twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SHALL

WE

GATHER

GATHER

FOR

FOR

WHISKEY

whats the point of upgrading the pistol?
it seems like the coolest thing to do but it makes the combat too easy

AND

CIGARS

TONIGHT?

Everything makes the combat too easy

NEVER

DOUBT

IT

whats the solution then? stealth it? i fuck that up

CHANCES ARE VERY GOOD

BLOW OFF CHOFFER

>Hey here's some cool dude killing powers
>Oh but you cant use them or you'll get the bad end
What did they mean by this?

no powers

I mean it is a stealth game that's best played and most rewarding as a stealth game. Of course you can go high chaos and just kill everyone and play around with the powers, which is fun, but it's far more rewarding to sneak around the map unnoticed, choke out / assassinate the guards, hide their bodies one by one and no one even knows you were there as you take out the final target.

Not even 20 replies and we already got Le Bad Ending.

I think maybe you're playing a different game, sweetums :^)
You literally have to kill over half the npcs in the game to achieve high chaos.

It means you didn't play the game.

can't use them too much but you can use them a little

>kill the bad guys
>kill the zombies
>kill the gangsters
>somehow YOU'RE the real evil person

you can kill 20% of the population in every map and stay in low chaos bro

youtube.com/watch?v=urV8MIcLDFk

Amazing.

I honestly hate that morality.

>if you kill the rapists and terrorists you are a bad person

an eye for an eye keeps the wheel turning

It's really not that good stealth. I should've never played the original thief. Is there any game out there that at least replicates the advancements in stealth that thief made ? Let alone improve upon them ?

>stealth
>assassinate
kids from '00 everybody

Consider suicide Daenerys

The absolute worst shit. Fanboys say it's not so bad but I don't need that knife hanging over my head whenever I want to have some fun in these mediocre games.

What did Thief do for stealth?

Wow. Just wow.

Never before have I seen a string of comments so utterly, totally, bewilderingly...

Epic.

Consider yourselves upvoted -- all of you.

Edit: What the hell... take this gold!

"I'll write to her again.. she has to see reason"

favorite character in the series
despite knowing the heinous acts and slaughters you committed Samuel still saves and helps you throughout a high chaos playthrough because he knows that you're the only one capable of saving Emily
it's a shame the sequel didn't have any strong characters like the first game

Don't ever fucking reply to me.

the sequel was lacking in a lot of ways

in fact i'd say they fucked up because they could of pulled japanese dishonored or do a pirate themed and then dishonored 2 probably would have sold more

they set up a cool universe ill be interested in the setting for 3

That was an honest question, you spastic.
I have not played Thief.

> these people are bad because killing is morally reprehensible
> but it's ok when I kill them because I can justify it to myself
so nuanced

That was a really good trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=X7khCk0bdnE

That's the problem newfriend.

The fact that you're so defensive but not actually defending makes me think you're struggling to point out why Thief is good. Is it just nostalgia?

back2reddit.jpg

It was the first 3D stealth game and it's quite dated.

> another cuck-user with "strong opinions" doesnt even put his first foot forward to defend his """"values""""
sasuga Sup Forums

I don't need shit from you.

The fact that you're projecting makes me think you're mentally disabled. I played it for the first time 6 months ago.
Your mom is too but you don't see me complaining.

>Samuel knows that the Loyalists are planning to backstab you
>he could warn you, so you could take them out without any trouble, you're Corvo fucking Attano and know black magic and shit
>instead he pours only half of poison into your drink
>you barely survive
>he puts your unconscious body in a boat and let it float down the river instead of making sure you're even going to be ok

I was doing a non lethal run the first time I played, but I shot this faggot with my crossbow as soon as we arrived to Kingsparrow Island and watched his body get eaten by eels.

I just wanted an answer before I waste my bandwidth downloading some ye olde game that might not even be good.

I am way too old for this shithole.

Why is death of the outsider so boring?

Im forcing myself to play it and i dont feel good about it at all.

Yet you devolve into a child throwing tantrums when someone questions a game you like.

>try to be a sneaky non-lethal shadow of a ghost
>knock out a guard here and there, hide bodies
>swarms of rats randomly spawn and eat the bodies
>this shit counts as a kill
>have to replay the whole mission

This game was garbage.

The game has multiple auto saves. Why would you need to replay a whole mission

Play The Dark Mod.
It's like Thief but free and also better graphically.

because you don't know which guard died and when you killed him

You know it's good, everybody praises it, stop wasting my time with your newfaggotry and come back after you play it.
Best part is there are different surface types with different noise levels depending on your mov speed which require you to adapt your movement from tip toeing like a snail, basically spamming W at the slowest speed to normally walking on carpets unlike modern stealth games where you're just gliding between guards and knockouts.
Sylvanas user wasn't me, but he's right.
Also that other user is as retarded as you, it's not dated, it handles great and the mechanics are better than any stealth game.

No user, YOU don't know which guard died and when you killed him because you're careless as fuck. Rats don't exactly roam the fucking level in large swarms (as opposed to smaller swarms which do not attack corpses). You're just a careless fucker who probably wonders why a stiff drowned because you left him facedown in a tiny puddle of water.

I'll answer for him. Visibility meter and variable noise level that were then made better by Splinter Cell.
Stellar level design. Top of the genre.
Cool plot.

That's about it, but the stealth genre hangs by its level design.

Also Gold>1>2>rest

I recent played through Dishonored the first and lived it but I see shit talked about 2. Is 2 worth a play through or did they make it dogshit?

It's more of the same, essentially
Level design is still good
Stealth is still fine, there's more options ofr nonlethal takedowns now
Story went to hell, though, if you were into that

I still liked it a lot, just not quite as much as the first one

>tfw playing non-lethal so I can feed live bodies to the rats

Reminder: The only way to make this game fun is to do a no power run.

OFFICIAL MISSION POWER RANKING

The Light at the End (High Chaos) > Lady Boyle's Last Party > High Overseer Campbell > The Royal Physician > House of Pleasure > Return to the Tower > The Light at the End (Low Chaos) > Flooded District

The Good Doctor > The Clockwork Mansion > A Crack in the Slab > Dust District > Death to the Empress > Edge of the World > The Royal Conservatory > A Long Day in Dunwall

Nigga, I replayed this game last week, rat swarms were spawning randomly even inside buildings.

No, they aren't.

try harder, you're not fitting in yet

dumpsters are in the game for a reason. you can also leave unconscious people anywhere high up; book shelves, ledges, large light fixtures, roof tops, etc. etc. etc. where rats can't get to them. don't blame the game for your laziness.

>I'm bad at game, but it's not my fault

youtube.com/watch?v=bRLzfoySFWc

The problem with the chaos mechanic is that you have absolutely no frame of reference for it on the first playthrough. All it gives you is the notion that killing and getting discovered make you get the bad end. So obviously people always assume the worst case: that the devs are fucking retarded and you can‘t kill literally anything.
It‘s only after quite some time you notice that you can easily kill a few people including all the targets and never raise chaos by much. So the problem with the chaos mechanic is really that the game gives you no reason to trust the devs with this hidden mechanic they implemented.
A single hint telling you that excessive murder is terrible but killing can be acceptable in tricks situations would really clear that shit up right quick.

Yet Demon Souls and Dark Souls ( this one not with "high or low chaos") does this and everibody loves.
Not being a dick with your comment, I agree with you. But this shit get on my nerves.

Did you know that everything you enjoy is discussed somewhere on reddit right now?

Why did they even betray you in dishonored 1?

Why was Dishonored so much better than Prey? I still don't get why one appealed to me and the other which offers a sci-fi setting that's more exciting on paper as a premise, I loved Dishonored and only thought Prey was okay.

High Chaos: Because they want to control Emily, and with you around it would be impossible.
Low Chaos: They were afraid of their part in all that "outlaw breakdown" came to light.

so the conspirators could take the throne for themselves

First, its not hidden. The levels clearly tell you the Chaos you wrought.
Second, the point is very simple. Act like a psychopath who cleans out the entire level, worsen the situation.
Third, getting discovered does not in fact increase chaos.

But most importantly, why do you care. Play the game how you want to play it, there are no limitations in what you do, merely some people telling you off and a logical conclusion for being a mass murderer.

>still hate Prey
Best game that came out in 2017, shame Bethesda rushed them and forced them to put "Prey" on their project that triggered retards so hard

Loved how High Chaos is canon for a House of Pleasure

i can't read your mind brosef. did you not like the gunplay in prey? or the powers? the shapeshiting? the setting?

It has Prey in it, obviously

The entire first game is High Chaos canon, user.

>Best game that came out in 2017
Retard confirmed. You must have only played Prey then. There were so many better games last year: Yakuza 0, Hollow Knight, Persona 5, Divinity... expand your HORIZON dude. Try new games. Prey was a solid 7/10. I'm glad I played it but it's not anywhere close to being one of the greats

>have the ability to deal with the situation non-lethally
>deal with it lethally unnecessarily
>this is not bad

He brand his first target and send Lady Boyle to her cruise on rape island tho

>weeb and indie shit
Sure, you expend some HORIZON for me

I still thought it was fun, but the enemies weren't particularly engaging, the characters didn't leave much of an impression, the music stings every time an enemy appeared was distracting, and I don't get the atmosphere the team were going for. Like, it's not scary, but is closely aping all the ques from System Shock 2. It was just weird. I loved the music and exploring the station thought. Awesome level design

Hollow Knight is pure, unadulterated garbage.

To be fair, the thing with the zombies is stupid. Why did they even introduce them if you can‘t kill those either?

really? I have aboslutely no interest in the series then

>He brand his first target and send Lady Boyle to her cruise on rape island tho
Before Harvey went full SJW in the sequel and DLC :(

Book is still canon tho