sadly.

Angel Harris
Angel Harris

"Nu" means "Anything I don't like". Same as cuck, casual, soy, meme, autism, and every other word Sup Forums loves to throw around.

Leo Sanchez
Leo Sanchez

What am I supposed to angry about here? You want more pixel art?

Thomas Watson
Thomas Watson

post-Awakening Fire Emblem levels,
Why only post Awakening? What happened to the series?

Gabriel Wood
Gabriel Wood

Samus Returns wasn't sprites therefore it's the devil incarnate.

Liam Martinez
Liam Martinez

It became a big hit

Charles Sanders
Charles Sanders

For one:

hating on Uncharted and TLOU and Horizon because muh strong independent womyn who are also emotionally fragile and aren't afraid to cry
but suddenly it's okay for Zelda to do it

Now, a rational person like me, I hate all of them since I don't think crying belongs in games period. It's also a reason why I hate RPGs, especially the emotional ones.

Aiden Moore
Aiden Moore

Waifus

Carter Flores
Carter Flores

It became explosively successful, enough to save the whole franchise from being booted down the memory hole, to the point where Fire Emblem is now one of Nintendo's perennial marquee big-seller franchises.

Jackson Clark
Jackson Clark

all of Sup Forums is one person
I'm autistic and hate emotions

Is what I see here, which are your problems, not anyone else's.

Jayden Lewis
Jayden Lewis

THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY

Brayden Howard
Brayden Howard

Americans starting buying the games
just like Metroid

Jacob Nelson
Jacob Nelson

*good advertising and timing

Chase Hall
Chase Hall

ridley in Samus Returns
k

Anthony Johnson
Anthony Johnson

go full waifu age Samus; player can change her outfit
throw in a few more cute girls for good measure
lots of character dialogue and bonding mechanics
don't annoy the audience by making Samus a horrible character
put it on Switch

Jackson Diaz
Jackson Diaz

don't annoy the audience by making Samus a horrible character
go full waifu age Samus

Kayden Bennett
Kayden Bennett

Don't know why people are upset about this. We know the Pirates wanted more Metroids, and Ridley somehow knew to go to Ceres Station in the opening of Super Metroid, this just ties the two together, Ridley was coming to SR-388 to get more Metroids and happened to run into Samus and the last Metroid then followed her to Ceres after the fight.

Jaxson Gonzalez
Jaxson Gonzalez

Prime 4 is still happening. But if Nintendo decides Samus Returns didn't sell well enough, it's probably the end of 2D Metroid.

Hunter Morgan
Hunter Morgan

people are mad some OC villain wasn't the final boss over Ridley, now idiots claiming its a traditional Ridley should never have that role a

Gavin Rogers
Gavin Rogers

Despite firm sales of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Metroid: Samus Returns, overall software sales were 13.82 million units (28% decrease on a year-on-year basis).
Despite firm sales of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and Metroid: Samus Returns, overall software sales were 13.82 million units (28% decrease on a year-on-year basis).
you primefags are really getting pathetic with your downplaying scheme in favor for your Prime 4 shilling

Liam Martin
Liam Martin

I hope Prime 4 flops so I can laugh at their asses.

Carter Collins
Carter Collins

see

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page