Sonic fans think this is bad for a Sonic game

Sonic fans think this is bad for a Sonic game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68EzgPTsjVU&index=20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It wasn't very good
Music was top tier tho
youtube.com/watch?v=68EzgPTsjVU&index=20

It's a good game, just not a good Sonic game.

generations > forces > lost world >>>>> unleashed
haven't played colors

It has a fucking run button

Please explain why Forces is that high. I would put colors in that spot, but you haven't played it.

Yes, that's how a plat former should be, that's why mario games control so well. The speed mechanic that's forced into sonic games where Sonic has to start off slow like a starting a oversize loaded truck is the reason why most Sonic games are bad.

I still can't decide if I like this or Forces better. Both are unremarkable as shit, but at least Lost World tried doing its own thing in a way that's not completely pitiful like Forces. On the other hand, Forces doesn't have bullshit like Lost World sometimes does, because it pretty much has nothing and plays itself. Don't know.

Guys, let's fix Sonic the Hedgehog.

That's because it is. Webm related.

>Modernfags WILL go through incredible mental gymnastics in order to defend this

What is wrong fellow Sonic fan?

does anyone remember the old sonic rpg flash game?

I liked the first zone, shame about the rest though.

Why is Sonic 06 NOT Sonic Adventure 3?
Am I missing something here? It uses all the old ideas of the original Sonic Adventure. hub worlds, alternate gameplay, different stories, it's all there.

Are you actually guys asking for a game that's literally named " Sonic Adventure 3"?

yes. because that will totally make it different

Took away too much from Mario Galaxy and lost it's identity. The level themes were incredibly uninspired and the new bad guys were 1-note and boring. Some of the music was okay though when it wasn't sounding like Mario music. Also the story is fucking all over the place tone wise. We don't even really learn what the Lost Hex even is at all.

>oh hey, this is pretty cool, with the rotating world. its a bit like galaxy or something, this is awesome
>2nd level is fucking awful 2d sonic bullshit
why hasn't there been a good sonic game in over a decade?

We all know it is

>30 second loop for half an hour
good lord no

>Sonic featuring Mario Galaxy
>not bad

>tfw the Sonic Mania team won't make Mania 2 as a 3D Sonic game that celebrates the games released up to Sonic 06

It's a more serviceable Sonic game than the likes of Shadow and 06 scheme wise but what's off about Lost World is that it's far too Mario centric in terms of tone and gameplay. Sonic isn't Mario, he's supposed to evolve off of him and he did that perfectly fine with the Genesis games and Advance games. Another game that has this issue is the likes of Colors where the 2D gameplay really feels like a Mario-a-fied Boost gameplay where it doesn't have the crunch Unleashed and Gens had with the boost mechanic and ultimately looks far more infering to physics based 2D gameplay (e.g Mania) by comparison.

Basically LW is just a weak attempt at something Sonic was suppose to be pass from in terms of inspiration and in turn makes his original and even boost style gameplays more polished and intricate looking back at them.

>Forces over Unleashed
Nigga

>Yes, that's how a plat former should be
3D Mario doesn't have a run button, and 3D World doesn't count. You don't need a button when you have analog controls, and the only reason Sonic does it poorly is because the dev team behind them are shit. Sonic Utopia does it perfectly fine, so no, you don't need a run button if you just have competent controls.

good
Mania 2 should be all new 2D levels now

You posted this in another Sonic thread word for word, so I guess you're just shitposting. Sonic 4 will never be Sonic 4 and Mania is Sonic 4 because it's exactly how a proper title with that name should play. Same with 06. Hell people are now considering Unleashed a more "faithful" Sonic Adventure, just because it hits the notes of the good parts of Adventure almost perfectly, far better than what Heroes, Shadow and 06 ever has done.

Fans decide how they want their shit, this happens in any other fandom ever. (e.g Mario 3D World isn't a sequel to the 64 line of Mario's, Legend of Korra is heavily considered non canon to the original Avatar, etc.)

Sonic 06 was supposed to be a soft reboot of sorts iirc, which's why the game is named Sonc The Hedgehog.

You never played Unleashed, did you princess?

Well, I wouldn't call it a good game. It was a step in the vaguely right direction for the franchise.

Can I have the image where Sonic stares down all the Forces villains but laughs at Zavok?

Thank you.

It's Mario 64 meets Sonic, and it's good.