I really don't understand the hype

I really don't understand the hype

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VIoBXsVMbXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

only one of those games is fun to play

It's a step up from a Ubisoft Montreal game, but nothing mind blowing from my forty hours of game play.

Assassins creed isn't that fun, but I guess in comparison, yeah

I really don't understand the hate

More fun than , that's for sure.

indeed, it was fun running away from the guards because the ost was so good

The top one reveals a section of the map and automatically marks down all the stuff you cam go do.
The bottom one reveals a section of the map and then requires you to ACTUALLY EXPLORE in order to find all the stuff you can do.

Too bad there's nothing to do

What is an open world game with more stuff to do in it?

Towers in BOTW were a mistake, they should've been dungeons/temples you had to complete in order to access the map for that area

Look mom i posted again XD

any open world with actual quests
that even includes the new ass creed

Oh and botw.

Ass Creed towers just populate your mini map with tons of shit. Zelda towers require you to search yourself, maintaining the immersion.

What's the difference. At least AssCreed have point of interest rather than nothing.

Watching someone else play the game on YouTube isn't the same as playing it yourself.

kek
no

Botw has many more side quests than any of the ass creed games, objectively.

>require you to search yourself
Intrusively sticks out in the world like a big, red, thumb. At least AssCreed is earnest and doesn't lie to the player like you're searching far and wide for Ubisoft towers when they're essentially right in your face.

ass creed origins actually has more sweetie

They should've done reverse Ubisoft towers and have underground labyrinths. Something like that to at least break the mould.

>more fucking Shrines
No thanks. The Towers were fine, considering almost all of them had some kind of obstacle you had to overcome to climb it in the first place.

WE

Not an argument

You don't understand game design and haven't actually played botw. What would a proper point of interest look like to you?

OP's very first console was probably an Xbox 360

Its about physics and interactivity. Shit you can think of with abilitiesare endless
youtu.be/VIoBXsVMbXI

There hasn't been one in this quote chain yet.

What is to do in BOTW besides the shrines and fetch quests from towns? It doesn't mark shit on the map since the only thing to mark would be shrines and a town if in range.
Korok seeds I guess.

I'm going out on a limb and assume that OP started playing video games after 2007 thus rendering his opinion completely worthless.
But it's cool that kids these days are passionate about these subjects, even if they can't talk about them for shit.

Breath of the Wild fan's first Zelda game was probably Breath of the Wild.

Not shrines, dungeons.
>but shrines are dungeons
no, they aren't. Shrines are dogshit

My first Zelda was ALTTP back in '91.
I really really love BotW too.

I don't know how it is in other games but towers in botw serve a strong purpose by giving the player a high point to glide from, at anytime by way of teleportation, and into any part of the vast surrounding area to explore.
This is important because
1: Sometimes you want to get somewhere but it's really far away. You look on the map and realize the fastest route would be to teleport to the tower and glide from there.
2: Gliding just feels good and you'll always want to do it while you're playing. Again, thanks to teleportation the tower instantly provides a high point to fulfill any gliding needs.

That's because you have an IQ of 20 and believe a picture shows the whole game.

Let me help you a bit, though.

I agree. It's fun sneaking around poppin' templars.

My first zelda was The Legend of Zelda. Botw is currently my favorite.

Literally CopyPaste Content: The Open-World Experience

Meanwhile, in ass creed...

>1 out of 100 towers climbed, go find the next one champ :)

The gimmicks of the beasts were funny, but overall the dungeons were very weak, so it's not the best example.

Origins factually has more quests than zelda

Meanwhile in Bore of the Wild

>1 out of 100 Seeds found, go find the next one champ ;)

How are any of these objective flaws and not nitpicks put into a vacuum being repeated ad nauseam?
I get that you faggots got bored of getting BTFO for TEN MONTHS so now pretend that the consensus is that the game is shit but this is just desperate.

No, they were not "very weak". You are a retarded shitposter on Sup Forums who has zero clue about level design and that's all anyone should have to say about or to you.

This is cool and all but it's just like pretty much any puzzle game out there

This is true. You ignore that other guy he's retarded.

I dont even like asscreed

>it's ____ when ________ does it

>short dungeons
>almost no enemies or combat challenges in them before the boss, only eyeball things
>simple puzzles that you likely have seen in shrines already like the electricity chaining

Coincidently, I work as a level designer.
And at work everybody agree to say the beasts were not very good overall, their gimmicks are interesting, but not significant enough to call this good LD.

>nitpicking as if they were game breaking flaws
Don't you get bored of pulling this shit for months?

That's some top quality cherry picking right here.

Literally every single one of them is a valid complaint.

BoTW gets extremely boring 12 hours in unless you've somehow been oblivious to all other open-world games the past 15 years. Considering the status of multiplats on Nintendo, that's not a surprise really.

Damn, so you're telling me an ACTION game has dungeons that are literally on par with PUZZLE games that solely focus on puzzles? Guess you really proved the poster you just quoted right since Assassin's Creed or other open world do not have that depth anywhere.

Maybe use your brain before posting.

God, stop posting, you embarrassing clown.

Ah yes the "industry expert" that can't see what the big deal with BotW is.
This is, what, the fourth one this week? do level designers even work or do they just shitpost about the GOTY 2017?
Stop trying to pull this shit, it's transparent and pathetic.

Puzzle games actually make one of BotW's fatal flaws quite clear, at least to me, because they grow more difficult, more complex and create new obstacles out of two previous ones.

keep going, only 3 more til i can fill in another square :)

Then you make a Horizon or Far Cry panorama picture and make those MS Paint squares. Should take you five minutes. Go ahead. Let's make this picture fair if you think it's unfair as it is now. I'm waiting.

I like how you assume that I haven't played the game, despite putting more than forty hours in. I still stand firmly that BoTW is more Ubisoft like than you're willingly to admit, as you're essentially scaling large way point towers, collecting useless junk, completing samey gauntlets, etc.

If you're going to make fun of the competition, at least don't copy it then pass it off as completely different when it's not.

>Sup Forums likes botw
>oh no wait reddit likes botw now
>Sup Forums hates botw, not only is it not the best game this year, it is also the worst game this year as well as the worst game ever created, wolfenstein 2 is better

Is Zelda an action game now? Because it has a combat system that makes Witcher 3 look like Ninja Gaiden. Its only real value is how you much can fool around with the elements. But in terms of combat, it's no masterpiece.

Not a single one of them is a valid complaint, they're all either exaggerated or outright false.
You faggots got so bored of getting BTFO by people with actual knowledge of game design that you're already pretending that the consensus is different from what it really is.
It's so pathetic, why can't you admit that the majority of the people in this board liked it?

>that webm

That's why we need Zelda/Nintendo and shouldn't listen to braindead shitposters like

You should calm down, I'm just stating facts, if you don't believe me, then go ahead, I already have my job.
I just think you're mixing up something unique with something good.

BotW is as much a puzzle game as it is an action game, maybe more so. There's 120 shrines and 5 "dungeons", and the main purpose of the slate powers is for use in puzzle chambers

This.
stop lying on the internet.

Ah yes, the "industry expert" who has nothing better to do than to attempt and change consensus in an imageboard.
Totally a professional and not a wannabe tastemaker.

Who is getting "BTFO"? Can you talk without coming off as a huge sperg defending the pride of Nintendo against evil online opinions?

Fact is that besides visuals and some elemental interactivity, BoTW is not only extremely derivative, but also extremely repetitive and barebones.

>zelda
>action game

not with that combat

What sheikah slate upgrade gives you the binocular xray vision necessary to see the deer from Princess Mononoke and the deku tree all the way from the starting plateau? You might as well put a box around every single mountain and forest.

I agree. Honestly? Nintendo is cringe

>only 40 hours
get a load of this guy

Why are shitposters growing so confident in being able to prove that the game is bad? Did they start a discord?

This is very disturbing.

It's really not. I like The Witcher a lot, but it's pretty accurate. It's a large, very pretty world, but it's mostly empty of things to do.

Jesus, why the nintendo fans are so agressive of late?
If you played any of these games you'd perfectly knew these panoramas are perfectly cherry picked.
I'm not gonna make a montage juste for a random tool on the internet, if you want to believe you're right, then believe it.

images like this is why I'll never support sony

>minutes nintenbros since last cried over breath of the wild criticism
Really makes you think

In that time I managed to defeat Ganon.

Because that's what an action adventure is, a genre mix. Assassin's Creed is a sorry excuse of an action adventure and doesn't really do any genre any justice. It's hardly even a game. it's just random shit without any depth.

>can parry
>can iframe-dodge
>archery is great and you can do headshots mid-fight
>stealth system
>can use environments and lots of tricks no one is even aware of
>AI is 500 times better than in most action games

1) You are retarded. 2) Action game doesn't mean Devil May Cry and nothing else.

>Jesus, why the nintendo fans are so agressive of late?

Didn't you see the direct? They know they have nothing but ports and indies to look forward to so they've gone full damage control. That and Based Anderson's mario odyssey vid has sent them into a flurry

prove it! prove it!

I never claimed to be an expert, just a level designer like there's many, what's so exceptional in that?
Why are you so defensive?

I don't think anyone here cares about Discord besides Nintendo's dedicated Defense Squad Against Evil Online Opinions.

>based Anderson
We fucking did it, Reddit, we finally took over Sup Forums.
We did it
Epic, fucking epic
Epic for the win
We run this place now

>6 enemy types
>4 weapon types with basic movesets
>30 frame parry window

not so fast Nintendie

Ass Creed Unity had way better combat AND exploration than BoTW. You also got to explore Paris which was pretty nice and way cooler than some generic green forests and hills.

So you can't Google "Horizon panorama" and come up with a picture that less "nitpicked" and proves your claim that Horizon isn't more generic than Zelda BotW as purported by this picture here , and now you just keep shitposting with evasive drivel.

I liked BotW but you're just missing my point that you posted a shitty WEBM

You're not meant to find all the korok seeds. There's 900 seeds because no matter where you go you'll find one. And that's the real point. Relax and explore. They also expand your inventory but you never have to actively search for them because they're everywhere. If you do actually get every single 900 korok seed, your reward is literally a golden piece of shit. That's how much the devs don't want to go searching for every single seed.

That would just make uncovering the whole map an even bigger pain in the ass.

WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE LANDMARKS user
THERE'S EVERYWHERE

so a downgrade

>sonybros still assblasted almost a year later
its the salt mine that keeps giving

The parry window isn't really that big. The dodge window is what's weird.