What fighting game mechanics have pissed you off?

What fighting game mechanics have pissed you off?

For me it is jump canceling, it isn't the hardest thing but I find its inclusion in a lot of combos to just lower my overall enjoyment of them.

comeback mechanics

All of them, I fucking hate them. Makes the genre unplayable and why I only use fightcade nowadays.

microdashing. that or a dash input after a dash canceled move.

fucking impossible to know the timing.

Crush counter from KoF. If the opponent has an advantage at all and by some miracle you can make use of blockstun to go back into neutral, you get instantly knocked down and sent across the screen. People spam it so fucking much and there is nothing you can do if you don't have meter

X factor

but dude, it's hype xD

Charge moves. Only because I've played on a controller for so long. Now that I'm on a stick it's not as bad but seriously fuck that 319 charge move for Guile in SF4.

try doing jab jab super with guile in ST

Any of the shenanigans where you had to start a charge while doing something off a jump then standing jab (looking at deejay) was just horse shit. I know people can do it, but fuckin hell it was annoying. The only charge I ever used was Dudley's and that was more of a yolo move to throw people off.

backdash causing crush counter
I wish there were more 2D fighters on PC

3S, ST, and JoJo's all have decent playercounts on Fightcade

iad

also this

I don't want to try those because I feel like I'd get constantly destroyed by the savants who never stopped playing

Grabbing in Tekken

I know it's extremely simple to break them, but when I'm in the middle of a game trying to improve my spacing or combos it doesn't occur to me that grabs exist so I can never break them quick enough
And if I start breaking the regular grabs, they pull out the command grabs which really throw me off.
Heihachi's command grab is fucking gay and I feel like all of my Tekken skill and experience is being cucked by some spammy turbotard.

teching grabs was made for retards in 7, you'd drown in tag2

most of the people playing ST on there are idiots so not really

I use to think this, till I started playing a team entirely of keep away meter building characters, knocking me fullscreen puts me to an advantage even though I literally have no projectiles.

Fucking danger time in Xrd, I can go from an almost perfect game to losing the round because they shit out a super right at the start of it.

I also do it some times and love it when it hits, still total bullshit.tho

Rammy a cute

supers where you have to time an extra input for full damage
fuck you i already landed a hit and comboed into it just play the whole animation

You should probably just play Mobas then friend. They're the snowball genre and much like your taste, they're shit.

Ah yes

Fighting games are about le hype comebacks, e celebs, and epic moments- not positioning, footsies, and skill

>Actual autism
What fight games are you playing that a comeback mechanic eliminates all skill from the game? Having a mechanic that helps you get out of a corner, break a combo, or deal some damage back almost always reset the game back to neutral, where footsies, positioning, and skill matter again. Maybe try playing a fighting game before you share your shitty opinion.

I have played plenty of them retard

Getting backed up in the corner is what you get for losing footsies. Some armored or 50% damage comeback mechanic lowers the skill ceiling of the game. TWT was won from a random rage art.

Tekken
Rage mechanics and juggles

2D fighting games already fixed a long combo juggle, it just get boring after the first 15 times your opponent keeps doing the same fucking thing. Rage should have just been a meter instead.

2D fighting games

Jump cancels, crouch blocking.

KoF 14

Everything, but the worst is the 1 button combo that can't be disabled, this has been resolved years ago.

Dat feel when you start forcing your opponant to clash with you so you can go into Danger Time with your meter advantage. Just Slayer Things.

Fightcade is full of shitters, don't worry.

Fighting games with an absurd amount of special moves, or generally fighting games that use a six button layout.

I know it's fun to have options, but sometimes when learning these games you see notes on wikis like "cr.mp is useless, always use cr.mk", if that's the case then why is that button even in the game? Sometimes there are whole special moves or even supers that are useless as well.

>Claims to have multiple fighting games
>Doesn't seem to understand every fighting game is different
>But comeback mechanics are ALL shit he he he
God damn you're fucking retarded. You're literally saying one mistake should lose you the game, like I said go play Dota or something where that's true and get your shit opinion out of fighting games. It's made worse by the fact that most comeback mechanics can't be used until you're at a quarter health, so even after you activate them you still have to outplay your opponent since they're likely way higher. Comeback mechanics aren't just about making spectators enjoy, it's about being in a losing position and having a chance if you can outplay your opponent. If you want games that are "I made a single mistake so I lose" play Mobas or Divekick you actual retard.

Haha what the hell is up with not liking jump cancels, didn't even know that was a thing to hate. It opens so much mix up, blockstring, and combo game. Not to mention it helps make the game feel more fluid.

Sol badguy plays so much fun cause of his jump cancels, fun block strings

Man Sup Forums really doesn't understand fighting games at all, I mean really complaining about throws in tekken sheesh .

Scv come back mechanics was a big reason the game died.

>Man Sup Forums really doesn't understand fighting games at all
Not in the general, all-purpose fighting game threads like these.