Other urls found in this thread:

geekhackdotorg/index.php?topic=88031.0
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blue cause clickity clackity

rubber dome

blue
I like it clicky

Any Cherry MX is pleb tier. Literally worse than decent rubber domes.

Cute

leave

quiet alps comes in at a close second

Go home user your drunk

Never typed on them before how do they compare to cherrys

Cream Alps

Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber

Feel like ruber domes, except for $300. Best investment you can make.

Rubber domes don't have as much of a tactile bump and Topre don't have to be bottomed out

Gateron Yellows.

I've only used blues, browns and clears and browns are complete garbage, the bump isn't as pronounced as on blues so I either ended up not pressing the key or holding down the key for too long which made my typing speed and accuracy tank. Right now I'm leaning a bit more towards blues than clears but slightly lighter clears would be my perfect switch.

Using blues right now, but I prefer the heavier feel of greens/blacks.

Topre

quiet alps (well, matias quiet) feel like much higher quality browns, if they weren't so much more difficult to buy over cherry I'd recommend them in a heartbeat (but I'm sure standard alps feel great too)

topre is a bit harder to describe so forgive me for attaching actuation graphs, but the best way I can describe it is that it's a cherry red/black switch with a resistance bump, it's an extremely smooth "switch" so I don't think it's comparable to cherry blue/brown(/alps et al) and there's certainly no extra resistance after the bump like you get on browns, but you don't have to bottom out, the actuation point is just on/after the bump; I've heard them compared to cherry clears but I've never tried those

of course, being a "rubber dome" keyboard it is stupidly quiet, far more quiet than the red/black keyboards I've tried at any rate

Topre feels like a mix between membrane and cherry mx red. My realforce has 40g springs and all letters have silencing o-rings.

buckling spring or topre

Reds for games and blues for typing and programming

Mess with the best, die like the rest. xoxo

Buckling springs or Topre. Cherry switches are fucking trash.

if you say so, I thought it was all about personal preference. til

>Unironic bluefags

This nig knows whats up

Nigger toprefags who should be gassed

Green masterrace.

tell me about being poor user
>foxandgrapes.jpeg

Decent switches:
Topre
Topre clones
Alps
Buckling spring

>Average switches
Cherry MX clones (smoother and cheaper)

>Poor tier
Rubber domes
Scissor switches
Apple butterfly switches

>I don't know what good mechanical switches feel like
Cherry MX

Buckling

Spring

i love my browns
though i'd also like to have a separate keyboard with blues for my other needs sadly where i work i canĀ“t use one with blues because
>muh loud clacking

>cherry is bad because its popular
>i only use obscure products and software
>because too smart of mainstream products and software

could you actually try next time? thanks.

cherry just updated the molds so the "MUH GATERADES ARE SMOOTHER" argument doesn't work any more.

geekhackdotorg/index.php?topic=88031.0

I have brown because blues are just down right distracting to me and i need some clack

topre or alps
everything else is garbage

I got a keyswitch tester yesterday and these are my opinions:
Linear (Red, Gray, Black): Boring and pointless unless you're a """pro gaymer""".
Blue: Pretty good but kinda loud
White: Not tactile enough, I can see someone liking this if they want a quieter blue.
Green: Not tactile as tactile as blues but nearly as loud.
Brown: I thought people calling this a dirty red was a meme, but they are right. You can barely feel the tactile bump, it just feels like a red.
Clear: Large tactile bump and not that loud. Overall best.

I want to get a topre switch to try out, but one of those alone costs as much as my keyswitch tester.

Cherry Blue is master race and anyone saying otherwise is a jealous peasant

>brown like your skin
>red for gayyyyming
>low quality knockoffs for low quality users

Only acceptable alternative is topre, but I prefer Cherry Blue

blue's make a girly noise, all keyboards with mx blue's should come with programming socks.

>girls make a clicking sound
sexbots aren't real women

>blues
>not superior greens

blues are for attention starved faggots

Why do you want your keyboard on your modern pc to click and clack like a typewriter from the 1940s?
Is there something I'm not getting about blues?

quickfire red cherry mxes here

I have brown switches, but I may get blue switches in the future.

gateron clears or gtfo

>tfw to smart for keyboards

>Buckling springs
>Buckling spring
All other posts disregarded.

MX Blacks = Win

Either Blue/Green or Red/Speeds

I don't prefer any sort of inbetween.

whatever pic related uses. comfy keyboard supreme.

O use brown at the moment, first mech. board, it feels nice. It's good but I think i'd go with Red next should I ever need a new board, probably would like a more instant push more.

I was using model m buckling spring keys for the longest time, finally had to buy a new keyboard and went with a WASD with greens.

Its fuckin great.

I regret buying an MX Blue keyboard. It's too loud for my taste. My next purchase will be a linear keyboard once this one dies (so never).

Cherry switches are for basic bitches. Alps simplified or Matias are better in every conceivable way. Metal leafs instead of cheap plastics for tactile feedback, and much more satisfying clicks then blues and greens could ever produce.

Topre and to a lesser extent 1st generation Romer G switches are the greatest switch ever conceived for touch typists.

Don't be a basic bitch.

You're entitled to have your opinion, as much as I'm entitled to laugh at you for having such an idiotic opinion.

Alps all day

reds, black and browns. Using one with reds now.

35g To(poor)re
>no need to mash keys to register
>no unrefined clack that a normal mech has
>muh queefing cup rubber

>he doesn't have good finger strength
lmaoing @ your life

>Cherry is bad because I'm a homosexual
Faggot tier

There's nothing remarkable about Cherry MX switches. They all feel pretty cheap and plasticky.

So what do you use then mr.?

I've owned tons of mechanical boards, and my go to is a Leopold fc660 with blues. I've used a hhkbp2, model m, and lots of others.

Brown, but I keep smashing them all the way through, pretty much killing all the "halfway point" meaning.

Brown is my preference in everything

@60022956
(You)

>started with Model M
>thrift shop alps black Dell
Both were good in their own ways.

I got a board with MX Blues and the difference was night and day though.

I havent tried other keys. Ive wanted to try out browns.
I dont give a shit about the click, I care about the tactile feel.

>
>Nigger toprefags who should be gassed

I mean I have a 60% green keyboard it's just nothing to write home about

it's a very effeminate light clicking sound and not just a dense thunk.

>I got a board with MX Blues and the difference was night and day though.

keep in mind that switches tend to lose some of their tactility after heavy use, if you were going from an already used black alps switch to a new blue switch the difference might be far more severe than if the alps were new

What the fuck is this shit?

>greens
>not superior browns

>pressing mushy shit

Because, autism damnit! CLICK CLACK CLACK! FUCK THE PEOPLE DOWNSTAIRS and in the other rooms!

blue with 0.2mm orings. next time i'll grab a unicomp

Cherries are trash, buckling springs all the way.

Blue. If it doesn't click I don't want it.

Blue or Green

I'm using 65g zealios right now. Very soft and buttery, much less gritty and stiff than cherry switches.

My favorites otherwise are topre and matias quiet clicks.