Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k36sIRRdFSU
youtube.com/watch?v=qcuc3rgwZAE
youtube.com/watch?v=jBbLpxLglz0
youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4
youtube.com/watch?v=bbFg3rE-nsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

crypto can't crash fast enough

What do you even need good cards for, all you play is shit mobas and indie games

can confirm. got a 1080ti and all i play i a shity battleroyale game that runs at 60 fps on low 1080p

I thought building a good pc was supposed to be affordable.

Hopefully the currency crashes, they lose thousands and double suicide. Couples who pact together. Dies together!

What's that, like 40k? I see an incoming suicide.

I can't wait for Nvidia to start putting hardware blockers on their cards. These fuckers must be stopped.

i wouldn't care if were only the 1080 and 1070 but fucking 1060 and even the 1050ti are overpriced as fuck

That's like what, at least $30k worth of cards? He could have just spent that on ACTUAL bitcoin.

CRYPTO WAS A FUCKING MISTAKE
reeeeee I just want my pc gaming back

this is how bitcoin will crash.

I mined in 2012 where you could get a bitcoin a month in slushs pool with a single 6950

Bitcoin is just a jew trick to sell GPUs

how many years will it take before he recovers the investment?

it's sad when I hear people talking about crypto and how 'it' s the future of currency'. then they go on to shill their shit coins to hopefully see some gains. pathetic

poe, 3.1 fucked up performance

We won't have to wait long.
youtube.com/watch?v=k36sIRRdFSU

wtf is mining

Exactly how profitable is Crypto? What justifies the hardware and electric bills?

No one's trying to get into Bitcoin this late. It's too competitive and too hard. Everyone's mining all the other coins
>could have just bought an actual bitcoin
And lost like $8,000 the next day?

A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash like Bitcoin allows online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution like Paypal, who has the ability to arbitrarily reverse transactions and freeze accounts. You manchildren are getting so angry over a luxury good you don't need....many people have wished death and bankruptcy upon me because I merely wanted to use Bitcoin to avoid chargebacks from "friendly" fraud as if I was singly responsible for the rise in GPU prices.
I've lost thousands of dollars from chargeback fraud while you faggots are complaining about your cards being a couple hundred bucks more expensive. Grow up and stop wasting your life on video games, you spoiled brats.

>this triggers the Sup Forumsermin

I just want to burglarize this house, and take all those GPU's. Not to resell or anything, maybe I'll just dump them in a hole somewhere. I just want them to be out a lot of money for doing this, but I don't have the patience to wait for bitcoin to crash again.

Yeah, no fucking way they'll make meaningful profits on that one.
People are getting insane about this shit.

SEE THAT SUPER KIKE
FLYING THROUGH THE AIR
HE'S RUINING A BELOVED HOBBY

Somebody told they read it apparently takes an average of like 1 year to just to make up for the part + electricity costs.

looks familiar

then why the need for all these third party wallets and exchanges?

it's not anymore

Optimized, he could be making 4k per month with those GPUs mining ether.
Were looking at $37k worth of investment here including rack and power supply.

So about 10 month give or take.

>1080ti
never seizes to amaze me how dumb this people are

>500 Mh/s

So you're making $0.2 per day or so?

I fucking hated that beanie baby craze. My sister had a ton, and I loved playing with them and setting them up to stage giant battles. I always wanted to take the tags off, but my mom and sister would rage if I ever did because it ruined their supposed value. Those things are worthless now, just like I always said they'd be. I still think they're good stuffed animals though.

So instead of being managed by a national bank, or backed by some tangible commodity like real currencies. Bitcoin's are generated based off of these ever increasingly time-consuming computations. So your computer does a few math problems and out pops a bitcoin.

At this point it takes a very long time to make one bitcoin, so people are buying all these powerful GPU's and running them in clusters to "mine" bitcoin. Basically they're being used for computational busywork. Totally wasting energy and money.

Can someone explain this whole bitcoin business to a brainlet like me? I've
been out of the loop for a long time seemingly.

>mine a bunch of alt coins
>they get to difficult for my 300 gpu set up
>crash happens
>lose money and can't sell my cards because I'm an idiot who left tdp at 100 and fan speed at 40%
>gamers don't want that shit
>have a huge power bill
> become homeless

>Years later the woman will take everything from this guy and won't even leave him a card.

Or even better he looses her and all his money when prices tank again and take ages to climb back up.

*buys your hardware*

Thanks, Notch!

Can't wait for the day the crypto bubble pops for good and video cards become $5 items for years.

hope cryptoshit tanks and they both kill themselves. subhuman cancer.

quite a gamble. value of the coins might not even be worth it by then.

lul, you could just buy etc in a dip and double your shit within weeks.

Brainlet here. Can somebody explain how a digital cryptocurrency with zero real-world backing has a tangible amount? Like how does somebody not just add seven zeroes to the end of their coin balance and tough shit you can't prove anything it's not like anybody anywhere has physcial bitcoins to be counted.

Also what do grafics cards have to do with it?

Oh, so you want the consumers to be fucked instead of you. Makes sense. The problem is that that'd most likely make consumers lose the trust on online purchases.

I’ve got a i5 7600k and a GTX 970 but all I’ve played this year is Darkest Dungeon and Shovel Knight.

And then the market floods with cards that have been near run into the ground and buying second hand is a minefield.

Virtual money has value for the same reason shiny rocks do.

People can "mine" this money because that is how its system is backed up.

people are actually this retarded....

He got the JUST haircut too, guy is planning ahead

It's a ponzi scheme user, hell it already "crashed" several times in the past where banks ran off with large amounts of the currency. The only reason it's valued as it is, is because plebs at the bottom pay a premium to get into the scheme.

virtual currency that can be acquired through "mining", which uses your GPU power
since 1 bitcoin is worth thousands people are going all out

>trying to compete against the chinese hangar cryptofucks
These poor sods are gonna have a rough retirement, that's a lot of fucking money wasted.

Yeah, there's nothing about that image that I envy. Women ruin everything and the guy only has himself to blame for when it eventually all falls apart

How do you call this type of haircut ?

Apparently you're supposed to believe the system to be airtight and fair and completely tamper proof, so not even creators can make some coins out of thin air.
I don't buy it.

Jesus fucking Christ this retarded couplr spent their entire life savings on a fucking meme. They're literally falling for a God damn ponzi scheme. I can't wait for bitcoin to crash even harder than it already did and for them to divorce and end up with no savings.

Quick Rundown on crypto and why they need so many goddamn graphics cards?

It was a pyramid scam and all the people at the top have been cashing out.

just don't try understanding it and wait for the bubbles to burst if you can't understand the basic principles

>Buying hardware when you can exploit idiots
Are you even trying?

youtube.com/watch?v=qcuc3rgwZAE

Hype for monopoly money that no one is going to buy nor sell and has no intrinsic value what so ever.

So if mining is verifying transactions, then wtf happens when the last coins are mined in the next 5-10 years?

>you can't prove anything
Except the currency is coded in such a way that you know how much you have and so does any address you're interacting with. I can say "i have a billion funbux" but the code used to handle transfers will know that I have less than 1. GPUs are being used because they're good at repetitive number crunching, whereas CPUs aren't as fast.

Are you implying buyin second hand has not been a minefield always?

Nobody knows.
All sane people invested into stocks before the price went full-retard.

It's so sad when you look at crypto communities.
Every time there's a hint of a crash, there are hundreds of "WHY IT'S A GREAT TIME TO HOLD NOW" posts.
Because it's all a fucking illusion. If people start selling too much, their value becomes zero. So whenever people start to sell, the holders panic and go "SHIT TIME TO SELL, HOLD HOLD HOLD". Not because it's actually what they think, but it's because they HAVE to get people to stop selling otherwise they lose money.

Who wants to get in on the ground floor of my new DutchTulip coin? It's mined exclusively on NES and SNES classics.

give me one please

the fuck is going on with that hair LOL

>and how it issshh and how it workssshh
Oh my god that's grating.

the bitcoin crash is going to be so fucking funny when it happens, i genuinely can't wait

Who gives a shit, they'll be so cheap that you can just buy a plastic bag full of them for $20 and throw them in the trash as they burn out.

But shiny rocks are legit hard to find, they're not just made artificially scarce just so you maintain your made up system.

Actually it's the state of bitcoin mining, retard.

>modern pc gaming is shit
>modem console gaming is even more shit
>looking to relive some of the glory days with a 486
>vintage sellers have ruined anything old being affordable ever again
>idiots that get old shit rip them apart to sell in pieces

God damn it I hate this cucked time we live in. Somehow people have ruined everything new and old.

Can't wait for this guy to be divorced and sleeping on the floor of a subway station bathroom.

Who the fuck cares. God damn these threads are more cancer than other shitpostings. Well good for you someone bought many gpus ok fuck you.

If you think of it as converting energy into digital currency, it’s not really a waste of energy. That coin represents the amount of time and energy that went into making it.

Sorry, I’m invested in SuperMoney
youtube.com/watch?v=jBbLpxLglz0

The funny thing is people will actually kill themselves
The unfunny thing is people in here will just shut up and pretend they never said "you wish you had bitcoins, didn't you", pretty lame.

got 1070 and all I play is Warband

They're already out a lot of money.

I hear about people BUYING bitcoins and GETTING bitcoins, but where are people SELLING them? How do you go about selling your bitcoins?

Yeah I can understand that here's another video if you cant tolerate that guy's lisp.

youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

During the last slip, a suicide hotline phonenumber was stickied on the crypto subreddit
Shit's going to get biblical

For the last time, this pic is taken from behind the register.

Anyone who is still in on bitcoin is never going to get back what they put in. You can't withdraw all your money out of it. And most people don't even know what a bitcoin is. I would rather have $100k than a million bitcoin. If bitcoin was a real thing then the government would have started cracking down on it already

Bitcoin plummeting down made me visit Bitcoin related subreddit just so I can read the salty retards crying full on damage control.

Yeah, they still sell beanie babies because they are nice toys. I am pretty amazed that TY didn't go out of business after the bubble popped, though. The comic book bubble put a lot of comics out of business, ant it was all because some asshole said it was a better investment than the stock market (kind of like bitcoin).

has anyone actually become a millionaire, or at least made enough to quit their job? or is everyone exaggerating

>1 month later
youtube.com/watch?v=bbFg3rE-nsk

>been saving for years to buy parts for a top of the line pc
>this shit happens

this is what I want to know too

>yfw the inevitable bitcoin crash is just population control

Thousands of people will kys themselves.
Their greed will be the end of them.

And why would they do that? Nvidia doesn't care who uses the cards, only who pays most.