Guys, Nintendo is actually selling cardboard for $80

Guys, Nintendo is actually selling cardboard for $80.

Let me repeat that.

Nintendo. Is Selling. C A R D B O A R D. For. $80.

I haven't bought anything Nintendo related since the N64. That may be hard to believe, but it's true. I just... can't wrap my head around this.

Nintendo truly is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it comes with some sort of game, which is probably the majority of the cost
whether that game is worthy of being 60 bucks yet remains to be seen
but the cardboard itself is not 80 bucks

It's still ridiculous.

idk, seems like a fun thing for kids
it could wind up being a better purchase than skylanders/disney infinity, though it is cardboard so there's definitely a big chance of product literally being destroyed by children
but as I said before, it's really dependent on how fun the minigames are

What do you mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU

>have a research and development wing that gets fed MILLIONS OF DOLLARS
>they come in to give their presentation
>"what have you got for us lads?"
>"dude, lets just sell cardboard to morons lmao, they'll buy literally anything we put our name on"

and so they did

Don't mind me, just pirating this game.

It's targeted towards kids. Not everything has to be made for you.

Not only is Nintendo selling Cardboard.

But it will sell out. People will spam Nintendo with angry tweets about how they cannot buy cardboard.

Nintendo is just doing what MSF did 46 years ago. In the 1970s they've been experimenting with what they may want to do in the future. Love hotels, baby carriages, even just regular kids toys. They were trying to get the latest cardboard box technology by infiltrating MSF, but even they couldn't get their hands on the documentation. Now, thanks to their agent in Peru, they've finally created a weapon, a weapon that may surpass Skylanders.

As long as there are soyboys willing to shell money for stuff like this they'll keep on pumping them out every year.

They are actually geniuses.

No it's not but keep on moving goalposts

Did you miss the part where I said that I have not touched a Nintendo product since the N64, or are you incapable of reading?

I think its cute, but luckly Nintendo isn't forcing you to buy it.
wait until the waifu kit comes out and you'll be all over it like a rat.

How do I buy as much as possible?

>The world revolves around me!
You are entitled as you are retarded. You must be a Sony gamer.

No I won't. Stop with the stupid assumptions and take a break from Sup Forums. You don't even know me.

You're sitting here arguing with me about cardboard. Seriously, go sit down and reevaluate your life.

>THEY ARE SELLING CARDBOARDS

Actually games and cardboard

>Lol this is still shit

Shitposters are truly the most degenerate kind of person this board has.

fucking kek

You're the one who started the argument about cardboard compadre

Yeah, you will you dumb waifufag.

I'm not defending it though.

i have a switch and was just...baffled when i saw the video, but i mean its for little kids so i dont care about it

If the cardboard itself wasn't 80 bucks they'd be selling the game separately for a significantly slashed price and letting you supply the cardboard yourself through either raw materials or a set from another supplier (like raspberry pi kits, which are also DIY kits for children)
they don't though because this is all about the cynical pursuit of profit

You can go ahead and try to trivialize this as mere cardboard but it's not, it's an instruction kit. That's like me calling video games silicon or legos plastic.

>Shitposters are truly the most degenerate kind of person this board has.
Not as bad as trip fags. Shitposters atleast adhere to Sup Forums culture. What the fuck do you use this site for by posting a trip for no reason ay? Begging for attention on a anonymous site is pathetic.

What's the appeal of this exactly?

I don't think you and people like you realize how much you're embarrassing yourself right now.

Make it yourself with your kids or are you a soyboy?

You know you can have an opinion on something from an outside perspective right ?...

An example being, I might be 25, but I can look at stuff on Cartoon Network and critique it. I have adult swim on every night and sometimes I'll end up seeing some of the newer cartoons. Does making a statement that "god damn these new cartoons suck dick" mean I want them to cater fucking cartoons to me ?

Just because he thinks this cardboard shit is retarded as fuck (and oh sweet god it is) doesn't mean he even necessarily cares. He's making an observation, you fucking imbecile.

>spend $80 on cardboard game
>accidentally tear out the pieces wrong and rip a part of it
>entire game ruined
Do they really expect kids to have the patience to make all of the intricate shit they showed in the trailer?

Not everyone is American.

Kids make gunpla kits, they can slot together cardboard. Just because you're retarded doesn't mean every child is.

It's fucking cardboard m8.

It's a stupid idea for kids, it's a stupid idea in general.

I can see some little rat playing with this flimsy garbage for 2 days before becoming bored with it and just playing games like normal kids.

>not pirating the game and using the switch's package cardboard

B u t i t comes with a game
a gaaaaaaame whriiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This is ingenious. You simultaneously cut production costs of physical goods to nothing and make the physical goods fundamentally incompatible with extended use, so they quickly break down, which can create repeate business.
Making products that are as durable as humanly possible without an unreasonable pricetag is for filthy communists.

No user, I think you just don't like model toys and have a vendetta against Nintendo. This toy should trigger you correct?
Wow user you sure convinced me with those hot opinions on why this TOY is stupid

The worst thing is that i can see this becoming a fad with kids. Fucking Japs are doing it again.

Its obvious that the game itself takes up $60 of the pricetag you fucking mong.

You're putting durable plastic in the same boat as cardboard. What's wrong with you? I used to be a huge Nintendo fan. You're not arguing with someone who hates them. Please stop acting like Nintendo has a perfect tract record.

I'm not trying to convince you though, you don't get it lmao. I cannot fathom being so fuckin dumb.

stop posting

can't be worse than minecraft

And they are going to update the game constantly with new cardboard shit. And your kids are going to demand more gook cardboard. You can't escape it.

ITT Sup Forums realizes Nintendo games aren't made for adults.

lol

The Nintendo audience everyone. This niggers are seriously going to buy fucking cardboard with a fucking tech demo for 80 fucking dollars.

Keep moving the goalposts guys. This is also 70$ and it's plastic.

Why there's so many threads about this? It seems pretty cool for kids. You get to build something and play with it. It's no where original for sure, but still.

please point to where in my post I said I was going to buy anything
I await your reply eagerly

I thought it was cool and pic related is basically all I play.

You people who dick wave over consoles are lower subhumans than niggers. Joyless faggots.

Because it's ridiculous.

Minecraft cardboard is a matter of time.

Go ahead and tell me the 7 year old version of you wouldn't have gone crazy for this. Go ahead and lie.

If you are older than 10 this isn't for you, and you should just ignore it. The only thing that disappoints me about it is that other than Dark Souls I have no games to look forward to this year on the switch so far

I didn't really pay attention to this. Is the cardboard required to play the games somehow or is it a gimmicky addon like the Fallout 4 pipboy?

>hurr durr

it was all fine until the fucking millenial whoop at 1:45

are you guys seriously getting mad about something clearly designed for children. k'nex, lego, and all kinds of "STEM" toys had similarly overpriced shit when we were kids, but you fags with your nostalgia goggles won't say a word about that.

or you might as well get upset about skylanders, disney infinity, and lego dimensions. yeah they're on your favorite video game console, but no one is making you buy that garbage. let the kids have fun.

List 5 flaws about cardboard

We already have Minecraft Lego.

>getting Dark Souls on Switch
I hope that you plan on playing it while travelling because otherwise it's the worst version.

What the fuck is this?

I feel like you posted the wrong pic user

Apparently this stuff is really popular in Japan. That's what my sister just said while calling me a retard and saying Sup Forums is full of 2 year olds.

You know that old joke of kids preferring to play with the box rather than the toy that came inside of it? Nintendo is just capitalizing on that.

Flammable
Ugly aesthetics
Not as durable as plastic
Prone to water damage
Does not make for a good card or a good board

>skylanders
The amount of money i gave to Activision by buying that shit for my nephew is insane. This cardbox stuff can be the next thing for little Billy and his Switch because it has a Nintendo logo on it. God help us.

>mfw I realize that I am now the adult I used to hate who shat on everything I thought was cool
I'm so conflicted

t. Sony Shill

Your company is fucking garbage. Your products are fucking garbage. The games on your systems are fucking garbage. You're inferior in every possible way and you've never had an original, creative or brilliant idea. There's literally nothing good about you. Your shit company brings the entire industry down.

nintenbros will literally shit if it had a fucking nintendo logo on it.

You can't be this dense.
This is genius. An instant seller for kids, people with legitimate creative drive, and japs.
I would've begged for this shit if I had been born in 2008.

Sony had this idea as a very vague concept, but never managed to nail it.

That's not what shill means, friend.

Its the price tag and material that is bullshit. Cardboard breaks down from repetitive motion like this. Especially in the hands of clumsy children. Parents will either be replacing these by rebuying the kit for more than it's worth or explainning to both their children and themselves how it's cheap shit and they will just have to live without.

Someones going to buy it and just make copies of the cardboard cutouts and put them online.

It's 2018. You can stop with the fake rage now. We get it, Sony copied Nintendo. It's over. Move on.

Nintenbros will buy this for 80$ and rabidly defend it for free on the internet.

The "game" itself is the problem. That will cost you.

I like the piano one.

nu-Sup Forums loses it's shit over a toy
how embarrassing

Doesn't look too bad, but it's definitely not worth 80$.

still. you could buy one cheap set and just get every other set cutouts online.

This is my exact thought. The production cost of these seemingly required peripherals is literally less than dollar. But if we consider a game to cost $60, an extreme markup on production cost already, then they are charging you an extra $19.90, as the whole kit cost 10 cent at the most(maybe less) to produce.

OP, did you realize that console makers are selling plastic for over $300?

I wouldn't expect people here to get it because they don't have kids, but I have a little brother and nephews that would love this.
Never underestimate how much kids like putting shit together and customizing it.

This is the real problem here. Would make more sense to sell the games for $50 and the cardboard sets for $20, not bundling them together.

>haha le funny wojak meme
retard

The plastic isn't what costs $300. Get off of the internet, kid.

I think that's precisely what they expect.
Buy the game, and if anything were to happen to the cardboard parts, then go ahead and DIY.
Foresight is in play here.

I'm sure kids will like it, but I didn't expect it to be so expensive.

>imagine being this much of a brainlet

are you actually fucking retarded.

It's just console war fags who are desperately searching for the latest "gotcha" they can use against the rival company because console wars are the only things they can even occasionally win in their pathetic vapid lies.

I can't wait for the day Hiro assigns a full-time Nazimod to Sup Forums to clean up the console war shit once and for all.

Those cardboard cutouts aren't worth $5. They are literally worth maybe 30 cents, 25 of which comes from the ink.

Kids fucking love stuff like this.
This combines putting shit together, customizing that shit, and then using it to play games.

The games aren't worth $50 either.

Then why on earth are you even talking about this? What gain is there for you? You get to continue not touching a nintendo product. Yippety fucking doo.

Its cardboard. Your brother and nephew will demolish it and want a new one. That is the trick, these things are absurdly expensive with almost zero life expectancy.