It doesn't support Windows 7. Why the FUCK would you put up with this travesty? AMD had one job and like usual...

It doesn't support Windows 7. Why the FUCK would you put up with this travesty? AMD had one job and like usual, they blew it. No thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aikfO6Sw0hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel you OP, anybody have advice on different OS's that aren't botnet?
Red-pill me on W10 if youw

Stop being stuck in 2009 and it won't be a problem.

>AMD had one job and like usual, they blew it. No thanks.
What does this have to do with AMD? Are you stupid?
Also, pic related

>using Windows

The newest intel processors don't support W7 either.

They'll still work with W7 since at the end of the day it's a x86 processor you goofs, you just won't get official microcode updates or those special features

>using lunix

Microsoft won't backport kernel scheduling and idle state patches to Windows 7. You can still use it unofficially, AMD and motherboard manufacturers supply chipset drivers for Windows 7 and 8.

Says Windows 7 right there m8.

Holy shit W7?
There is still hope then.

>stop being stuck 8 revolutions ago around the sole star of our solar system

Fake news.

what?

>windows 7

The future is now, old man

it microsoft fault, they already send the patch, Microsoft refuse to included in window update.

What exactly does it mean that ryzen is incompatible with Win7? Would it not boot? Or what exactly would happen?

>what is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB

Then release a better OS. This shouldn't be too difficult, right? It's almost a decade old.

No official driver support

Get back to work Pajeet, those phones won't answer themselves

It functions but no extra support or something.

It's just not supported officially. Some of the newer extensions might not work. h.265 extensions for example might not be able to be utilized if you do encoding. So most people probably will not even notice a difference.

A sidegrade from Windows 7 at best that only addresses some of the issues.

The simple fact is nobody would use Windows 10 if Microsoft wasn't forcing DirectX 12 to be 10-exclusive. If Windows 10 was genuinely worth using Microsoft wouldn't have to literally give it away for free while witholding Win7 updates.

> buy 1800X for $500
> water cool it for $100
> overclock
> spend the remaining $400 on the best whores available
Intel shills will remain virgin forever lmao

Even apple is beating them with their 1W CPUs

It would boot. It's just that operating systems receive microcode patches which basically optimize the system for the architecture it's running on. Most often, these patches do little to no difference in terms of performance. By denying these patches, the architecture is effectively "unsupported", but since it's still the same old x86_64 instruction set it's entity compatible.

It means nothing. W7 will run but you wont get any updated windows 7 drivers. Yes your old hardware and drivers will work.

>spend the remaining $400 on the best whores available
what a fucking waste

Windows 10 is actually pretty smooth, the machines at my work have them. The spying shit is a deal breaker for sure though. I see no reason to switch to 10 for a fancier UI, nor DX12 which still isn't fully adopted just yet.

No support != No functionality

Just like how no one will support OP's anime addiction, doesn't mean he still can't watch it like the degenerate he is.

Why do you expect Microsoft to backport new stuff into older operating systems?

>what is linux

If there's a critical bug in these totally brand new CPUs you ain't getting a microcode update if you're on Windows 7. This has happened before and having the update has made the difference between having your computer crash randomly or having stability.

>Desktop Linux
>Good

lol

Cause I use 10 and I don't give a shit.

You can do that?

A server OS

>Smooth
I ran Cinebench on an identical system in the same configuration under Windows 7 and Windows 10. Win10 is ~5% faster. Is that the "revolutionary technology" of 2017?

>Fancier UI
It isn't even consistent.

jesus christ nu-Sup Forums is really out today. wow.

win 10 LTSB, thank me later

do you actually lose any performance by using ryzen woth win7?

Dude, Cinebench is supposed to stress the hardware. A 5% performance improvement cause by the OS is actually quite good. The OS can't magically improve your hardware though.

And your argument is...?

Not who you're replying to, but nu-Sup Forums is basically the fact that Sup Forums is becoming Sup Forums overflow. Sup Forums is going to shit due to it.

It's not that the CPU doesn't support Ryzen you idiot, its that Windows 7 doesn't support the CPU.

A piece of shit.

>m-m-muh m-muh games!
ftfy

Windows 8.1 + Startisback = Windows 7 anyways, stop whining you faggots. Use LTSB N if you don't want any of the meme features or botnet and call it a day.

>It's not that the CPU doesn't support Ryzen you idiot
>CPU doesn't support Ryzen you idiot
>CPU doesn't support Ryzen
>you idiot

You clearly are.

>not supporting a decade old OS that is going to be unsupported by even MS soon enough
I hope you're just trolling and you aren't this autistically retarded.

>It isn't even consistent.
Never said it was, I was referring more to the effects versus Windows 7. You're pretty much preaching to the choir, I never even implied it was "revolutionary technology". I just think it looks nice.

What is this Windows 10 LTSB?
I searched online and cannot find much about it...

Buthurt mod changed the post and decides to pretend it's a typo. How low do you have to stoop?

I have seen some excuses but this takes the prize. And btw, AMD said they would not be supporting anything but the latest operating systems. That was from their own press regarding Zen. Microsoft probably paid them a good deal of needed dollars to have an exclusivity deal with Windows 10.

is that a stable OC tho ?

but i use linux though

b-but, muh gaymen

Stores here actually advertise "unofficial Windows 7" support. So it might actually be as close as it gets to Luddite-friendly CPU.

>Luddite-friendly CPU.
>preferring a fully functional, more aesthetic, non-spyware OS that is still fully relevant despite microsoft's attempts to sabotage it is somehow being a "luddite"

Go buy the latest Mac with dongles you consumer whore.

>Intelfags trying this hard to find something wrong with Ryzen
THANK YOU BASED SHIT WRECKER

Why the fuck is everyone 'tisming aout some shitty 2009 OS? Upgrade to 8, 10, or just go install Lickass

SHIT-WRECKER FOR PRESIDENT.

Because we have taste here user.

8 and 10 are objective downgrades. Even microsoft employees know that.

>a processor doesn't support an OS
What is this meme?

Blackmail and coercion by Microsoft's failing OS (Win10). MS must have paid a handsome sum to get Intel and AMD to make their CPUs exclusive to W10.

Holy shot Zen still isn't a buyable product?

Well it's too little too late...too late for Xmas season...to late for USA tax refund season...

Too fucking late to give a shit. I'll just stick with my FX 8320

Your loss

1.85V
That shit is gonna destroy itself in a few hours.
Anything above 1.45v is pushing it longevity wise

Also, most 7700k can hit 5.0ghz with reasonable voltage,
Hell, my 2600k was able to hit 5.1ghz 1.51v back in the day.

could possibly be cpuz misreading voltages due to this being an unrealeased platform

>implying amd is losing anything from thieves
You pirated that 7 and never wanted to buy AMD in the first place.

Or he may have logic in picking a superior OS that doesn't invade privacy or have ADS.
Geee I really don't know user pretty tough decision..

see youtube.com/watch?v=aikfO6Sw0hk
that is the 2nd video.
the first video is where the photo comes from. he had to edit the video (NDA maybe ?).

on their presentation AMD gave overclockers some r1800x to see how far they could push it.

the photo in question is with LN (liquid Nitrogen)

Still fucking impressive tho

I dont miss win u at all. Shit couldny even multi monitor correctly

CPU-Z is fully supporting Ryzen since yesterday.

>a superior OS that doesn't invade privacy or have ADS.
But Windows 7 does have ads, and telemetry has been added in, without user consent... not to mention whatever other back doors you can't see

but windows 7 DOESN'T have ads and telemetry is an OPT-IN you have to agree to

retard.

Thats the exact reason why I will not upgrade to that cpu, not backwards compatible

>telemetry is an OPT-IN you have to agree to
Wrong. Install a stock W7 system and update it and you'll get all the telemetry patches. MS reissues them with new versions now and then so people who opted OUT by hiding or uninstalling those updates get them again.

I'll buy it because it triggers faggots like you

>It doesn't support Windows 7.
Doesn't mean Windows 7 won't run. You can already install windows 7 on Kabylake.

>AMDrones need to hire prostitutes to lose their virginity

Doesn't support =/= Isn't compatible

16c/16t? Werren't the top Ryzen chips 8c/16t?

>consumer whore
>prefers windows 7
You played yourself

this guy is such a fucking faggot can you link another video please?

Shit taste

Daily reminder that Intel started the same trend with Kaby Lake and that you outdated OS is not going to be supported until you die.

Also, it isn't a big deal anyways, the CPUs on themselves will work with Windows 7 just fine, maybe some really specific features will be unavailable, but that's prolly it.

It it becomes hugely popular MS will eventually support W7.

"Windows 10 ltsb" on Google, first result (an entry from windowsitpro.com or something), your welcome.

>AMD had one job and like usual, they blew up.
fixed

>or those special features
Which features are those exactly?
Like I want to upgrade to Ryzen, but I want to use win7. Which is the best option for me then?

>liquid nitrogen cooling
>barely hits 5.2

blunder of the century
I can already see how it won't overclock on air or water for shit

You know that 5.2 is across all 8 cores right?
This isn't like the overclocking world records up at 8.6 where it's done on single cores alone.

Not him but i didn't realise that

We got less than 4 years to switch to 10 or whatever new OS Microsoft releases.

So why would AMD support for obsolete OS for their newest lineups?

shut the fuck up child shill. you have no shekels either from intel or amd. so stop shilling for either and shut the fuck up and die.

Ok. Note to self, don't disprove shills with facts, apparently it offends them on a personal level.

Will this Windows 10 is bad meme ever end?

>It doesn't support Windows 7

what? didn't they say it does? dafuq amd

in that case, i'm going with a 7700k

Maybe
If Win10 stops being bad

So no

>It doesn't support Windows 7. Why the FUCK would you put up with this travesty? AMD had one job and like usual, they blew it. No thanks.
Because that's Microsoft's fault, not AMD's. Don't like it, firebomb MS headquarters.