What's Sony's deal with narrative driven, cinematic experiences?

What's Sony's deal with narrative driven, cinematic experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FGesiXAclY8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It makes them money

They sell

Why don't they ever not make something that doesn't has to push story ahead of everything? Even their precious Japan Studio suffers from this.

what's you're problem with shitposting?

curious though, what games are the middle right an bottom left?

I want a Sony game that's just a game that puts game play ahead of story. Even their sillier romps like Fat Princess has to be bogged down with mediocre story telling.

Story-driven zombie games #23 and #24.

Tokyo Jungle 2, when?

Easy way to maximize graphics for advertising. Slow gameplay masks the low framerate and keeps the graphics from being a blur.

normalfags and ironic gaymers like them.

The worst part is their stories aren't even interesting. I wouldn't mind as much if they tried something more unique than imitating Hollywood.

Can you show us the PC exclusive template? I bet it'll just be VNs, "retro" games and dead rts

It worked with Uncharted and TLOU and normie garbage people seem to love it, so they keep doing it and turning all their games into this style now.

What's Nintendo toddlers' deal with making this thread on a daily basis?

I want heavy story out of my games. Unless it's a JRPG, there's no reason why a game should run the gauntlet of having more than 20,000 words.

Sony should learn from Shadow of the Colossus and keep the story telling minimal.

Sony knows how to make movies, and thus their games are movie-like

>Sony knows how to make movies

Not even. Last year they brought Emoji Movie, Baby Driver, and some third awful thing I'm forgetting. Spider-Man Homecoming was decent only because Disney had creative liberties. 2018 is looking pretty awful too. Peter Rabbit, Slenderman, and others aren't looking too well.

aren't they making both a 3D animation spiderman and a live-action Venom movie, along with the MCU spiderman? fucking retards

They have the casual and gay audience. Now that that Nintendo is back maybe theyll start changing a little bit.

mountain blade springs to mind. but that's also completely irrelevant

The theory behind the Venom movie is that it may take place in the MCU. Very unlikely, but rumors are circling that Tom Hoiland is in it. As for Spider-Man: Enter the Spider-verse, it's just a children's cartoon, and possibly Sony/Marvel's answer to DC's multiverse.

Soytendo talking about gay audiences. Oh, I'm laffin.'

Ok but Silent Hill is a Konami IP, not Sony

These games are very good at drawing in the movie crowd into vidya.
Just because us epic hardcore gamers sit around and spend hundreds of hours playing mount and blade or 200+ hours modding a fucking game doesn't mean we can't coexist with this casual style approach to vidya.
It's just a hobby anyway, if it dies and changes into moviegames only. We'll just move on because only a small percentage actually ever an heroes

>Spider-Man Homecoming was decent only because Disney had creative liberties.
>he likes marvel
>he likes capeshit in general

Sony will just fuck everything up if Venom makes it into the MCU

I watch everything disney shits out
fight me

>he says this unironically
Gays, trannies and women sum up the majority of Nintendos audience.

Even if all PC exclusive games were that, that's still quite a variety.
I hope you feel silly for making this post, because you sure look it.

Sorry for not hopping on the contrarian boat just for the sake of opposition.

They've been a Sony thing since the ps1 user.

Honestly, Why does "cinematic" have to be a cuss for gaming now? You can have a good game and have it be "cinematic" without it being boring but devs keep fucking it up for whatever reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGesiXAclY8

Remember One? Just an example of a fun "cinematic" game. We need a revolution or like a Renaissance of some kind. We need to be more creative instead of just copying the uncharted Last of us format every time.

>These games are very good at drawing in the movie crowd into vidya.
I don't get this logic
If you have to change something to get someone's attention, then they never cared for it in the first place
Plenty of game series tried to do that but failed

if it's not a boring 3rd person walking simulator with minimal gameplay, sonybros will not play it.

ponystation: the moviegame platform

Quantum break, rise of the tomb raider, ryse. I dont know, you tell me why microsoft cant make a good game.

Based Sega always got our backs.

>Spider-Man Homecoming was decent

el marveliANO ladies and gentlemen

DCucks still salty after JUSTice League, I see.

marvelcucks still salty after they got exposed by armond white for the shallow plebian shit that they are

both are shit shut the fuck up