What the hell is the deal with Ryzen ?

I see everyone goind mad with Ryzen, and I don't know why.

Can someone redpill me ?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Intel choking the PC market to death will finally end.

It's making CPUs great again.
[jim_keller_with_gun_in_car.png]

and then that 600 core ryzen performs shit in all games because AMD unoptimized driver kek.

>x86 CPU
>drivers
everybody point and laugh at the dumb Sup Forumsirgin until he goes back

My CPU driver is acting up, fucking Windows 10.

I'm maybe a fucking dumbass but...

What's wrong with Intel ? Is Rysen a real improvement or is it just a meme ?

Basically it's outperforming a $1000+ intel processor while selling for less than $400.

The kikes did it

pcworld.com/article/3167279/computers/amd-sorry-there-will-be-no-official-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7.html

CPU x86 drivers, you were saying?

>multithreaded
Yes it's fucking nothing

>What's wrong with Intel ?
price gouging.

that's basically it these days. years ago they'd do some pretty nefarious shit like bribing OEMs, sabotaging their compiler on competing hardware, etc.

now they mostly just milk their tech lead and segment the market like fuck, which pisses off many people, but otherwise can't be considered unethical or anti-competitive.

It's only exciting because it has more cores and is cheap. No proof whatsoever they even gotten to performance parity with intel.

Just two websites crapping out some "leaks" over and over cuz they realized it'll drive traffic from g

Ahhh but here's the kicker: at worst ryzen at the same frequency will have at least ~95% the single-core performance of kaby lake.

>So it's better and cheaper

How this voodoo works ?

Lol, your gonna have a bad time in a weeks time friendo

great googling there. you find those two words in conjunction with each other and stuff.

there's still no such thing as a CPU driver. the CPU exposes an instruction set (in this case x86). the kernel's job is to what machine code the CPU executes, and when. instruction set support is at the assembler/compiler level. any optimization must also be done there, or in the software itself.

what AMD can release is microcode patches and chipset drivers. by not supporting win7, they will simply not supply packages by which those microcode or chipset driver patches can be deployed via win7. Ryzen should be stable on win7 and run at peak performance despite this. only, certain chipset or uarch features might not work.

for example, win7 can run on Skylake chips but their ultra-low-power modes are only available on 10.

lastly, regardless of this, you're still a fucking moron for suggesting this somehow translates to vidya performance. fuck off to Sup Forums please.

Imagine a world where paying Intel extortion fees and being told "4 cores is plenty" ceased to exist?

Imagine a future of computing that finally gives you freedom to choose what's important for your computing needs, versus being told only one fits in your price range.

No more annual socket updates for 5% IPC gains.

No more 1000 dollar desktop performance CPUs and cheap, power efficient, home servers and NAS boxes.

Intels stranglehold on the CPU market is largely over.

75% single core IPC performance. With superefficient similtaneous multi-threading, for 150-200 USD less than an Intel counterpart means AMD pulled off a miracle.

>games
literally children

In a absolutely best case scenario. You're overhyping.

CPUs need drivers, just like every other pc component. You got proven wrong by that user and want to throw a tantrum?

Good for you

Just like the bulldozer hype

>muh cores
Yeah, no, fuck off.

See how hard you punch yourself in the temple.

>No more annual socket updates for 5% IPC gains.

I will never understand this retarded Sup Forums tier meme. Nobody tells you to update and it sure as fuck is better than the AMD's "upgrade once ever 5 years while your hardware gets outdated in the middle of period so you're becoming a waitfag for 2 years" route.

> I don't know why.
Some people on here aren't teenagers and remember when AMD were fucking gods.
Knowing the old AMD, it's easy to understand how this isn't bullshit like Bulldozer.

The two old gods, Jim Keller and Raja are back at AMD. And the new god, Su, has joined them.
They're going to wreck Intel's shit.
Then they're going to wreck Nvidia's shit.
Then they're going to wreck all the shit in the mobile space.

No one is safe, except the consumer. AMD was always an extremely oddly consumer friendly company even when they were massive.

Literally the only reason Intel is still alive today is because illegal anti-competitive anti-trust business tactics. Intel would only sell to OEMs at reasonable prices and were giving huge kickbacks to buyers as long as they didn't buy AMD at all (despite AMD chips being better performance for cheaper and that they didn't light your house on fire) and they had a lot of marketing might.

AMD was the first to bring in DDR2 RAM while Intel was trying to push some overpriced piece of shit weird named RAM.
AMD created most of this SIMD vector shit that is standard to use in games today. "3DNow" or whatever basically became SSE. It's a good deal of why the 1.33Ghz Thunderbird ran 30% better in many games than the 1.5Ghz Pentium 4.
AMD created x86-64. Before that there was a 4GB memory limit. And Intel REALLY REALLY didn't want 64bit to happen as it cost more money short term for no short term benefit but AMD was just "fuck you, people want it".
AMD created dual core while Intel had its dumpster fire 1core hyperthreaded Pentium 4.
The list goes on forever. Intel hasn't done shit but force things down people's throats with marketing, overprice, and get lucky that Hector was retarded and okay'd Bulldozer after Jim Keller wasn't there to call everyone retards.

Anyone who doesn't think or know that AMD has potential to be god tier again has at best been involved with computing for ~10 years.

You can tell it's a lot of young kiddos who are hardcore Intel fanboys.

That's some desperate fanboyism. AMD hasn't been able to compete since dual core reached consumers.

Sure, they may have had a slight lead against Pentium D, but from core 2 and onwards they've been struggling to catch up to Intels previous generation.

This will be no different.

It's looking really good, but as always there are a bunch of false flaggers trying to hype it beyond the stars so that they can tear it apart if it's not literally the greatest thing to happen in human history.

>Falseflaggers

I fucking hate your retarded AMD shills for that.

We both know there are no falseflaggers, it's just actual AMD retards having their 5 minutes before going back to suicide watch.

AMD hasn't been a player for 10 years with several failed generations. Intel totally dominated the market with faster and more efficient CPU's. Now, AMD is back in the game with 14nm chips that have hyperthreading, while also doubling the amount of physical cores and threads. To top it off they are going to sell them at much lower prices than Intel.

Intel has gotten complacent after all these years. They figured AMD was finished. They will lose big on this, but since they're so big they'll be able to take the hit and learn from it. AMD definitely needs Ryzen to wipe the floor with the current Intel stock, to show that they're still capable of competing at the highest level (they were about to go under).

I firmly believe the hype is real, and the benchmarks are real. Look at how many motherboard manufacterers jumped on the Ryzen bandwagon by releasing a wide variety of boards, much more than any previous AMD generations. They were clearly very impressed. They smelled money and they wanted in.

just get an nvidia graphics card then on your AMD rig.

you are confusing gpus and cpus, or AMD vs Intel vs AMD(radeon) vs NVIDIA.

Just a bunch of shilling by people paid to do so. They'll leave eventually.

lmao you have no clue.

Intel didn't actually beat AMD until 2011 with Sandy Bridge.
It was only in 2007-2010 that AMD was no longer straight shitting on Intel and things were more even.
Processors like the Phenom II X4 for $275 or whatever was just as good as the Q9450 or whatever at at $325 and so on.

It was only when Sandy Bridge came out that there was the i5-2500k that was 2/3rds the price of the Q9450, 50% higher clocks, 15% higher IPC. So more than double the performance/$ all of a sudden.

And that's why Ryzen is so clearly a game changer, because people that aren't teenagers like you also remember Sandy Bridge's release. It's as big as Sandy Lake was; more than double the performance for the price again.

TL;DR

AMD - MOAR COARES ヽ(。_°)ノ wait... now make the coares faster! ヘ(゜Д、゜)ノ

Intel - Oy Vey the goy knows...

Any good ITX boards for AMD yet?

Well we will see soon enough, jim keller was on that shit so yeah.

>You can tell it's a lot of young kiddos who are hardcore Intel fanboys.
The saddest part about it is that they don't know anything about how shit the company is and always has been.

They're just the spineless sort of cucks who always back whoever they perceive as "winning".
It's like the cucks who voted for Hillary in the Democratic primary because "she's going to win anyway". People who didn't like her, but wanted to back the perceived winner.
People who don't have a favorite sports team and just back who they hear is doing the best.
These are the worst sorts of shitters on the planet.

people originally wanted ryzen to be almost as fast as the current intel generation but a little bit cheaper. now it might actually seem that its faster and much cheaper. thats whats fueling the hype, since nobody really expected it. the big unknown atm is how well these chips overclock compared to intel where mid-tier binned 7700K's are hitting 5GHz on high-end air.

There won't be until October when the APU comes out.

An I5 750 absolutely managed to slaughter a Phenon II X4 965 you retard.

Look it up, there's plenty comparisons.

>more than double the performance

Only if we talk about AMD CPUs. The performance is literally the same or a bit lower against Intel, if you own Kaby or Skylake there is no actual reason to lose money by swapping to Ryzen. It's just that the performance per dollar is going to be incre-fucking-dible, assuming those charts are real. Still Intel isn't dead by any means, the current market share of AMD in CPU departament is non-existent so they need at least 2-3 of future domination in order to also get all those folks who already own Broadwell/Sky/Kaby.

pretty sure mobo support for ryzen is much bigger than any previous AMD generation. there should be plenty of boards.

I'm Intel/Nvidia fan and I've been shilling for Trump since he announced running. Your analogy is retarded. People pick whatever runs best, stop taking obvious baits and shitposts so seriously you fuck face, also no, AMD isn't the poor "fucked by shills while being as good" company you want them to be, they were simply irrelevant for last 5 years.

>what is price-performance ratio
>what is gaming
>m-muh transcoding

>performs at, or better than intel CPU with same core count
>I-ITS N-N-NOTHING GOYS!
Keep telling yourself that.

It performed better than the 6900k at the same frequency with the same core count and clock.

Its obviously like 5 years behind intel right?

Oh wait, you're retarded.

It's not Mobo companies that is lagging, AMD has yet to release the x300 chipset and ill not be doing so until late this year. ITX people will just have to stick to Intel for the time being, I'm just here total advantage of any price drop from Intel.

Looks like the X300 mini-ITX won't come out until like 2 weeks after Ryzen.

Shit sucks.

It's probably only going be faster in super rare cases.
But they are MUCH cheaper than expected. Most people expected 30-40% cheaper for 80-90% the performance. Instead they're 40-65% cheaper for 85-105% the performance.

>itunes
lmao kill yourself

Stop spreading this misinformation after you were already corrected in another thread, fucktard.

>Only if we talk about AMD CPUs
I was comparing double the performance/$ compared to Nehalem. I skipped Westmere because Westmere was a more in-between transitional architecture that only lasted 1 year, and Sandy Bridge was shown a year earlier as what Intel was working toward from the start.

And people that got Westmere were mostly idiots anyway, because they knew a year earlier that the real shit was coming a year later.

>what is moving the goalposts

>And people that got Westmere were mostly idiots anyway, because they knew a year earlier that the real shit was coming a year later.
Like people who got a 6700k or 7700k when Zen was announced 4 years ago.

CPUs do not need drivers. Integrated GPUs do, however.

Here's something that might be more to your flavor then.

>hurdur this chip "SLAUGHTERED" this other one
>well no it didn't
>STOP MOVING THE GOALPOSTS!!
kek

Remember, cinebench doesn't count as a benchmark.

d l e t t h i s

> I5 750 absolutely managed to slaughter a Phenon II X4
Phenom II competed with Core2.

In a modern system both memory and the CPU require kernel mode code — as do devices — to function.

Memory requires management of virtual memory tables. The CPU requires maintenance of process control structures.

In the business, such code is not called a "driver".

Generally, one thinks of a device driver as being kernel mode code that responds to devices through the interrupt vector.

That said, on some systems there are "printer drivers" that do not fit that definition of driver.

In short, do memory and CPU have something called a "driver"? No. Do they have something analogous to a driver? Yes.

It counted when intel was winning

No goalposts were moved.

performance/$ was right there in the post you replied to.
And that's not even me who pointed out what a fucktard you are in that post.

But yeah that's a retarded benchmark to cite, the X4 965 came out almost a whole year earlier.
Yet even then, the Phenom X4 955 beat the year newer i7-950 in many games.
Dumb shit.

Such a curious turn of events is it not?

So you're saying AMD aren't "gods" because they release lower performing products that put out more heat despite the performance gap just for a few dollars less?

Good to know.

>phenom ii x4 was 2009
>I5 750 was released in 2009
I don't give a fuck what AMD attempted, what matters is what happened.

ok ryzer is a meme, thank you

Intel didn't have any competition for 7 years, so they just charged whatever the fuck they wanted.

Now AMD has parts that are equivilent in performance, but are charging much less to capture market.

Both are/will be selling their products more than a ten thousand percent marked up.
I'm not even kidding with that number.

>aren't
>gods
What are you on about? Are you schizophrenic? Your post is unintelligible. My point is that AMD might be producing another excellent price-performance chip which they did in the past. Get over yourself, autistic weirdo.

>equivalent in performance
Just like Bulldozer?
Or what about Phenom II?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM???

SInce when? I've been seeing it brought up all the time in the past 6 years.

Since yesterday when the chinese leaked a cinebench run from a review.

Hey it's not like you have to pay money for it befroe it come out.

leaked benchmarks shoe it to be pretty good, OEMs are happy and have posted so - they never did that for Bulldozer (PhenomII wasn't really hyped, but I didn't really care, I was happy with Conroe then)

You're also forgetting all the times Intel hyped the shit out of NetBurst.
And you're also forgetting the hype AMD made for Kaveri, which sucked, but OEMs didn't bother marketing either.

Starting to wonder if you're not simply too stupid to hold a conversation with multiple people without getting confused

phenom ii was against core2 and it did good.

bulldozer was never equal to the i series, we knew that before release, AMD presentation in hot chips was pretty clear.

It will be RX480 all over again, amd fanboy claiming it will destroy competition for a much lower price and when it comes out its worse.and more.expensive than the competition and all the shills suddenly disappear

Fuck off

That's clearly a GPU bottleneck.

It's just AMD astroturfing Sup Forums hard. I guarantee it.

>It will be RX480 all over again

? it did what it supposed to do. and now it is better than 1060.

Please be around when official numbers come. I wanna see you, crying around.

>The two old gods, Jim Keller and Raja are back at AMD
Keller left AMD like a year and a half ago now...
Easier to hype shit up than it is to get facts right.

Keller always works project base. he already left paths for Zen+ and beyond. If AMD wants him back again, he would come again.

Well they were back, I should have said. He was back working on Zen and left AMD with many years of future designs.

It was the past tense "are", obviously.

no shit sherlock

all the heavy lifting for ryzen was done years ago

That is just wishful thinking.

If zen is a flop can we blame keller for it too ?

of course. but keller never failed before. his track record is amazing. that's why we trust in him this much.

>Intel didn't have any competition for 7 years

And it showed.

From 2005 to 2011, ignoring single core performance, Intel DOUBLED their overall CPU performance, year on year (600%)

From 2011 to 2017? 5%, less than 5% of you count overclocking.

>Intel shills will defend this

So it's his fault when Zen can't perform better than Haswell in third party reviews?

>release new CPU
>no ITX board for months after launch because lol who cares what direction computers are going
AMD is finished before it started.

>make up fake news about no itx boards
>hope it will stick

Intel Shills everyone.

>b-but it's a PCRag article it has to be empirical evidence r-right
extreme levels of retardation on display here

I wouldn't say intel has done nothing.

Todays 7350k is nearly as good as a 2600K
anandtech.com/show/11083/the-intel-core-i3-7350k-60w-review

Adjusting for inflation the 7350k is about half the price of the 2600k

Some people are just not happy and want to see C2D gains every generation.

>who cares what direction computers are going
No one should care what direction idiots are going.
Just buy a laptop.

There is no reason for ITX to exist today.
>Less slots
>typically 1/3rd the VRM setup of a real ATX board, sometimes less (2+1phases is typical for ITX, 16+2 is typical for ATX - if you never want to OC or love housefires, ITX is the way to go!)
>terrible audio
>Less front port connectivity due to less board space
>usually only 1 years warranty vs 2/3 on ATX since OEMs know ITX will fail sooner due to thermal wells/hotspots

If you buy ITX, you're an actual moron.

This. You can also literally buy an 8GB Rx 480 for ~$200 too...

Why should someone buy a new CPU for 5% performance increase?

In what reality is Intel entitled to my money?

it wont be $389 it will be more at the $500

1700x is 390 bucks.

1800x will be around 500 not 1700x the article is talking about

>AMD doesn't want to violently rape intel with a cactus and make it bleed the most market share possible
k

Sorry mate, it's gonna be $389 for the 1700X.
$449 for the 1800X.

Prices already exist at ingram micro - it's not even a guess or 'leak'

wtf I love jews now

30% improvement in 6 years, because they refuse to try anything different since itanium.

I will get an Ryzen tattoo for a rig contact me pls AMD

[email protected]

I will be here to remind you amdshits how much this amd failed AGAIN