Just beat this and I have to say that every ending was pretty anti-climatic and shitty...

Just beat this and I have to say that every ending was pretty anti-climatic and shitty. The final "boss" was not even really a boss honestly. He is easily beaten if you team up with Lucian and company at the end

Overall the dialogue, characters, side quests, world building, and combat were excellent. I'd fault it mostly for a bunch of sub-par endings, but everything else was fantastic. Still worth of a 9/10 and definitely not over-hyped at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7tdfiTYT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>team up with Lucian and company at the end
Nigger, what the fuck is wrong with you.

I agree with the rest though. The ending being what it is almost makes me wonder if the proper conclusion will be in Malady's dlc or some such, but there's still no word about that.

yeah, ending sucks, and i was expecting arx to be comfy like novigrad, but it felt unfinished. i think the consensus is the game gets worse at the end.
still though, fun as hell gameplay from beginning to end and there arent many rpgs to get my fix for turn based combat from. wasteland 2 is a joke btw stay away

yeah end was pretty fucking bad.

my team got shit pushed and me and my friends spent like two turns just to stay alive, when we finally started our offence round 3 our ranger took out the bad guy in 1 turn. we were all surprised it was over so soon, not having to fight the other enemies or anything.

the final boss is fine in terms of challenge, you just chose the easiest way to deal with him

What makes Wasteland 2 a joke?

what's the proper way to fight him? i'm and i'm not sure what we did wrong when playing on tactician, it was very underwhelming

Not him but pretty much everyone agrees it's bad

>"Nigger, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Actually I'm terrible at heavy D&D RPG style games like this because I'm very indecisive. On one hand my character wasn't very pious to Lucian or the Divine Order because of how they treated sourcerer, and your character is a sourcerer. I felt like if I became Divine I could make the world a better place, but when it came time to chose I kind of just became confused as to how I wanted to proceed. On one hand I felt like what Dallis and Lucian were doing wasn't necessarily a bad thing but they caused a lot of pain and suffering along the way to achieve it. On the other hand I just wanted to help everyone so I felt like by becoming Divine I could do just that, of course I felt like there shouldn't really be another Divine after seeing all the problems Divinity caused.

Basically towards the end I wasn't committed to one cause. At the start I was dead set on becoming the next Divine, but then I slowly stopped caring about it. I played kind of a lawful good character, but then it turned into like neutral good. I wasn't rolling any kind of evil chaotic character.

Arx was kind of a letdown personally, like I enjoyed some parts of it, but as a whole it wasn't that great.

Well obviously not teaming up with Lucian and company is the harder route, but killing Braccus still ends the game, so just focusing Braccus makes it easy as fuck. The only difference is not teaming up with Lucian just gives you more enemies to kill and get pass.

Of course if you just teleport Lucian near Braccus he'll aggro onto him and attack Braccus, also Lucian and Dallis are actually really weak so once they kill Braccus then killing them is super easy. I was level 21 and had some pretty nice gear for my party so I did quite a bit of damage. Not really sure what is considered a high end game level. Same for the gear as well.

Yeah I keep seeing that, but no one says why.

I don't know if there's a proper way, but when I did the final bossfight, Lucian and his gang didn't ally with me, and so I was taking heat from both sides.

the attributes are very shallow and the combat gets very repetitive. I played for about 50 hours, got close to the end, then starting playing divinity 2 and thought it was so much better that I never looked back.
basically, the combat is very similar, but it has none of the depth DoS2 has. no one really has in-combat abilities except for medics so it ends up with you just taking high percentage shots like xcom every turn til the enemy dies, but the level design is so bad there is hardly anywhere to move or take cover most of the time. So you just end up kiting enemies while your sniper kills everyone.

My first play through was with a lone wolf summoner and fighter, so Braccus teleporting around everywhere and everyone attacking me made it very difficult to hurt them since my range was so low. It was a very fun fight for me.
Rangers are just overpowered as fuck and can oneshot basically everything from any range with source skills, that's definitely the easy way to do the final boss.
The ending is better when you're playing with other people though, since fighting for divinity in pvp takes a lot more planning and thought than fighting npcs.

I believe he is claiming that NOT teaming up with Lucian and company makes the fight more difficult, since Lucian and company will see you as an enemy and try to kill you along with Braccus. So you're having to deal with way more enemies. That's what makes it a much more difficult method. Of course simply focusing Braccus and killing him will still end the game, so if you just ignore Lucian and company and focus Braccus then it's really the same.

I kind of was wondering what class is considered the strongest, honestly my mage (specialized in pyro btw) was pretty damn strong, but my ranger was outdamaging him. I had an assassin, and you'd think her high crit chance and damage would be the strongest, but it actually wasn't. My guy was a fighter (but I made him kind of a beefy/tanky paladin style class) so his damage wasn't that high. If I had rolled a balls to the wall two handed warrior and pumped up his strength then I'm sure warriors can do shit loads of damage.

But I do agree that Rangers seem to have the highest damage next to mage classes, of course I don't know exactly how strong a summoner or necromancer is. Pyro spells are super strong, not sure how it stacks up to other elemental spells. I'm sure if your summoner skill is really high then your summoned familiar can probably do a shit load of damage as well.

backstabbing rogue by far does the most damage. you can easily strip armor and do some damage to health pool with 2 basic physical attacks.
dont stack crit on rogue, its redundant since backstab is autocrit. just go straight finnesse, then after that it honestly matter. con, i guess.

>Of course simply focusing Braccus and killing him will still end the game, so if you just ignore Lucian and company and focus Braccus then it's really the same.
true, but I didn't know that. All I saw was an arena with 8+ enemies, and while Lucian and Braccus were obviousyl the main enemies, I didn't know that killing Braccus specifically would end the game.

>larianiggers will defend this

Maybe it's how we played, but I honestly can't imagine why would anyone roll over and side with Lucian at the end, after all the shit you go through.
Just seems lawful stupid, put into DnD terms.

>The ending is better when you're playing with other people though
>not just talking it out with your partner(s)

Just finished this game over the weekend. It was the best game I've played in a very long time. Went with custom lizard summoner, lone wolf with Red Prince as companion. It was awesome. High level summoning was great.

Deciding what my next playthrough should be. Thinking elf because their backstory seems pretty cool.

yeah i didn't expect the game to end after one of the eight bad men died. i hoped to fight everyone and the void worm. bummed me and my friends the fuck out.

yeah sure but i wanted to kill the bad men with my friends. beating my friends at vidyagames is something i can do any day :^)

Probably why my rogue was pulling some lower numbers, because I split her between finesse and wit because I thought pumping up her crit would raise her damage. If I had gone full finesse I probably would have seen way more damage. She still did good damage, but not as much as my ranger and mage.

>>not just talking it out with your partner(s)
I played an undead so I could sneakily grab a deathfog barrel after the Isbeil fight to fuck them up with, talking was never an option.

The thing that's making me want to rip out my hear are the bugged quests and bugged log book.

Do you remember Xiuh? From the graveyard in Act 2, inside ryker's rest. He gives you the password to open the chest that's between two statues throwing fire at it. I made the "mistake" or lockpicking it hours before even knowing Xiuh existed, before even finding ryker's rest. Now I can't close the quest because the game still expects me to talk to the chest.

This is just one example but I have so many it's driving me nuts.

>Have sex with Sebille
>Asks if I'm ready for round 5
>Wears a thong
>Ass

She's so horny and lewd. I love it.

ranger and rogue do the most physical damage, pyro does the most magic damage.
i would split fin/wits on ranger. on rogue though, i would focus attributes into finnesse til it caps at 40, then go into con. as for combat abilities, max out warfare worse and take scoundrel as needed for level requirements for abilities. then after maxing out warfare, you can focus on the dual wielding stat.
warfare yields the highest physical damage boost of all the stats. its also worth stacking on ranger, but most people prefer to max out ranged and huntsman first.

if you focus on finnesse and warfare with your rogue, they will be a killing machine.

i started trying to play a beefy paladin, but i just had way too much HP and not enough damage.
respeccing into all-in warfare and 2h with the talent that grants vitality% per warfare lvl made me more tanky than anyone in my team, with more armor than anyone, and with more damage due to the stupid amounts of str that can roll on heavy armor items.
the ranger did more damage overall because of range and stuff, but i could pretty much take out one enemy every time it was my turn, while also never requiring healing. it was pretty crazy.

>yfw The Doctor transforms

> maxing warfare first instead of dual wield
Dual wield should be maxed first for the dodge bonus imo

I was going to run an evil skeleton rouge with lone wolf and take Sebille as my companion, but it seems redundant since you're both rogues. Though I thought it would be kind of fun/cool to be lovers against the world and also crazy assassins who hate everyone except each other.

I also want to try a necromancer and summoner class as well, especially necromancer. Necromancers have such cool looking skills in Divinity, and they have some pretty powerful effects as well. You could even go further and do some hybrid mage class like Necromancer and Summoner, or Necromancer and Enchanter.

that was my favorite fight i think, died a couple of times there. was very fun.

i also REALLY liked the arena fights in the under-bar. would have liked more of them.

>mfw killing the Doctor before he even gets the turn to transform

Are you me? Always had the highest initiative, and stacked up on AP boosting tea.
Talking was never an option.

When can I bang sebille?

Yeah see I maxed out Scoundrel and Duel Wielding first on my Rogue, and then focused on Warfare. I don't know why. I also did max Huntsman and Ranged on my Ranger as well, and then started focusing on Warfare, which again was stupid in hindsight probably. In my defense it was my first playthrough, and I really had no idea how to properly build my characters. I kind of just focused on what I thought would raise their damage the most.

that fucking tea was crazy. is it craftable? how much of it is there in the game?

>The ending is better when you're playing with other people though, since fighting for divinity in pvp takes a lot more planning and thought than fighting npcs.

I had higher initiative. I tactical retreated onto a high spot, used Marksman's Fang on the first dude. Instant kill. Adrenaline, Skin Graft, Marksman's Fang on the other. Crit, instant kill.

While I was watching the end cutscene, my friend, who was already on the Lady Vengeance, killed me.
It caused the end throne scene to play again, this time putting me in the Lady Vengeance while he watched the cutscene.
I killed him again and the cycle repeated.
He cracked open a deathfog crate on the spawn point.
Everyone died when they spawned on the lady vengeance and we got a game over.

I think you can only get it from Lord Kemm's wife in act 4, and you craft it with empty cups I believe. her stock might refresh after a level up, or not at all, I don't know.

>mfw you Enrage and Arrow Spray his ass

i went dualwield warrior lone wolf. Ended up with 50% dodge and so much damage, any hit burned through the full amount of any enemies armor.

Huntsman>rogue>STR 2H>everything else.

It's kind of immaterial because everything absolutely fucks the game when played right, but archery is by far the most powerful due to having the most stackable multipliers and bullshit skills. Nothing anyone else gets comes close to Arrow Spray or Arrow Rain when you get them, Ballistic Shot is a non-source oneshot skill if used right, and Slowdown Arrowheads are easy as shit to make and do insane damage.

>No reason to use sword and board

Actually the shield throw ability does some insane damage, it was my bread and butter for my playthrough. Also you get a shield ability that raises your armor even further. At the end I had 24,000 hp and 10,000 armor with about 8,000 magic armor. I was level 21, and had some pretty nice gear. My damage wasn't the best, but I was unkillable for the most part.

Fuck that fight, though it only took me 3 tries to finally kill him. Of course I didn't weaken him, but you can weaken him, and you can even kill him before he transform if you do it right. My issue is that there are so many adds in the fight. It's like 10 adds or some shit, but it does give you a lot of experience. I think it's almost 2,000,000 exp in total.

that's fucking glorious user.
i love how much dicking the game encourages you to do to others.

shield bounce is great yeah but it's the only real damage-dealing skill you have. and it has like 5 rounds of cooldown iirc.
i was unkillable without shield just due to warfare, flat +hp on gear and levels. and around 2.7-3.0k damage.

>Enter the Academy as Fane
>Voidwoken tells me to swear loyalty to the god king
>"Yeah sure"
>get two attribute points, two skill points, two talent points
>immediately use the Swornbreaker

Bouncing Shield scales only from your warfare and your shield armor, hits two enemies and has a very short cooldown. It's really fucking good.

Pure tanks don't really work in this game due to the AI being smart enough to ignore them, but it's kinda silly in solo, since enemies will start killing themselves hitting you due to Retribution.

Rate my team:

Lohse - two hander, warfare+necro
Sebille - dual wield, scoundrel+dual-wielding (+warfare)
Fane - shield+wand, air+water
Red - shield+wand, fire+geo

>Lohse not a mage
>Red not a warrior
It's trash, start over.

the ending is even more underwhelming when you figure out that you can actually kill Braccus first and there will be no second phase at all. Happened when I beat the game the first time in Tactician. I was very confused.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mm7tdfiTYT4

>Be me
>Play tanky Paladin style class
>Max out leadership
>Max out reflection
>Max out constitution
>High level heavy armor gear
>Raises my leadership, reflection, and perseverance even higher past the cap.
>Use guardian angel and dome of protection to shield my squad
>The damage to me is pathetic
>My team kills everyone

Tanks are really and I mean REALLY underestimated and overlooked in this game. It's sad.

>Pure tanks don't really work in this game due to the AI being smart enough to ignore them,
>Not using Provoke
>Not using Challenge

Kek

if enemies don't have physical armor, just knock them down.

>provoke an enemy
>they walk off in another direction and attack an ally somehow
>get provoked
>forced to melee attack as a mage

>Chose Lohse and Red
>Not choosing Iben, Fane, and Sebille.

It's trash. Start over. Just kidding, honestly my first playthrough was Sebille, Fane, and Iben. But my next one will be Lohse, Beast, and Red since I didn't travel with them the first time. I feel like having a completely different group of companions makes the game feel refreshing, especially since they have different classes and different personalities/goals, so in a way it keeps the game kind of new because of the different dialogue and interactions you'll have while traveling with them.

oh ok the cooldown is 2. that's ok i guess. still, that's 2 turns with you doing pretty much no damage.

>Pure tanks don't really work in this game due to the AI being smart enough to ignore them
yeah this is what made me respec. during my tank days i'd use bouncing shield, then try to taunt enemies while having something like deflecting shield going. most of the time the enemies had too high armour for me to taunt them though, so when my damage was spent i was pretty much useless until my ranger could attack, and even then he'd kill most things in one turn.
going high damage with warfare skills made me more valuable to the team since i could CC enemies on my own by breaking through their armor, and i was still tanky enough to survive everything.

the only thing good about provoke is that it's 1 AP, everything else is just worse than knocking people down.

Charm is the most fucking annoying as CC in this game, prove me wrong. Fuck enemies that can use charm abilities. Shit was fucking annoying as fuck, and honestly just playing some class that stacks debuffs would be OP as fuck in my opinion. Just teach your character a bunch of debuff abilities, kind of like a Saboteur class or some shit.

>that's 2 turns with you doing pretty much no damage.

That's what my team is for. I'm the tank. They provide all the damage I need. Now if you're going lone wolf playthrough then yeah, being a tank is kind of retarded.

>not having Peace of Mind equipped on half your crew

my experience as a tank build
>infinite HP
>everything that attacks me kills itself
>nothing attacks me since my team uses glass canon or are just overall squishy
>heavily relying on others damage to lower armor for me to CC
>heavily relying on skills that need to be chained to be used optimally
guardian angel is fucking great, yeah. can't argue with that.

my experience as a heavy-hitting 2-hander
>enough HP to never die
>rater than spending precious points on retribution and constitution in some weird balancing act, can focus solely on warfare for both HP AND damage
>loads of aoe CC and loads of AOE damage. can remove armor and then knockdown one or multiple enemies. killing enemies is ezpz too, the best form of CC.
>can still use guardian angel

having played both, i can definitely say i was barely pulling my weight as a tank, while being a real MVP when going for damage.

>when you enrage then onslaught a boss

>tfw looking forward to enrage -> onslaught braccus
>he just kind of dies to our ranger

fuck

I might roll a pure warrior damage build, though I kind of want to try something different besides just straight melee. Might go Necromancer or Summoner.

if i would redo my build into something other than pure warfare and two-handing, i'd go with polymorph. loads of fun strange skills and movement shit.

Is Polymorph really good? Seemed like of stupid to me, though you get a skill that lets you switch hp with an enemy, so if you're about to die you can just switch hp with the enemy.

i have actually no idea if it's good or not. our terramancer/rouge/shitstarter-archetype friend had it and he mostly just stuck us in webs while having a bull horn or medusa head. i was mainly confused and angry, but he seemed happy.
loads of utility and every point into polymorph also grants you a primary(?) stat skill point, i.e. skill polymorph, receive strength. so you can dump into poly what you want for the poly skills, and then dump the rest into 2h and warfare, and the only really negative impact of it would be that you hit the max str cap earlier.