/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Grado-Mini-Adaptor/dp/B001DK1ZVO/
hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-gold-plated-jack-adapter-3-5mm-screw-on-to-6-35mm-for-models-hd415-hd-435-hd-205.html
innerfidelity.com/images/JDSLabsO2ACPowered.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

:(

are these decent street headphones? Also, do they have a warm or u-shaped sound signature? Some reviews say that tey are one or the other, and I cant find a consensus on them

You may have crossed the lewd threshold with this OP.

For me, it's the Sennheiser HD600. The best headphone.

audiophiles: $2000 headphone listening setup with amazingly stupid snake oil shit like tubes, talking how they "hear that analog warmth" from their FLACs

audio professionals in the past 15 years: using speakers for final mastering/mixing, using cheap

This adapter I use to connect my headphones to things keeps breaking. Does everyone else just put up with it since they're so cheap to replace? I feel like I go through enough of them that I may as well just buy some sort of amp. Or is there some sort of diamond coated gold infused super adapter that doesn't break that everyone uses that I'm not aware of?

Post the most uncomfortable headphones you've ever worn.

> that pic

amazon.com/Grado-Mini-Adaptor/dp/B001DK1ZVO/

Thank me later :^)

Lets not start gay arguments with akg owners please.

Listened for a few days and decided to return these. On the plus side, they do sound better than my Bose noise cancelling headphones, but that's probably not saying much. I'm disappointed by:

1) Comfort - They are too tight and squeeze your head (not adjustable)
2) Bass - I understand these are supposed to be accurate without having more bass than was intended in the music, but when you listen to something called Bass Cannon and still hear almost no bass there's a problem.
3) Appearance - They look like $30 gaming headphones, no style at all

I can get this for 50 bux. Any good?

looking to replace my little desktop amplifier that isn't very powerful, it's more like a portable one

just get an usb interface and avoid the cable clusterfuck

This piece of dogshit right here.

Specifically the 7-bump version.

I hate the bumps, but the headphones are pretty /comfy/ without them.

Should be good if the headphone stuff is hooked up to the real amp in the thing and not a fifty cent separate headphone amp board that some of those receivers have. If your motherboard has SPDIF, you don't even need anything fancy to hook it up, just an rca cable.

Heads up to gaymers
>Any headset = shit audio
>Modmic = $50, shit audio, limits your headphone options
>BM800 + Phantom Power + Arm = $30-$40, much cleaner and crisper audio good enough for amateur radio or Sup Forums the musical; can use with any setup as long as you have a desk or table

>too tight and squeeze your head
post silhouette or head dimensions
just how thicc are you?

Don't buy that thing the other guy suggested.

hifiheadphones.co.uk/sennheiser-gold-plated-jack-adapter-3-5mm-screw-on-to-6-35mm-for-models-hd415-hd-435-hd-205.html

Highly rated of course..... that's why I bought these. After spending hours checking on good open back headphones. My thought is that they just don't offer the correct response of the bass. And bear in mind, I didn't want headphones that overdo or color the bass signal although these I think just do not offer the real response.

You're a fucking retard. Read both of their posts again.

>not getting a tiny table stand and a small xlr mic and just putting it behind keyboard

enjoy having shit infront of your face and in the way constantly

Agreed on the bass, though an eq does wonders for bass heavy music. In terms of comfort, you can bend the headband by the metal and make them comfortable in fucking seconds. Appearance is a matter of taste, you can think that they look like shit, but they do't look anything like gamer headphones.

>not EQ your 5$ wall mart to sound like orpheus
u beamy my jimmy dude bro

Enough people felt the same way you do that they created the HD650. So it's not like it's an uncommon observation.

Im certain those receivers all have optical, so he wouldnt even need an RCA cable. If he doesnt have optical out on his mobo I'd recommend Behringer UCA202 for it's optical out and DAC

Remember, you're not allowed to have an opinion on anything unless you have a $20,000 measurement rig and the measurements to back it up.

Also, definitely buy HD800s for comfort and then EQ them to sound like $10 walmart shitphones

First time on this board. I'm looking for wireless over-ear headphones with active noise cancelling and decent battery life. Looking to spend around $200.

Would be nice if I could still use them when the battery dies. I don't care if they have a mic or not because it'll be shit anyways.

I use the Logitec G230 at home and I like they way they sit on my head and engulf my ears, the sound is ok.

Are the over-ear pads supposed to press on your ear or completely go around them?
I don't have a headphone yet by the way.

>definitely buy HD800s for comfort and then EQ them to sound like $10 walmart shitphones

replace hd800s with literally anything else and this sentence sums up this general every time

Get out.

Id do this if my monitor wasnt already elevated, a boom is all that would work for me

If you love these, you love them. I didn't. I found them uncomfortable due to the narrow edge of the ear cushions pushing into my head. They should take a lesson from AKG and Beyerdynamic for comfort. Also, headphone technology has moved on from this model.

yeah you could buy $10 walmart shitphones and EQ them to sound like $10 walmart shitphones but that means you'd get a little sweaty after 16 hours sitting in front of your computer listening to nigger rap while eating hot pockets and cheetos

>wireless

get the Sony MDR100ABN used on Amazon. If you want to buy new, get the plantronics backbeat pro 2

>bought a Soundpal ST16 september last year because I move around too much for regular ear/headphones
>bretty gud for all the time I used it
>last friday
>heading to bus stop after college, try to turn it on
>it doesn't
>shit, maybe the battery's up
>get home, connect it to charge
>light for full battery
>wut
>try turning it on again
>it still doesn't

Well shit, looks like the main button died, thanks Obama. Still, 7 months is a lot longer that I thought it would last.

Leave; this general is dying anyway.

Sennheiser HD 4.50

19 hour battery life.

who the fuck listens to music like that

Good, this general is full of cancerous autismposters who sperg out over measurements of shit sounding headphones.

uhh rude that's a picture of me

are you shit talking me faggot?
my $3000 tube amp/dac setup is superior to everyone elses in this thread, because after spending so much money i proceed to literally make it useless after ruining the sound with some software EQ

Delete this.

You're just jealous because you don't know how to :)

Nice underwater headphones.

yea nigga i'm shit talking you i bought the orpheuses and then installed gentoo and set my pulseaudio output to 2 bit 1024hz after compressing all my .mp3 into 64 kbps because i can no longer afford food after buying the orpheus

yeah i bet you unironically believe flac is superior to wav too

best desktop amplifier for $200?

>Also, headphone technology has moved on from this model.
Huehuehue.

probably warm so you would be more safe using m40x

nah senpai alac is the best after getting your ass reamed by your gay bf

Objective2.

isn't that a meme?

Schiit is a meme, literally the apple of headphones

no
innerfidelity.com/images/JDSLabsO2ACPowered.pdf

>2017
>nigger spent $4000 on his "hi-fi ""audiophile""" setup
>doesn't even listen to the raw pro tools project file inside pro tools in 32 bit 192khz

you're all fucking retarded

>listening to EDM on headphones

These are uncomfortable. Straight out of the box these things squeezed my head like I owed them money. Two weeks later - after having a yoga block wear them overnight - the clamping force has gone down a *bit*, but the ear pads are still digging into my head. The upper cheek bone near my ear canal aches as I write this, but is tolerable in comparison to the headband on these headphones. These don't have a $400, $300 or even $100 (the Beyerdynamics are $100-$150) headband. The headband is so poor that if I actually first handled these in person I wouldn't have made the purchase. It's so bad that when they showed up I had to double check Amazon and Sennheiser's website for photos to verify that I wasn't holding some bootleg cans. The cheap, plastic headband employs just four thin, tiny bits of foam to rest on the head. Not even memory foam or some other kind of gentle but responsive material, just thin little strips of generic foam wrapped in polyester that, even after just 15 minutes, dig into the top of my head like a noogie that won't stop. These are uncomfortable to wear for any reasonable amount of time, and downright painful after a short while. I can't imagine how bad it gets when the foam wears out. Really disappointing.

>listening to music on headphones

Yeah I'm sure it works better than the cheap adapters but unfortunately I live in a 3rd world country so I still think I'd be better off spending a bit more and getting an amp.

Around

>white faggot spent $2000 or headphones and accessories that do literally nothing
>proceeds to listen to music made entirely digitally where the artist(s) used mp3 samples and entire project was made and rendered in 16 bit 41khz wav and it wasn't even professionally mastered or mixed
>listens to "FLAC" version of it and says how great his setup is and how he can hear all the details and amazing instrument separation or some other retarded bullshit

i want to kill myself every time

This doesn't look like it would go around your ear.

flac doesn't degrade like mp3 though so it should just be used no matter what

except flac only saves barely any space and none at all when the retards (90% of it) that convert it upscale it for literal zero benefit

They don't like they'd go on your ear either :-/

30 years old

Wow. The o2 is harsh sounding whereas the fulla 2 sounds just as detailed but nicer, and the bass is more prominent.

>tfw you just want chinkmemes but just shows the headphone threads!

Anyway, I own a FiiO mini amp, FiiO mini Dac and a FiiO X1!

Are FiiO IEMs / headphones worth it?

>Buying AKG headphones for bass
Retards

>Wow. The o2 is harsh sounding whereas the fulla 2 sounds just as detailed but nicer, and the bass is more prominent.

Man I knew /hpg/ was bad but I didn't know it was this bad...

okay, now i don't know who to believe

We head-fi now, boys!

>my amp/dac colors my sound

why even buy it then desu

>listening to EDM

The IEMs are alright.
This faggot is a mentally ill Schiit shill, I would ignore everything he posts.

¡HOLA REDDITO!

>Mentally ill
Hmmm... Where have I heard that before in this general?

This nigga serious?

Honestly headphones sound like uncomfy as fuck. Are there powered bookshelf speakers that'd give a listening experience anywhere as good as HD600s?

Is there anything better than the HyperX Cloud II for $80 or less? I know the alternative is headphone+microphone, and I saw boompro-like microphones for $15 on amazon, but I have no idea what good headphones are available for $65 or less.

Any help?

Not quite bookshelf speakers but the meme LSR305 are amazing for really cheap.
They're decent as far as gaming headsets goes.

>$65 or less
SHP9500S, easily.

>19 Cucks and 12 shipping
almost identical to US prices, just about 5 USD more in shipping

558, SHP9500, CB-1, 668B/681(F/B)/669

>audiophiles make fun of people listening to youtube converted shit
>audiophiles proceed to listen to literal upscaled flacs converted from studio source which is 16 bit 44khz wav
>claim they're hearing god with their equalized, distorted colored sound coming through flat $2000 setup

what is more sad

10/10 post

Why arent there any trannies in the audiophile community?

>spends $5000 for performance that you can get at the $200 range

top kek

0w0

>HyperX Cloud II
Isnt this one actually worse than the normal HyperX Cloud Is?

>you can replace some audiophile nerds amp/dac with a cheap audio interface and they wouldn't even notice until looking that their shit is missing

>spends $5000 for performance that you can get with $30 headphones and EQ

tip top kek

>spends $5000 for performance that you can get with $10 walmart shitphones and EQ

tippity top kek