anandtech.com/show/11232/intel-launches-xeon-e3-1200-v6-family
wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/
browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/2593799
browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/2596026
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dont fire me pls

I wonder if you can upgrade via software voucher

>12 cores
is this because AMD has higher ipc now? lol pathetic, hope intel collapses under its own weight soon, maybe buying a few more shitty startups for 50 billion each will help

>All Skylake-X chips will feature a rated TDP of 140W (with the possible exception of the 12-Core die)

>All chips will be marketed as the Core i7-7000 series processors and utilize the LGA 2066 socket.

>2066
>4 core kabylake
>same 16 pcie lanes, 4 CORES

who will buy it? I'd like to see that person.

>startups for 50 billion each

>1500$$$ (projected) price tag

>who will buy it? I'd like to see that person.

>The Kaby Lake PCH will have 24 PCIe 3.0 lanes, 8 SATA Gen3, 10 USB 3.0 ports and connected via 4 DMI 3.0 lanes to the processor. Intel LAN (Jacksonville PHY) will also be present on the chipset.

my bad, still no USB on CPU
AMD fucked southbridge hard

>"As you’ve heard me say, others predict the future. At Intel, we build it," Intel CEO Brian Krzanich wrote in a letter to employees.

after buying mobileye, you can't make this shit up

the goyim will unironically think this is a good deal because the 10c 6950X was $1700

crunchbase.com/organization/intel/acquisitions

spending all that money they have, would not be surprised if intel declared bankruptcy do to these shit decisions and this is just the surface of intels shit management over the last 5 years

>McAfee $7.68B in Cash
haha
I guess in 2010 it seemed like a good idea.

AMD doesn't have higher IPC though. Their IPC is almost at Intel's level, but Intel has higher clock speeds. Right now, Intel is best for single threaded performance, and merely OK in multi threaded. AMD is ok in single threaded performance, but crushes in multi threaded.

things that are less than 10% equal margin of error
IPC is not constant number you can apply
it's better in some cases, and worse in others but not by a HUGE margin

DELID DIS

not him, but of course they have higher clock speed when they have been using the same architecture for 4 years.

the jump from 6700K to 7700K is literally 3% performance increase because they use the same architecture. This is worse way than AMD's Rebrandeon 580

>when they have been using the same architecture for 11 years.
ftfy

>tfw people will expect this to clock to 5Ghz like Kaby can
ayy

>literally 3% performance
>3%
no its closer to 1%

>This is worse way than AMD's Rebrandeon 580
you do know even current pascal cards are still based on the G80 gpu that was used in the 8800 right? they'll never stop rebranding that card, it literally made nvidia what they are today.

the IPC is 0% or even negative depending on the workload, it's just a clockspeed increase

MOAR CORES

MOAR TDP

Intel have finally fulfilled the prophecy and become AMD.

>/Housefirelake-X/
PLEASE STOP

>current pascal cards are still based on the G80 gpu
I don't think so Tim.

Nice, Intel.

But you still got far to go

Zen HEDT CPU's are called Threadripper(good job marketing..)
Each CPU will include 64 PCI-E Lanes!
It includes 4 CCX's.
Lower SKU(Probably 12/24) 140W TDP, Higher SKU (Probably 16/32) 180W TDP.
Socket will be an SP3 LGA
Platform's name will probably be X399
Chips will be B2 revisions.
32MB L3 Cache
ES's are 3,3 or 3,4 Ghz base and 3,7 Ghz Boost
It is aimed for Retail SKU to have 3,6 Base/4 Ghz Boost
ES's that are in the wild have 2500 CB R15.
Infinity Fabric can have a bandwidth up to 100GB/s

you can be as delusional as you'd like, it doesn't change the fact.

next you're going to tell me pascal isn't literally a nodeshrink of a rebrand of a gimped fermi architecture

Intel will only be able to see these 6+ core CPUs if the price is reasonable.
There aren't many people who will drop $500+ for a 6 core

Pascal is still a 32 wide superscalar layout that was used in Fermi, but most of the frontend stuff from Fermi changed with Kepler.

To keep it short Kepler was Nvidia's last big architecture change.
But it wasn't a complete overhaul like Fermi was

>literally a nodeshrink of a rebrand of a gimped fermi
I honestly hope you are just pretending to retarded

If Nvidia doesn't change their architecture, then how do they manage to gimp their older architectures by encouraging game devs to design their games to run poorly on their older architectures?

Fuck. Should have waited.

kepler literally has all the disabled double precision cores still on the chip

gimping parallel compute

Your point? Kepler doesn't have hotclocks, which alone makes it a enormous change over Fermi

minor tweaks on an existing architecture don't make it a new architecture.

the canvas is still g80, meanwhile, for example GCN, was a completely new architecture over terascale

Best part is extreme edition cant be delided, permahousefire

>kepler
>big architectual change
no it wasn't, kepler was literally fermi with DP gutted

the last big arch changes for nvidia were the original Tesla arch and Maxwell

I'm no chip engineer, but is revising architectures every 18 months or so really that bad if we're still getting performance and power efficiency improvements? I don't care if Pascal is basically die shrunk Maxwell if it means the 1070 is as powerful as the 980ti for ~$400 and only needs one 8 pin power connector.

Why bother releasing a 12 core when the Ryzen 16 core will BTFO it so badly?

underappreciated

How many more years is Intel stuck with this decaying arch?

Should make for great entertainment

They will also probably have an 1850X(tentative) that's also 4 CCX, though 8c/16t like the 1700-1800X.
Same 3.6/4.1 clock speeds, but with the more PCIe lanes and L3 cache.

Soooooo they are not fine with reusing 2011 socket? 6950x is not compatible out of a sudden??

Geez, just mount a diy fire supression system inside your case.

Nah, I'm waiting for the next generation of Intel cpu's to hit and then I will jump on a used 6700k set with 3200 mhz ram.

Should be a nice upgrade from my 2600k with 1866 mz ram.

AMD POO'D THE FUCK OUT

>HEDT CPU faster than mainstream stuff in games
while demolishing in productivity

Finally, ABOUT FUCKING TIME
Faster IF speeds is all we've been waiting for

SHUT UP

THANK YOU BASED INTEL HOW CAN AMD 8 CORES EVEN COMPETE

By going up to 32 cores.

t. Soon to be a former corelet with a 3570k

higher ipc and not being housefires

Lmao

>Author: Agner Date: 2017-04-12 00:52
>The single-thread instructions per clock rate of Ryzen is higher than for any Intel processor, except for 256-bit vector code. I am testing the Ryzen right now and the test results are coming soon. Please be patient.

agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#829

If Agner Fog is saying so there must be some truth to it.

Difference in decoders, Ryzen has 4 complex ones, Intel has 1 complex + 3 simple.

This pic is a masterpiece.

Revising architectures is a good thing, since the first generation(s) can often be improved significantly with relatively minor R&D expenditure. It becomes questionable when the only improvements are more cores and higher clocks due to better manufacturing process rather than better architecture.

Intel's memelake is WAY past its best-by date, though.

I hate this smug Intel worshipper

le mudslime intel merchant

>One person try to de-hype that ryzen 5 video
Im sorry, wat ? Pay me bitch

>Mobileye is an Israeli technology company that develops vision-based advanced driver assistance systems providing warnings for collision prevention and mitigation.
>Israeli

1 5 b i l l i o n
b
i
l
l
i
o
n

Oyyy-vey.

Fuck that, what I want is a 7700k with a soldered ihs, 6 cores and no igpu.

I can't have it, because, jews.

That's called "ryzen 5 1600".

that will be $1200 goy

>/Housefirelake-X/
DELID THIS

It won't clock as high.

The brain-dead clock limited CCX interlink on Ryzens is a deal killer for me.

Maybe they will fix it with Ryzen 2...

How so?

Someone on youtube whined about it

Because limiting the CCX link freq to the memory controller freq is a design fail.

If they fix it, I'll buy.

Why do you even care about the internals of a CPU? Isn't it more important that it just works and gets shit done?

It's irrelevant, even for largely single threaded applications.
Stop shitposting, you ignorant child.

>still performs great
>wont buy because he doesnt like the internal design

>omnidirectional crossbar instead of ring bus is a design flaw
Back to Israel with you.

Oh man I wonder what you'd say if you looked at Intel's interconnect fabric

Stop pretending you have any idea how the average CPU works, you dumb Sup Forumstard. What you mean is "somebody said it was bad so I now parrot that opinion".

Server chips are soldered so the 6 core may hit higher clocks due to thermals

+200mhz and -8w at equal voltage
from 14nm to 14nm+

anandtech.com/show/11232/intel-launches-xeon-e3-1200-v6-family

You still need a waterloop to cool it down at 5 niggahurtz.

Only a small part of server chips are BGA, everything including Intel's own MCC and LCC dies are LGA
That also goes the same for AMD

Those tdp are pretty fucky. The ones with iGpu only consume 1 more watt? Bullshit. 15 watts minimum is what iGpu will consume.

>I have no idea what "TDP" means

b8

You're clueless what TDP means.

It means whatever the manufacturer wants you to believe

>Mega-Tasking

It's only about 25% advantage in single core. The next version of Zen will increase the IPC by 10% and that single threaded advantage will almost vanish ..

2020 at the earliest. Probably 2021. And their new arch breaks backwards compatibility so it might just end up being Itanic 2.0 wccftech.com/intel-developing-new-x86-uarch-succeed-core-generation/

You're going to wait until 2021 to upgrade your 2600K?

Fucking this, Intel has milked their current arch to death. There's nowhere to go but near useless die shrinks and higher TDP. Housefires are back, baby.

It's a bit offputting you know, but the results speak for themselves.

I don't like nvidias business practices either with Pascal literally being Maxwell on Steroids, but the results on their cards - again - speak for themselves. Who cares if it has some bullshit interlink. It is apparent that it still BTFOs Intel who use a monolithic design.

penitium on laptops were absolulty unsuable, ven with fans or external cooling 30 min of gaming was max.
I fuckikng rembere 2 of my rich freinds laptops

Everyone thought it was a dealbreaker and Ryzen's achilles heel at first, but then it turned out not to be such an issue. It was mostly shit motherboard BIOS and unpatched games causing the majority of issues.

>shit motherboard BIOS
this is OK

>unpatched games
see this is where I see an issue. Why do devs need to optimize their shit so that it runs on AMD's special snowflake architecture.
Why can't it just be an x86 CPU with x cores/threads and the Ryzen microcontroller or at worst the OS will take care of the rest of the scheduling?
Why do individual applications now need to worry on WHICH core they are putting stuff so they don't get limited by the CCX interlink?
This should be handled more transparently

>1850X with more PCIe lanes and L3 cache.

guaranteeably not habbening.

the entire purpose of Zen is a top-to-bottom platform based off 1 die, and Zeppelin is already limited to 32 IO lanes and 16MB L3:

Everyone go fucking home, Skylake-X has no IPC improvement
BWE-E @ 3.6
browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/2593799

Sky-X @3.7
browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/2596026

Lol

The crossbar will be clocked at full DDR4 rates on HEDT and Naples instead of half (so ~70-100 GB/s instead of 35-50 GB/s).

It's only at half rate for the low end parts to save power, but it needs to be cranked all the way up for parts with 4+ memory channels.

The only thing that improved are crypto scores due to fixed function hardware (like Ryzen has) while integer and FP scores remained the same

Oh wow

I honestly have no idea what a 4 core chip is supposed to do on a HEDT platform. Hell, aren't the Coffee Lake mainstream chips supposed to have 6C too?

>Skylake-X has no IPC improvement

Why were you expecting one? Intel's HEDT line has always just been an old architecture with more cores. It just happens to have caught up to the mainstream platform due to the fact that Intel are now spinning their wheels.