AMD thread performance

We know the shills just as they did last time only talk about 100% multithreading. As if everything we do is pure encoding on our PCs. Has anyone done any purely single threaded benchmarks to assess what we'll do in reality for most existing software?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11143/amd-launch-ryzen-52-more-ipc-eight-cores-for-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-processor-benchmark-cinebench-leak/
youtube.com/watch?v=3rUndzpdo1I
anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, yes they have. They come at around the same as intel's high end.

Proof or it didn't happen.

anandtech.com/show/11143/amd-launch-ryzen-52-more-ipc-eight-cores-for-under-330-preorder-today-on-sale-march-2nd

Ryzen 7 1800X has the same single threaded performance as the i7 6900k

Are you literally mentally challenged. That says "AMD's benchmark". Give me an actual benchamrk from an actual human that is not FUCKING AMD ITSELF.

There's videos of benchmarks running on AMD's systems all over the place now.

6900K has worse single-threaded than even an i3. Look at OP. Also your "benchmark" is an AMD ad, not an independent one.

Cry more, little kids.

That's a 3.7GHz chip. Are AMD shills even trying? My haswell runs at 4.6GHz for years.

Are you literally mentally challenged or just being paid? You are going to get a shitty chip, not me. Those "comparisons" are done *BY AMD* on cherry picked Intel chips that run on ~3.5Ghz. Most people here run chips at least on 4.2Ghz.

I'll wait for the Passmarks on the CPU before saying a verdict, but as someone that used Intel exclusively until now I think Ryzen looks pretty good. I want to see the single-threaded Passmark before jumping the gun though.

>b-b-b-but my overclocked chip is faster than this other one at stock speeds!

Yeah, you're a pathetic crying little kid.
Cinebench isn't a cherrypicked benchmark.
You kike shills really have no soul or sense of decency whatsoever.

I clearly see a repetition of their last shilling. "Look at our 100% multithreaded benchamarks only". They didn't even us an Intel CPU that goes above 3.7Ghz.

>5.1ghz OC with liquid nitrogen

AMD is finished

I'm someone that believes other factors matter more than just frequency. That said I am using a i5 2.8Ghz so I am in no place to complain, if Ryzen is better than Intel CPUs in that same range while delivering plausible single-core performance I'm down.

Are you literally a junior high school drop out? Nobody is trying to trick you here. Those benchmarks are done against an intel that literally run 1Ghz lower than most people's chips today.

>b-b-b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bbbut muh frequency!
They're comparing two stock parts, you pathetic little kid.

Its beyond sad that you're this desperate.
Full fledged kike damage control.

Your anger shows you are full of shit. Nobody is trying to trick you here. You are sticking your tongue inside the arsewhole of AMD so deep you don't see you are quoting THEIR OWN BENCHMARK on intel chips that literally ONE GIGAHERTZ LOWER than most people's chips today.
Literally fuck off and die.
Shill.

Yes, it's great

>wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-processor-benchmark-cinebench-leak/

>AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
>259 bucks
>has the same power as
>Intel Core i7 6950x
>1723 bucks

What the fuck

>bubububububbubut these factory stock chips are lower than muh overclocked
>how dare anyone compare performance of two stock chips
>b-b-b-but intel isn't that bad guys
>plz buy intel
>t-t-t-the results are cherry picked
>plz I need money for a trip to Israel

The Ryzen 7 1800X is faster than the i7 6900k.
Its also a 95w part compared to 140w for the i7.

Must suck to be a kike shill right now, you filthy heeb.

The intel prices are the 'intel monopoly' prices.
You're watching a monopoly get shit on by sudden competition.

10 cores/20 threads.

That is why.

>muh multithreaded benches
>moar corez
bulldozer all over again
these little kids are so god damn annoying

Ryzen 7 1800X CB15 single threaded score - 162
4ghz Skylake i7 6700k only scores 182.
Cry more.

yeah shit just gets confusing. going to stick with my i5-4460 here and just get a 470 or 1050 ti desu heh

>mrw an intel shill tries to suck my dick so i spend 5 times more money for less performance

who would be so retarded

>why can I only buy from Standard Oil :---DDDD

Dude Intel is moarcorez company nao, expect moarcorez in Coffee Lake aka desperate attempt to compete with memezen.

That's 10 points below a $50 Pentium G4560.

>Has anyone done any purely single threaded benchmarks to assess what we'll do in reality for most existing software?

Yes, those leaked too. Lrn2google. 1800x was on par with overclocked 6700K. or something.

Is it just me or does Sup Forums just become shit around he time that new CPU/GPUs are supposed to be released but there still aren't any official benchmarks.

Just shut the fuck up. These threads are useless until the product hits store shelves.

i3 i5 and i7 have litteraly the same single thread perforance, multy thread is what sets them apart

They already hit the shelves today.

>can't even keep up with new Pentium or i3
HAHAHAHA IT REALLY IS BULLDOZER 2.0

Ryzen 7 1800X:
Faster in Cinebench 15
Faster in Blender
Faster in Handbrake

The only thing faster than a Ryzen 7 processor is the Jew execs at intel wiping the nervous sweat off of their foreheads.

THIS

There is no difference between an I3 I5 or I7 CPU in single threaded apps; same architecture, same core structure, same everything.

What sets them appart is the number of cores, frequency and SMT

only retards will say "hurr durr it can't even beat an I3 even though the 1700 dollars I7 scores even lower hurr durr"

Do you think pre orders count as released?

yeah but is it faster in things that actually matter?

Single-threaded and running 400MHz faster. And if that's the line you're taking, I'd also point out that that same i3-4300 - a Haswell chip - is outperforming the $1700+ 10-core i7-6950X.

So, what's your point?

I'd expect someone on Sup Forums to know what clock speed is

trips have spoken

Yes. And cheaper and lower power too

do you actually own an enthusiast cpu or are you just trying to defending intel?

This one user has been spamming the same shit in every thread. He is an honest to god intel marketer, probably some Indian making $0.20 per day, or he is an autistic fanboy trying to defend his favorite brand.

he's just a shill

any info on temps?

Bulldozer never scored competitive in a single core Cinebench.

It's over. A minor advantage in single thread performance won't save you, especially not in 2017.

I will see forward to the 28th respectively 2nd of March when it's validated by third parties.

It also is just one point away from a 6800k and above the 5930 and 5960X. Almost like it's similar per clock
You cannot be more desperate.

so far there are no 3rd party coolers for the am4 socket so even if there where temps i wouldent trust them

I guess that makes the Pentium 4560 superior to a 6800k as well.

Holy fuck I can hear you screaming from here, shill

>so far there are no 3rd party coolers for the am4 socket

Intel fuccboi is so used to changing motherboard for every new socket that he thinks that every new socket requires new mountings.

>N...no, it's y-you who has lost!

The worst part is that you're doing it for free.

The majority of people won't spend more than 300 bucks on the CPU.

The Ryzen 7 1700 costs 359€ in Europe.

As usual, people on the internet love shitposting, even though at the end of the day they are surely not gonna buy the 1800X.

212 evo supports AM4.

Don't forget that the Ryzen 7 1700 has lower single-thread performance (= performance in games) than a Pentium G4560.

am4 is wider than am3 = need new mounting bracket
noctua has said they will ship you one for free if you have one of thier high end coolers

lol theres no way you can know that, you don`t have the cpu on hand

source?

Just wait until the review NDA is lifted.

Nice bullshit claim pajeet.

I wonder when the Ryzen 5 CPUs are gonna be released.

if this isn't a troll I really admire you

It already features a 3.7GHz Turbo, depending on the boost it will already match your shitty Pentium with its little Cache. Not to mention overclocking and everything utilizing more than two threads.

Here's your board

Ryzen has the same single-thread performance as Broadwell, putting it 2-3% lower than Kaby Lake at the same clock speed.

The only thing we don't know yet is how well they clock. They are unlikely to get to 5 GHz like the i7-7700K can, so anything using

The 1700 features a 3.7GHz Turbo, depending on the boost it will already match your shitty 3.5GHz Pentium with its little Cache on stock. It's also overclockable and will nuke your 2C/4T on everything utilizing more than two threads. SMT can't replace cores.

Here's your board

stop pretending to be retarded, shill

>he bought intels 7000 series back in january

Good investment, nothing wrong with that.

Unless you actually really need moar cores.

>not needing more cores
you mean games? ryzen could be faster than 7000 series intel cpus, they already confirmed it with battlefield
anything that is not a game will profit from more cores

>passmark

>could

It won't be though.

If you most of the part use your PC for gaming purposes, Intel CPUs are still way ahead.

You destroyed him. Rip in peace.

but it is faster, you stupid kike in denial

>more cores = faster

I see, an IQ89 dude.

but the IPC is the same, see kike shill in denial

>pc hardware
>investment
>7xxx series before ryzen

How in the name of everything that you hold ear can you be so retarded and how can you post being this cripling stupid?

>another waiting faggot

Go away retard.

He needed a new CPU in January.

I will buy the 1800X

I don't need an Intel i7-6950X either.
And that CPU has less IPC than an i7-6700K.

>ryzen was unveiled as kaby release
>everyone said it was coming Q1
>it happened
>implying waiting 2 months is not acceptable
3 or more months is when you shouldnt wait

no it doesnt. intel is just clocked higher.

>needed
>wanted

How in the name of everything that you hold dear can you be so retarded and how can you post being this cripling stupid?

To be fair, Skylake is slightly ahead in IPC - but we're talking about 8% from that Cinebench result.

I guess it's a point if you couldn't afford a 7700k either, but we'll see when their 6C and 4C parts launch.

Whats the release date gain?

march 2

the fact AMD can undercut Intel's top chips for half the price shows that kikes gonna be kikes and im not going to support them.

anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9

Skylake is 4% higher than Broadwell in CB15 ST at equal clocks. Less than a 3% uplift in MT.

>Shitting on Intel from such a great height they will think its 1946 again.

DELET!
R
E
E
E
E

>not including the ryzen benchmark
>not including that ryzen is also better in single and multithread
kys faggot

>waaahh this benchmark does not conform with what i bleieve
>this not biased benchmark does so i agree with it
Kill yourself. The difference between the two benchmarks is that one is user-based and the other is done by the company that's trying to sell it's product.

7 1700X for me. The streaming benchmarks 7700K vs 7 1700 say it all, still so much fps lag on a CPU released months ago apparently meant to be multithreaded. Unless you solely want single task gaming performance and don't care about production, work, lower rendering speeds, future proofing, etc. then a 7700K might get you better value.
I suppose anyone with 4 cores will inevitably be taught in 2 years when 6 cores are the minimum, while higher core enthusiasts will be cruising with peak cores and thread counts for 4 years at a lower cost
Also simply the magic of how they managed an 8 core 16 thread CPU better than the 6900K at 67.8% of the wattage

everyone with a brain knows that passmark is unreliable and innacurate because it combines a fuckton of various hardware combinations.

if you want accurate benchmarks you do so with similar hardware so the only difference in performance shown is that between the things you are comparing

The irony. If you invest in the 80% shareholders that can easily (and do) raise prices when they corner the market, you're an idiot

AMD's marketing team is run by a bald wife-beating alcoholic who has attempted to silence anyone who criticizes him in the past. I'd wait for independent benchmarks.

still getting more for my money than intel

Core per core, Ryzen is absolute garbage.

Basically if you do any gaming, do not buy Ryzen.

>unconfirmed leaks

unsupervised direct access to the test rigs

>clocked at 3.2ghz outperforms 6950x by 400 points
>costs a fraction of a 6950x
>d-don't buy new amd c-cpus!!!

intel damage control team is here

>3.3, 3.2 and 4GHz
>All the same

thinking.png