The Final Solution to the PDF Textbook problem? reMarkable Tablet

youtube.com/watch?v=34I27KPZM6g

Looks perfect to me, I wish I had one during my time at uni.

What do you guys think?
They want to sell it for ~$400 when you preorder and $700 when you buy it after launch.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodereader.com/blog/electronic-readers/good-e-reader-is-launching-a-13-3-inch-e-reader
youtube.com/watch?v=dWOGbu5BcT0
free-iqtest.net
store.moleskine.com/usa/en-us/smart-writing-set/paper-tablet/p1015?ic=rhyY/A==&vid=2773
youtube.com/watch?v=81iiGWdsJgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

can you draw hentai on it without the lines

Lmao, noteslate just fucking lost their market
I'm fucking laughing

Im sure you can also draw hentai girls with shitting dicknipples.

Bust most of all you can just download the PDF of your $200 textbook and still take notes 'n shit.

Sony already made a 13" version 2 years ago

it has THE WORST latency when in writing mode.

What makes you think this will be any better? That pre-order price is highly suspect.

>Paper: 500 pages is like $2, pens you can get for free
>This shit: $700

>Paper: never run out of battery
>This shit: Run out of battery

>Paper: Can draw with colors and use all kinds of tools, stick on other notes/pictures/etc.
>This shit: Black and white only

>Paper: DPI and refresh rate at human eye levels
>This shit: Slide show tier refresh rate

where exactly is the advantage supposed to be?

>$700

You'll look REALLY cool at your local coffee shop

>where exactly is the advantage supposed to be?

Okay here is what I want from this.
I want to carry 100 text books that cost >$100 each in one device but download them for free.
Also I want to be able to take notes on the pages of these books.

Im too autistic for PDFs on my laptop, and they are impossible on these small kindles.
This thing seems like a solution.

a "BLOGGER" who reviewed it says the latency is more around 50ms on reMarkable compared to 100ms on the Sony Digital paper System

Having access to thousands of pages without it weighing a metric ton?

storage
transportability
fluidity (it's easier to swing through documents and folders than with paper, when you don't know where you've put your shit)
everything in one place (useful for students and non-neets in general)
you can backup your work in the cloud

>you can backup your work in the cloud
But it'll all get fucking wet, there's water in the cloud

Yeah but since it's not fucking paper it won't get unreadable

Sony implements a lot of products but they never follow through with improved iterations or it's too far ahead of the current demand/wants. They created the first e-reader with e Ink but end up losing to the Kindle and even Kobo since Sony e-Readers never took off even though they were on the market for years ahead of everyone else. They made that two years ago and they haven't bothered capitalizing on it with an improved version. They probably killed off the project because hurrr no demand (no shit because it was insanely costly then).

>Paper: Needs to be archived and stored in binders or something, which are obviously a pain in the ass to carry with you
>This: Everything stored on this one device

>Paper: Need to ether buy physical copies or print out documents to be able to read them on it
>This: Just read stuff of it as if it was a printout that you didn't have to print out or a book you never had to buy

>Paper: Transferring notes and drawing to your computer or sharing them without needing to give up the origianl is a major pain in the ass
>This: Transferring notes and drawings to your computer or sharing them with other people is as easy as sharing files

The price is way too high, but this definitely is neat for people like me who can't sketch things out or do maths on anything except paper. I personally can't stand working on a white board ether.

Make it

Good e-Reader made a 13.3" model which runs on Android.

goodereader.com/blog/electronic-readers/good-e-reader-is-launching-a-13-3-inch-e-reader

That's still 700 usd.

still too laggy

Why can't the chinks make cheap affordable non-retard sized eink ebook readers?

The price is a bit too high, but if it catches on the chinks will make clones for less than $100.

So yes, it's a good thing.

Because they can't read

Panel manufacturing depends on economies of scale to be affordable. If there were a reasonable demand for bigger eink screens, the prices would plummet. The demand isn't there, so the price is still high.

>economies of scale
That sure worked for smartphones

How retarded are you?

When the first thread was created, I was interested. Now you're just blatantly shilling

youtube.com/watch?v=dWOGbu5BcT0

Ugh yeah, but where do I store the stylus?

>10.3”
>226 DPI
>virtually unbreakable
>100,000 pages
>PDF and ePUB
>no back or front lighting
>$80 pen
>$80 cover
>$700 in total but preorder price is 47% off wtf
>Estimated shipping August 2017

What the fuck are these retards thinking

Because e-inks are produced by 1 (one) company and are patented to shit.
Monopoly dictates the price.

No mess, no chance of losing papers, don't need to carry around textbooks or notebooks, don't have to worry about not having enough light, don't have to worry about forgetting a pen/pencil, can easily upload shit to your computer if need be

Now you can loose all your papers and $700 addtional at once

In your urethra.

>store papers at home
>flood
>fire
>theft
>lose everything

or

>store documents on tablet that can auto-backup to the cloud

The screen is way too small. What tiny textbooks do you people use?

>he thinks (((cloud))) is safe from fllods, fires and unauthorised data erase

That's just an argument for a tablet or to digitize your documents.

Target audience uses Moleskines at their local coffee shop

>losing your $700 tablet

>E-ink refreshing still a thing

Why? $700? No.

You guys need to unfuck yourselves.

I just bought a samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 screen with S pen for 250 dollars.

I can write on pdf's.
I can write notes in multiple apps
I can use ms office (android version)
I can use adobe photoshop express and the entire cc suite with subscription
It has a microsd slot

Other option was apple but apple has no microsd and costs more.

These niggers trying to sell a 700 tablet...kek!

Looks really fucking nice. I've always wanted a eBook tablet for textbooks. That non-preorder price is expensive as hell though. Might consider the pre-order once I get money.

>Write notes in notebook
>read pirated textbook pdfs using desktop computer
works for me

>samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 screen with S pen for 250 dollars.

enjoy your eye cancer

>university
>lectures
>needing to frantically take information down before it slips by

If this doesn't tell you that you're fucking cattle, I don't know what else will.

Ok. Go ahead. Spend 700 dollars on some primative technology.

Anyone who buys this piece of shit vs a 2016 android/apple tablet is pure autismo

Looks nice, but even $400 is a bit steep; $700 is outrageous. I'd consider getting one around the $250 price point if the reviews were decent.

Wow, it's like they reinvented the tablet

how much latency does the BOOX m96 have?

Why is this being shilled so hard on Sup Forums? Does your boss really think Sup Forums has any influence on what people buy? Go pay Liliputing or something people with disposable income read.

>Does your boss really think Sup Forums has any influence on what people buy?

Literally how new are you? Do you know how many people Sup Forums convinced to buy a Thinkpad?
If you think this is the only thing being shilled here you are sadly mistaken.

Made it about 15 seconds in

>dat input lag

NOPE NOPE NOPE

I wouldn't need this if I had a good way to index my random notes (that I do on paper, because maths on org still suck) . Anybody with a system?

$700 is outrageous, they won't sell jack at that price.

Eventually the price will go down to $300, and nobody will buy. Then $200, then Amazon will buy the company and use the tech to sell Fire tablets.

just buy a fucking surface pro 4 or even an applelpad pro, it's a bit more expensive, but has much more features

All the advantages of normal handwriting/drawing PLUS copy and paste, backups and not having to use an actual eraser. Wish they weren't so expensive and slow.

Thinkpads are sold to huge corporations on lease contracts so probably very few.

No.

Yes.

No. Your assumption is wrong and your reason for that assumption is irrelevant.

Actually your assumption is dead wrong, and so is your assertions based on that assumption. Are you this desperate to save your shilling job, Bao Xi?

I've never shilled anything here. I'm just telling you you're wrong if you think Sup Forums has no influence on what it's users buy.
If it weren't true, then companies wouldn't shill here.

nigger

Except you are shilling this dumb fucking $700 chink tablet right now.

what kind of retard doesn't type his notes?

Nope. Go ahead and show me the post where I even mention this device.

Anybody who is actually majoring in something useful, i.e. not social sciences/humanities.

lmfao kid. i'm 1 year away from graduating, doing genetic engineering and am in the 97% percentile for my mcat.

never written a note for a class past middle school.

if you cannot think without writing your thoughts down on paper, you ARE a brainlet.

You can't even capitalize properly.

>genetic engineering
lmao adults are marketing here kiddo, go play with your phone

>t. computer "science" major
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAH

Nah, you're the "brainlet" if you judge someone's intelligence on how they take their notes.
I bet you jerk off over your IQ score on /sci/ that you obtained at free-iqtest.net like the retard you are.

>Nah, you're the "brainlet" if you judge someone's intelligence on how they take their notes.
i suppose that makes you one. after all, it was you who implied that only people who could not make it in "something useful" do not write their notes on paper.

I never said the reason was that they "couldn't make it." It's just generally true that the people who choose majors like that type their notes because none of their classes involve any mathematical expressions.

>You like paper, do you? Well, instead of that, how about you buy our tablet which costs more than all the paper you'll use in your entire lifetime

>not using LaTeX to write his notes

Personally I found the Surface Pro 2 worked out great for me when I was attending a university

I was actually excited for noteslate, but they are dead to me after they release their pile of garbage.

I was excited for Noteslate 6 years ago.

probably true for students, mathematicians, etc, but not for artists. and that isn't including the value from all the other features of it being digital.

>>get a >Program a pdf reader with edit options that let you write over it.
>>???
>>Profit

that looks amazing but shit, $700? I would probably buy it for 4 after it came out so I could read review

Moleskin already has this?

store.moleskine.com/usa/en-us/smart-writing-set/paper-tablet/p1015?ic=rhyY/A==&vid=2773

>want to quickly reference paper notes
>glance over slightly leftwards

>want to quickly reference another document in $700 USD tablet
>take thirty years to navigate interface, load document, and slide on over to the correct page
>have to do it all over again to get back to where you originally were

>smartpens
wrong meme fucklord

>Tfw 80 years old after checking notes just twice on my tablet

remarkable table wasted my life

Don't most tablets let you write on them?

don't forget the additional 30 years from needing to charge it.

I N Y O U R A S S

And that's goddamn /thread

It's like a smart phone. No need to carry a mp3 player, video player, gaming device and internet browser device, satnav, image viewer etc. Just carry one device.

Same with this. No need to carry tens of notebooks. Have it all in one place. Never forget a textbook or an important notebook

Jesus fucking christ use your head you contrarian shit.

Hey, can someone explain what you guys mean by 'Latency problems' because I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything?

Does that mean how long it takes each press/click to respond?

>PaperTab
youtube.com/watch?v=81iiGWdsJgg

kys my man

I fancy this thing.

Pencil and paper will never ever ever be replaced.
I'm pretty sure all the meetings this meme company has will be with paper and pencils.