Why are there so few good 40k games?

Why are there so few good 40k games?

cus games workshop doesnt give a fuck

Gameworkshop will hand out the license to anybody willing to pay for it. So glut of shitty games nobody buys making it harder for the people who could make a good game to sell it to the publishers when the track record shows people aren't buying it.

Dawn of war 3 is good

After THQ collapsed, GW will just give the IP to anyone with a computer and a pulse. That means you get a bunch of literally who mobile devs and other losers making the majority of them.

It's a mash-up setting.

You're essentially asking why people, when given the choice between making a LotR game and a cheap LotR rip-off game would always choose the former.
Why are there so few MvC games? Well, if I get a license for Resident Evil, I'll make a Resident Evil game. If I get Spiderman, I'll make a Spiderman game.

Same thing here.

on the flipside, what are the best 40k games?
I'm new to the franchise but always liked the setting

Because the superior setting now has the perfect game for it. Nothing in 40k will come close to Total Warhams ever.

Space Marine
Dawn of war 2 retribution
Dawn of war Dark crusade
Battlefleet Gothic

Eternal crusade is kinda meh but not as bad as it could be

DoW Dark crusade/Soulstorm if you want large scale RTS. Otherwise, 2+Chaos rising+retribution for smaller scale RTS. Camapigns are pretty good in all of em. Space Marine is a fun enough 3rd person shoot/hack n/slash good for a play through, and cheap. Battlefleet Gothic is decent, though from memory some parts had horrendous balance. Don't even bother with 3.

>Superior setting
>Dragged down to mediocrity by CA.
Honestly, Soulstorm is probably better then TW:W2. Hell, Shogun 2 sure is.

Incompetent devs mostly. Some gems get made like Battlefleet Gothic but for everyone good game you get three bad mobile games.

I also think its hard to do 40k in the ways people want it. Like I would love Rogue Trader experience in a game but to pull it off correctly would require so much and it would only let me down.

>GW blows up the old universe to make Fantasy space marines
>Total War is based on the old fluff and is a massive success
>mfw thinking about the sheer stupidity of it all

I wonder how GW has continued to exist up to this point, someone has to be sabotaging their business efforts but they just keep on going.

>shogun 2 and soulstorm are better than total warhammer
the absolute state of Sup Forumsazzocks
Knowing GW they will say
>This game proves that the AoS setting is popular which is why we classify it as an AoS game.

>someone has to be sabotaging their business efforts but they just keep on going.
His name is Matt Ward, the 5th chaos god

matt ward is a fluff writer for the armybooks.
GW's management was the primary culprit. Their previous CEO was happy making shekels while the company floundered. The new one seems to at least be focused on making GW run better and release new stuff.

>Nu-faction power creep is good
>Trivializing everyone besides Wood elves, Dwarves, and Chaos from TW:W is good
>Unstoppable purely tier 4-5 deathstacks for HE that roll every single other army are good
>Doesn't see the pure superiority of shogun 2
WeW. I got stratagy is a small genre now but keep to some standards and don't overpraise things that don't deserve it.TW:W2 is good, but it isn't that good.

>pure superiority
I too like every ally betraying me during realm divide and oiled gooks climbing walls like spoodermang.

Funny how the empire army is still competitive in MP.

>abloobloo, why are the blobbing
fight them faggot its a sandbox game.
And more often than not the high elves are largely relegated to ulthuan and the bleak coast while malekith unites naggaroth.

GW doesn't want the tabletop to fail so it wants to make sure the games aren't good so they don't outshine their scalping tier shit.
DOW2 was a fluke

the fuck no it isn't?

>you are now aware that there will never, ever exist a total war warhammer 40k
>you will never experience all out carnage in the 41st millennium in the vein of total war

it's such a simple idea really

>I too like every ally betraying me
Pick better allies. Or don't have allies at all, there aren't too many land approach on the map and a 2-3 army sweep is all you need to get from one end of Japan to another. Plus, family trees and trading kids as hostages are fun features. Not to mention mechanically shogun 2 is balanced.

>Funny how the empire army is still competitive in MP.
I don't care much for MP after shogun, I just like grand campaign and coop campaign, where all the imbalances happen show the most.

>fight them faggot its a sandbox game.
It's not the AI, it's me. The AI is as stupid as it ever was, there's no helping them. I happen to like DE and HE and Skaven, but late game there's nothing to stop me from rolling everything short of 2+ armies on siege defense with minimal casualties. I actually need to gimp myself to have any fun and challenge.

>tfw got hooked on Freeblade

just kill me.

When THQ had it, at least we knew what to expect. Now it's handed out to anybody with a bit of pocket change, and we're getting nothing but piles of shit

>all ive wanted was a good RTS campaing like Warcraft 3
>relic only cares about multiplayer

>making a game with regiment based combat for a setting that uses squad based combat
That's dumb. You're dumb.
If you want to experience the "all out carnage in the 41st millennium" then go play Dawn of War 2.