Which one of these should I get into?

Which one of these should I get into?
If you don't like MOBAs, what RTS games/etc. should I play instead?

Neither, it's a huge time- and mind health-sink

This desu. But if you must know, dota.
I have 1200ish hours in it and probably less than 10 in league so I'm biased, but i really hate leagues artstlye and characters and abilities in dota feel like they have more impact to me. League i find super dissatisfying. Also dota has every hero unlocked from the start so theres that.
Getting into a moba is hard though, especially now.

League is more accessible but has ultra grind for champions outside of free weekly rotation. Dota has more mechanics and harder to get in but has everything unlocked. Both games' communities are utter shit and should be fucking killed with fire.

>2k victories in LoL
>2k hours in Dota2

Don´t go for Dota2, it´s literally dying and Valve it´s just feeding of its own carcass. LoL is getting constant shit and for shit i mean champs, events, reworks, meta changes, etc...

Moved to Dota2 like 5 years ago and loved it, but since 6.xx everything went down, now it´s just shit.

None.
It's too late now. Both of those went to trash.

try smite

>If you don't like MOBAs, what RTS games/etc. should I play instead?
Battle Realms
Company of Heroes
Supreme Commander
Warcraft series
Age of Empires series
Age of Mythology
Dawn of War
Command and Conquer series (RA2 and Generals ZH especially)
Battle for Middle Earth series

I'm probably forgetting a couple. You'll probably want to dig up RTS generals in the archives, Sup Forums and /vg/ have them from time to time.

You missed the chance to play good dota. Back in 2011 / 2012 before the beta was open was the golden years. I'm not even talking about scrubs, BRs, russians, chinks, etc., the game itself was much better back then.
Now there's too many items, too many talents, the powercreep got so fucked up. So many heros can be OP as fuck.
And you can only take Valves abuse for so long. They totally fucked up the art style of that game by allowing any idiot to submit sets because they love selling you treasure chests. And people won't buy treasure chests if the sets don't have all kinds of fucking particle effects and glowing shit and different animations and special icons so the whole game has gone to shit.
Seriously if I was icefrog i would have necked myself by now (he probably already did)

I dont know why but i have the feeling Dota is dying and the last patches made it a worse experience. Dont know about lol though.

>Back in 2011/2012
>BRs, russians, chinks

There was no stage of Dota's existence that didn't have them

Didn't the older asset creators move to CS:GO and TF2?
I remember reading an article where the artists were getting screwed with the payment AND overall how idioticly difficult it is to get lower tier skins sold because those who are prepared to spend money, only do so on the rarest stuff. Or through chests.

i think plebs should be open to change mate, i think talents
addition is like the best thing that happened to dota, as for monkey king i agree he's a questionable hero...

7.00 ruined dota for majority of the community, league looks like shite as well so neither

>Read this
>Remember my first dota2 game
>dem chills
>so fucking comfy
>we were all fucking noobs just messing around
>Eventually diretide gets anounced
>I don´t even know what it is
>see candies, rosh and jukes everywhere

Man i miss the old days.

As a DOTA player my advice is to stay far away from it.

Diretide 1 / Post TI2 era was the fucking zenith of Dota 2. Diretide was so much fun and the only good event Valve ever did. Everyone wanted to hatch their greevil eggs so you had something to work towards and the game itself was a fun break from normal Dota. The fact that you got rewarded with cosmetics made it worthwile to play, too.
Back then I could play Dota for 16 hours straight and have a blast.

If you want to play a free game, play dota.
If you want to play a """free""" game, play LoL.

If you really want to play a Moba, pick Dota. People will say it's broken but it's really not. The abilities are strong and impactful unlike League where the beginning part of the game mostly boils down to poking until someone is weak enough to jump on, the towers don't hit as hard so you can be aggressive early, there are way more mechanics so it has a higher skill ceiling, and you start with every character unlocked so you don't have to grind. You can just play the game. That being said it's harder to get into because it also has a higher skill floor, and people will get pissy, so keep that in mind.

>Follow a hearthstone streamer
>he starts getting into League of Legends
>Having fun at first learning the game
>weeks pass
>Every time he plays league now he's salty and frustrated at his teammates
>Never seems like he's actually enjoying the game even when winning

Instantly reminded me why I quit LoL after season 1

Would you rather deal with russians or chinks

fun days when i stole candy from normies
such fun

You should play HotS