Daily reminder that Google's best programmer uses stock Ubuntu

Daily reminder that Google's best programmer uses stock Ubuntu.

Daily reminder that Terry Davis uses stock Ubuntu.

They don't use some riced Arch desktop with underage anime girls plastered on it.

They don't use some deprecated minimalist WM.

They use what works. So what's your excuse Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goobuntu
informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1193856
templeos.org/Wb/Doc/Features.html
templeos.org/Wb/Home/Web/SymsAlpha.html
templeos.org/Wb/Home/Web/LineRep.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use Windows 7 :3

This is now a TempleOS thread

I hope xubuntu is ok

Is his name Richard Stallman ? The creator of Windows NT?

My experiences with Ubuntu is that hardware support is wonky. Which is kinda amusing, given how many vendors claim to support only Ubuntu.
I've been using an almost-stock Fedora. Works without any major problems.
>also I like dnf more than apt

Cum my lady
Cum my lady
you're my butterfly
Sugar.baby

A keyboard-driven tiling WM is a lot more comfortable desu.

Which best programmer are you talking about?

Those eyes!

Who is she???

googles best programmer kek

>she

>They don't use some riced Arch desktop with underage anime girls plastered on it.
They could and it wouldn't affect their work in any way, shape or form

soe

Soe

It's obviously a ''she'' user but with those eyes and a face, I would fuck ''her'' even if she had a dick. Although that would ruin the fantasy of creampie'ing her and having those amazing eyes on my children.

>tfw when you shitpost in full terry-mode

there are no girls on the internet.
It is always just chicks with dicks.

they don't use windows or macos

Who is this semen demon?

are you the same autistic piece of shit that keeps spamming Sup Forums with this autistic cunt's pics and nonsense about millenials?

Windows 10 is still better.

His name is Brian.

You are a CIA nigger.

>he aspires to be Google and Terry Davis
- Posted from my OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Laptop

Wrong. Let me show you how.

Cum m'lady
cum cum m'lady
you're my butt fly
sugar barbies

A TempleOS thread in TempleOS

I also switched back to stock Ubuntu from Gentoo+Unity
Does that make me a good brogrammer too?

It's rude to lie on the internet to strangers...

My """Excuse""" is that I find my Windows XP theme to be more comfortable and productivity-provoking.
I still use Ubuntu, but with Cinnamon and Mint-XP

I thought networking was the CIA niggers work?

not lying

>Daily reminder that Google's best programmer uses stock Ubuntu.

Who is he/she/whatever? Google images is failing me, any source?

just some random lesbian.

Time to fap?

Reminder that Richard Stallman uses stock Trisquel, which is based on Ubuntu.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goobuntu

Nobody said Ubuntu was 'bad', certainly better than using Windows but for people with enough spare time in their hands Arch/Gentoo will always be vastly superior.

fuck off back to

It really doesn't matter bruh.

What matters is finding something comfortable, learning to use it and then sticking with it. Most WM:s or DE:s allow smooth working once you've set it up and learned the commands and so on.

The distro doesn't matter a whole lot, you can install whatever WM you want on Ubuntu.

I just learnt that taviso (the Project Zero Cloudbleed guy) uses Gentoo and FVWM, so that's pretty cool.

I don't think I've seen any evidence that using minimalist software correlates positively or negatively with productivity, so you should really just use whatever the fuck you want to. Even Windows is probably fine.

Being a programmer doesn't make you special, in my career I've come to known lots of normies that can code but are still fucking autistic when it comes to basic computer stuff.

NASA uses Ubuntu too

the one that got away ;-;

> in my career I've come to known lots of normies that can code but are still fucking autistic when it comes to basic computer stuff.
what the hell are you trying to communicate?

normies whose job is programming yet who are "autistic"? learn to speak without using these meme word, you silly

Soe Gschwind-Penski
esports personality

I'm not gonna lie to you, I will be extremely disappointed if the next time I fap I won't have more pic of her.

i want to touch her eyes with my dick

But I use stock Ubuntu with anime girls?

I'm not sure how to answer.

Recently switched from Arch to Fedora. Arch mage me so autistic I had trouble understanding how to use a good distribution

except that every release something somewhere will break in arch, and in gentoo you have to compile stuff every once in a while (admittedly, you can do other things while it gets compiled).

the only reason not to use ubuntu is because of unity and amazon bloat. you can easily get rid of those and get yourself any of the big DEs, or go ahead and use one of the *buntu flavors in the first place.

I use what Just Works™.

>every release something somewhere will break in arch
>"I've never used Arch"

He is not lying, archfaggot.

My excuse is that archlinux just works.
Not sure about all Sup Forumsentelmen here with a questionable intelligence who can't make it work.
For me it just works, no tweaks needed after installation is complete, works out of the box.

I meant *intellect
got carried away a bit

Donald Knuth uses Ubuntu for work and macOS for graphics and browsing.

But then why do men of obviously superior intelligence like Donald Knuth choose Ubuntu?

I don't have to fit in with google's almost-quirky-but-not-quite "nerd" culture

retard

>Donald Knuth uses Ubuntu for work
Nope. Only for backup.

There aren't any templeos threads so I guess I'll ask here. Is there any documentation of templeos or are you just supposed to dig through the examples and Livestream?

informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1193856

>I currently use Ubuntu Linux, on a standalone laptop—it has no Internet connection. I occasionally carry flash memory drives between this machine and the Macs that I use for network surfing and graphics;

templeos.org/Wb/Doc/Features.html
templeos.org/Wb/Home/Web/SymsAlpha.html
templeos.org/Wb/Home/Web/LineRep.html

>Daily reminder that Google's best programmer uses stock Ubuntu.

Daily reminder Google's official internal Linux is an Ubuntu, and it comes with a shitload of google-specific setup that nobody wants to bother replicating.

So everybody runs Ubuntu.

Are you kidding? Who programs with this?
You have to scroll all up to open some app, and then you scroll down for hours to get to the right text file. But you don't know which is the right one, because they only show icons, so you put your mouse pointer over it or click it to realize it's the wrong one.

OP must be kidding.

They program but still have know clue how a computer works.

Using the internet on TempleOS would likely just brick your computer. TempleOS runs all code in ring 0.

>don't know how to use ubuntu

Even my mother is able to use ubuntu and she has trouble logging on to anything if it's not logged in automatically.

You don't have to scroll anything.

>2008
ahhahaha... I go to Stanford often to watch talks and have seen Don about dozen times in the past 5 years. I've never seen Don Knuth with anything but his MBP.

What the hell are you talking about?

Why use deprecated software? Don't be like pajeets that still use Win XP

No, people just want to believe their investment of time for marginal gains was word something.

just like /fit/

Those are called code monkeys, it's different.

> "The only thing I open in Arch is a browser"

Ubuntu is just Debian for normies

IF he finds out you implimented Networking, he will run you over in his car on 9/9/99

Even more hilarious is the guy who maintains GrSecurity/Pax doesn't even use Linux, he's been using windows since 2010 and running Linux in a VM. All the ricers are like wow you must have ebin super sekure home desktop and he's like, nah none of this shit works for a desktop it constantly prevents you from doing anything so I just run generic windows.

DJ Bernstein, famed cryptographer and author of djbdns also runs Ubuntu but only because most universities use it

The only reason Ubuntu became popular is because they made a LTS release.

This means businesses and universities just needed one stable release with guaranteed support for 5 years, which is why all university papers and sample code from research you see them testing it out on a LTS build so 5+ years somebody can replicate it.

However we have things like Guix/Nix now and virtual machines so reproducing the exact environment is much easier

>I occasionally carry flash memory drives between this machine and the Macs that I use for network surfing and graphics; but I trust my family jewels only to Linux.

He's using his shitbox for presentations.

Knuth, Sussman and Abelson are all/once were on the FSF board they don't trust unfree software.

However there is reasons to use other distros, there's a ton of startups using Exherbo and other customized distros to run cloud container bullshit with a minimum of footprint

no bully (。>﹏

BS. he uses his Mac for everything. All his books and latex sources are on it. I watched him go though them one time when someone asked a question pertaining to TAOCP.

You're full of shit.

Argue with Knuth then. Call him a liar. I'm just using his words, faggot.

>his homepage has his FVWM2 config
Yeah, I'm sure he uses FVWM2 on his mac.

I use Arch with stock gnome-shell. I like bleeding edge and yaourt.

best OS ever, too bad support ends in 2020

>hey PC users
>check this new OS
>it's literally and advertisement for our tablet department
>the one product you loved the most = byebye in 3 years

Also there are no chicks with dicks,
Only dudes with tits

I switched from Arch to Mint
It felt like switching from a monocycle I had built in my garage to driving an audi

Yeah it's great you can customize 1 million things you didn't really need or want to change anyways. 999,999 of those you can also change on Mint/Ubuntu and 900,000 also on windows.

>I like to use autism: the OS so I can get updates which change literally nothing on a package I don't need 1 week faster

Debian stable is an LTS release with 5 years of support

>soe

Why would you use Ubuntu when Debian offers the same experience without the shit canonical has added
I've always ended up with a problem using Ubuntu while Debian is rock solid

Updates are not supposed to result in any perceivable change unless its a speed improvement or reduction in installed size.

>esports personality
Is this the new gender?

so what is the point of "bleeding edge" autism?

TRACER HERE!!

Soe

thanks

doesn't pic related also work for google now? what does he use?