Galaxy S8 - No headphone jack

sammobile.com/2016/12/06/exclusive-galaxy-s8-is-not-going-to-feature-a-3-5mm-headphone-jack/

*breaths in*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3138559/mobile/apples-airpods-could-deliver-audio-with-multiple-wireless-protocols.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

JUST

this better not be true

CUT MY LIFE IN TWO PIECES

It probably is. Samsung has been downhill since the GS5 and Note 4. Stop buying their shit.

>tfw owning an S7
>tfw owning the last good Samsung phone

THIS IS MY MISSING PORT

FUCK

After the whole battery debacle, this might be the final nail in the coffin if this is true.

>good Samsung phone

If true, the headphone jack is kill and the headphone market will become a shitpile

>SpunkJizz
>Good

THERE'S NO AUDIO, NO HEARING

I told you faggots months ago. EVERYONE, EVERYONE sucks Apple's shiny aluminium cock. Welcome to the wireless future you fucking plebs.

I use the same headphone for my PC, phone, and HDMI passthrough. Soon I'll need an adapter for all 3

Was a real shame when you had to move from floppies to CDs too but that's life.

In 5 years this will all just be another vague memory of a switch from wired to wireless.

Fucking hell, what

ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
TWO
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

I'll just stick with my Nexus for the years to come.

is there a reason it's been ten years and you faggots STILL don't have bluetooth earpieces and headphones?

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MEEEE I"VE MADE MY MISTAKES GOT NOWHERE TO RUUUUUN

>they seriously thought this wasn't coming to other phones
>they thought anything was safe from Apple's influence

>Was a real shame when you had to move from floppies to CDs too but that's life.

I can still buy floppy drives for my PC. I won't be able to buy a phone with a headphone jack.

C O U R A G E

I don't like to listen to compression artifacts.

Looks like I'm getting a Pixel.

You're not entitled to be able to

SECONDARY COURAGE

Didn't the new Moto flagship omit the 3.5mm jack as well?
I don't see bluetooth headphones very often, so I can't see why manufacturers are trying to force this. There has to be some driving force behind it, like Google putting it in some new guideline for Android devices like they did with telling manufacturers not to implement Qualcomm's new QuickCharge standard.

Why is everyone's tech knowledge on this board at least 3 years out of sync with the rest of the world? I see it consistently, with all kinds of products. None of you know shit about anything.

2017 is the year of COURAGE

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HEADPHONES!

So what happens when they become another windows mobile thing?

At the rate their market share is dropping that should be pretty soon.

How can you see into my eyes, like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb, without a soul
My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

Wake me up, wake me up inside I can't wake up,
Wake me up inside, save me,
Call my name and save me from the dark, wake me up
Bid my blood to run, I can't wake up
Before I come undone, save me
Save me from the nothing I've become

Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real, bring me to life

Bring me to life, I've been living a lie
There's nothing inside, bring me to life

Frozen inside without your touch
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead

All this time, I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me

I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
I've got to open my eyes to everything

Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul

Don't let me die here
There must be something wrong, bring me to life

Bring me to life, I've been living a lie, there's nothing inside
Bring me to life

>artifacts
So this is the excuse why autists don't use wireless? Yeah, an almost imperceptible artifact will totally ruin my experience. I can't live like this, please I need muh wires, my OCD is tickling ;_;

Damn, autism is really fucked up disease. Thank g*d you're minority.

inb4 they remove the usb port and syncing to your PC is done via the cloud.
Charging is done wirelessly.

Wireless headphones SOUND LIKE SHIT why? because the data transmission (probably some bluetooth spinoff) can only transmit limited ammount of data so it can save the tiny ass battery life that those earbuds have. Not to mention probably less than 2 meters range you gonna get.

Anyone who likes to listen to things with bitrate higher than 192kbps is going to vomit. FLAC users might aswell not even bother.

>marketshare dropping

Yeah more Pajeets are now able to buy $50 Android burners. Stats are a tricky thing my simple minded friend.

Our knowledge about tech is based on memes and nothing else

>Seriously implying that ANYONE uses 2 metre long earphone cables

Thank god. Finally progress.

I hope it fucking blows up and crashes the entire fucking phone devision, those fucking gook bastards REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The AirPods apparently use two different transmission methods simultaneously. Basically, the sound won't be bottlenecked but this is only for iOS devices, other things will use standard Bluetooth. Reports say their range is around 10 meters. They do much better because of their antenna placement, signals pass through the jaw bone and not the brain thanks to the elongated stalk.

Everyone knows that direct changeover is the worst method of changeover. They could have at least kept the 3.5mm port but upgraded to USB Type-C

That's not the point faggot. Wireless is useless because if you at least had some good range with it would be justified for "some uses" but it doesn't so what's the point again? is running a cable under your shirt that bothersome? You lose quality and have to worry about battery life aswell.

This is the worst meme that normies memed and all for looks and nothing else.

>Google putting it in some new guideline for Android devices
I could buy this idea
Jewgle HAS to compete with apple on every little detail, even though they miserably fail and make everything look like a cheap chinese knockoff

Niggers, mexicans, and pajeets buying $10 android phones filling up that marketshare
At the high-end price range for smartphones, there's no reason to deal with Android OS - iPhone is better

>no options other than to adapt aren't the quickest way to adapt
>creating a way to get around making new things is the best way to force progress

Are you retarded?

No more fiddling around with cables is the advantage

Not to mention wireless earphones look way slicker

Audio over USB is next.

>the sound won't be bottlenecked

where is the proofs what is the max bitrate?

>inb4 they remove the usb port and syncing to your PC is done via the cloud.

Don't fucking give them ideas

it will not sell as well as the past phones
Applel can get away with it because of Stockholm syndrome but Sammy costumer have lots of choice, they will pick a phone with a 3.5mm jack.
HTC king of sales 2017, calling it

>inb4 they remove the usb port and syncing to your PC is done via the cloud.

This is objectively better

Why the fuck would you WANT to plug a wire in

Don't want to charge my headphone
[citation needed]

This will be a thing before 2020. By then even chinks will do it. You'll eventually be left with no options. Progress eh?

wireless charging? what is this?

welp, here comes another S6 failure again

I bet they're going to add headphone jack again on next flagship when the sales turn out to be disappointing

t. paid apple shill

Any poorfag can afford an iPhone, this isn't an argument. Leases, loans, credit, contracts exist.

>>The AirPods apparently use
>>>apparently

Not confirmed yet shitdick. Wait for the cunts to release but a few reporters mentioned it as well as some people who tore down other W1 chip devices. For example, with iPhones they could be using Bluetooth and also some form of Wifi.

That'll be a feature, and they'll end up being praised by the public as the good guys that listen. Ebin

You're still paying almost 20 times as much as a shitty Android phone if you do any of that. Total cost is the issue, not cost up front.

It's going to be less than 320kbps mark my words you apple shill. Beats only do 256kbps max

90% fo the user base uses the standard earbuds that come with the phone

fuck sake, even though I have never bought a samshit device this will give normies the wrong idea.

He meant via the cloud.

pcworld.com/article/3138559/mobile/apples-airpods-could-deliver-audio-with-multiple-wireless-protocols.html

Nothing concrete confirmed as of yet, but its likley.

>Apple likely has implemented technology so audio can be streamed from the iPhone via Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or a proprietary protocol, Demler said. Passif registered a patent called "un-tethered wireless stereo speaker system" for transfer of audio wirelessly over multiple channels, and it's "consistent with the AirPods specifications," he said.

No shit. But how much money you make has nothing go do with you being able to afford the latest apple iturd or not.

Not when they require charging.

Yes it does. This isn't difficult to understand. Many can afford a $50 Android phone but can't afford a $700 iPhone because it costs more money. It doesn't matter if they're only paying $50 a month, it's the total cost that matters.

When things cost more money they become out of reach to people who can't afford them. Really surprised that I need to explain this to someone over 18.

You are over 18, aren't you?

>buzzwords the article
>bitrate not even mentioned

with the shit quality the apple buds already are cramping the "wireless" with the battery in there they will be lucky if they can transmit over 200kbps without killing the battery in under 1 hour.

Do you really think a family making $1000/month in some developing shithole will be able to buy an iPhone even on contract assuming they qualify (as if) at $80/month for 24 months will choose the iPhone over a $100 chink android phone?

Android is more accessible with cheaper products flooded on the market.

>how much money you make has nothing go do with you being able to afford the latest apple iturd

Then why are Pajeets not buying flagship Android phones or iPhones and instead getting

>implying you're not talking to a Pajeet who is trying to defend Android

Its speculation based on a decent probability you fucking idiot. They're not even commercially available yet to do any teardowns to confirm anything.

>About to get S8
>Op's thread
Well, guess im waiting for new OnePlus

jaw cancer when

>Samsung
and nothing of value was lost

>Samsung

Why do people pay premium price for a fucking Android phone?

Nobody ever used floppies except retards.

So stop defending them you apple shill. Wireless will ALWAYS be worse than wired for devices of that size.

Can't beat physics we can't pull energy out of our ass to transmit high bitrate, get decent battery life and a blowjob from apple CEO

Samsung is the biggest and most popular Android device maker. If they tank iPhone wins, and they will tank. They don't have the ecosystem to support a wireless offering of their own like Apple. With the AirPods you can pair very quickly with one device, then have any audio playing from any other device go straight to the AirPods, even if the two haven't had contact before, simply by being signed in with your Apple ID.

>Yes it does. This isn't difficult to understand. Many can afford a $50 Android phone but can't afford a $700 iPhone because it costs more money. It doesn't matter if they're only paying $50 a month, it's the total cost that matters.
>When things cost more money they become out of reach to people who can't afford them.
This is why loans, credit, contracts exist you dipshit. Even someone earning minimum wage can afford to pay $50/month for a phone lease.

Haven't you ever noticed that the ones using iPhones have a shitty honda civic from the 90's and live with their parents or in a tiny as fuck room they rent in the middle of nowhere?

Poor people feel ashamed of being poor so they buy expensive shit on loans, credit, contracts and pretend like their life isn't an abysmal existance. Ironically making them even poorer.

The rich are usually the ones smart with money that still use an old blackberry or some old android phone.

>people actually buy smartphones that cost more than $200
Couldn't care less about someone dumb enough to dump that much money on a disposable device, let them spend another $100 on shitty wireless head phones

>Can't beat physics
Yes you can with iPhysics

Who says they're not? They can get loans, contracts, credit even in their 3rd world country.

I make 30k a year, have my house 50% paid off, and no credit card debt. How many gbp has your mommy given you this week user?

>So stop defending them you apple shill. Wireless will ALWAYS be worse than wired for devices of that size.

When did I ever say this was better? Imagining things I said to attack them is pretty fucking retarded. Nothing will beat wired, but do people care about music over 320kbps? The answer is no. Apple appears to have been able to offer AT LEAST 256kbps audio reliably, this is enough for the product's use, which is casual listening. If you work with music you're still of course going to be using wired audio and a dedicated DAC.

third worlder here
the poorer the people are the more money they spend on useless shit for status
eg. cars, premium smartphones, clothes
my friend that makes $120k a year and uses his smartphone a lot still has an old moto g2 and his maid that makes less than $30k has a iPhone 6s

This is why Sony phones have always been best phones.

Ironically these are the same people living paycheck to paycheck in some ghetto who probably also live on food stamps.

You have to be 18+ to be on this site my child

DELETE THIS

unless you own a notebook floppies are still used for BIOS updates (somewhat retarded) and in the military they still use 8" floppies for mission control-tier devices such as the nuclear force (somewhere between very retarded and not retarded)

>Haven't you ever noticed that the ones using iPhones have a shitty honda civic from the 90's

Ah, so you're an American hick. Look Cletus, your village isn't the rest of the world. In developed western Europe, almost everyone has an iPhone, because they're very easy to afford. Nobody gets an actual bank loan to buy a phone you dumb fuck.

>The rich are usually the ones smart with money that still use an old blackberry or some old android phone.

You can't be this delusional.

>Touchjizz
>exploding batteries
>now this

It's like Samsung want people to not buy their shit

>Who says they're not?

LITERALLY the fucking graph you posted you retard. 3rd worlders aren't taking loans to buy ANY fucking phones. They're more concerned with clawing their way out of poverty and eating the next day.

This.
>Be a student
> buy chinkshit
> be happy woth my cracked s4
> see grill who is looking rich, uses an Iphone and has no money to change

Also
>tfw no house prostitute who you can fuck 24/7 for $30k a year

LG WINS AGAIN