NEWPIPE 0.9.3 is out and it supports 1080p, 2K and 4K!!!!!

>2017
>using the official Youtube botnet instead of the open source, audio-playing, downloading and Google Play-less Newpipe.

New

>Support for 1080p, 2k and 4k

Improved

>Improve player in general
>Implement ExoPlayer in background player
>Now all the players request audio focus (if other player (video, music) is playing, it'll be paused)
>Pause players on headphone unplugged
>Improve notification layouts
>Remove ugly bitmap sharing
>Now it is just using the ImageLoader to load the image (we already have cache enabled)
>Audio format now chooses the higher bitrate available for the preferred format

Issues fixed/resolved

>Closes #139, closes #158, closes #163, closes #164, closes #275 and closes #505
>Temporary fix/adjustment for #503

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.9.3

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/pull/502
ogmods.net/en/ogyoutube
onlinevideoconverter.com/
labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.kapp.youtube.final
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BOTNET
O
T
N
E
T

Also there is a pull request to add subscriptions..

This. Never trust free and open source. If it's not a botnet now, it will be, since there's literally no profit motive to staying honest.

Can't play in background in latest version anymore.

If you add !!! more exclamation ! marks!!!! i might consider checking !!!!!!!! it out!!!!!!

App is useless without this.

How the hell do I install this now?

F-Droid

Thx man

you can for audio only but it doesnt work with video anymore
I dont understand why it was removed

>newest version isnt on f-droid
do they release the apk anywhere else?

^

>Support for 1080p, 2k and 4k
>4k
Is there even a shitdroid phone that can play 4k?

Works great.
Clover is great as well

*Forgot pic*

>Can't play in background in latest version anymore.

It plays when I turn the screen off

It hasn't been updated on f-droid yet

That picture in picture thing is so fucking useful. And it even keeps playing when the screen is turned off.

It's still shit and OGYouTube and Online Video Converter are both objectively better than that heap of shit any day.

ogmods.net/en/ogyoutube
onlinevideoconverter.com/

And no, I did not bother with reading their shitty changelog for their pitiless excuse of a shit smartphone application.

Yes

Me, as the idiot I am, used YT Gaymen for popout video, even there it got removed in an update

Now I can see RMS's face no matter where I am

Fuck off with your botnet shit.

I could say the same for you and your poorly skinned YouTube clone.

>implying I shill for some shitty botnet app
Fuck off, reddit.

>>Now all the players request audio focus (if other player (video, music) is playing, it'll be paused)
Fuck, can you at least disable that?

It's definitely useful for really long videos where the audio is more important than the video. And you can still scrub to the important parts if you want.

I don't even use the official Youtube app anymore.

Why doesn't the dev spend a minute to compile the code instead of wasting other people's lives?

Wait a minute...

Compile it yourself, user.

>you can for audio only but it doesnt work with video anymore

It works if you use PictureInPicture. Not perfect, but it works.

I think 0.9.3 might bring back background play in fullscreen, though.

Name a single reason i should use this instead of the YouTUbe App

Go away, dude. Nobody needs to sell you.

Why go through the effort of making an app that has no use, other than being an "alternative"?

Again. Not selling you. Fuck off.

That's what loonix is all together

>i'm not selling you
>all i want is attention for my app, which serves no purpose

That's the problem. Why should 20+ people waste their time with this when a single person could do it in less than a minute?

I'll give you 4 reasons,
>No ads.
>Lets you download the video or audio.
>Lets you use an external player.
>Lets you use it with kodi.

Because that's the linux way user, you don't know?

Nice, now someone that wants to spend a minute of their time.

I'll try it, have been using YubeMate to download videos and watch during my commute, thanks.

big if true

stop shilling this bag of shit

"alt-tabbing" to any other app so that this one goes into the background makes your video playback start from scratch including seeking and buffering

fucking amateur junk

stop making this shit thread, if you use NewPipe you probably got it from F-Droid and it tells you about updates regularly. Fuck off.

This is about converting people to Newpipe and discussing the latest changes. Now fuck off.

OG Youtube has the sketchiest fucking site on earth and is closed source. The site like something a panjeet would whip up to try and make a quick buck autogenerating a blog.

Does it support streaming via youtube? That's what made me drop Skytube

Yeah? That's the whole point of every Youtube app.

>Never trust free and open source

I've always wondered about this myself. I have my ideas about what FOSS means. I'm sure everyone has their own idea what it means. But what is it, really? OK, so the software is free to copy and modify and it's source code is not encrypted. Fine. But does that mean it isn't a botnet? Does anyone really audit open source software? The trend in nearly all software for the last ten years has been for it to gather as much telemetry as it can and transmit that data back home so that it can be monetized. Many FOSS do just that.

It is time for a new definition, a new standard. I am looking for free and open source software developers who advertise that their software does not and will never employ telemetry to gather any data from the user without providing the user the means to view precisely what telemetry is being sent and when, and the means to easily and completely turn off all telemetry at any moment. The FOSS developer who stops acting like the fascist tech giants and actually shows respect to the end users' expectation of internet anonymity will be the developer I wholeheartedly support.

No, by streaming I mean the live videos on youtube, not the regular ones. Youtube seems to use a completely different setup for those, they even break some greasemonkey scripts on desktop. Which is why I was wondering if Newpipe can handle them. Skytube claims they're not valid videos.

NewPipe doesn't support subscriptions, and I'm subscribed to a fair amount of people on YouTube.

Oh. No. But live support is in the roadmap.

You do realize as long as you trust the source code provided to you, you can just compile it yourself with the right tools, right?

It'd be nice if this worked on PCs too. I've been having troubles getting video acceleration working for Youtube.

Would be nice if F-Droid actually let me download the new update. 0.9.2 is the newest available version for me

buy a new PC you poorfuck

or use mpv + youtube-dl

No subs or recomendatins, it's shit. go shill somewhere else

F-Droid unfortunately takes 3-4 days to get a new update from github

I have a new pc, just planning to use an old one with a projector.

Some sony's have 4K screens, but they spend most of the time at 1080p.

Next time with source code you should also release the apk

fdroid is slow as fuck and instead of trying to resolve this problem they are spending time about a new design for the app

Alright, makes sense

F-droid has outdated binaries, they dont release their own on github and shit wont even compile.
Fucking garbage.

Subs has been requested. Obviously there's no recommendations as you need google botner tier logging of your activites to give you good suggestions.
>t. using newpipe since yesterday
..because I saw the new requirements the YT app wanted in the latest version

Speaking of Android, does anyone here use no (((gapps)))? My battery life greatly improved when I switched to a ROM with no play services. The only real disadvantage for me is hangouts doesn't work. I can watch YouTube just fine with newpipe, still download apps with yalp store, and I've escaped the google botnet.

Use an RSS feed and import your subscriptions list. Works quite well and seamlessly once you get it set up

Can this play YouTube videos while the display is off? I want to listen to music on youtube without killing my battery

yes, you should start reading through threads nigguh.

So how the fuck do I make this compile? The github even says it doesn't currently compile

h264ify

You can always use microg

>Can this play YouTube videos while the display is off? I want to listen to music on youtube without killing my battery

If you want music only, use this instead.

labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.kapp.youtube.final

Use both. They are both useful.

Sorry that was the end of my break, although true Sup Forums lurkers won't ever experience that.

I-i-it's 4:30 in the morning here, just what are you imblying user :-----D

>no 60fps

60fps is a meme. 99% of Sup Forums users just want to watch videos without the Youtube botnet weighing them down and Newpipe is slowly but surely becoming the best way to use Youtube.

Offers features that are not free on the original Youtube app and actually does it better than most of the competition.

He already revamped the site's layout and design

>but we didn't wanted this feature anyway!
That's why no one with sense would download that shit.

Wew, every link gives me 404

>wjat are the essential freedoms

I'll just stick with my phone's stock browser.
>can skip ads
>can play videos with screen off
>can play videos in the background
All I really need.

Lol Newpipe has no ads in the first place, plays videos with screen off and in the background. And more.

Nice try though.

>Lol Newpipe has no ads in the first place, plays videos with screen off and in the background
Again, my browser already does all that.
>And more
Useless bloat, just like the app itself.

Ok then. Enjoy skipping ads. Lol.

Oh no, it takes a whole whole half a second longer to play videos, something I rarely do on my cellphone. Totally worth getting a dedicated app.
Enjoy typing like a twelve year old girl.

Lol then why are you here?

Lol to point out that my phone's stock browser already does everything worthwhile in this app.

lol but it doesnt

lol but for me it does

Who gives a shit about recommendations? Anyway, you have skytube for those 2.

When will there be a Seekbar for audio-only?

There is a lot of shit on jewtube I just want to litsen and have the screen off but no client offers a fucking seekbar.

Sup Forumstards complained about 1080/4k
Now that it got implemented they meme about 60fps. Fuck off. What's next after 60fps and subs get implemented?

Playlists

Your entire phone is a botnet faggot

does newpipe still not allow searching for channels/playlists?

If you read the code and it seems fine, what's wrong? Also, F-droid supports previous version downloading, so if you don't trust these Jewish 4K video formats, you can just play with version 0.1

I installed it and the first vidya I clicked on made the app crash. Worked ok after that. Is it still a little buggy?

Channels, yes, playlists, no. Downloading playlists would be the final nail.

>what is ymusic