/mpv/ - the Sup Forumsreatest media player

The default minimalist GUI has finally a volume and full screen icons.

Other urls found in this thread:

distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4
mpv.srsfckn.biz/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv.git
labdv.com/aacs/
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/992039/video-scheduler-internal-error/
tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sharp and anti-aliased neural upscalers when?
It's evident that ewa_lanczos or simsuperres look like shit!

>they finally admitted that it was a lack of features rather than a design choice
Absolutely pathetic.

>volume and full screen icons.
B L O A T
L
O
A
T

but seriously, on a 14 inch notebook with 1366x768 resolution, I really don't need to understand why people use configurations for this player, or do I?

>programmers in charge of design
Just fuck my shit up.

about fucking time, now i can finally replace mpc-hc

Oooh.

Too bad it probably won't ever get a right-click menu due to needing to cater to the cross-platform lowest common denominator.

>a volume and full screen icons
but why? isn't double clicking and using / and * better anyway?

no current neural network architecture produces results even close to being decent

right click menu caters for the lowest common denominator

I need to look into this, but a quick answer would be nice. What sort of APIs does mpv have in order to interface with other applications? I mean shit like getting information about playback out of mpv and being able to send it basic command such as play/pause/seek/change volume/etc.

I don't get it. What was wrong with 9 and 0 as controls? Can retards not remember that?

I really don't understand why not just use the mousewheel to change the volume and double-click to fullscreen, who the fuck uses a fullscreen icon?

>using the mouse at all
>like some tech illiterate mom
'f' for fullscreen, '9' and '0' for volume.

Mouse wheel seeks though

not if you rebind it

>tfw still using the 2016 christmas version because too lazy to check if any config options were made deprecated

profile=opengl-hq
opengl-pbo=yes # helps with performance

##################
# VIDEO
##################
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
dscale=mitchell
framedrop=vo
video-sync=display-resample
hwdec=off

##################
# AUDIO
##################
softvol=yes
softvol-max=150
volume=70

##################
# LANGUAGE
##################
slang=eng,en
alang=jpn,jp,ja,eng,en

##################
# SUBTITLES
##################
ass-style-override=force
ass-shaper=simple
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-text-font-size=49
sub-text-color="#FFFFFF"
sub-text-font="Noto Sans"
sub-text-border-size=3
sub-text-border-color="#262626"
ass-force-style=Kerning=yes

##################
# SCREENSHOTS
##################
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-template="%F_mpv-snapshot_%wM.%wS_%#02n"
screenshot-jpeg-quality=95

##################
# YOUTUBE
##################
ytdl=yes
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

Still?
That's like having backspace for back in 2017.

Why can Firefox, Chrome and Safari play this
distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming.net/video/mp4/bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4

flawlessly but mpv drops frames like crazy?
the native instead of 2160p version is even worse.

mouse wheel changes volume if you hover the volume icon

why does mpv fail to play any 60fps videos without massive frame drops even though CPU load never reached 100% ?

Works fine for me, are you using default settings? If you're using high settings on mpv it's going to be more intensive than playing it in your browser.

I'm using complete default settings.
It's probably an osx only problem.
Using hwdec decreases performance for me, too.
I can play the 2160p 30fps file just fine, but even below-HD 60fps files drop frames...

>mpv.srsfckn.biz/
>last build is 2 months ago
wew what happened to this guy

go on irc and call him a fag

Works flawlessly for me on Chrome

I don't really mind, but those other builds on sourceforge use the old OSC and I just started to love the new one

wouldn't it be just common sense to put that in your mpv.conf?

huh thought I did but now I see that it's missing. Guess that's fixed then

>reinstalled it because of this
>it doesn't have either icon
Great prank guys, you totally tricked me into thinking meme player Sup Forums had caught up to the current year in terms of user friendliness.

it only got merged like a day ago so you have to download a very recent build

Someone pls post the best config. I just want my chinktoons to look the way they were intended. My PC isn't that bad, mostly want to play 1080p stuff on a 1080p screen.

>freecucks actually have to copy and paste configs because their player can't apply changes live so they can't play around with the settings to find what's best

Pretty hilarious, I know.

Is it possible to have the CMD/powershell window on windows 10 respond to media keys while mpv is playing a youtube link?

Well the new build is on mpv.srsfckn.biz/ now.

Yeah, they need to admit that the slimbox layout is perfect and everything with GUI buttons for features that already have keybindings is just normie pandering.

Because you gpu is shit

profile=opengl-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

Literally all you need. This replaces the conservative defaults with settings that the devs recommend for high-powered machines. Even the mpv docs say "If your hardware can run it, this is probably what you should use by default." for ewa_lanczossharp. Most other settings are >opinions or placebo.

Literally retard

>retard fell for meme neural upscalers
lol

I've been using the same version since feb 2016. Well if it ain't broke, why fix it.

The only retards here are the ones who blindly copy-paste 50 line configs without understanding what they do. Start simple and ideally keep your config as simple as possible. mpv's defaults are better than most of the huge configs that people post here.

mpv-progressbar

hey faggits, I asked on irc but people are sleeping. Does delay on filename works? as in DELAY=-2500 or some shit like that, thanks. I have to send sme subs to a friend and need to delay them and don't want to use any program for subtitle edition

>use of igv's adaptive-antiringing.glsl gives me completely static sapphire screen
>his SSimSuperRes.glsl has not dealt with the "[vo/opengl] Variable NATIVE_CROPPED not found in RPN expression!" bug
>forced to fallback to use mpv's internal antiringing mechanism
What good alternative glsl shaders can I use Sup Forums?

why do you feggots shill mpv? its dupster trash.

Which one's which?

hey hey! anyone knows how to do this? can mpv even do it?

literally looks the same as mpc-hc with madvr codec pack shit LMAO

Look at the picture filename!

Stop using ancient mpv version

Flat greyed pictures are not good patterns to test upscalers AND you fucking know it so WHY?

Why the latest build from mpv.srsfckn.biz/ have this dll files??

It's the retarded way do to things on windows.

There is no difference with good quality HD patterns (even 480p patterns, under microscope only maybe).

lol

what are you playing on mpchc? a cam version of your flacid willie?

DELET THAT

lol

Yeah, just thank you for your tip. But still:
>use Fedora and RPMFusion repo
>only Updates repos are enabled
>check both Fedora 26 and Rawhide repo and just find that both the latest mpd and mpv rpm packages are there
>mfw realizing RPMFusion doesn't bother releasing up-to-date packages to latest stable Fedora version ASAP
Shall I just download the packages directly from the reposite or shall I enable the whole Rawhide repo?

>video-sync=display-resample
When I use this I get some "mistimed" and "delayed" frames with stats.lua
Not a lot but still, is this a normal behavior or my hardware is not good enough?

>let me post a screenshot of running mpv on windows pre-compiled for me with random file playing

you should be a professional benchmarker

Ikr!

>to cater to the cross-platform lowest common denominator.
windows users? right click is common on windows.
elaborate

sudo dnf builddep mpv
git clone github.com/mpv-player/mpv.git
./waf configure
sudo ./waf install

enjoy your "no vpx support"

ffmpeg version 3.2.4 Copyright (c) 2000-2017 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 7 (GCC)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --datadir=/usr/share/ffmpeg --docdir=/usr/share/doc/ffmpeg --incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg --libdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --arch=x86_64 --optflags='-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic' --extra-ldflags='-Wl,-z,relro -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-ld ' --extra-cflags='-I/usr/include/nvenc ' --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-version3 --enable-bzlib --disable-crystalhd --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gcrypt --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcdio --enable-indev=jack --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-nvenc --enable-openal --enable-opencl --enable-opengl --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libv4l2 --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-x11grab --enable-avfilter --enable-avresample --enable-postproc --enable-pthreads --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --disable-debug --disable-stripping --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --enable-libmfx --enable-runtime-cpudetect

?

Don't play your videos with stats.lua enabled. That's all! To see if there are mistimed frame, run mpv from cmd with:
mpv.com "Your\Video\File\Path"

what does the acronym mpv stand for?

MemePlayerVideo

I can see dropped frames counter, frame was dropped when the video started playing
Here's the full line:
(Paused) AV: 00:01:34 / 00:24:57 (6%) A-V: -0.015 DS: 2.460/3 Dropped: 1
But what about mistimed/delayed frames? Is that what DS is showing?

I was getting obvious and severe framedrops and lag with that in my config. Commented out, everything ran fine.

Tried using this to check it out and mpv kept crashing when I tried to play something.

Anyone on Windows 10 CU getting BSODs from using mpv recently? Tried both the lachsh0r and shinichiro builds, multiple versions of each.

On a 2014 Lenovo y50 with 860M and i7 4710HQ, the specific BSOD is "VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR". I've tried numerous things like rolling back GPU drivers etc to no effect.

Having to fall back on mpc-hc for now.

They're libraries for playing commercial Blu-rays. Any version of mpv will load them if they're present, but starting in 0.25.0, they're bundled in the .7z for convenience.

To actually play commercial Blu-rays, you need a KEYDB.cfg too: labdv.com/aacs/

Can MPV display multiple subtitles at once? For example English + Japanese tracks.
I can't see any framedrops or slowdowns with this in my config. Stats.lua says otherwise but then again, it's like 30 frames of slow/dropped frames per 25 minute episode.
Try hwdec=no? I don't remember which mpv build I use but it has updater.bat for updates, no crashes or BSODs here.

Try opening issue on mpv tracker

>hwdec=no
I already use this

>updater.bat
Pretty sure those are the shinichiro builds hosted on sourceforge

I thought I might have to, figured I'd ask around before bothering poking devs

That's his gpu/drivers problem. not mpv

Thanks man

Which backend you used? angle or dxinterop?

Used to use dxinterop but was giving me some really bad issues with dropped frames

Currently using whatever backend mpv defaults to if not specified
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:blend-subtitles
hwdec=no

How do I hide this shit?

display-sync makes mpv present a new frame on every display refresh, rather than on every new video frame. This is slightly more GPU intensive, but it allows mpv to sync to the video clock and provide perfect 3:2 cadence (or frame interpolation if you have it enabled.) It reports a "mistimed" frame if a video frame hits a different display refresh than the one mpv was aiming for. Most systems get one or two mistimed frames when mpv starts up, but if the number is constantly increasing, it means your GPU isn't fast enough to hit the right vsyncs, so you should probably turn display-sync off.

Yep. The format is DS: /

This config is outdated.

Figures, I've had it for quite a while. I did a set it and forget it ages ago. What exactly should I be changing?

Oh, and I forgot to mention: If display-sync is performing badly for you and you have Nvidia drivers (Windows or Linux,) try disabling power management. In Windows you can do this by setting "Power management mode" to "Prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia control panel

Well that's concerning. I'm running the Creator's Update on an NVIDIA desktop PC and I haven't seen that. Try --angle-flip=no

>Used to use dxinterop but was giving me some really bad issues with dropped frames
If dxinterop is causing performance issues and ANGLE (the default backend) isn't, disabling power management might help. See Though I guess that's not ideal for a laptop. You could probably make the setting specific to mpv.exe.

Yeah, BSODs are strictly a driver/kernel problem. Userland programs should not be able to trigger them. Still, it's not a bad idea to report it on mpv's issue tracker. GPU vendors never fix their shit, but maybe someone on the issue tracker knows a workaround.

I think he's referring to the opengl suboptions. These have been deprecated by global options and profiles, so a modern version of your config would be:
profile=opengl-hq
interpolation
blend-subtitles
hwdec=no

It's nice to not have to put all the opengl options on the same line.

Officially, it doesn't stand for anything. It's just an unused three-letter program name that sounds vaguely unixy and multimedia-related.

Unofficially, it stands for whetever you want:
mpv plays video
meme player [for] virgins
etc.

Thanks guys I've made the changes.

I'll try this out later and see if they resolve the issue, since I'm working on something right now and would really hate for my computer to BSOD on me at the moment.

Maybe your computer not being powerful enough?

Workarounds are on google
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/992039/video-scheduler-internal-error/
tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Not OP, but should I remove anything from my config? I'm thinking the first line is not necessary with profile=opengl-hq but anything else? Or maybe add something else?
lvo=opengl
profile=opengl-hq
hwdec=no
opengl-backend=dxinterop
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
interpolation=yes
tscale=oversample
sigmoid-slope=10.0
opengl-fbo-format=rgba16f
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl,~~/shaders/ssimsuperres.glsl"

Mac has one button. Linux users don't know what a mouse is and clumsily fumble around with keyboard commands. The right-click is a proprietary interface of enlightened, professional OS design.
Since mpv caters to Mac and Linux users, right click menus probably won't be implemented.

I guess you could remove vo=opengl and hwdec=no, since they're the default. Technically, profile=opengl-hq isn't redundant with vo=opengl because it just sets some opengl options, not vo=opengl itself. You can see which options it sets by running mpv --show-profile=opengl-hq