unknownworlds.com/subnautica/launch/
youtube.com/watch?v=VCN-XHOixRY
youtube.com/watch?v=WOk4Nyq4sNM
youtube.com/watch?v=AM4ucMG0rtA
youtube.com/watch?v=02mdjK4xH8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

very good

/thread

It's an open world survival game that actually stands out from others for being different.

It is pretty good, but is spooky as fuck.

Release is in like 6 days. I've heard bad things about the performance, hows it? Also is there an actual story mode?

I think they've fixed most of the performance issues, I havent noticed any slowdown or lag.

And it has a story, basically you can do everything up to leaving the planet, they just havent implemented the ending I believe.

So I have this game in my library for some reason. Maybe a humble bundle? Anyway, last time I saw one of these threads an user said to just wait until release since it was close. Is that still the case? Should I wait for the final release or is it worth playing in EA?

Wait for full release as it's coming this month and yes I'm sure it has been in a bundle or 2.

Dunno if he is Sup Forums approved, but CohhCarnage is playing it right now, his stream is very comfy IMO you can check it out there.

FLAWLESS EXECUTION
PERFECT TIMING
ONE OF OUR FINEST MOMENT
*SHTING *SHTING*
WHAOO bro!
*dilulilulum*

Did it actually get released?

in a week

Jan 23rd

oh nvm i'm a dummy

Hehe

Very good. Becomes a different game if you have VR. Just wish there were more stuff to craft.

It's okay, but the survival aspect is a "it only works once" experience since things will spawn in the same general areas and once you know where to get the means to produce the optimal food(Basically doable effortlessly as soon as you got the Seaglide) it is basically over.

The game really could done with some more randomization honestly so you can't immediately beeline to the best upgrades.

I do like that they made the scanner room easier to make though, good early QoL upgrade now.

>believing their lies

Didn't they say back in October it would be released before the endo f the month too?

Ok, sounds good. Looking forward to it. Thanks user.

wow *hits soundboard* so *hits soundboard* badass!

are you ok?

The price point pretty much gives it away -- there isn't a ton to it but you can do what little there is for a long time. Plus piloting the submarine is fun as fuck.

twitch streamer le ebin scared reaction compilation bait game

Did he remove terraforming yet? I don't want to reinstall until I know it won't run like total ass

Reminds me of this one stream I watched.

>Watching this one guy on Mixer
>Has the user soundboard thing on because it's a charity stream
>People realise one of the sounds is busted and has no cool down
>Stream becomes a cacophony of this one sound

Fucking soundboards

Yeah, last update finally switched it out completely. Game finally runs consistently after that.

It's been gone for awhile, I think they also baked the environment finally but don't quote me on that.

Reminder that there's no point waiting for the release. The only difference between current version and 1.0 is that 1.0 has the ending and the upate is save game compatible.

It's perfectly safe to play now you just cant see the credits til the update hits.

>Anyway, last time I saw one of these threads an user said to just wait until release since it was close. Is that still the case? Should I wait for the final release or is it worth playing in EA?
I was the user who advised you to wait. Release is still schedules for the 23rd, so 6 days now.
Here’s the devs Trello they’ve kept updated for at least a year now - trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap
Here’s their release livestream - unknownworlds.com/subnautica/launch/

So yeah, I’d say this is pretty much happening. They’ve had delays before, but not this close. I doubt they’ll push this back at this point.

It’s certainly worth playing. I’ve gotten my $20 out of it and then some just from the EA content. I’d just suggest waiting so you don’t have to restart in a few days if they update it with content that requires you to reset your world (which they might).

While not completely untrue, I think you’re underselling how good it is the first time.
As long as you don’t use a guide, that first experience is god-tier. Discovering the islands, exploring the Aurora, finding the fast-travel system, realizing just how deep you can go and how much content is underground…
I admit repeat playthroughs have parts where you’re just checking boxes on getting started, but it still has a lot of appeal.

Their initial release date was in October, but they pushed it back well before the proposed date. It's too close now; I really think it's happening.

How good of a PC you need to play Subnautica in good visual settings

*over acts*
AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH, I'M LIKE TOTALLY SO SCARED RIGHT NOW!11!
*fakes laughter*
AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA THAT'S SO HILARIOUS!!

I went from barely being able to play at 800x600 everything disabled (not stable at all) to playing it nice and stable at 1280x720.

They removed terraforming which let them bake the terrain so they don't have to constantly check for changes and load them. I was so happy when the perf patch came out.

It's a fantastic game if you like exploration.

It would be better if you didn't CONSTANTLY have to look for food and water

just stock up a little

It's great but it gets ruined easily by looking things up on a wiki or whatever

I don't know man, many survival games have this issue of making it a constant "okay I just gathered a, oh I'm low on b again.. okay got b and a is still looking decent, but I'm almost out of c"
eventually it comes around

You don’t though. I don’t recall being inordinately focused on those.
There’s also “Freedom Mode” where the food/water mechanics are disabled and the only resources you have to manage are health and Oxygen. Seems right up your alley.

Once you get to the floating island (which you can swim to right at the beginning) and can start growing your own fruits, food/water becomes a non-issue. You can even put some growbeds in the Cyclops.

Cohh is fucking garbage and so are (you)

Cooh allways struck me as very fake.

If you spend a bit of time at the beginning gathering salt and fish you will be settled for food for a long time
Slash apart some coral for superior water and then you can focus on getting some growables like Marblemelons and Lantern Fruits

>it's a stream gets interrupted every 10 seconds by donations and subs episode
No thanks, looks awful

It's good but it's gonna have a full release next month i think with the final part of the story being released.

Make a thermal knife. You can also raise Reginalds and make water purifiers. Or just grow watermelons which are busted

No co-op is a fucking travesty. I just want to build a comfy sealab and hang out with my friends.

They really gonna need to add a alternative Sunbeam Ending, shit is a glaring loophole.

Yeah sucks it blows up.

>shit is a glaring loophole.

?

Really? No more popping in? When did they fix that because less than a year ago I played it again only to be disappointed that it was a major issue.
That was it, though? Because there was terraforming? I don't think anyone would miss that anyway, it never seemed like a major feature.

The pop in is still obnoxiously bad in the Mushroom Forest biomes, but isn't nearly as much of problem as it was in the other biomes.

It's pretty good, the game is still not finished but I found building more enjoyable than most survival/horror games. I hope they add some more vehicles in the game and expand on the map.

Better but still frustratingly bad at times.

Normalfags btfo, fuck off you friend-having scum. You don't deserve good videogames.

When was this change made exactly? I'm not sure if I already played this fix or not because it was still bad when I played at last time I played about a year ago as it was three years ago.

December update

Natural Selection 2 died for this twitch bait.

What are your specs?

Supposedly expansions are to follow.

Alright, I'll check it out next week on full release then. I kept forgetting terraforming was even a thing, I can't remember if I ever even got the terraformer.

Basically the idea is that if you rush so you can turn of the AA-cannon before the Sunbeam arrives the Sunbeam shouldn't get shot down by the cannon (since it is turned off) and be able to pick you up and let you skip the BUILD ROCKET phase.

As far as more vehicles go im actually pretty surprised there wasn't a Hovercraft/Boat that is fast but stuck to the surface but between the Seamoth and the Cyclops, maybe with a Diving bell or something.

?

>actually following up on ice biome

yes please

I have it and I have only played it for about 2 hours, it needs multiplayer/co-op. I heard rumors that they were planning on adding that, is it true? If not then I will just refund.

*BING BING*
*WAHOO*
*1 DONATION UP*

Nope, people keep asking for it but they've said multiple times that it's not happening.

>tfw not a friendless virgin

>Natural Selection 1 had a 12414 millions playerbase

It looks great but i simply cannot play games like these without co-op.

Why? Multiplayer in games that aren't dedicated MMOs just ruin the experience, imo.

Shame, the game could only benefit from it. Refund it is. Thanks user.

There should be an option to play alone or with a group of friends. Simple.

If the devs have any brains they'll make a sequel with co-op. That'll be a fucking cash cow.

The whole game's point is that you are stuck alone on an alien world. Co-op doesn't make sense in Subnautica and would ruin the experience. You have plenty of other co-op games to dick around with your friends.

I just think basebuilding/exploration games are a lot more fun with friends.

>it never seemed like a major feature.

It was before the game ended up in development hell for 3 years. Very obvious that they initially intended a larger scale game but realized it was too risky and too much effort so they decided to add a few alien lego buildings and a bit of text over a couple of years. Subnautica is still good but it was at its best before they added the alien shit that ruined the atmosphere. Not to mention laughable aesthetic failures like the intro fire sequence with the awful music. Also they turned reapers into scenery, you can fucking ram them in seamoth and get away 99% of the times. They used to easily catch you and fuck your shit up if you got too close. They removed the terrifying higher pitch roars too for some reason.

YES

>Thought it would be an adventure game
>mfw it's a horror game

>subs
Teehee

They've already announced a launch party at an Aquarium. No way to back out now.

this post reads like it's from 2007

>Basically the idea is

Is that even possible without cheats? I mean you need loads of shit to get to the places you need to go to cure the disease/whatever. Or does the sunbeam never come if you don't listen to the radio? Seems like something that is only an issue if you already know everything about the game.

Someone mentioned the Sunbeam has a total noob as driver, so it crashes regardless. Can't confirm though.

>watch cohh awhile back
>someone subscribes
>he says "Welcome to the community"
It feels weird to have to pay 5$ to be in a online "community" always struck me that hes an asshole.

The whole giving money thing seems weird to me. Walk up to a streamer in real life and hand him 5 bucks and tell him this is my donation. Shit's gonna be weird.

Basically streamers are taking advantage of lonely men. They become their friend. And they belong in a community.

They already wanted to make this one co-op at first, but then found out it would fuck too much with established programming. So instead of half-assing it or starting over from scratch, they decided to shelf it for now.
So I essentially agree with you. But I'm glad they're finishing up what they currently have cause it's fantastic.

>They removed the terrifying higher pitch roars too for some reason
I don't know what weird ass version you're playing, but I still nope the fuck out as soon as I hear that sound.

When did the reaper changes happen? I played the game in october, did I experience soy reapers or the real deal?

there's a co-op mod in development that's supported by the devs

I'm on the current build and Reapers definitly don't wail like they used too, you could here that shit across the biome.

The "rrraaaaaaaEEEOOOOOWRRR" was removed a long time ago. Try looking at older reaper videos on youtube, i know there's at least one where you can hear it. Laughed at "soy reapers", not gonna lie.

Got a vid? I only got in after Silent Running. Was the sound different or could it just be heard farther?

youtube.com/watch?v=VCN-XHOixRY

Kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=WOk4Nyq4sNM
This sound I think.
Yeah it's pretty cool, big high-pitch sound you can hear from far away

youtube.com/watch?v=AM4ucMG0rtA

Are these sounds still in?

>tfw they removed the rare lewd Seamoth lines because gotta hit that pegi 7 rating

What a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=02mdjK4xH8U

They were when I was playing (october). They should be louder though.

They never introduced the female model they promised, so fuck em

Doesn't really sound different to me. A few ending notes maybe.

Not plenty like subnautica. I said OPTION btw, not miltiplayer only.

I think of it more like giving tips to a entertainer. There are a shitton of streamers that take advantage of the viewers titty streamers for one.

>Used to watch this one guy I found to be chill
>Worst was when a few of his retarded friends would join the call TieTuesday and Psychedelic Eyeball. Those 2 are some of the most insufferable cunts I swear.
>Started to use face cam
>Soon subs, donations and other shit filling the screen
>New sub/resub alert covers the middle of the screen and you can't see the game

Glad the only person I watch any more uses Mixer purely for the low stream delay.