PC gaming finally died

PC gaming finally died.

F

>even the poorfag cards are getting expensive
What the fuck is happening?

Bitcoin

>tfw you already have a PC

Shouldn't have listened to Waitfags desu.

Are those even powerful enough for mining though?

What site is this?

The good news is that all good games can be played with a cheapshit 970

prices are fine here in cuckland eu

it's not btc it's eth/monero

Cryptocurrency was a mistake.

Speaking of CPU upgrades, how long will we have to wait to get a new CPU to not suffer from that meltdown/spectre bug thing?

New generations, since it has to be fixed on the hardware side, can't be fixed in software.
Intel cancelled their 2018 CPU lineup because of the drama.

>tfw you bought your 1080 in March 2017
thank god I finally pulled the trigger and built a system

PC Master Race has been nothing but a Redditor meme for the last decade.
It died after Crysis Warhead.

t. soyboy

A 1050ti is enough to play every game at decent settings and it's barely increased. It's good for any normie that wants to get into PC gaming

This bullshit is legit why I decided not to upgrade my PC this year and buy a PS4 Pro instead and play some of the Sonybro exclusives instead.

Score one for the Xbros!

What in the fuck is this about?

>tfw you have no reason to upgrade at least until 2020

Google "Meltdown" and "Spectre".

>tfw bought sapphire 290 for 220 yuros on release
>tfw it still plays everything on High/Ultra at 60 fps
>tfw Doom Vulkan gives me 120 fps on all Ultra
nvidiafags btfo

>all these computation cycles and electricity poured into literally nothing of use

We could be doing shit like seti@home or the human genome project but noo, it's better to waste those resources on bruteforcing pretend internet money.

Humans are cancerous parasites, more news at 11.

I want to upgrade my pc but want to continue using DDR3, what are my options?

Still have a 6300 and a 660.

There's a bunch of good stuff coming, normally I'd recommend to just upgrade since there will always be something better next year, but this mining fuckfest has really screwed over prices beyond any recognition for at least the next year, I've never seen it so bad.

>they don't know

pretty much all crypto is crashing like fucking mad right now, get ready to see some stabilization of the gpu market and check to find some used gpus on ebay soon

>still have 270x
>can still play everything in 1080p
heh

I'm jelly

>exclusives
You meme bloodborne and that's it

It's even worse here in Poland due to the 23% tax
1080 Ti costs roughly 1250$ here right now for non-reference cooled version.

>intel
Lol

>bitcoin dying its meme death as world regulation started coming down so it can't be used for the only things its good for; ie buying drugs/people/guns/organs
>people still trying to mine

I hate greed fueled retards

>People gave money to bitconnect
lmao

PC gaymen is coming back.

i bought a house trading btc for usd and im not even in the states, i have two friends that did the same
shit is good for people who know where to invest their money :D

I got one right near the 390 launch for 180 bucks, still powering through. Fucking amazing.

The heavily used GPU's in shoddy packaging that have been running fullspeed without proper cooling for months on end, which will break down conveniently a few months after warranty, if they even come with warranty

Combine this with RAM prices going up 300% because of samsung running the supply completely dry and it's literally twice as expensive to build a PC than it was 2 or 3 years ago, with no end in sight

Yup, it might just the best card I've owned since NVIDIA's 8800.
I almost got the 970 instead, but then the 3.5 thing happened. Dodged a fucking bullet there.

There's quite a few I want to try.
The ports of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls in non-shit framerate, couldn't stomach either of them on PS3 due to framerate being in sub 20s
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Dissidia 3
Bloodborne (obviously)
Dragon's Crown
Odin Sphere
Gran Turismo Sport
The Yakuza games as well as the upcoming Hokuto no Ken game
Ghost of Tsushima
Gravity Rush 1 and 2
Killzone 4
Infamous 3
JoJo Eyes of Heaven
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Uncharted Trilogy HD and Uncharted 4 and Last of Us
The upcoming MediEvil remake
Metal Max Xeno
Dragon Quest 11
Natural Doctrine
Persona 3/4/5 Dancing Trilogy and Persona 5
WipeOut Omega

Some of these are still upcoming, but out of the already released ones I'd say I'll have plenty of vidya to play in 2018. I deliberately am going to avoid PC multiplats since I'll play those eventually when I upgrade PC next year.

May all memecurrencies crash hard and die.

>all radeon cards except for RX550 and 560 out of stock almost everywhere
>1050ti overpriced
>1060 3GB overpriced
>1060 6GB and above extremely overpriced
Best to just grab a RX560 4GB or a 1050ti and play on medium settings while waiting for this madness to die

Hopefully the bitcoin meme will die this year.

Hardware Unboxed on Jewtube.

Amen to that. Seriously fuck CryptoCancer. Literally ruined my plans for building a new PC this year, combined with the Meltdown+Spectre fiasco.

1050Ti is more than good enough
Better than consoles at least

>tfw upgraded in november

Sure you did buddy, its not like no one would cash out crypto for more then 50k at the height of the craze, no that didn't happen.

I'm currently using one and while it's not the best 1080p card, it does the job.
Sucks that I can't play AC:O at 60fps though.

The hobbyist market is fucked

You'll have to get prebuilds now

>1050Ti is more than good enough

thanks to the crash, it's barely profitable to mine.

even the most cost efficient miner pulls in about $1.60 a day now. people who thought they'd get a ROI in four months are now looking at over a year.

people who went and stacked up on GPUs got burned the hardest.

Cryptocurrencies are such a fucking joke, and I hope all the dumbasses that invested into mining rigs lose everything.

Why don't they just make more to fit the demand? It's like they are pretending that it's a bad thing that graphic cards sell like hotcakes.

It is not candy they are making, gpus take valuable metals and complex manufacturing.

the people who build farms aren't exactly hurting for cash to begin with. The majority of the people are just playing around and will feel no actual damage from their monetary loss.

any actual rebuttal?
Or are you confused as to what "good enough" entails?

>it's possible to mass produce graphic cards for fucking everything to fit the demand
>it suddenly becomes a problem in the original PC market

dankeschon

Good enough for what is the real question. Playing minesweeper?

It's called artificial scarcity numbnuts
Retards are willing to buy $800 GPUs

I was going to build a new PC this year, but fuck this. I'll wait. I can't play the newest big games, like AC: Origins, Shadow of War or PUBG, but fortunately I don't give a slightest fuck about those.
However, I wanted to play Nier: Automata and some games realising this year, like FFXV or Ni no Kuni 2. But fuck this, I'll wait. It's not like I don't have a three digits long backlog to clear. I think I'll start with Sleeping Dogs and Romancing Saga 2.

They're buying the cards with the best power to price rate. When the most powerful cards' prices go up, slower cards become more cost-effective, so they start to buy those. And their prices also go up. And so on.

Sure hope so.

Its not just bitcoin. Its chinese players too. 60% of steam players are now chinese and they're buying tons of cards..

Hopefully, in time for the Vive Pro.

>B-B-But you're lying to the internet
>g-g-get a PC over Xbox
I'm glad this shit is dying, took it long enough.

Way to out the loop idiot, biggest news about CPUs for weeks now

> MORE THEN 100% PRICE INCREASE
HAHAHAHA

Go over to and see for yourself, pretty entertaining to watch right now.

Guess I'll just be happy with my 980 until it stops working.

I knew these bitcucks where up to no good
/biz/ genocide when?

Until it crashes then cryptomemers warehouses full of cheap high end GPUs for everyone

You know what to do, user.

damn, the rx 480/580 are really sweetpot gpus at msrp price

you should invest in a psone instead.

kek bitcoin meme is already over before it started.

>have always been needing a new gfx card
>bought an ultrawide monitor months ago
>finally pull the trigger on a ~$900 GTX 1080ti just yesterday
>Amazon
>unknown availability date
>Amazon want creditcard instead of giro because of high price
>don't have one because not an amerifat
>call support hotline, total backwater pajeed answering
>order will be auto canceled in 24h
>new price has already exploded
>told to use shit amazon money account for giftcards instead
>read TOS, no cash pay-out possible
>mfw

OKAY, I guess I'll just buy a car instead or something. High-end gaming is over I fucking hate myself.

>tfw got an i7 laptop with a g-sync screen, 16gb RAM and a 6GB 1060 for $900 in the black friday sale

2018 is the year of the prebuilts. It's literally cheaper now

I wish all of of the bitcoin fags off themselves so I can get some cheap cards off their estate sale

Yup, I'm buying an Xbox One X this year and a Switch, PC is dead and Sony has nothing I want.

>laptop

I didn't. Got my PC just in time. Got 8 gigs of ram for 30 and my 1060 for 240. Feelsgoodman.

>laptop

Graphics settings exist for a reason
Use them and a 1050ti is plenty for 1080p

Okay so when is Bitcoin going to fucking die?

Because it's clearly not that simple. Nvidia and AMD are both fabless. They rely on TSMC (primarily) and GloFo for production. If those fabs are already operating at capacity (bearing in mind they serve many other companies too), you can't just ramp up production at the snap of a finger. It would require building an entire new fab, which costs literally billions of dollars and which wouldn't be ready for several years anyway. That's a hell of an investment to make on the gamble that this level of demand will persist, rather than returning to normal at some point and leaving you with facilities that will never recoup the cost of building them.

Play sleeping dogs

I played through most of my PS1 backlog already actually, same with SNES.
Currently clearing PS2 and PS3 backlog.

>laptop
Protip, 1060M is not the same as 1060, it's MUCH weaker.
You're an idiot.

It'll be back soon once the meme dies.

>IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING

It is the same GPU you brainlet, but since its a laptop that user has to worry about shit thermals and power supplied to it

>want to upgrade my PC
>cant because of crypto cucks
feels fucking terrible

Damn no wonder they're trying so hard to convince everyone not to kill themselves

It's not, compare specs of 1060 and 1060M, they're two different cards.

Its still a GP106, lower clock thanks to the TDP

Lower clocks mean it doesn't perform as good and you can't bring it back up to the proper clocks without burning your laptop so the point still stands, it's a weaker version of the card.

in theory it shouldn't be that much different. in practice, though, as that user said, temperature control is a bitch.

Nocoiners are literally subhuman. Look at the x-axis. People were going mental when it reached 10k a month ago

>mfw Australian
>prices are still comfy/low