What's the deal with Japanese and Sombreros/Mariachi?

What's the deal with Japanese and Sombreros/Mariachi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S1U3wi1PvnY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I have never had Mexican food
You're missing out, senpai

Cultural appropriation

missing out on nothing desu

all horribly overrated greasy shit.

Mexican food is probably one of the most important cuisines in the world familia

It's literally Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity

Greasy?
Mexican food sold anywhere on the world:No
Mexican food in Mexico:Yes

Based Kojima

this pic is so great

They think it's cool

That's a big sombrero

>because of people like you we lost Speedy Gonzales
goddamnit.

it's all they know about South America.

>Mexico
>South America

???

Apparently you know nothing about South America or Mexico, user.

The big hat and poncho are similar to shit they wore in history. It's novel.

They think Mexicans are cute animals.

Tostarenans are cute, my favorites NPC

it's funny

honestly mexico seems like a cool country. too bad it's such a violent shithole.

I am mexican and i am definitely cute

usa is no better lad, same shitholes, different shit. ive been to both

In general, Japanese find Mexican culture very "exotic" (which it is, but i don't know why specifically them) just as some westerners find the japanese exotic and different

This is not true. Mexico's murder rate is 21 per 100,000 people. The USA's is 6.

That was from 2012

Currently it's like 16 or something

Why do Japanese only care for Mexicans but don't care about South Americans?

That's still a lot more than America's.

because nobody cares about South Americans

it looks cool. I wish there was a mariachi set in bloodborne

Its quirky

Yes but violence in Mexico is only on very specific cities or states and mostly among cartels. You know where not to go. Violence in America is literally everywhere and can happen anytime. No way i'm getting shot at a school or a cinema or a walmart in Mexico mate. As I said, both are shitholes

most areas are perfectly fine. don't let the media scare you, it's a great place. been all over Mexico and I've felt more unsafe in some US cities like Baltimore, Detroit etc.

>Ground meat cheese and beans rearranged 40 different ways to create 200 different dishes
If mexishit food is so good, explain mole sauce

It's like asking why someone cares about France but not about Moldavia or Liechtenstein

They kind of care about Brazilians. Only south american country they even remember.

Must be because it has the biggest japanese population outside japan.

tex mex is better

stop going to taco bell and try some real mexican food user, you're really missing out

The Boomers generation in Japan have a very strong fascination with Mexico, not sure why.
There used to be a ton of private bodyguard firms you could hire, because they all wanted to see Mexico but was afraid of Mexicans.
Some poet from Oxford turned bodyguard wrote a book about it, and how he worked as a private bodyguard for japanese tourists in Mexico.

I love mexican food so fucking much. Horchata is the nectar of the gods.

kojimbo is a mexaboo

por vous

my nigga

This desu. Its gross and needs to stop.

Dont get me started on the chyndaquiles

Something something amigo taco!
youtube.com/watch?v=S1U3wi1PvnY

hey guys, I saw Kojimbo at an OXXO store in Mexico yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, rike you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Lucas in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “oiga, you need to pay for those first señor” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the Lucas and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each Lucas and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

None of what you said is true

What world do you live in?

Clint Eastwood

Para ti

If you went to an OXXO and didnt get told "en la otra caja le cobran joven" did you even go to OXXO??