Here's the truth about the switch's new gimmick

Here's the truth about the switch's new gimmick.
Reviewers are going to say it's absolutely amazing, a console seller if there ever was one!
Everyone's going to buy it. It'll be considered a great success.
Everyone will play with it for 20 - 30 hours. Then when the gimmicky nature wears off they will realize... that's all there is to it. A gimmick.
And into the trash it goes.
But it'll be too late. By the time everyone realizes it's garbage their hype will drive even more sales and when it wears off, no one will say anything at all.
You know it to be true.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=biVYBFzzpTs
youtube.com/watch?v=1NHFHIKzqlM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I accept this

Here's the truth about the cardboard for kids. It's for kids, and for some reason this makes you seethe.

>Everyone will play with it for 20 - 30 hours. Then when the gimmicky nature wears off they will realize... that's all there is to it. A gimmick.
Well yeah it's a video game.
Gimmicks are the lifeblood of video games without them you just have the same experience over and over and over again.

20-30 hours is pushing it.

it'll take 1 hour to assemble and 1 hour of playing until you're bored

so... 2 - 3 hours then?

You mean into the recycling it goes. Because it's cardboard.

Cardboard for 70 dollars.

It's for kids! But if Microsoft or Sony tried it. "Fucking piece of shit gimmick reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". It's okay when Nintendo does. I await the sonybro replies :^)

>Nintendo trying desperately to reclaim their core audience (kids)
>soymanchildren just can't accept it

>20-30 hours

Pretty good for cardboard. ARMS lasted me no where near as long

youtube.com/watch?v=biVYBFzzpTs

It’s not going to hit the trash. It’s going to hit the closet until 2030 eBay.

LOALOALOALAOLAOLLOLOLOLLOLOWLWOWWOWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJKEKEKEK

>20-30 hours
Still more than a lot of other games, nerd.

Nintendo: Lego Duplo
Sony: Lego Technic

Why do you care? It just gives you more to bitch about.

>But if Microsoft or Sony tried it. "Fucking piece of shit gimmick reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
People defended the fuck out of the PSmove and even the stupid little light and touchpad on the Dualshock 4.

lol

So like every other fad? Is that a problem?

No one defended that piece of shit move and the controller I've never seen talked about personally. The cardboard though is being defended hard as I speak.

Why do people assume anger is immediate emotion? I'm laughing at all the posting about it.

I don't understand the confusion and meltdown surrounding this.

Its a DIY cardboard model kit for the Lego/Minecraft/Construction toy audience, mixed with videogame software that'll appeal to the Toys-To-Life audience. The $70 model kits are a package that contain both the pre-made cardboard designs required for assembly and the videogame software, but the blueprints will be posted online for free and the software will be sold separately at standard price.

It's not a game tailored to the core videogame audience, it's something more akin to the shit you find in the lego section of Toys R Us. It's the type of thing advertised to parents as a constructive, fun thing to do with their really little children, and the type of novelty that'll be fun for them to play with their friends for a few days. Because it's made for that market. It's not some weird japanese thing either, if you look at the type of games and physical toys young kids get these days it lines up perfectly with what Nintendo is trying to do with Labo. It's probably the most market research they've done in years.

That's why it wasn't in the direct. That's why its listed separately from their core games products online. This isn't a Wii Play replacing plastic peripherals with cardboard ones, because this isn't tech demo for future games and these cardboard constructs won't be utilized outside of Labo. It's a fucking toy made by a company that has history as a toy manufacturer.

This is as ridiculous as the time Sup Forums threw a fit over Nintendo making a health product.

It's for little kids. Do you think kids are going to be downloading blueprints and cutting cardboard to spec?
The whole thing is DOA.

Yep, I'm having the time of my life. How can I seethe over cardboard. It's a victory for haters honestly.

>No one defended that piece of shit move
They did. In droves in fact solely because it was a Sony product that was competing with a Nintendo one instead of actually trying to come up with legitimate reasons to have it. It wasn't until Wonderbook that they stopped.
And then there was a slight resurgence because there was functionality with PSVR but that's besides the point.

>The cardboard though is being defended hard as I speak.
I don't know about you but no one is defending the cardboard. Unless you're trying to say that people saying there's also a game with it and that they can be bought separately is defending it.

If I was a parent I'd be all over this. A lot of parents look for constructive fun things to do with their kids.

>Assume
There is no assuming. You took time out of your life and dedicated it to crying about paper for children. You can't be anything but angry. And I'm here laughing at all the people upset by literal paper.

I'm a teacher and I'm certain some of my students are going to be all over this.

Either you get the fuck out of here with your logic or start posting Wojak memes. Pick one.

But i'm not crying. I have no stake this. We can laugh together.

but kids are dumb and dont take care of their shit, why would i a parent spend 70 or 80 on cardboard that will probably get fucked up within the first week? i dont even know where i would store all of the stuff after its made.

I wonder if Nintendo knows that it'll be mostly 27 BMI men buying these things and posing with them on twitter - a PR disaster.

innovation is invaluable
nintendo makes the best out of it

>why would i a parent spend 70 or 80 on cardboard that will probably get fucked up within the first week?

The templates are free.

I'm just happy that people are calling out Nintendo over their shit, even if it's being defended hard. Can't really argue over the Move, since we can't really prove our own experiences.

I'm sure 15-25 years ago your parents had the same thoughts about why would they spend hundreds of dollars on plastic.

How long before little Timmy starts a house fire by lighting the cardboard on fire and Nintendo gets blamed?

Underated post.

This.

>why would i a parent spend 70 or 80 on cardboard that will probably get fucked up within the first week?
Because you can just get the game for 60 and use any run of the mill cardboard lying about the place that's only taking up space in the house.
>i dont even know where i would store all of the stuff after its made.
How small is your living space that you can't store folded cardboard?

Do you teach special education?

One of my classes is six year olds so there really isn't much of a difference.

Why you so mad over a kid's toy???

>GUYZ GUYZ GUYZ! THIS FAD... OKAY BEAR WITH ME HERE... IS GOING TO BE A FAD!!!
Woah holy shit OP your genius just blew my mind.

>metroid prime 4 will require nintendo labo

Sometimes gimmicks are good.
Sometimes experiences aren't meant to be experienced for years of your life.
Sometimes people spend money on very temporary experiences.

FUCK YOU I NEED TO OBSESS OVER THIS
I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH MY LIFE

To tell you the truth I rarely play games ovr 30 hours

When did Nintendo become the meme company? It seems all they do now is tailored for the youtuber audience, everythi they do becomes a meme, a thing to be enjoyed ironically after you post a video about it online.

It was like this with the Wii, Wii fit, Nintendogs, the Nintendo directs, the amiibos, the Switch, the cartridges that taste bad, 1-2 Switch and now cardboard.

Always some fucking memes.

>It seems all they do now is tailored for the youtuber audience
But they aren't making cinematic experiences or jumpscare games. In fact this is the opposite to a youtuber game.

If they aren't about jumpscares, why are all their fans with their mouths wide open in pics?

Nintendo its the one that generally developed games and software for a young market
Sony and Xbox sells to teens or adults, cardboard games targeted to adults would look stupid.

yet if nintendo made a cinematic experience it would be hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

If you go out of your way every group looks like shit. You underestimate the sheer autism some folks go through to make another group or fan base look bad because they can’t fucking stand the idea that folks are enjoying themselves. This recent Nintendo shit is only a small branch on the tree of console war faggotry.

It's literally Wii Fit all over again

Nintenshills are taught to deflect any criticism with accusations of anger. You'll find it in every thread related to Nintendo games or products, whether it was that colored controller thing, BotW, Oddysey, cardboard....it's their only defense at trying to defend shit.

Even Bethesda shills weren't this embarrassing when everyone shit on their game.

Stop using meme wrong retard

it's just a gimmick

Doubt it. Nintendo fans are hard to fucking please if it doesn't have top tier gameplay or cater to their tastes then it's going to flop.
Case in point: Star Fox Zero, Federation Force, Color Splash, #FE.

If it's more cutscene than game then it's not going to shift any units.

Hell Labo is probably only going to sell because it's a modern day dollhouse that parents can drop their 4 year old with.

A lot of people talk about it in efforts to try to justify their purchase

Cool. They just bought an $80 piece of paper. That has to be an ASTRONOMICAL profit margin. Nintendo struck gold again, and people are mad. I'm ok with this.

>Everyone's going to buy it. It'll be considered a great success.
>Everyone will play with it for 20 - 30 hours. Then when the gimmicky nature wears off they will realize... that's all there is to it. A gimmick.
Like the Wii
shill journalism + marketing = sell Miyamoto's shit in a can

>"Fucking piece of shit gimmick reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Who are you quoting, sweetie?

>Gimmicks are the lifeblood of video games
Sounds like you've only played nintendo games.

>When did Nintendo become the meme company? It seems all they do now is tailored for the youtuber audience, everythi they do becomes a meme, a thing to be enjoyed ironically after you post a video about it online.
Around 2006.
And NoA is even worse: they hired a prostitute and now they hire ugly hipsters to market their games
Nintendo's Switch commercial full of rooftop party people, etc. They do everything for sales

Nah
>Nintendo: Lego
>Sony: Lego Movie

what isnt a gimmick these days you absolute pseud

user, literally every game has a gimmick.

>The cardboard though is being defended hard as I speak.
You meant to say that you are attacking it as you speak

>The whole thing is DOA
user...

Truth.

gameplay is a meme, especially in nintendo games. Wow you held forward on the joystick and pressed 2-3 buttons. Thats literally every game.

>implying this isnt the target audience
>implying this isnt you

>I'm just happy

So BotW, but in cardboard form

Sonybro here, it looks cute and fun,but it’s obviously made for a project to be done with your kids or as a couple since the game part really has nothing else to it. They’re simple demos to play a few times.

More upset that their giant mech game never blossomed into anything else than a tech demo. Was hoping for more from it.

>gameplay is a meme

It's literally a toy. Well, 5 toys. Are toys gimmicks now?

Just accept that it's intended for children, not you, and you can move on and stop being mad.

This generation of kids make me sick.

They’re going to be the most conservative generation! Always winning!

they learned 30 year old menchildren are willing to spend 80 bucks in a cardbox or 600 dollars in a cellphone
endless profit

> says increasingly nervous trumpcbro for the 100th time

Good post.

Reminder that nintendo defense team is still avoiding the discussion of price and brush it off with horrible argument such as
>The cardboard is free!
No, the design pattern is free. Which you still need to look for cardboards yourself, and cut the pattern out yourself, which will be a hassle and most of the time doesn't fit nicely.

>It included the game! Hence the price!!
It's a tech demo bunch of games that don't worth as much.
You should be complaining about the price right now if you compare it to other games, not defending it.

Try to defend it again, nintendo brainlets.

>It's a tech demo bunch of games that don't worth as much.
that's how Nintendo sold 100 million Wii 10 years ago

>That has to be an ASTRONOMICAL profit margin.
I imagine it has extremely high marginal profits like essentially every video game.

why are we spending this much time screeching at a thing kids are mostly gonna buy?

>take two days off from Sup Forums
>Nintendo announces fucking cardboard
The balls on these niggers must be enormous

OP BTFO AGAIN

>Principal! Teacher brought their Nintendo with them to school!

the average soyboy has no idea how to cook or do any sort of home repair

based nintendo saving the next generation by getting them to actually build some shit

has a price for this literal trash been shown yet?

western society was a mistake
youtube.com/watch?v=1NHFHIKzqlM

is there anything more retarded then "reaction" videos?

Nintendo always strikes gold

Yes , people who enjoy watching them

>AAA game has a 50 million dollar budget
>sells between 2 and 5 million copies
Whatever you say user

>20-30 hours
>This counts as fleeting interest.

You repulsive basement dwellers need to get a fucking grip.

You don't know what marginal profit means, do you?