Going back to Windows 7

I feel like going back to Windows 7. I miss the UI, I miss being able to customize it. I miss the look and feel. I miss being able to use my PC without it cockblocking me because it thinks I don't know how to insert my penis into its vagina.

Any reasons not to? Only legit I found was DX12 and even that doesn't show much promise because most multiplat games will support Vulkan as well. I don't really care for any of the MS exclusives.

>b-but no new features
I don't care

>b-but m-my security
Go away

I guess my mind is pretty much made up I'm just looking to see if I'll get fucked unexpectedly or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605
download.wsusoffline.net/
bitbucket.org/ancile_development/ancile/downloads/
vocaroo.com/i/s0WH3z2DPGOi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good choice.

There's also startup speed but still. Am I being a dumb nigger?

Install Windows 7 SP1 then install the following:

> [1] Update Internet Explorer to IE11
microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

> [2] Installing and searching for updates is slow and high CPU usage occurs in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

> [3] How to update the Windows Update Agent to the latest version
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104

> [4] April 2015 servicing stack update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3020369

> [5] July 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172605

> [6] Install WSUS Offline and have settings like pic related, and disable updates
download.wsusoffline.net/

> [7] Install latest version of Ancile Script and run as Administrator
bitbucket.org/ancile_development/ancile/downloads/

>AVOID:
KB2952664
KB3021917
KB3068708
KB3080149
KB3184143
KB971033

thanks bro.

whats all this shit tho

Disinfo.

>startup speed
Why would you even care about that? How often do reboot your PC?

Not an issue, even on my old Q6600 with old spinning HDD. I use hibernate as well.

Windows 10 users care about startup speed because their OS crashes all the time.

Also windows does not shutdown it kind of hibernates.

10 LTSB is nice, especially since you can turn everything off through group policy, and it has to respect it because it's ENTERPRISE
if you really cared about security/privacy you wouldn't be using windows anyways

Recommended Windows updates (surprisingly need to update IE11 to get), Windows Update grabber since built in one is garbage (receives updates from official server) and script to block MS spyware shit.

vocaroo.com/i/s0WH3z2DPGOi

Windows 7 is just good. It does what it's suppose to an unless something is terribly wrong you have no issues with it.
Until Microsoft gets their shit together I'd stick with Windows 7 too.

almost never lol

i never even use hibernate but i guess ill start

windows 10 here and i get BSOD every now and then

i dont really care about privacy that much, just about being able to tell my system what to do, and not being told by it what its going to do without my permission

yeah, downloading as we speak

>i dont really care about privacy that much, just about being able to tell my system what to do, and not being told by it what its going to do without my permission
you can do that with 10 ltsb
you could use regular enterprise but LTSB is basically a extremely stripped down version of enterprise (no cortana/edge/store)

>open group policy editor
>disable telemetry
>tell windows update to fuck off
>anything else you want
>enjoy hassle free windows

yeah but theres also the UI, look and feel and being able to customize my OS

>you can do that with 10 ltsb
You can't

Win7 is comfy

>MSRT/windows defender
literally nothing

well then use linux
you really can't customize windows that much unless you're willing to fuck around with system files not designed to be fucked with

Read again. It says "it includes MSRT/Defender" not "limited to". Here in one day W10 LTSB sent 90KB woth all the crap possible disabled.

>he fell for win10 meme in the first place

dude if you want to be this autistic about security just fucking use linux

So now that I've proven that Winblows 10 is spyware, your last resort is insulting me. Typical.

you can

>muh spyware
>muh botnet
>using steam
>using nvidia
>using tor
>using any version of windows

Lul

shhh

>I miss the UI
u wot m8?
define UI
>Total commander looks exactly the same on any windows
>Decent utility applications looks exactly the same on any windows
>Decent search engine/indexer looks exactly the same on any windows
>start menu is and always was useless

Well now Windows 10 with the Creators Update is installed. Lets see how its work with nvidia cards

this. just using win7 wallpapers with win10 made me feel extra comfy, cant wait to go back to 7.

i miss the look and feel of the interface.
i miss being able to customize everything.
i miss being able to use win95, 98, xp or even ME icons and sounds and themes in general

i miss not having this buttfuckugly metro flat design that i cant stand anymore

i miss not having a comfy OS.

somthing about this UI

>>I miss the UI
>u wot m8?
>define UI
Not OP, but he most probably means that he misses the old Aero look.
I like the new look of Windows 10 and new OS design in general, but there is always something to Windows 7. It was cheesy ( MUH TRANSPARENCY EFFECTS ) but it felt just right, it's hard to explain.

No in mine 2015 LTSB

>Had to respect because is ENTERMEME
I had enterprise 10 with everything set off, the sistem stayed put for 6 months then decided to update anyway

That's what you get for hiring Apple designers.

Based OP, you've done the right choice in choosing Windows 7.

installing right now

fuuuuuuck feels good

not sure of what were you trying to proove here

EVERY FUCKING DAY. no one cares.

Did they? This would actually make me switch to Windows 7 in the next hour or so.

fuck off faggot. i don't even come to Sup Forums
i like it here tho, some pretty comfy threads

It's not about W10's control panel looking like W7's: W10 has both the control panel and the windows settings even though they more or less do the same shit.
It's retarded as fuck.

no legit reason, nobody should be on WX

are being forced to use settings?
I don't use start menu, I don't have any icons od desktop. Never used these since Windows 2000. Should I be assmad about existence of these things?

>tfw DAZ loader says unsupporetd partition table

i aint unisntalling this shit as MBR.

does KMS work fine?

>that grammar
Pajeet pls.

>are being forced to use settings?
Yes. WU, wallpaper, taskbar, tray, and many more are managed through Settings only, which is crap.

>I don't use features therefore nobody should be able to use them

Silicon Valley's approach to UX design in an utshell.

where did I said that?

>this grammar

truly this must be a microsoft pajeet holy hell

>tfw was never really a fan of indians but Sup Forums made me feel utter disgust at the thought of them

fml

>startup speed
They are about the same, windows 8 and up by default do not start from a cold boot like windows 7. They perform a hybrid sleep when you shutdown.

OP here

thanks bruv. now to find a better XP skin that has icons and sound effects

based.

I needed this 4 months ago.

bonus: go through IT and steal the PNs off broken computers.

OP é BR?

yup

hue

I'm about to build a new PC and was wondering about using W7 again, but I heard that with Ryzen you won't be able to get updates to the CPU/Motherboard BIOS. Is this actually true or what?

Você é de Pernambuco e usa esteroides? lol

So...where do I get a copy?

Should I just bite the bullet and install Windows 10? I already have 8.1 on automatic updates so I probably already have all the spy shit anyway right? I mean, I use chrome. I carry an iPhone everywhere with me. I wear an Apple Watch on my wrist witch constantly measures my pulse for god's sake. Why not just complete the circle? Right? Hell maybe I'll even pick up an Amazon Look next week and cement my place in the 9th circle of hell.

Actually you should disable hibernate especially if using an SSD it will save you quite a few gigabytes of space, win 7 might boot slower than 10 but its still fairly close with an ssd.

At what point to I get to reach techo-enlightenment and merge with the Machine God?

Windows 10 users? Every day. Microsoft installs updates all the time. And if it's not updates it's the OS crashing.

Is it really that bad? I use Win 10 at work every day, never had any problems. Though it is enterprise version of course.

>Any reasons not to?
January 14 2020

Alright guys. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna fucking do it!!! No one try and stop me.

They already know. The answer is one and a half.

>implying it will change anything at all

dont use them, just like to read about them, but yeah, pernambuco

so, 3 years? lol, i reinstall my OS at least once a year

once a year? I do it every other week!

Why the FUCK did you leave windows 7. Re-install it now you stupid mother fucker!

you can save me later.
FUCK!

They are memeing on you. Regular 10 is bloated but thats it. I compare it to getting like a Google branded phone with vanilla Android experience versus getting some Verizon branded one with tons of shitty apps and widgets pre-installed

Remove the bloat, crashes dont happen

Vanilla android is a piece of shit though. You can't customize anything. Google branded devices are also shitty and over priced ever since the Nexus 5 (RIP N4 pours 40 on the floor). They're both equally shit.

no, they just hired incompetent H1B poojeets

Everything you currently use from this date will still be supported.
Vidya is fairly saturated as is. There's a gameplay type for just about anything you could want these days.

Want to leverage future hardware?
Linux.

Legit can't recall the last Windows 10 crash on my system.

I use ryzen on win 7 no problems. Just be sure to add the relevant usb3 patch to your win7 installer.

When you go out of your way to make the win 7 look worse it gives away your prejudice.

>Update Internet Explorer to IE11

why not just disable it?

kill yourself

comfyfaggots should be hung

>reddit
explains everything

I've never used Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. Seven was always too comfy for me to consider upgrading.

But now that MS is blocking updates for 7 on newer systems, I'll probably need to switch to Linux and just run Windows virtually when needed. I want a Ryzen system after all and I ain't going to 10.

>buy new laptop manufactured in 2016
>install windows 7
>two BSoDs while installing but it still installs
>no wifi driver
>no ethernet driver
>no bluetooth driver
>no USB driver
>no SD card driver

god fucking damn it, is there a huge pack of drivers I can download somewhere so I don't have to try and hunt every individual one down? or a way to rip all of the drivers from a W10 iso and put them in W7?

people like you are why "gold" edition torrents of windows exist.

literally too handicapped to find official drivers for his laptop

post a screenshot of your desktop and speccy

not all of us are worthless NEETs that have time to search for drivers for 3 hours

It only takes three hours if you have no idea what you're doing and have to research and learn first.

yea, this is the first time I've bought a laptop that W7 doesn't have drivers for. the last time I bought a laptop was in 2010 which just werked perfectly and the last time I upgraded the motherboard/CPU in a desktop PC was in 2013 and I only had to find the ethernet driver which didn't take long.

you happy now?

I've always been happy.

what the fuck are you doing in Sup Forums? sounds like facebook would suit you better

>literally not having the brain capacity to figure out the search term "[insert laptop model here] drivers" and picking the official manufacturer website from the first 2-3 results

already did that, HP doesn't provide drivers for anything other than W10. have to hunt down each individual driver from intel, realtek, etc.

iirc you need to install it for one of the updates, but in the end ancile disables it. Only downside is that it's using up a bit of disk space.

>HP doesn't provide drivers for anything other than W10
well that explains a lot. pardon my ignorance

things like this are good to mention in the first post so people won't just assume retardation

I didn't have crash either, but after restart (from hibernation) many program don't start on enterprise. At first i thought i screwed up something in grub, but fixing uuid didn't helped. Currently i don't use windows, but currently the only version i would use is 7 or 8.1 with some gui fix.

>what is dual boot

>windows 10 is shit
>not its not
>yes it is
>HURR Y U USING WINDOWS ANYWAY FAGOT
everytime
wonder how much they get paid per post

Because linux does everything and better

How the fuck would you dual boot? The point of dual booting is to be able to use programs on another OS, once you run your Win 10 gayms you'll need to reboot into 7 every single fucking time.
And you'll have to install programs on both OSes.