Ryzen chips with the slowest Single-Core speed is faster than Intel chips with the fasted Single-Core speed

>Ryzen chips with the slowest Single-Core speed is faster than Intel chips with the fasted Single-Core speed
Intel better come up with something...

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2009/12/ftc-sues-intel-for-anti-competitive-practices/
techreport.com/news/8547/does-intel-compiler-cripple-amd-performance
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#49
pcworld.com/article/3086895/hardware/eu-court-has-intel-inside-appealing-14-billion-antitrust-fine.html
anandtech.com/show/2443
hothardware.com/news/new-nvidia-drivers-disable-physx-if-a-nonnvidia-gpu-is-detected
xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20100119134616_AMD_Accuses_Nvidia_of_Disabling_Multi_Core_CPU_Support_in_PhysX_API.html
hothardware.com/news/indepth-analysis-of-dx11-crysis-shows-highly-questionable-tessellation-usage
cryengine.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=80565
techpowerup.com/165707/tsmc-gives-nvidia-priority-for-28-nm-manufacturing
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-06-10/ex-amd-workers-at-nvidia-lose-bid-to-end-secrets-lawsuit
forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Fy87gUVisQ&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=-HO6Ys3PPIw
youtube.com/watch?v=3mJIP0-1xDo
youtube.com/watch?v=9Bwl0QndhS0
wccftech.com/radeon-rx-480-gaming-performance-review-leaked
youtu.be/zWASNajSdpg
youtu.be/qyD_Q8RZh_M?t=5m56s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah and unless they also cut prices Intel is pretty much done.

They're in a state of panic because they can't keep pumping out poor to none improved chips at three times the premium

>Intel better come up with something...

They don't have to. They have all the OEM contracts, AMD has none, and they won't be able to get any new ones either as long as their portfolio is 3-4 desktop cpus.

They need to cover low, mid, and high range, plus server chips, and mobile chips, for OEMs to even CONSIDER using them.

Theres something that I don't quite understand.

Cycle for cycle comparisons don't really make sense because how the work they do within a cycle is drastically different. You can have reallllly old 3.0ghz from the 2000s and compare them to 3.0ghz processors from today and realize that new ones are far superior. The clock speed didn't change, but how the processor works did.

Given that in consideration, as much as I want jewtel to die and for there to no longer be a monopoly, shouldn't the comparison be of the processors at their base clock speed and not overclock/underclock the processors to operate at the same frequency?

If the processors are similar enough, then I suppose comparing it via similar clock speeds is fine, but what I really want to know is maximum performance.

A maximally overclocked ryzen vs a maximally overclocked 7700k would be the best comparison I would think, and not similar clock speed comparisons.

God I hope AMD comes through for once.. please make the jews stop.

They have those, they're just not being sold yet. Because you know, paper launches usually don't go well, and they probably already have their hands full as it stands.

What the fuck is wrong with you retard, did you not even bother reading the op image?

I'm a fan of AMD, but this.
AMD will get a market in the builder's scene and a small gain in desktops, but nowhere else.

stock ryzen comes clocked lower than stock i7s.

The image shows the ryzen 7 going to 4.5ghz. The i7s can literally easily get into the 5.0+ ghz range.

If the maximum of the ryzen was 4.5ghz, then intel wins again because intel can be clocked higher and perform better.

Average Sup Forums user amirite. Calling people retard when you can't read

but that's not the 1700, which is actually slow

>The i7s can literally easily get into the 5.0+ ghz range.
No. Less than 10% of i7 7700ks will hit 5.1ghz stable on a water loop.

Lying kike faggot.

>comparing top tier overclocked ryzen to a shitty 7500

LOL

Another
Massive
Disappointment

confirmed for not even trying.

Sincerely, 5.0ghz 1.26v 7700K owner.

tends to happen when the TDP is so low

IPC =/= single thread performance

Yo son you do realize 5.1ghz with AVX load stability means 5.3 or 5.4ghz non-AVX load stability, right?

Also only poorfags don't have a water loop, you're not a poorfag are you?

AMD < INTEL

Hey, I can pull these out of my ass too! \:D/

IPC is performance PER CLOCK
if you clock higher, it will perform better, even as a single thread.
if you want to compare IPC, take two chips from the same arch and generation and they're going to be the same at a given clock speed.

pure conjecture coming from a clueless moron.

AMD is selling prebuilts right now. they've got massive SoC contracts right now. they've got Ryzen prebuilts lined up right now.

this information can be found within seconds. are you ignoring it deliberately, or do you just speak out of your ass in general?

no shit

Look, I'm not a shill or a fanboy, but this particular image is just outright bullshit. No other benches support this. This is a total fabrication.

yes, then why are you complaining about them using a 7500? it's the same design as the 7700K core for core

INCEL AND NOVIDEO ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES
>wired.com/2009/12/ftc-sues-intel-for-anti-competitive-practices/
>techreport.com/news/8547/does-intel-compiler-cripple-amd-performance
>agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#49
>pcworld.com/article/3086895/hardware/eu-court-has-intel-inside-appealing-14-billion-antitrust-fine.html
>anandtech.com/show/2443
>hothardware.com/news/new-nvidia-drivers-disable-physx-if-a-nonnvidia-gpu-is-detected
>xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20100119134616_AMD_Accuses_Nvidia_of_Disabling_Multi_Core_CPU_Support_in_PhysX_API.html
>hothardware.com/news/indepth-analysis-of-dx11-crysis-shows-highly-questionable-tessellation-usage
>cryengine.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=80565
>techpowerup.com/165707/tsmc-gives-nvidia-priority-for-28-nm-manufacturing
>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-06-10/ex-amd-workers-at-nvidia-lose-bid-to-end-secrets-lawsuit
>forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/05/26/why-watch-dogs-is-bad-news-for-amd-users-and-potentially-the-entire-pc-gaming-ecosystem/

7700k is priced $50 less han 1700X right now

this is an IPC comparison, not a vidya benchmark.

go back to Sup Forums and come back in 4 days, you'll have plenty of those to happily shitpost about.

Oh-oh! You made a mistake there buddy.

You used a fact while "arguing" with a retard, watch out next time...

I'm sorry but what is this about scaling? Meaning they just 'think' that's how the it would perform at that speed or did they actually overclock it?

>wasting your money on something retarded as """"water""""
>caring to have a 0.000000001 sec. speedup for your overclock
hf with your huge investment + monthly high electrical bills

yeah, were gonna need pics and timestamps for that i fnot feel free to jump into a oven kike lover

>They need to cover low, mid, and high range, plus server chips, and mobile chips, for OEMs to even CONSIDER using them.

They have zen based chips planed that will all be released before the year is up

>Incel
>Novideo
Go back to /r/ayymd.

>implying water cooling is any better than air cooling
Why aren't all the huge servers and data centers using water coolers exclusively, then? Oh right, because it's unreliable and requires a shit ton more maintenance to achieve literally the same. And that's without mentioning the higher upfront cost.

Waterloop faggots' state: Blown (kek) the fuck out.

Because we're not 100% sure how high Ryzen will overclock without liquid nitrogen. We don't have a few hundred water cooled numbers to average yet.

this cpu will only be good for some operations and benchmarks
games and more complicated crap will still be faster on a intel cpu
and that's pretty sad, i thought they would fix their shit after the really disappointing bulldozer

>200 OEM machines til the end of march 17 at launch
>what is Xbox and Playstation
Sure this is a zero.
Just wait for ZEN ARM rocking smartphones, if they work out intel will be digging their own grave since ATOM is a total failure.

But you are wrong.

he will take a picture of the screen since the PC will frozen at a single keystroke.

>image posted in a video where the CPU or even the stock cooler are not shown

Zen ARM is K12, and apparently Zen is so good at low power that K12 has been put in the back burner

Because they mostly use multithreaded 20 core cpus at 1.6ghz and shit doesnt go over 40°C with AC turned off.

data centers are designed around splitting the load up as much as possible, as well as running in warmer ambient air temperature than you would want your desktop to run it. also, servers have much better airflow through the entire case, you dont need/want water cooling in a server

water cooling as it exists in pcs is just a more complicated way to achieve air cooling

literally only for autists

that shit is faker than Pamela Anderson's tits

2 the OY 2 the VEY
youtube.com/watch?v=2Fy87gUVisQ&feature=youtu.be

Shalom.

this is fact

The CPU is not even a Ryzen, the LID look like a FX. He probably just made a dummy to make the video.

Will they be good to emulate my chinese video games?

youtube.com/watch?v=-HO6Ys3PPIw
I love this dork cannuck.

>yfw the used sales corner on the tech site you always visit is full of people trying to dump their kaby lake cpu's

i really hope i am
but to be honest i expected something like this when news about zen started to pop up

oh no muh 3 fps

i havent seen him be serious about anything in months. like maybe his home setup videos which were more "look how much money i have to waste" than practical. his multigamer 1 computer videos were pretty useless

that's the 7 1700, a fucking 3.0-3.7 ghz 8 core 16t cpu, up against a 4.5 ghz 7700k, what do you fucking expect

Why didnt he oc the 1700

he said he would in another video.

why don't they do the same comparison of a 6900k vs 7700k and see how the results fare

Wheres the source on this?

>comparing 3.4ghz 8core/16thread cpus to highly clocked 4core/8thread cpus
there's a reason why there little to no reviews covering these comparisons

it was on a video that was made private really fast youtube.com/watch?v=3mJIP0-1xDo
and here is a reupload youtube.com/watch?v=9Bwl0QndhS0

>at certain tasks that can be done faster because of additional cache
I'm a zen fanboy but common m8

But that wasn't the case with bulldozer my friend.

Oy goyim, pay twice to get 3 more FPS, your eyes see at 6 gorillion fps, 3 make a difference between stop motion and realistic fluid movement!

Stop quoting this goat fucker.

He claimed the 480 was as fast as a 980.

they should have learned their lessons with bulldozer

Of course you retarded shill, you would know that of you had a clue of how your OS manages the cache, ram and the HDD swap

Stop quoting this goat fucker. He's a confirmed liar who wants to generate clicks.

This shit is as legit as wccf.

a 4.2 base clock against a 3.4 base clock gets only 4fps avarage. Even worse, its a 95W cpu against a 65W

I really wish to know what kind of system he tested GTA V because how the fuck you can get this low fps in 1080p?

He's not wrong if he got one of AMD's golden chips.

youtu.be/zWASNajSdpg

He is wrong, if you have to include a qualifier after the fact it's a fucking lie.

at least they do show the motherboard and cpu

>putting "If you have to include a qualifier it's a lie" as a qualifier after "he is wrong"
So he's right.

Because he has to say it was a golden chip after hyping the average 480 could get that performance?

Or Because you are getting your nuts busted goat fucker?

I make 120k with coding c and I my war machine is powered by an 1st gen LGA1550 socket you little wankers muh cpu muh muh

And here's the good thing for AMD. The pre-built market is decreasing sharply for consumers, while the custom market is ever expanding. Just look at Nvidia having their best quarter, YET AGAIN. Desktop parts are well in demand, where as the average user is not buying desktops anymore because of mobile. OEM desktop deals are not as important anymore and will not be in the foreseeable future. Laptops still are though, so I will give you that. They need to start getting back in on the laptop/ultrabook market.

What AMD REALLY NEEDS to do though is get back into the server and business market. Which is possible but will be a steep climb. That exascale chip they have will be a nice step. But for right now, AMD is on the track to getting back big league into the custom desktop market. It was only a matter of time too, with the limits of silicon.

EBIN

windows 7

I know what it is, asshat. Spoiler: IRRELEVANT.

Less cache, no overclocking (AMD has it), pointless numbers in the real world.

AMD still ruined, son.

I'm sorry about you being a poorfag if a few hundred quid is a "massive investment" :D I pay around 30 euros a month for electricity, which is like nothing at all.

>hurr durr because I don't believe it it can't be true
Grow up. I work in one of the biggest PC chains of my country, 13 years of constant growth and profit. I get to cherry pick batches before they even hit the shelves. My L639Gxxx says hi ^_^

Please see picture attached.

>b-but muh cost
What are you, poor?

Water performs better, that's what counts.

Now, would you lot please calm down? AMD is doing great at the 8-core market when running cherry picked multithreaded CPU benches against stupidly overpriced (60% profit margin) Intel high end, this is good for prices at that sector, but if they can't even come CLOSE to Intel top dog single thread performance they just aren't relevent in any way at the biggest market: Average consumers.

I hate the Intel monopoly as an idea as much as anyone but jeez, it's not like AMD is ever really coming back or anything, those days are gone :/

>"With our overclocked 1800x sample,under Noctua cooler given by AMD, we have passed beyond the stock single thread performance of 7700k, in a specific bench, and the temps were great. We had no concern about temps during our run which passes the ST performance of 7700k."
>"Single thread score will be so great. According to this performance we can say that 7700K will be history, even for gaming, from now on"
>"Overclock is no problem at all. Though we can not say a certain frequency due to NDA, I can say that it is impressive. Overclockers will be happy."
>"With one click I can reach great OC's. So I won't really bother with the manual OC no more."

Intel is fucked.

The 1700X can reach what, 4.1ghz? Intel is a full 1000mhz ahead, so even if ryzen managed to match or exceed clock vs clock single thread performance (which they can't) they still couldn't win :(

What will something like the 1200x or 1400x clock to?

JUST

Hopefully better, for all our sakes, but from what I've seen so far I have no doubt they won't make it.

This seems to me like Bulldozer #2.

I even had a friend, who knows a high lever pro overclocker personally tell me Ryzen would hit MORE mhz on air than Kaby, the hype is surreal when normal sensible people spout shit like that.

The 3ghz base clock 1700 clocks to 4.2ghz. The 1700x and 1800x both have significantly better binning and could easily do 4.5ghz.

yeah?
Grow up. I work in one of the biggest security contracters of my country, 13 years of constant growth and profit. I get to cherry pick batches before they even hit the shelves. My Leopard 2A7+ says hi ^_^

It's like you weren't around before faildozer launch, there was no official hype around only damage control. AMD knew it was shit, motherboard manufacturers knew it was shit, reviewers predicted it would be shit. Fanboy hype is inevitable but doesn't amount to anything, especially reviewers now report very good results.

>JF-AMD
THAT FUCK

>that huge difference between low and high fps for the i7
that's not good...

K12 will probably be used as a backup if ARM servers actually take off

Will probably never see the light of day otherwise

>What are you, poor?
>You shouldn't care about the amount of money you spend if you aren't poor
what the fuck kind of logic is this, caring about amount of money spent and having a high income aren't exactly mutually exclusive, and beyond that, watercooling only performs better in the short term, eventually it heats up to the same temp an air cooler would and it stays there for longer as well because of it's higher specific heat capacity - so that other user is right, there's literally no point in spending money on watercooling for servers/data centers where the load would likely be near constant, temps would be exactly same
And regarding the second to last paragraph, you say that as if average consumers buy Intel for any reason other than mind share
Normies don't even know the difference between multi and single thread performance, there's a reason why having moar cores is such a huge marketing point for any processor, regardless of the fact that having more cores doesn't actually affect performance in the majority of things normies actually uses their computers for

it's also important to note that the ryzen chip is overclocked to full and the 7700k is not so as a real world test this is bullshit.

its a great comparison because of the price to performance.

It's not as bad as you think. Average is all that really matters in this case. Min and Max need to be taken in context. If the average is relatively the same between Ryzen and Intel chips, but Intel has higher mins and maxes, all it really means is that their outliers are not a very good representation of that particular set of data. Which is why we do average in the first place.

>memory over 16gb doesn't work above 2400mhz currently

great

>OEM desktop deals are not as important anymore

Go to your closest city's business district. Observe all of the glass towers. In every floor of those glass towers there are tens of desktop machines for workers. Each one probably has a support contract associated with it too.

OEM deals are important.

If Dell suddenly decided they're putting AMD in everything now, intel wouldn't die but they certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

>faster than the fasted

Did you just scan through my post and not actually fucking read it?
>The pre-built market is decreasing sharply for consumers
>for consumers
>What AMD REALLY NEEDS to do though is get back into the server and business market
>business market
What you quoted was me talking about the consumer desktop market. That aside, even though desktops for business are healthy, it is still shrinking as thin clients and virtualization shrink become more and more prevalent. You mentioned high-rise office buildings, but another big buyer of desktops are college campuses. And having worked in and deployed shit on a campus, I can tell you that the entire library was moved over to thin clients.

>implying that troll is even a 1/10 as good looking as the shitwrecker

>implying its not actually him

youtu.be/qyD_Q8RZh_M?t=5m56s