Ryzen 7 1700x or i7 7700k?

Ryzen 7 1700x or i7 7700k?

I play XIV and Overwatch, and would like to shoot for 144hz in gaymes.

I don't know anything about meme fantasy 14 but both can do 200+FPS in Overwatch.

stop playing video games

Whatever, man. Do you have the money for the intel? I'd probably get that. If you're trying to save a couple bones, get the Ryzen

It's really not a big deal and neither are going to be the botleneck on a 144hz Overwatch build, that'll be your GPU.

FWIW I get ~110 FPS on Ultra in overwatch at 1440p 144hz with a 1070 and a 6700k. Not exactly a high-end game.

GPU wise I'm planning to get a 1080, but I might as well wait to see what AMD's new line looks like.

Both CPUs cost about the same.

Want better lows?
1700x
Want better averages?
Want better longevity?
1700x
Do ANY productivity work?
1700x

Why waste the money if you're not even gonna come close to halfway pushing your hardware underclocked?

Because right now I'm paying XIV and Overwatch, but I don't know what I'll be playing in a year.

I can afford to go higher, so I might as well.

I recommend ryzen because I don't like (((Intel)) but Nvidia drivers are shit so ryzen wont perform even with a titan

Ryzen 7 comes with a nice cooler. You'd save a lot of money with that.

7700k if its for gaymes. Dont listen to the amd shills

>longevity
No. Both cpus will be uselessly obsolete in 3-4 years. Thats not a knock against ryzen. Thats the reality of technology

XIV is easy to cap out at its 200 fps limit. Go for the 1700 since they're increasing the cpu requirement this year.

Yeah, just like Sandy Bridge is uselessly obsolete. :^)

It is faggot. Who the fuck is buying a samdy bridge?

Go back to Sup Forums and stay there.

i fucking want to kill myself

Sage

coffee lake comes out in may.
just waitâ„¢ another month.

kek

7700k.
Ryzen is shit for games.

Ask them to mark the package as gift

>mfw $400 in Colombia

Shit those 5fps the 7700k beats the 1700 in makes the amd CPU so bad 4c/8t < 8c/16t

>not 240hz
Shoot higher

Its 435 Dollar here. And thats without shipping.

just like hawaii is obsolete right
oh wait

At least the mainboard can be used with a brand new CPU from 2020 with the ryzen build