/sqt/ - Simple Questions That dont deserve their own thread, stupid

ITT you're supposed to ask questions that do not deserve their own thread.

Read the sticky before posting, you can often find the answer faster there: Same goes for taking a minute or two and googling first.
DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION! You wont get an answer faster, and some people look for posts without replies.

Redirect anyone creating their own thread with

Other urls found in this thread:

goodram.com/content/uploads/2014/03/GR1333D364L9-4GDC_256x8.pdf
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220480
amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8W8Z5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/Lenovo-80SF0001US-Chromebook-2-16GHz-Bluetooth/dp/B01CVKKZ60/
amazon.com/dp/B018SZT3BK/ref=twister_B01BRWH8G8?_encoding=UTF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not much senpai, just 1 page of html, also checked

I want to get a job in the networking industry however i dont want to go to college and spend 2-3 years there because i am already 31 and dont want to waste anytime. How easy will it be to find a job with just CCNA certificates?

How do I unlock an OSX keychain? I have the login keychain and the key associated with it, but it appears to be a hash.

How do I search for a certain char or letter in an array? Already googled to no avail. This is for a project which is based off pointers and if anyone has an answer which implements pointers then thanks.

Just wanted to thank the user who suggested to slipstream USB 3.0 drivers on my windows 7 installation. It's working.

Anyone on Windows that uses Win 10 with the Ubuntu for Windows thing?
Can you use it to install the GCC toolchain and various libraries and build /Windows/ binaries?

so lets say i build a new computer and boot into the bios. Will a wireless keyboard work? how about a wireless mouse once i boot windows 10 from a flash drive?

older BIOS probably not. newer UEFI probably works.
Once you're in the OS it should work normally.

so im guessing am4 mobos will be fine then.
also is there any difference between ps/2 keyboards vs usb?

>Have 4 ram slots on mobo (dual channel only though)
>using 2 ram sticks
>want to add 2 more but those sticks are no longer available
Im using those goodram.com/content/uploads/2014/03/GR1333D364L9-4GDC_256x8.pdf
will it work if i just get a matching set from a diffirent manufactor?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220480

Hey anons, I'm trying to transfer a website from the place I bought it from to a different host. How do I transfer it without losing the WHOIS Guard protection? It wants me to deactivate it, but I want to stay anonymous. Can I put false information in there before doing it?

yes.

it should work but you have some super generic stuff. buy a new kit with 2 sticks with the total size you want and sell your old ram. it will guarantee no problems.

you're not anonymous, you're only stopping people from seeing your name when they look up who owns the site.
and you should be able to turn it back on.

too much fucking with it around, i just want it to work, not to make tricks

Oh alrighty then. Thanks user. Will that info stop being public again?

For with strcmp?

i have like 30 different keychains lying around. what do i do with them?

tie them together and hang yourself

Get 30 keys and put them on each chain then find a low hanging fan and a bit of rope and fucking kill yourself

I'd like to clone my Windows 10 installation from SSD to (a bigger and faster) SSD.

What's the best cloning program to do so? For free, preferably?

clonezilla

>Can I put false information in there before doing it?
You can, but someone can just report you for that and then you'll be forced to either update with a valid info (by providing an ID and such) or they'll terminate your domain.
Mostly domains like .us and .eu are so anal about it.

Oh, I've got a .irrelevant so I think I'm good.

I'm trying to run a cracked simulation program for windows using wine/debian.
Every time I run Program.exe, I get an error message saying "Program_gui.exe not found!" even though Program_gui.exe is in the same folder. I even tried copying Program_gui.exe into several folders the program could be looking through. I've also tried simply running Program_gui.exe, which opens the gui but claims product key authentication failed.

If one program searches for another program (which definitely exists), does that mean the path variable for wine/linux is flawed, or is Program.exe hard-coded to only search through a specific windows pathway? What could I do to fix this?

I have an extra monitor that has no use, it's currently sitting on another desk.

It's a TN display and was wondering how it would look in portrait mode. My two current monitors are IPS.

What do you guys think? All I need for it is a cheap monitor arm and I'm set.
This is the monitor amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8W8Z5E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not really a question but fuck it, I need some recommendations. I'm going to be backpacking for a few months and I'm looking for a small computer for movies, audiobooks, and general dicking around on the internet whenever I get a chance. I'm looking to spend $100-$150 and I'm leaning towards the Lenovo N22. I'm also looking at some tablets as an alternative, something like the Fire HD 8. I don't have a lot of experience with this stuff so I don't know what I'm doing. Any advice?

amazon.com/Lenovo-80SF0001US-Chromebook-2-16GHz-Bluetooth/dp/B01CVKKZ60/
amazon.com/dp/B018SZT3BK/ref=twister_B01BRWH8G8?_encoding=UTF8

Just use a VM. Wine a shit and Windows is free to torrent and activate or otherwise obtain.

how the fuck would we know, just improvise a stand and see how it looks yourself ffs

does anyone know what might cause this to happen?

You don't understand. What I am wondering is how do TN displays fair for this type of thing. I know that their viewing angles are bad.

>250 euros
What tech should I buy?

it will look like shit, because TN is not designed for portrait. if going portrait use IPS

how to keep web server safe?
what antivirus should I use on ubuntu?
I have many wordpress sites so I'm looking for a way to idk maybe scan php or something

Related question then, since my comp already has a hardware-bound key

How would I go about spoofing my system onto a vm?

Is anyone else occasionally getting image links to the defunct is2.Sup Forums.org? It only seems to happen on the front page of a(ny) board. To clarify it can be links to the OP image or any of the recent posts for any thread shown on the front page of a board.

Well shoot. Will probably sell it then, unless if I can put it above my dual monitors without it looking like shit.

>just improvise a stand and see how it looks yourself ffs
Seconding this, make your own judgement. If it looks like shit then it looks like shit.

why not replace one IPS monitor with it, and put that portrait

Use the little buttons on your monitor. Find the auto sync option and use it.

Fucked overscan?
Bad cable?

Thinking of buying a OnePlus 3. Thoughts?

ty

Well I can't because my IPS displays don't have VESA, and it would look like shit because the TN monitor is smaller then the other ones.

What tech do you need?
What tech do you have?

you're the one that dont understand. you can test it if you hold the monitor where it should be and then put your stupid thick head where you usually have it while using the computer and see if its fine or not

you could always make a vesa mount, i did that for my samsung PLS monitor, but its probably best to sell it or mount it above

>but its probably best to sell it or mount it above
Thanks man. What do you think my best option is? I am leaning towards selling it and just getting another monitor so I don't have to drill into the wall anymore.

seeeeell it, mounting it above other monitors will be shit, because you'll spend most of your time trying to get it perfectly in the middle. just get another IPS for portrait mode

I'll do this, thanks bro. I could either get another one and leave it in a regular position, or do portrait. Need to think about it.

I'm at the point of being satisfied with what I have. I don't like that.

I purchased an SSL certificate for my website online, I'm trying to the into PEM format and all I know is that I need to use openSSL to do so.

How to I extract the contents of my bundle or certificate to get the SSL and CA intermediate certificates to get my website running?

I want to install facebook,whats app and skype on my android phone, but I don't want them to sniff around my contacts, location etc.

Is there a way I can ring fence them for that purpose?

runas /user:Administrator "cleanmgr /VERYLOWDISK" & "defrag c: /V"
I've tried & and &&. I've tried nesting. I've asked Ten Forums. The first command runs, but the second command doesn't. I'm running Windows in VM, so don't eben Gentoo me. I just want Windows cli XP-10 to work like Linux ;_;

Does there even need to be an "&" symbol?

Post speccy of your main computer and your laptop.

In CMD, I believe so. Powershell uses semicolon to separate commands, but this doesn't work either.

Why is chipset so important when it comes to phones instead CPU?

I need an activation function for a simple neural network: I've tried several, but most of them don't change the random weights that much, if at all. Also, is there some sort of ideal ratio between layers in a neural network?

What do i do with a 1tb portable hard drive?

Phones generally use a SoC design so chipset and CPU are all one unit

if i have 80% in a class right now, and the final is worth 25%, do i need to take it at all?

80% of 75 is 60, so if you can take a D, I guess.

Frame Relay and X.25 aren't part of the Internet right? They are more like alternative networking technologies right?

Can it be argued that to have some level of safety, you give up some level of privacy? (i.e. Uber collecting your personal info and geolocalization could be seen as a safety measure in a worst case scenario)
What do privacy advocates suggest to deal with safety?
Any decent text I can read about it?

This belongs in its own 300+ replies bait thread, not here. Delete it faggot.

what would happen if i went on a specific Sup Forums thread and uploaded an image file really slowly, or rather as slow as Sup Forums allows before a time out

and i did this hundreds of times on multiple ips

would the thread be affected?

No.

This might warrent it's own thread, but I'll post here first.

I just experienced the strangest thing. I recently built a new PC for my parents. Installed Windows, did a short stability test, etc., everything worked great. Then I plugged in the WiFi adapter. After a few minutes the screen was covered with stroking graphical artifacts, like you'd see with a dieing GPU (keep in mind, there is no discrete GPU, only integrated graphics). Multiple restarts didn't help. I then tried booting off my portable Linux drive, but it locked up on the desktop. Then I went into the BIOS and experienced the same stroking artifacts as on Windows. Finally I unplugged the wifi adapter (more out of exasperation than actual trouble shooting). Low and behold, it booted up just fine to Windows. Same for Linux.

Anyone ever had a USB wifi adapter cause stroking graphical artifacts?

IP over frame relay does exist, not very common now though. X.25 traffic is often carried via the internet.

Is this adapter PCIe?

How do I go about getting a VPN?

buy one or get a raspberry pi/server

I've been using youtube-dl for months without issue. Today I have tried to use it for one video and multiple videos at a time and received
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 1 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 2 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 3 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 4 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 5 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 6 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 7 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 8 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 9 of 10)...
[download] Got server HTTP error. Retrying (attempt 10 of 10)...
ERROR: giving up after 10 retries

I went to the GitHub and got the 2017/4/17 update, but it has the same error

Would any do?

run the following
youtube-dl -U
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt upgrade
then reinstall youtube-dl
install ffmpeg

if all of the above fails
rm -rf *

>rm -rf *
I wonder if anyone has ever failed for it.

if you fall for it you better get off g

But
youtube-dl is up-to-date (2017.04.17)

What will re-installing do?

this is relevant to my interests, but i have a college degree

and I'm on a mac, so I don't think I need ffmpeg

i want to share content from a folder on my laptop to the same folder on my desktop computer. 2 questions, and i assume wired is the safer choice, but if i share a folder through an ethernet cable between the two computers, is the data encrypted or protected? how about wirelessly? can packets be lost? and is it to a degree where people can see the content? my plan is to use youtube-dl to download youtube videos but i want the same files on both the desktop and laptop. i download different youtube videos when im on my laptop than i do when im on my desktop.

tl:rd
wanna know the safest way to sync to folders or have the same content in the same folder on the laptop and desktop.

Is it possible to automatically uninstall a program with only its Uninstall.ini?

The pins above are PCI x1 (mPCIe), those below are mSATA.
Do you know if I can plug that mSATA adapter in a PCIe x1 slot and expect it to work?

You can? yes.
Will it work? No.

What if instead I plugged that mSATA adapter to a mPCIe extender like this? it does support SATA so I imagine it has a SATA controller.

I'm starting to lose sensation in my toes, wat do?

Cardio.
Go to a chiropractic.

You have pressure problems, your blood is not reaching your toes.

How do I get motivated to learn programming again

First year CS/EEE undergrad here. What kind of entry level IT jobs should I look for?

That sounds about right.

These fucking standard-issue boots, FUCK.

I'll try to see a chiropractor and run every other day. Last week it was a tingling sensation when the boots were off, now it's gone, but I don't feel as well in those areas.

I'm scared.

or maybe if I used this? the mSATA thing is an adapter though, not an SSD, but the pinout should be the same.

What does that do?

Literally Nuke your OS drive.

Are you saying that's what I should do or what it does?

No.
Its a old joke, its the equivalent of delete system32 folder but for linux.

WTF is with my system not recognizing the model number of my hard drive? I went from a WD 1tb to a Seagate 2tb, and for some reason speccy and Windows itself thinks I have a 2tb WD installed. Only Samsung Magician reports the model number correctly.

Did you copy your OS from one drive to another?

A while ago, yes. But it had nothing to do with the HDD. I originally had a 250gb SanDisk SSD as my boot drive, but I upgraded to a 500gb Samsung m.2 drive (for space reasons, and for cable management reasons), so I cloned the SanDisk drive to the Samsung using Samsung's drive cloning tool.

Are SSHD a meme or legit?