DVD Ripper

Anyone know of any good dvd rippers?

Other urls found in this thread:

andrews-corner.org/linux/index.html
handbrake.fr/,
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just use a pair of scissors ya dumb fuck.

for making copies

Any dvd

Is it 2002 again?

Thanks

Yes, you know what you have to do,

I use vobcopy to mirror the discs and Hanbrake to compress them. Handbrake can read from DVD directly and encode from there if you don't want a backup. MakeMKV can rip Blu-ray but thats an open can of worms.

Just film it with fraps :^)

>compress

are you dumb.. if you cant rip a DVD without compressing it then you are doing something wrong.

chinks make dvdfab. works fine.

yeah. dd. Or hell, even mount and cp.

If you are using a linux distro and you have the CSS libs installed then there are a several tools. But I don't know any that are super easy to use.

The most straightforward way would be to use your media-player to do a "stream dump". On mpv the option is "--stream-dump". On mplayer I think it is "-dumpstream". I'm sure VLC and other players have a similar option. This method will get you the VOB file.

Another method is to use an old tool called "Transcode" (tccat). It is CLI so it isn't casual friendly, but it works.

My guess is that the OP is looking for something simple that works for windows. But I wanted to post these suggestions for anyone curious about linux/cli options.

Here is a site I found *years* ago. It introduced me to a lot of CLI stuff that I thought was cool. Some of the software used and concepts listed are out of date. But it might be an interesting read if you are curious about the CLI.

andrews-corner.org/linux/index.html

> MakeMKV (free)

put DVD or Bluray in,
run makeMKV,
click the icon, wait to load,
select titles to rip (if it's a series use itunes' website to find the episode length and match it to the episode, since episodes aren't numerical on DVDs and blurays most of the time),
click "rip" button,
job done.

Are you retarded? I said I use vobcopy to mirror dvds. MPEG2 doesn't support chapter markers and can be quite large compared to MPEG4. That's where Handbrake comes in handy.

insert dvd, copy the video_ts folder.

sudo apt-get install handbreak

handbrake.fr/, nigga.

He said rip not encode. Also Handbrake doesn't support bluray.

cat file > /dev/dvd0

Yes, preferably any

Dvdshrink
Dvddecrypter

dvdbackup does nice 1-1 rips

Storing a DVD uncompressed in 2017 is just wasteful. Unless you're purposefully doing some kind of archive project.

Myy niggaaaa

makemkv + ffmpeg

>2017
>still no free software equivalent of makemkv

what is ffmpeg

this

A command line media transcoder that can't rip DVDs or blurays