So this is the power of Ryzen

So this is the power of Ryzen

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_7_1800X/11.html
legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008
v8project.blogspot.ca/2017/04/retiring-octane.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OZcCqnE5mRw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=qswrFCb5sMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yuQu-y0GnPM
youtube.com/watch?v=ybF7r4rogHc
youtube.com/watch?v=11NfsMykyAk
pcpartpicker.com/list/Dqhh8K),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>BUT MOOOOOOOOOOM I NEED TO LOAD BLOATED JAVASCRIPT WEBSITES 0.25 SECONDS FASTER!

The power

Absolute power

So this is the power .. of shilling

Woah.

I would like to see this weighted by price.

inb4 throttlecore faggots try to diffuse regret with outdated benches

AMDs giant dildo is cucking all of the babbylake 'enthusiasts' out there

Why would anyone buy intel at this point?

>CPU benchmark with a GPU bottleneck
Why do people defend this?

who has one tab? try running sevral octane benchs at once

>CPU benchmark with a GPU bottleneck

bottlneck is when numbers do not change with change of hardware fyi
numbers obviously changed

>Single threaded Javascript benchmarks
>Game with engine that's a literal joke
>Game that's been patched already

You really aren't earning your keep here, shill. You only get 0.0000000000000001 shekel this time.

Outta the way, intel shills

so it's slightly faster than using an i5 sandy bridge at internet browsing. You can still easily use MS office, internet (normie shit) on a core 2 duo or phenom II.

>Day one benchmark
>Nvidia drivers cockblocking performance
>Not posting the actual review techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_7_1800X/11.html

You don't even get 0.0000000000000000000000000001 shekels for this one.

>TFW according to this benchmark my 5820K must be above the charts

A C2D is slower than a Phenom II. I'm using one up to this day for shitposting, the only difference I can feel are unpackers and installers. Unpacking the Nvidia driver takes seconds on my 5820K, but more than a minute on my Phenom.

Coffee Lake 6 cores 12 threads will CRUSH Rypoo soon

this

why do people never offer evidence for their dumb rhetoric?

Kek. Ryzen BTFO!

It'll crush your wallet and your electricity bill for sure.

>Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such ... Intel is a sponsor and member of the BenchmarkXPRT Development Community, and was the major developer of the XPRT family of benchmarks

Has anything ever caused as much butthurt in the history of Sup Forums as Ryzen? People have not stopped losing their minds over it.

Everyone would just prefer it if there was a single CPU manufacturer and it had no incentive to improve its tech or reduce prices. People just want their favorite corporation to win, just like Marvel vs. DC etc.

Holy shit, why isn't AMD bankrupt yet?

Oh lordy, why does AMD still have customers?

Almost matches fps at only twice the price. Well done AMD. Well done.

It's just retards and trolls posting intentionally cherry picked or misleading benchmarks.

>Stutterlake housefire edition enthusiasts will defend this

Holy shit, how will AMD recover?

On both sides desu famalam. Since Ryzen, intel shills claim more cores doesn't matter, and AMD fags claim IPC is dead and Kaby lake will literally burn down your house.

I don't care, I'm still running sandy bridge. I'll let this shake out over 2017. Nice to see intel has competition again and doesn't win literally every benchmark

Hmmm...

Why is OP posting day one benchmarks? Really makes you think...

moar shillmarks

>0.06 seconds
wew laddy

Where is the 7700k? What is this benchmark really showing? 3% of the time fps will drop below 60?

Damn. Intel is over

Are we wrong? Have we failed at standard benchmarks?

No! It's the benchmarks that are wrong!

Le ebin DAY ONE XD benchmarks maymay!!!

Fucking kill yourself. If your shit company can't make its hardware optimized on the first day of release, it clearly isn't good enough.

Those BIOS updates you claim will improve Ryzen's performance is literally akin to Intel's scratching cards for unlocking more performance.

Both companies suck shit. Intel isn't going to lower prices. Ryzen is AMD's one trick that will only get it the money it needs to pay its CEO a billion rupees so he doesn't poo all over AMD headquarters's loo.

and this with old agesa and non-patched games

>Those BIOS updates you claim will improve Ryzen's performance is literally akin to Intel's scratching cards for unlocking more performance.
Wow never thought I'd hear maximum bullshit until I read this line. Thanks user.

>optimizing a brand new platform is akin to intel scratch and sniffs

This post is so stupid it's making my head hurt.

>March 17th
Intel trolls really are desperate. Not even Caffeine Lake will save you from drowning in your tears.

>Intel shills
>more cores don't matter
Wait for 6/12 BabbyKake EX!

Make your fucking minds up shills.

7700K is off the charts. It's the time spent under 60 fps. Basically Intel is a stutterfest.

>goygle benchmark

AMDNigger here but fucking kek

What? Make sense please

Yeah, they should take a page from Intel's book and release a new platform that kills the $1000 CPUs you can purchase for it. legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008

>Jewggle
>NaziPooUp

Octane is basically only testing the performance of a single core, and it's designed to benchmark Chromebooks.

Not only that, but ... v8project.blogspot.ca/2017/04/retiring-octane.html

Wow, Ryzen really is the champion

>There are people on Sup Forums that care about video game benchmarks

You all buy bargain bin cards anyways 1060/1070 RX4xx series and it doesn't even matter your gpu is the bottle neck.

We don't all play FPS games where the GPU is the bottleneck. I play a lot of Starcraft 2 and IPC is the main bottleneck.

Most people tend to upgrade their GPUs more often than their CPUs because CPUs get like 5% better every generation while GPUs see much bigger improvements. Your GPU might be the bottleneck now, but in 3-4 years when we get what's after Volta and Vega? Who knows.

On todays show of cherry picking benches.

You can use paint no. Just fucking paste at least 3/4 of the bench from a site l.

Sit down Intel.

You're right. you're more likely to get a fancy new 1440p/4k monitor too which will make your gpu the bottle neck again. I'm saying people care way to fucking much. I see people with 7700ks and fucking 1060's and rx480s all the time.

> i5
Processor that's less than half the price beats the 1800x in half the benchmarks

Why are you ignoring the fact that the 1600x cost the same as the i5, yet they have very similar performances. But with Ryzen you get extra 2 cores and 4 threads

So does a 1600, which is $300 cheaper

1800X is only useful if you need the extra cores when you're not playing gaymen shit and don't want to overclock

Only in GPU-bottlenecked games

Yeah, so 99% of games.
eSports fags that need 600FPS on their 144Hz monitor on 800x600 are welcome to get a pentium

Wat. Only 2 bench from that list seems bottlenecked

I have a 1440p 165hz gsync monitor. 7700k pushes more frames in the majority of games, sometimes a LOT more (especially for older games like Starcraft 2).

You act like the 1080 GTX and 1080 GTX Ti aren't capable of kicking the living shit out of 1440p.

> leaving off the i7-7700k

EVERY. TIME.

>video gaymes
Every time.

As if 99% of people buying these aren't using them for bideo games

Guys... guys... as long as you buy the right mobo, ram, ssds that work with the chipset properly, tinker with the BIOS and voltage, and win the silicon lottery, Ryzen is bredy gud.

Guys, guys, as long as you delid, watercool, buy an expensive Z270 motherboard, tinker with the BIOS and voltage, and win the silicon lottery, i7-7700K is predy gud. (It's actually still shit.)

>Not even day one cherrypicked benchmarks
The shekelchasers aren't even trying anymore.

Gee, I wonder why the 1600 and 1600x aren't in any of these benchmarks? I wonder when these benchmarks were run? It's truly a mystery.

> delid
u fokin what?

> watercool
only if you want 5ghz

> expensive Z270 motherboard
at least Z270 motherboards work

> tinker with BIOS and voltage
The BIOS actually works and 7700k doesn't take 1.4V to OC.

> win the silicon lottery
7700k is guaranteed to OC at least 10%

> (it's actually still shit)
Do AMD fuckbois have to put ointment on their ass every day or is it a once a week thing?

>No graphs
>No charts
>No diagrams
>No links
>No embedded videos
>No evidence at all
Get in, shekelchaser.

Stutter simulation ? nah i rather lose few fps
youtube.com/watch?v=OZcCqnE5mRw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=qswrFCb5sMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yuQu-y0GnPM
youtube.com/watch?v=ybF7r4rogHc
youtube.com/watch?v=11NfsMykyAk

> GTA
> Black Desert Online (a literal who game)

EVERY. TIME.

Here's your reply.

to be fair, that engine is absolute shit and is limited to 2 cores, intel would be better for starcraft 2

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of the games I play have shit engines. I'd love to have bought an 1800x (I just ordered a new computer pcpartpicker.com/list/Dqhh8K), but until I stop playing these old games with shit engines, I'm stuck on 4 cores. Fortunately the 7700k is a damn fine processor (as is the 1800x). All this shitposting is funny but really just autists yelling at each other over small differences in real world usage.

you will get a higher resolution monitor that will bottleneck the system, you will also get games that decided to focus on pushing more graphic effects then wanting to hit higher fps because screenshots are viewable on the box, frame rate isn't.

I bought my 1700 looking at games of today, and seeing it plays them good enough was good enough to justify it over a 7700k.

but what about absolute max fps you ask? well... if I have shit run in the background, every % take off the cpu, will be % off the total fps, meanwhile on amd, every % off the cpu up to 50% is basicly free, or I limit the game to 4 cores and everything else to the other 4 cores and its like I have 2 cpus.

Headroom is nothing to joke about.

I bought my 1700 knowing every game I play now will play good enough on it, and future games may take advantage of it, may not, but I tend to load my computer, at least my old one, till it was sitting at 30-50% used idle, the headroom for me is more valuable than absolute max.

My i7-950 (a literal 6 year old processor that wasn't even top of the line then), running discord/youtube/50 tabs in the background, 10 3rd-party programs like dropbox, logitech, steam, etc.), the main bottleneck is memory, my CPU rarely exceeds 40% utilization while playing games at 1440p/165hz and running all that other shit.

I've even streamed from this machine with no issues. I dunno... literally the only thing my machine has trouble doing is handling lots of stuff going on while playing old games with crappy engines.

Someday I'll need the headroom over 4 cores but by then we'll be on Zen2 or Zen3. That's why I ended up going with 7700k.

>till it was sitting at 30-50% used idle
How much malware did you install? Jesus... What processor were you using. Please tell me it was old as shit.

My cpu was a phenom II 955 be, and I had constant shit running that would eat cpu, but yea, ram was more of a bottleneck for that, its why I got 32gb, sitting on 15gb use idle right now and don't even care, cant wait till the harddrive is done copying so I can put the computer through its paces in games as I can feel how shit my old computer was.

granted, with no gpu drive installed, I loaded up an 8k youtube video and played it, 30-40% use during... any amount of doubt I had in how big a jump this would be was out the fucking windows the second it played smooth.

The more ram you have the more is allocated and appears in use. You need a decent system monitoring utility to see whats legitimately in use vs just set aside. If you can get by with 8gb of DDR4 you can get like a fucking 4266mhz kit for the price of 16gb of 3000mhz. That said I use 16gb

tfw I don't even have the bandwidth to play a 4k YouTube video. They're installing fiber in my city but using turtles I think, it's been going on for years.

Average idle right now with 15 tabs open and playing Spotify is 4%. If I start watching an HD Twitch stream it jumps to about 20%. (on my 6-year-old proc).

That said... I can't fucking wait to get my 7700k. It's going to crush my i7-950 so hard it's not even funny. Grats on your 1700 btw.

The more RAM you have, the more that gets used... at least that's what I've read. Not speaking from personal experience (I'm rocking 6GB :( )

look at the 6800k/6850k

They are good, but are they double the price good?

Will intel sell the 6 core i7 at 250$

The biggest thing amd has over intel is the price they will sell these at. also in well threaded properly programmed applications amd pulls ahead of even a 6950 because of its branch predictor, but for average users, those are unicorn apps.

Also, amd has a lot of fairly low hanging fruit, its a bit hard to say amd will have nothing on coffee lake by the time that lake even comes out.

This was likely a review of a 1600x, so they put the i5's in there because its the price range, and they put the 1800x in there for perspective in the difference.

It depends on the OS. Some operating systems try to load as much into ram as they can so improve performance, some dont.

Jesus fucking Christ even Intel's best CPU is shit compared to Ryzen

there is an amount that is in use and needed for the program to function, there is ram that the program could use to function better but can be given up, and there is ram is needed no mater what and it will go to the page file if it gets kicked out of ram.

I leave a lot of heavy programs open, so lets say I load all my shit and it needs 10gb no questions asked, I then load, lets give a real example, shadow warrior 2, the game demands 7.5gb or it will become a stuttering mess if not just hang on one frame for over 20 seconds till you make some ram available. This was happening to me at 16gb, and I decided fuck it Ill get 32gb and then 64 when the ram issues are sorted out. see I want 64 so I can leave 24-48gb to the system and have fairly large ram cache drive, this will help a lot with some programs that will eat a ssd if you let them.

Thanks, and I should also mention, the gpu is likely decoding the video rather then the cpu, when I did the tests, my system had a 4850 in it, I was waiting on msi to send the 1060 to me (rma'ed a 280x, got a 1060 6gb back... but due to how long it fucking took for the rma, I cant say im happy, but definitely satisfied with the result) and I highly doubt that was offloading any of the processing power to it. so 4k was at most 10% of the cpu use, 8k barely went above 40%, now with the 1700 at stock that is pretty much all the processing power I could ever really ask for, so seeing that, I decided to hold off on the oc till the next major bios revision comes in may.

1080p, the gpu is now being offloaded to so no reall difference cpu wise
1440p pretty much the same
4k sees the cpu go up to around 8-10%, with the gpu hitting 30%
8k cpu is only up to 20% now, with the gpu still hitting 30-35%, got to love offloading processing to another component.

Looks like I was right when I thought a new gpu would help my old computer allot.

phenom II 955, chrome, and tabs auto updating, that would eat around 20%, then file processing eats another 10-20%

playing a video or something also would eat 10-30% and this is all what I consider my baseline.

Basically the intel cpu experiences a lot of stutters while running games/benchmarks but they don't show up in the data.

This explains why everyone talks about how "smooth" ryzen feels. Basically you get a more consistent experience.

I saw this and was completely sold on Ryzen. There is no reason to buy Intel for a 10% average difference in games when you can get so much better multitasking, application performance and even min framerates.

>I play a lot of Starcraft 2
woah, are you from the past?
first person I see to admit he is sitll playing that thing, are you korean by any chance?