Cainhurst Castle

Cainhurst Castle
I know you fags like to pretend the game LITERALLY TELLS YOU everything but you know it's bullshit
It's almost impossible to get to that Castle without a guide
Entering the clinic is ok but then you have to get to a specific point in a random area in forbidden woods to get there

the letter tells you where to go

My first run through the game I thought that path was where you were supposed to go. To my surprise I ended up in fucking Iosefka's.

It's not hard to find that area, faggot. Fighting there is tedious, but that's it.

it doesn't

IT'S OPTIONAL

An old blood-stained summons, inviting an honored guest to the forsaken Castle Cainhurst.

Rather bafflingly, it is addressed to you.

Do not hesitate; the stagecoach leaves from Hemwick crossing.

Yes, it does, you tremendous idiot.
>An old blood-stained summons, inviting an honored guest to the forsaken Castle Cainhurst.
Rather bafflingly, it is addressed to you. Do not hesitate; the stagecoach leaves from Hemwick crossing.
The shortcut to Iosefka's Clinic from the Forbidden Woods isn't even remotely hard to find. If you've done any kind of exploring, as anybody who is playing Bloodborne or any Souls game should have, you'd have found the cave beyond the dog cages leading to the poison mire.

cringe

>It's almost impossible to get to that Castle without a guide
you're gaytarded

>letter tells you to go to hemwick crossing
>go to the ONLY crossing in hemwick
>cutscene starts automatically

When you enter Iosefka's clinic after killing Rom, is she giving birth if you enter there or is she already a beast?

An old blood-stained summons, inviting an honored guest to the forsaken Castle Cainhurst.

Rather bafflingly, it is addressed to you.

Do not hesitate; the stagecoach leaves from Hemwick crossing.

>you'd have found the cave beyond the dog cages leading to the poison mire.
but that's not where you are supposed to go after receiving the letter
That path is to enter Iosefka clinic

Yes, exactly, that's where you go to receive the letter in the first place. You cannot receive the letter if you have not gone through the shortcut to Central Yharnam, therefore you need to go through the shortcut.
Forbidden Woods cave --> poison mire --> up the ladder to Central Yharnam --> Iosefka's Clinic --> read the letter --> Hemwick Charnel Lane crossing

Was that clear enough for you?

What about that one enemy that you have to get killed by in order to get to the lecture hall?

help:
When you enter Iosefka's clinic after killing Rom, is she giving birth if you enter there or is she already a beast?
I don't know if I should proceed to Rom or if I should backtrack there

played the game on launch and got there easily because the letter said to go to hemwick
sorry op but you're a fag

She's not turning into a beast. She's lying on the table, "giving birth". Nothing happens for the rest of the game to her, but you can kill her for an item you'll need if you want to get a certain ending.
tl;dr: Do whatever you want, but it's best to kill her.

I literally forgot about this. Thanks for reminding me, I saw the letter but I didn't go to Hemwick Charnel Lane.

>She's lying on the table, "giving birth"
I remember a guy saying if you go there and you sent some NPCs she will start to attack you and the giving birth scene won't show up

how can people be this retarded?
also did you ever think people might just wander around at different times in the games for various reasons?

Tonsil Stone tell you how to get there. You can explore the full lecture hall after killing The One Reborn anyway.

The only thing that causes the event not to happen is entering Iosefka's room after she tells you to stop before killing Rom.

its fucking stupid that it only activates after you kill the witches. you could be standing in the right spot, but the cutscene wont trigger unless you have killed the boss, --which makes no sense because killing them doesnt cause any physical change in the environment-- which leads the player think they didnt get the right location when in fact they did, which is what happened to me in my first playthrough

if you go there early she'll attack you, I don't think it matters if you've sent people there or not, she already has one test subject regardless.
if you kill her she won't be giving birth later.

She does that only if you open the door to the room she's in BEFORE killing Rom, before the blood moon.
It's really helpful to know that a lot of events in the game change after killing Rom, which brings the blood moon. Once it sets in, you can't send anymore NPC survivors to Oedon Chapel or the Clinic, and many door NPCs go mad. This is why you want to get saving NPC sidequests out of the way before this point.
But basically, Iosefka attacks before the blood moon, regardless if you've sent survivors to her or not.

I just beat the 3rd boss( the beast that poisons you?) and I have no clue where to go

TIME TO GO TO CHURCH, NIGGA

Speak to Gehrman in the Hunter's Dream. Or, head to Oedon Chapel (Cathedral Ward lamp). A door that was previously closed should now be open.
Also, if you want to visit a nice "secret" area, let yourself get killed by the new, tall bag-wielding enemy outside the Cathedral Ward. Should be straight ahead from the lamp, hiding in a corner to your right.

thanks

>tall bag-wielding enemy outside the Cathedral Ward. Should be straight ahead from the lamp, hiding in a corner to your right.
but you will be sent to prison and you are too weak to do anything in that area.

i'm using Ludwig's Holy Blade. Should I buy another weapon? I already killed Rom and I wanted to know if that weapon is good for the rest of the game

says the friendless lonely autist
It's the item description you fucking brainlet, lmao

While the Snatchers hit hard, they are easy to parry and backstab. It's also a neat early side area with a couple of good items such as Twin Bloodstone Shards, the Tonitrus, the Yahar'gul Set, a boss, and an NPC to save. You can always come back later if you feel too weak, but it's definitely an area worth visiting if anything for the spooks, atmosphere, and music alone.
It's a good weapon for the entire game. All the weapons in BB are very viable for playthroughs, so you can try out just about anything.

>beat snatchers regularly on my first playthrough
>never noticed the one hiding around the corner from the chapel lantern
>decided to clear everything in that area and look around while backtracking because I don't know where to go
>"hey these statues are pretty neat"
>get OHKO'd out of nowhere, got scared and freaked out since I've run past that spot ~dozen times
>cutscene starts playing
>wind up in a new area
>music starts playing and I'm too scared to go anywhere
I love it when games mix up encounters to throw you off your game. I lost a good amount of souls and laughed that I literally explored the entire area before finding out the lantern to get out of there was practically a stones throw away and explored everywhere else before finding it.

fuck bloodborne was good aye sonybros

I think she's an ayy.

When Fromsoft bring their A-material, there's nothing else quite like it. Pity it doesn't happen that often.

>get item
>revisit area for shits and giggles
>visited cainhurst

sure is hard. If youre not returning to areas and making sure theyre clear, thats on you.

Youre heading to hemwick charnel lane/be kidnapped in cathedral ward.

very true. I'm sure there is a lot of publisher pressure when they're developing a game now, but they would be better off for seeing ideas fully through rather than having half baked executions of neat ideas.

It might be a bit of passive storytelling. Mechanically it's fairly unlikely that someone will have the Cainhurst Summons, know where to go with it or have a good idea, and not already have dispatched the Witches. Plus killing the Witches is necessary for Caryll Runes. But from a narrative standpoint it's interesting. Illusions and transposition are the keys to the witches' power. It might be that as long as they're alive they can prevent the stagecoach from arriving. Whether it's to keep someone out or to keep the Family/Vilebloods in is another matter. They might be trying to protect the castle and its inhabitants from people like Logarius (well-intentioned efforts that do more harm than good are a running theme in the Souls games) or specifically to stop you or someone like you from coming to the aid of Annelise, or to just keep a lid on everything that happened there as part of the larger effort to preserve what's left of Yharnam.

You faggots used a guide to find Ebrietas, Cainhurst, and T3 Moon Rune.

you gay

only ebrietas, but it wasn't a guide.
I mentioned in a thread how the upper cathedral was a letdown after the emissary fight, and someone guided me in to look around the area after the fight.

It's a Fake Iosefka, Real Iosefka got transformed into a tfw to intelligent blue alien

Only Cainhurst. I don't think I have the latter and I found the former by just seeing the window after the emissary.
>oh boy what's down here!
>oh fuck!

>T3 Moon Rune
Was this that thing with the giant brain with eyes?

>cut chalice dungeons entirely
>make 2 more cainhurst-esque areas using more and aesthetics of is, loran, or pthumeru
>some form of blood gem refining/crafting instead of RNG drops
>combine byrgenworth and research hall into a full university area
How much does the game improve?

I like the chalice dungeons.
They were far from being perfect but I enjoy spelunking.

>cut chalice dungeons entirely
but i like chalices

Same, I played the game way more than I otherwise would have due to the short root chalice quick join feature.

I'd rather they keep the chalice dungeons, but improve on them. I think they're a good idea implemented poorly.
>new roaming bosses such as Ebrietas, Bloodletting Beast (including Headless), Rom, etc.
>more variation in visual design of Isz, Loran, and Pthumeru
>maybe ignore the canon entirely and add some real wacky shit like roaming Ludwig, roaming Orphan, roaming Living Failures
>dungeons based off Nightmare areas like the Fishing Hamlet, and while we're at it, put Shark Giants in there too
>fix SRRC
>add unique, new enemies and areas instead of the same copypasted rooms and hallways
>maybe even add a """Super Mario Maker"""" for players to create funny, retarded chalices like pic related, but that's a big stretch
Just make the chalices interesting now. The novelty wore off with the same bosses and rooms. I want to go in and genuinely say "what the fuck".

I like the idea of creating chalices, it would be cool too if they tied rewards to what enemies you put in them. Put in harder enemies and you can have more chests with a % chance to drop lost or uncanny weapons.

>put Shark Giants in there too

>Shark Giant duo as a layer boss
>Three rolling fatties as an ultra rare variant of the Merciless Watchers
it would hurt so good

really cool at first
after ~4 hours it became grating
now chalice dungeons when I make a new character are what I hate to go through the most.

>three fattyrollers
you just gave me goosebumps

Yeah, the thing in Mensis.

What about the crown of illusions secret, you know, the path to the Vileblood Queen? That's pretty cryptic if you ask me.

It's a pain in the ass because the game forces you to go through the fixed dungeons, if you had the option to take either the fixed dungeons or progress through Root chalices right away it would be way better.

Yeah, though the item description pretty much spells it out, and you are practically going to find it immediately if you put on the crown right away like I did.

>The stagecoach leaves from Hemwick crossing.

WOW a game doesn't completely hold your hand like very other game what the fuck am I gonna do.

Those fucking blood tick things were the hardest enemies in the game, and for some reason Logarius is always a spammy fuck when I fight him.

They're vulnerable to Righteous and thrust. Ludwig's Holy Blade in either mode and the Kirkhammer in standard mode are excellent choices.

>a specific point in a random area in forbidden woods to get there
The letter says "crossing". There is only one crossing in Hemwick Lane and there's a fairly big circle where you trigger the cutscene. It's really not that complicated.

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the tip user.